Bionicle 2016 Set Names Discovered

Isn't this a leak?

No. Well, yes. But also no.

The leaks that Lego looks out for (and thus, BZPower tries to ignore) are ones that are, well. Illegal. Stuff that is posted before it's supposed to with confidential stamps and from people who are breaking nda's and such. Bad leaks.

This is a official source, Amazon, releasing future information early. Obviously it's probably not something Lego wants, but it was out there nevertheless, and since it's from an official source, it's not something BZPower has to ignore. In fact, they can not ignore it, and instead post about it. This is ok, because it's official. It's kind of like when the Stars popped up on target's website in like, novemberish 2009. Leaks? Well, yeah. But it was the result of an official company's blunder and not some individual releasing illegal information.

At least, that's how I figure it works.

• Upvote 5

AXKP5KC.png

Ohhhh. I just remembered- the new online game had weird 'animal' versions of the Toa if you get all the parts or something! So the animals are probably allies.

Do you mean the models of Kopaka with wings/Onua with a tail? 'cause I think those are just the combiner models.

No, I don't think they are the combiners. Those are just the Toa with the Gold Masks and the Protector weapons. Either way, we'll find out.

The leaks that Lego looks out for (and thus, BZPower tries to ignore) are ones that are, well. Illegal. Stuff that is posted before it's supposed to with confidential stamps and from people who are breaking nda's and such. Bad leaks.

Precisely.

Amazon posting commercial information does not fall under our Leak prevention.

• Upvote 4

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

Anyone could have told you that. Abandoning a theme for just a year before bringing it back would be a recipe for disaster—literally all it would do is accelerate the loss of older fans for no good reason (the best recent example would be Ninjago, which suffered a sharp drop in fan interest after the almost-cancellation in 2013 and took some time to recuperate after its hasty revival). Not to mention that we've known that the new Bionicle was planned for at least three-years since New York Toy Fair last year...

- Orient Expedition.

Orient Expedition kind of proves Lyi's point, actually, since it (like most themes in 2003) was an unprofitable failure. LEGO Bionicle and LEGO Star Wars were the only profitable LEGO product lines in 2003.

It's possible for LEGO to successfully relaunch a year or so after cancelling it, like they did with LEGO Ninjago, but to willingly take such a risk would be stupid and pointless. Ninjago was a fluke where they didn't originally plan for it to continue at all but realized the continued demand too late to keep it going without a hiatus. Not a situation where LEGO consciously decided, "hey, let's take a break from this super-popular line to focus on a new line that we have no long-term plans for, then bring the earlier theme back like nothing happened".

Edited by Aanchir
  • Upvote 4

Ohhhh. I just remembered- the new online game had weird 'animal' versions of the Toa if you get all the parts or something! So the animals are probably allies.

Do you mean the models of Kopaka with wings/Onua with a tail? 'cause I think those are just the combiner models.

No, I don't think they are the combiners. Those are just the Toa with the Gold Masks and the Protector weapons. Either way, we'll find out.

The models in the online/mobile game are in fact the more complex combi models released on the Lego Club website, which should not be confused with the "powered up" forms that simply add the Protector weapons. Tahu's and Kopaka's instructions have already released that way, while the instructions for Onua's have not yet been made available.

They certainly aren't anything that has anything to do with next year's sets, though.

Edited by Lyichir

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

My theory on the "unifier" Toa is that since the masks are tied to elements (Jungle, Water, Fire, etc.) instead of mystical powers (levitation, water-breathing, shielding) this time, the Toa would have to "upgrade" or "go Nuva" in order for each mask to be compatible with each Toa. So Gali would be able to use water and earth to make a mudslide, or Tahu would be able to use fire and air to make a fire tornado. "Unifier" could imply that each Toa can unify, or pair, their respective element with the others. Having this could make collectible mask packs a feasible thing. Since they're not on this list, it could mean (assuming my theory above is correct) that mask packs would be available in summer 2016, when kids are out of school and have more time to go out and buy these packs to try and hunt them all down, and to build up hype for a new "Collect Them All" gimmick.

• Upvote 1

20630367175_89803378cf_m.jpg19614359428_333d55fdd4_m.jpg20062539664_c9b483986a_m.jpg

I have an Instagram page where you can see these pictures and more like them! Just click

HERE!

I called the beast theme. I so called it back when G2 began. I still have the proof in my sig, if the topic hasn't died.

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Just to be clear, there are some "Product Not Available" listings on shop.LEGO.com that confirm the official names (not just translations like the ones in this news article). You can tell they're the official names because if you enter an unofficial name (like "ketar stone animal" instead of "ketar creature of stone") into the URL in the same format, you get a "Page Not Found" page instead of a "Product Not Available" page.

Removed by request of LEGO. -B6

Edited by Black Six
  • Upvote 9

The Unity Set definitely makes me think that the creatures will be allies of the Toa. I'm excited by this news, but also slightly disappointed. I'm still waiting for a strong villain wave for the Toa to face. (I found the skull creatures a little underwhelming.)

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

Just to be clear, there are some "Product Not Available" listings on shop.LEGO.com that confirm the official names (not just translations like the ones in this news article). You can tell they're the official names because if you enter an unofficial name (like "ketar stone animal" instead of "ketar creature of stone") into the URL in the same format, you get a "Page Not Found" page instead of a "Product Not Available" page.

Removed by request of LEGO. -B6

Great find! Nice to see names are back. :P It's very intriguing that Kopaka (and Melum) get special treatment, that's really unusual. Edited by Black Six
  • Upvote 2

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

The xxxxxxs could be similar to the NRG ninja from ninjago.

BRAINSPARK

xxxxxx is a hunter hunting the creatures, which must be defended by the toa who will unite the island to save them.

Edited by Mish

:m_p:  :i:  :s:  :h:  Kopaka.png  :i:  :s:  :s:  :e:  :l:

"INTJ PROUD;" 80788-81311-MI

The Uniters could be similar to the NRG ninja from ninjago.

BRAINSPARK

Umarek is a hunter hunting the creatures, which must be defended by the toa /uniters who will unite the island to save them.

See, that's the approach I DON'T want. One or two upgrades are fine, but Bionicle shouldn't be treated like Ninjago where the same characters get new outfits every wave. I fear that's what will happen, though, because in the Gali designer video there's a piece of art that says Gali 2.0, which could mean LEGO feels it's like Hero Factory.

• Upvote 2

So wait, you're telling me that BZPower is now obligated to post leaked information?! (grant it, it's confirmed information but still)

• Upvote 1

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

The Uniters could be similar to the NRG ninja from ninjago.

BRAINSPARK

Umarek is a hunter hunting the creatures, which must be defended by the toa /uniters who will unite the island to save them.

See, that's the approach I DON'T want. One or two upgrades are fine, but Bionicle shouldn't be treated like Ninjago where the same characters get new outfits every wave. I fear that's what will happen, though, because in the Gali designer video there's a piece of art that says Gali 2.0, which could mean LEGO feels it's like Hero Factory.

We always got Toa every wave in G1, and there were new outfits for all three teams (twice for the Mata/Nuva), which people didn't seem to have problems with at the time. I'd be much happier with new outfits exclusively for the standard six rather than a cast herd of Toa being introduced, to be honest.

~B~

• Upvote 2

Also Malum is coimng back??!?!? WHAT?!?!!??!?!!? 

tumblr_m0wb2xz9Yh1r08e3p.jpg

EDIT:

sorry I read it wrong, it's Melum not Malum.

but unfortunately these creatures seem to be working WITH the Toa instead of against them as like the Rahi from 2001.

Edited by AidanBionicle1

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

Can't wait. I love seeing leaks, gets me excited and really takes me back to all the discussions and theories from G1. I can wait for pics to confirm my purchase of all these sets

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

We always got Toa every wave in G1, and there were new outfits for all three teams (twice for the Mata/Nuva), which people didn't seem to have problems with at the time. I'd be much happier with new outfits exclusively for the standard six rather than a cast herd of Toa being introduced, to be honest.

Exactly. The alternative to having new versions of the Toa every year is writing them out of the story entirely. Or at least shunting them to the sidelines, which isn't much better, especially if it means you're just going to shove these unfamiliar characters back into the spotlight a few years later to confuse new fans.

There's a reason Ninjago keeps introducing new versions of its main characters: because they're the main characters.

but unfortunately these creatures seem to be working WITH the Toa instead of against them as like the Rahi from 2001.

Why is that unfortunate? I think it's awesome. I've been wanting animal companions for the Toa for YEARS (the only example we got in G1 was Toa Mahri Jaller's Hahnah Crab). Besides, it's entirely possible that the Toa will still have to find and tame these creatures before they agree to be their allies. Gotta catch 'em all and whatnot.

• Upvote 6

So wait, you're telling me that BZPower is now obligated to post leaked information?! (grant it, it's confirmed information but still)

It's not a leak.

Could you please elaborate?

It kinda seems like a leak since Lego hasn't said anything about 2016 yet and Amazon quickly took these very links down and it's August and the summer 2015 story hasn't even started yet, so it's really, really confusing.

• Upvote 1

You do realize this is technically no earlier than we got the Toa Nuva, right? Bionicle came out in the second half of 2001 whereas the reboot started at the beginning of the year.

(Launch) 2001 Summer wave --> 2002 Winter wave --> 2002 Summer wave (When the Nuva came out.)

(Launch) 2015 Winter wave --> 2015 Summer wave --> 2016 Winter wave (Uniters.)

• Upvote 2

It's not a leak.

Could you please elaborate?

As per:

Precisely.

Amazon posting commercial information does not fall under our Leak prevention.

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

People are often eager to see what is coming out next from LEGO, and that's perfectly understandable. Sometimes though, either through an internal mistake or through the work of unscrupulous individuals, information about or images of sets make their way onto the Internet before LEGO was ready to share them.

[...]

Because of these reasons and others, BZPower has adopted a strict policy in regards to leaked content. If images are marked 'preliminary,' they are not allowed on BZPower, nor is information gained from them. If the images or information were not officially released by LEGO or a reliable source, they cannot be posted on BZPower. Discussion of new sets and other information can wait until they are officially announced by LEGO or through its partners.

Amazon is a "partner" of Lego and a reliable source. 

Boom. Done. Saudite.

Edited by fishers64
  • Upvote 1

You do realize this is technically no earlier than we got the Toa Nuva, right? Bionicle came out in the second half of 2001 whereas the reboot started at the beginning of the year.

(Launch) 2001 Summer wave --> 2002 Winter wave --> 2002 Summer wave (When the Nuva came out.)

I get that part- all I'm saying is in Ninjago practically anytime anything major happens there is another set of costumes. I'm all for Toa upgrades, just not every other wave.

I get that part- all I'm saying is in Ninjago practically anytime anything major happens there is another set of costumes. I'm all for Toa upgrades, just not every other wave.

*sees my friend change clothes* Careful, don't want to get too many costumes. The fans will hate that.

• Upvote 2

*sees my friend change clothes* Careful, don't want to get too many costumes. The fans will hate that.

Maybe other people don't get where I'm coming from, but what Ninjago did bothers me. It just cheapens the feel of the whole line and makes it seem gimmicky to me. Not saying that the designs will be bad or anything.

I think their point is more along the lines of, when talking about a toy line, it either feels over expensive or pointless to buy a new, slightly different version of the same character every year.

AKA Why did I spend this money on Megatron when I knew he was going to become Galvatron in three months anyway I could have used that money on food

(Not to say they don’t sell, of course.)

Edited by Pahrak #0579
  • Upvote 2

I think their point is more along the lines of, when talking about a toy line, it either feels over expensive or pointless to buy a new, slightly different version of the same character every year.

AKA Why did I spend this money on Megatron when I knew he was going to become Galvatron in three months anyway I could have used that money on food

(Not to say they don’t sell, of course.)

Exactly. I'd rather get a new team of Toa/heroes or new villains instead of another Tahu toy.

Yep, I don't want another HF repeat with the same characters for 5 years. 

• Upvote 1

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I would rather have the same team of heroes for five years (with yearly costume changes/upgrades) than to put the main characters on a bus as soon as they start to show any signs of character development. Bionicle's repeated cycle of replacing its entire main cast was not an ideal to aspire to.

• Upvote 3

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I would rather have the same team of heroes for five years (with yearly costume changes/upgrades) than to put the main characters on a bus as soon as they start to show any signs of character development. Bionicle's repeated cycle of replacing its entire main cast was not an ideal to aspire to.

Yes, but with the reboot, there is no story. There is no development. I would be totally fine with never seeing Tahu again, because I have his 2015 toy. I can make up my own stories.

Yes, but with the reboot, there is no story. There is no development. I would be totally fine with never seeing Tahu again, because I have his 2015 toy. I can make up my own stories.

We haven't even had it for a year. You shouldn't make such completely negative predictions when all we have are names.

• Upvote 2

It's nice knowing that Tahu isn't in a double pack. I'm completely fine with Kopaka getting some more recognition, as Tahu is there at every turn you take, understandably. I hope Kopaka retains the solid Paladin-like build he has for this year. He'd by my favorite Toa for 2015 if it weren't for the stickers. 

I'm assuming these creatures will be good, at least towards the middle of the year. If that's the case, I'm hoping for something similar to the Skull Spiders to return, where you're gradually given an expanding group of tiny villains as you buy more and more sets. The bug/arachnid thing is getting somewhat repetitive, though.

• Upvote 1