Rarest BIONICLE item you own?

Bonkle

Would the Blue Ruru from the Karzhani set count as rare?

To a certain degree. It was only in a single, large set that was a retailer exclusive, making it rarer than most masks found in mainstream canister sets and titans.

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Chrome Hau and nothing else really notable except from an infected Hau Nuva and Copper Huna

9HYoRY7.pngKayn's Thought: My hiatus of Bionicle has ended

I have a misprint red Ruru, three disks of time (no masks) and a lone Shadow Kraata.

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Prototype parts, probably, like my Dark Gray Metallic Kraahkan (which, for all I know, might be totally unique).

I have one of those masks, and I think Yanni does as well.

The rarest item I own is probably the trans-orange mask of fire with a solid center. As far as I'm aware it's the only one that exists.

I also have a prototype Lehvak, and a prototype McToran Matoro, and a good number of the misprints, prototype masks and parts, the NYCC masks, the SDCC mask, etc. 

• Upvote 2

31399314352_5890b9b8a3_o.jpg

Prototype parts, probably, like my Dark Gray Metallic Kraahkan (which, for all I know, might be totally unique).

I have one of those masks, and I think Yanni does as well.

The rarest item I own is probably the trans-orange mask of fire with a solid center. As far as I'm aware it's the only one that exists.

I also have a prototype Lehvak, and a prototype McToran Matoro, and a good number of the misprints, prototype masks and parts, the NYCC masks, the SDCC mask, etc. 

I guess I'm opening my spare Hero Packs.

I might say the rarest collectibles I have are my masks of time and the mask of wisdom, a chrome hau shaped mask. I guess also that my mint Tahu mata is rare? I don't think I have anything unheard of, maybe besides my green and red ruru masks...

I might say the rarest collectibles I have are my masks of time and the mask of wisdom, a chrome hau shaped mask. I guess also that my mint Tahu mata is rare? I don't think I have anything unheard of, maybe besides my green and red ruru masks...

the green and red Rurus are misprints, and are actually pretty rare - far more so than the Vahi and Rua. the 2001 misprint masks can go for pretty steep prices on Bricklink.

Edited by Arc

Probably either the Hero pack (The only promotional item I have) or Titan Mata Nui.

Yeah, DEFINITELY Mata Nui.

unless you're being sarcastic, i have to disagree. Toa Mata Nui may have been a store-exclusive set, but promotional packs pretty much instantly win over store exclusives.

Probably either the Hero pack (The only promotional item I have) or Titan Mata Nui.

unless you're being sarcastic, i have to disagree. Toa Mata Nui may have been a store-exclusive set, but promotional packs pretty much instantly win over store exclusives.

I wasn't being sarcastic. A ~$200 set with an exclusive mask -marketed as limited edition- vs a ~$3 pack that you got when you bought anything at all from the online shop. We'll see in a few years, though.

I wasn't being sarcastic. A ~$200 set with an exclusive mask -marketed as limited edition- vs a ~$3 pack that you got when you bought anything at all from the online shop. We'll see in a few years, though.

Toa Mata Nui cost $50. the Hero Pack had a limited run. we'll see.

Edited by Arc

I managed to grab a few prototype Tohunga from when a member was selling off all the prototypes they got from an eBay listing. They're pretty close to final (the only parts that differ from the production elements are the throwing arms and feet) but cool nonetheless.

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

I have a golden Vahi, a Disk of Time, a golden Ignika and a movie edition Kraahkan. Don't know which one is the rarest.

generally you can compare rareness of collectibles by looking at the average prices on Bricklink. of those four, the movie edition Kraahkan is probably the rarest (there are no gold Ignikas on Bricklink at the moment, though, and that could mean any number of things).

Edited by Arc
  • Upvote 1

How did you guys even get these things?

Most of the prototypes people have were distributed at various LEGO conventions, although some manage to find their way into online marketplaces such as Bricklink, generally by sellers who don't know enough about constraction to know their true value. The former no longer happens, as Black Six has now run out of the prototypes he was given by Binkmeister at the end of G1, and the latter is so rare that you really just have to be in the right place at the right time. I believe someone (either Brickthing or 55555) got a prototype Zamor by snatching it up on Bricklink.

Misprints are sold on Bricklink and there's generally some of all kinds for sale—albeit in small quantities and at steep prices. Many long-time fans got their hands on these items as soon as they came out. Occasionally you can find them at conventions as well, which is how I got my trans-yellow Kaukau for $15 (via Pablo [Zatth]).

Edited by Sumiki
  • Upvote 1

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

I was going to just post the old pic, but some new acquisitions made it worth taking a new one:

100_1889small.jpg

(Click for larger pic, and here when public for some individual pics.)

The cool pieces are on the top right and middle left: Metru blue Matatu (one of only around a dozen), red/clear Hau Nuva misprint (one of maybe six), prototype Strakk helmet (one of three or four), red/gunmetal prototype Zamor sphere, WMKK (without the bag and card, sadly) and two Flintsmith customs - metallic purple Akaku and trans-orange Miru.

A sealed copper Huna from a German cereal box will soon be added to this as well. In my almost-ten years of trading, this is the first time I've seen them, so they're clearly pretty rare. I'm also hoping to get a prototype silver Great Huna in the future.

There are still some holes I'd like to fill. I'm missing two misprint purple Krana, two protodermic Nuva masks, two Shadow Kraata and a bunch of 2001 European misprints. None of those are particularly difficult to find, but getting them just hasn't been a priority. One day.

To answer the topic question, technically the rarest piece here is the prototype Strakk helmet (based on numbers alone), but the most desirable and thus the most valuable would be either the Metru blue Matatu or the Hau Nuva misprint.

-Letagi

Edited by Letagi
  • Upvote 3