Staring Contest Continues

Onuki

Staring Contest Continues

staringcontestbanner.png

Reports are snowballing in about a dire contest of wills between taciturn Ko-Koro citizens Kopeke and Matoro.  Cheered on by lightly dozing onlookers and refereed by equally taciturn Turaga Nuju, the contestants have now entered the thirteenth grueling day of their struggle.

Fans have showed up from every corner of the island to show their support for either Matoro or his identically-colored cousin, neither of whom had much to say before the proceedings began.  Sources claim to have heard at least one outcry of, “…,” but were unable to attribute it to one or the other.  Security at the event has been tight, with many of the less ambitious reporters scared away by an overweening Onepu.  In the words of a sage Matau, “Don’t end-stop the action-fight.”

Bystanders remain puzzled as to how the two contenders have lasted so long.  One Ta-Koro hot dog vendor observed that, “For one thing, Matoran don’t need to eat,” before quickly realizing that his entire profession was meaningless.  While distracted by the fast-paced spectacle, spectators neglected to observe that a quarter of Ko-Koro’s naturally-occurring snow had been accidentally melted by the efforts of these wayward hot dog salesmen.  No word has been given on any forthcoming reparations, although Turaga Vakama was noted to place his face in his palm and quietly slip away in embarrassment.

The stakes for the contest are evidently quite high, with the eccentric carver Hafu of Po-Koro promising a robust, life-size statue depicting the winner in all his glory.  A perplexed Hewkii was noted to shake his head in dismay at longtime partner Macku’s apparent adoration of one or more of the contestants, leading to speculation that other Ga-Matoran may soon show signs of similar feelings.  Sources maintain that a grim Kopeke appeared uninterested.

The contest comes at the end of a month of equally inane Matoran festivals and antics, including vine sculpting, lava throwing, and “Rahi relay swimming.”  With Matoro thus occupied and no translator available for Turaga Nuju, concerns are growing regarding the latter’s ability to communicate the end of the contest, prompting several worried Ko-Matoran to frantically begin skimming copies of Speaking Like R2-D2 for Dummies.

Staunch Ko-Koro sports fan Taipu concluded his thoughts on the festivities: “Maybe if more things were decided by staring contests, the world would be a better place.”

• Upvote 16

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Why are these not on the front page? XD Seriously, they're pure gold!

Unless someone reports them, Windrider or Black Six personally report them, then they don't appear on the front page.

Anyway, why is Kopeke sand blue in your sig, Onuki? I'm pretty sure he was medium/light blue last time I saw him.

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

Thanks, everyone! :)

Anyway, why is Kopeke sand blue in your sig, Onuki? I'm pretty sure he was medium/light blue last time I saw him.

I think the MNOLG confuses some of the Matoran colors by using slightly different shades. If you compare Kopeke to Matoro there, they're both the same color, which looks like sand blue (a little more gray and less blue) when compared to the light blue used for the Ga-Matoran. It looks lighter than the sand blue used on Matoro in real life, but you can tell they're different. The difference can even be seen just by comparing some of my MNOLG screenshot comedy banners.  :)

I think it's just another example of liberties that Templar took to make their Bionicle animations. They did something similar with Tamaru, making his green lighter than Matau's masks in real life and his teal a brighter blue. I'm guessing it was mostly to make the colors look better, even if it was less accurate to the sets.

Yeah, a key joke in my story is that Kopeke and Matoro are almost the same.  :P Just different masks.

Edited by Onuki
  • Upvote 1