Betrii, Defender of the Vahi

Bonkle

I'm still waiting for my Hero Pack to show up, which includes what I consider to be the Okoto Vahi mask. As soon as I get it, I will post pictures of the MOC that goes with it, Betrii.

Betrii was a citizen of the City of the Mask Makers that survived the Ekimu/Makuta incident. She did whatever she could to survive, avoiding Skull Spiders with her ninja-like moves and skills. She considers herself a 'Toa of Shadow'. After Ekimu was awakened, he gave Betrii the Vahi to protect and use in dire situations. So far, Skull Grinder has not managed to capture her or the legendary Mask of Time.

She is quiet and only speaks when necessary. Betrii is not cold or stuck-up like Ko-Koronans, though. She is very resourceful and can adapt to almost any weapon, but she prefers her spear and shield. Her Pakari mask is not as powerful as a Toa's, but it still makes her stronger than usual.

That is about all I've come up with. I'm not sure I like the name, which is pronounced beh-TREE. My Hero Pack is supposed to arrive tomorrow, so pictures will be here soon! Delays with the shipping, so forget the Hero Pack!

8557906.jpg?297

Betrii with her primary weapons

4456848.jpg?296

No weapons + ninja pose

1771520.jpg?298

The back. The gear function still works, despite that black shell being so close to it.

5537686.jpg?298

Betrii's legendary shield

I can take more pictures if requested.

Edited by Bonkle

I love the way the green & black look together. Very nice color scheme. I can't help but feel that his shoulders just don't look as built as they ought to (maybe it's just the Onua mask there without the massive armor/bulk accompanying it). The shield would look better if it was either all of both colors, or if it was checker-boarded (the same colors are diagonal from each other). I have to say though, not bad :) I wasn't expecting this as the color scheme for a time based character, but I'm pleasantly surprised because it works very well! Keep up the good work!

• Upvote 1

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

I love the way the green & black look together. Very nice color scheme. I can't help but feel that his shoulders just don't look as built as they ought to (maybe it's just the Onua mask there without the massive armor/bulk accompanying it). The shield would look better if it was either all of both colors, or if it was checker-boarded (the same colors are diagonal from each other). I have to say though, not bad :) I wasn't expecting this as the color scheme for a time based character, but I'm pleasantly surprised because it works very well! Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the feedback! I wasn't really trying to make her a time-based character, just a Toa Hagah ripoff   just a guardian  of that mask. (Kind of like Vezon or Brutaka). I don't buy multiples of sets so I have 2 Gali fins and 2 Lewa fins. I tried the checkerboard but I didn't really like it.