Favorite Team?

Bonkle

What is your favorite group of Bionicle sets? By that I mean like the Toa Inika, or the the Piraka, or anything like that. Why is it your favorite?

Personally, my favorite would be the Toa Mahri. I really liked watching the team develop from the beginning, and the Mahri designs were awesome. They were able to look like a unified group but still have unique designs.

• Upvote 1

The Toa Mata, hands down. While I certainly love the improvements that were made to the sets over the years, I very much enjoyed the simplicity of the 2001 line. There's also something vaguely dieselpunk-meets-cyberpunk about the first wave (probably all the gears), which I thought was downright awesome.

Story-wise, it's a toss-up between the Mata and the Metru.

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

As sets: 2015 Okoto Toa. They are by far the most high quality sets I've purchased with the Bionicle logo on them.

In story: Metru. They actually were a team. They had their differences at the beginning, but they were able to band together and truly work as a single unit.

• Upvote 3

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

Loved the Metru story, but also always like the Mangai

• Upvote 1

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

My favorite team is the Toa Mata from Mata-nui. It's just they are what you could think of when somebody says "Bionicle". Also, I like their 2015 counterparts. It truly feels like Bionicle again. Just something about the magic and mystery behind the masks of power.

• Upvote 1

2015 Toa, full stop. Not only are they one of the most diverse and great-looking teams visually, but story-wise they all have idiosyncrasies and character flaws that make them seem more relatable and realistic than past teams of characters.

• Upvote 2

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

2015 Toa, full stop. Not only are they one of the most diverse and great-looking teams visually, but story-wise they all have idiosyncrasies and character flaws that make them seem more relatable and realistic than past teams of characters.

They may have the character flaws, but let's see if they actually grow as characters through the series

• Upvote 5

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

They may have the character flaws, but let's see if they actually grow as characters through the series

We'll see. I'm certainly not interested in them getting rid of those flaws, though. That's the way the Toa Mata's character progression went, and the result was that they went from being stubborn jerks who consistently forgot how to get along for three full years to being dull, mostly interchangeable characters who lacked any sort of interesting internal struggles. What I like about the idiosyncrasies of the new Toa is that it gives them a better reason to learn to work together and rely on each other—for instance, Onua may be a powerhouse but he's prone to sleepiness, and it's more realistic for the other Toa to accommodate that and plan around it than to expect that trait to disappear.

Edited by Lyichir
  • Upvote 4

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

We'll see. I'm certainly not interested in them getting rid of those flaws, though. That's the way the Toa Mata's character progression went, and the result was that they went from being stubborn jerks who consistently forgot how to get along for three full years to being dull, mostly interchangeable characters who lacked any sort of interesting internal struggles. What I like about the idiosyncrasies of the new Toa is that it gives them a better reason to learn to work together and rely on each other—for instance, Onua may be a powerhouse but he's prone to sleepiness, and it's more realistic for the other Toa to accommodate that and plan around it than to expect that trait to disappear.

I wasn't saying for the flaws to go away. I was saying for them to actually bond as a team and be a group of friends. I know that Kopaka & Pohatu kind of got along, but I want Tahu to grow as a character. Maybe his arrogance won't go away, but maybe he'll be slightly more respectable

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Yeah, I hope the toa bond in the shorts in a realistic way with maybe some drama behind it examining their character flaws, instead of onua just saying 'we must be united' again or something

As for sets, easily the 2015 toa. They look so good together. There were some interesting sets visually in bonicles later years but they were marred by questionable mask design and bodies that were too flat

Edited by hiddenderek