Cabin in the Woods

Here's a little vignette (is that the right word?) of a cabin in the woods, complete with fireplace and outhouse. I would've added a door, roof removal system, and window details, but alas and a lack (of pieces). Enjoy!

General View

Outhouse

Interior

EDIT: I have no idea how "peices" got in the title. Oops.

Edited by -Windrider-
  • Upvote 5

I really need a better signature.

Fixed the title for you.

Anyway, I really like the fire pit - though, it does seem a little bit too tall relative to the log benches. I do appreciate your use of different grays to give the look of differently colored stones, though.

I quite like this. Though a bit disappointed that it isn't what I thought it was gonna be given the title.

It actually looks like a little hunting shack you often see up here. The outhouse seems a bit out of place but the design is nice. I especially like the little fire pit and bed... But I just don't think I would consider it a cabin, size wise. 

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Fixed the title for you.

Anyway, I really like the fire pit - though, it does seem a little bit too tall relative to the log benches. I do appreciate your use of different grays to give the look of differently colored stones, though.

Thanks. I think the fire pit was my favorite part of the moc, so I'm glad you liked it. The scaling is definitely off for the logs, but there was only so much I could do given my pieces and the size of the scene. Making the fire pit smaller might detract from the appearance, though I could always give it a shot.

I quite like this. Though a bit disappointed that it isn't what I thought it was gonna be given the title.

It actually looks like a little hunting shack you often see up here. The outhouse seems a bit out of place but the design is nice. I especially like the little fire pit and bed... But I just don't think I would consider it a cabin, size wise. 

Yeah, this is about as big as I could make it given my small collection of brown pieces. The placement of the outhouse was a little awkward, but that doesn't make it any less necessary.  :P Thanks for the feedback.

I really need a better signature.

Nice job! :)  A nice result of only having so many brown log pieces is that instead of a structure built entirely out of log pieces or straight regular brown ones, it's a structure built out of both, which gives it the impression of actually being constructed with logs.  As someone else with only so many pieces, I guess the important thing to keep in mind is that you can still make a good MOC out of anything!

The tile on the bed for a pillow is a great touch.  And the green plants and sand green in the roof work well together!  I'm guessing the sand green roof slopes came from Harry Potter sets, but they work well as part of an inconspicuous cabin.

I think it's interesting that you didn't use a trans orange flame for the fire, but with all the discussion about scale, it makes sense to leave it out because it would just be too tall.  You could add one or two to the existing trans orange cones to make the fire roar up, though. :P

If you wanted, with a few minifigs you could of course easily make a comic using this as a backdrop! :)