Petewa

Promo Art:
http://orig01.deviantart.net/b2f6/f/2015/221/6/8/half_baked_promo_art_for_a_half_baked_fanfiction__by_b_rex54321-d94x12u.jpg

The Ta-Matoran woke up, as he did every morning, brushed his teeth, tied a bowtie around his neck, and put on his mask. He then went downstairs, to open up shop. Such was the life of the Ta-Matoran trader, and such had been his life ever since he and the other Matoran had rowed back to Metru-Nui. It wasn't a particularly busy day, so he decided to close shop early, in order to head off to the Ko-Metru library (seeing as it was the only place on the island with wifi)

Apon reaching the library, he slumped down on a bench, and pulled out his laptop (how he was able to afford such a device with such slow business is beyond me) Once on his laptop, he pulled up BZPower, in order to reach his monthly quota of wallbreaking. Being the Doctor Who fan he was, (there is nothing to canonically contradict this statement) he was attracted to a topic called "The Matoran's Guide To Building A TARDIS" and seeing it was (somewhat) legit instructions, in comparison to Petewa's usual humor (or more specifically, the lack thereof) it didn't seem like too bad an idea to write down the instructions in order to see if they actually worked.

The first mask seemed...somewhat more difficult to retrieve than the others, seeing as it was the mask of time, which was held on maximum lockdown in the Coliseum, so, the Trader decided to sneak in at night.

**That Night*

The Trader was wearing one of those all-black burglar costumes, complete with a ski mask (which he had difficulty fitting over his bright yellow Kakama) He slowly, stealthily, snuck up one the guards...but, one of them spotted him.
"Hello," the guard casually addressed the Trader, "What do you want?"
"I need to borrow the Vahi," the Trader replied.
"Okay then," the guard yawned, "It's right inside, you can't miss it,"
"Thanks, Agni," the Trader continued sneaking in, unseen, unheard, he approached the Vahi, and out of his backpack, pulled an adaptive armor Kakama he'd bought off Bricklink. He slowly, carefully, replaced the Vahi with the Kakama, and ran off, thanking Agni once more.

The next mask on the Trader's list was a trans.orange Hau...it was a good thing he'd made sure not to sell every Hero Pack his shop had been delivered. Now, for a Kiril, a Mahiki, and a Rau...those would be more difficult to find. He ran to the cemetery, and started digging at the grave labeled "Dume" you can probably guess what happened next.

The next morning, Tamaru and Kamen woke up, and couldn't find their masks. On a side note, I should also mention that the Trader had taken a boat back to Mata Nui that morning, and was currently placing the second to last mask on the contraption, finally, he took off his mask and placed it on the last spot of the Suva, the contraption then began to glow, and in the center formed...what looked to be a bright yellow Kakama, just like the one the Trader normally wore, but, he placed it on his face nonetheless, and walked inside his TARDIS, he muttered to himself, "It's bigger on the inside," before pulling a Demat lever. And then he was off.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry it took so long, I was busy with...procrastinating, I guess. Oh well, finally did it, all the usual schnazzy stuff is apreciated, thanks for reading this if you did.
  • Upvote 2

Good start!  Things like Agni's lack of concern over loaning the Vahi and the monthly quota of wallbreaking were funny.  I was expecting you to go with Nokama and Matau for a Rau and a Mahiki, but imagining poor Tamaru without a mask is just as funny.  I think he actually took off his mask to taunt a Bohrok in a Bohrok animation... :lookaround:

• Upvote 2

Good start!  Things like Agni's lack of concern over loaning the Vahi and the monthly quota of wallbreaking were funny.  I was expecting you to go with Nokama and Matau for a Rau and a Mahiki, but imagining poor Tamaru without a mask is just as funny.  I think he actually took off his mask to taunt a Bohrok in a Bohrok animation... :lookaround:

I was honestly planning on Nokama and Matau being the victims, but then I remembered my rule for this thing: obscure characters only.

• Upvote 1

Promo Art: http://img10.deviantart.net/3b25/i/2015/239/2/1/half_baked_fanfiction_coverart_two_by_b_rex54321-d97etr4.jpg

Vohon considered all the places he could go, all the things he could see, and realized, he had all of time to choose from, and all of time was an option, he typed in the coordinates for some future date decades from now...or so he thought. He pulled the Demat lever, and heard the whirring of his TARDIS, when the sound stopped, he opened the door. The Trader was, naturally, confused by the fact that he clearly wasn't in the future, or the present, he was in the past, and not that far in the past by the looks of it...he could see his old shop, his trading shack on Mata Nui...and even stranger yet, he could see a Matoran at the shop...the Matoran was wearing a bowtie and a Kakama...he turned around...suddenly, Vohon realized, the Matoran was himself. Naturally, he hopped back into his TARDIS quickly enough for his past self to think he was halucinating.

He pulled the demat lever and randomly started typing coordinates. The TARDIS landed, and he, slowly, cautiously, and very uneasily, opened the doors. He saw a white and gold Matoran with a Pakari, being built. Its creators noticed the intrusion, and turned to look at the Trader, who, hurriedly, ran back into the TARDIS, to pull the Demat lever again, this time, setting the coordinates for what he knew to be the present.

More relaxed with where he thought he'd wound up this time, he casually left the TARDIS, letting out a sigh of relief as he did. He looked around...he wasn't in his shop, but he gave himself points for getting to the present correctly, The Trader started looking at the shop he'd wound up in, he appeared to be in a Ga-Metru Craftswoman's shop, he looked at the merchandise, seeing mostly fishing tools and Kohlii sticks. He hopped back in the TARDIS, and tried to see if he could get himself to present Ta-Metru, at least, he shut the doors, pulled the demat lever, and started making slight changes to the coordinates, so that he would move through space, but not time. He then looked at a screen he had on the console, and saw in the screen, the reflection of someone behind him.

He turned around to see the Ga-Matoran Craftswoman had entered his ship.

-------------------------------------------------

I apologize for the rather short episode.

Edited by Petewa
  • Upvote 1

Bravo! This will get me in shape to be a Doctor Who fan. I love how dumb that guard is, and that Vohon takes chances whenever. I am curious about that white and gold matoran with a Periki being built is. For all I know, he could be some random matoran being built, or if there was something else to him. What makes me suspicious, is the fact that there's all the old plain elements, with a reasonable amount of matoran on Mata Nui. The matoran was white and gold, that doesn't sound like a fire, water, ice, air, stone, or earth element to me. But Takanuva was white and gold too, and his element is light, so we now know the matoran is a light element and that I could possibly be making a fuss about nothing.      

• Upvote 2

72197956-EB80-4CAF-BB5C-D0D318A40095.jpeg.06500b6004773171b423d2a9714c6833.jpeg

In loving memory of our hero

Bravo! This will get me in shape to be a Doctor Who fan. I love how dumb that guard is, and that Vohon takes chances whenever. I am curious about that white and gold matoran with a Periki being built is. For all I know, he could be some random matoran being built, or if there was something else to him. What makes me suspicious, is the fact that there's all the old plain elements, with a reasonable amount of matoran on Mata Nui. The matoran was white and gold, that doesn't sound like a fire, water, ice, air, stone, or earth element to me. But Takanuva was white and gold too, and his element is light, so we now know the matoran is a light element and that I could possibly be making a fuss about nothing.      

Oh no, you're not making a fuss about nothing, it was a nod to the fact that Takua was the first Matoran ever built, and seeing as white and gold are the natural colours of Av-Matoran, I figured he was probably built in those colours, Vohon accidentally witnessed the birth of the Matoran race, and influenced it.

And I wouldn't call Agni dumb so much as I would friendly.

Edited by Petewa
  • Upvote 1

Promo Art: http://orig02.deviantart.net/13a7/f/2015/248/f/b/what_is_with_me_and_drawing_moltoran__by_b_rex54321-d98j7i0.jpg

"Who're you?" The Trader asked in shock.
"Who am I? Who are you? You just bring your little box into my store, and expect me to tell you who I am first?" The Craftswoman replied snarkily.
"I'm the Trader," Vohon answered, "Now who're you?"
"Trader's an occupation, not a name,"
"Trader is my name, I'm the Trader, now, what's yours?" The Trader attempted to clarify, reaching out his hand to be shook.
"Kailani, craftswoman," she introduced herself briefly, "I'd normally assume that you'd want to sell the box, and suggest you take it elsewhere, but...well..."
"It's bigger on the inside?" Vohon attempted to find the words she couldn't.
"Yeah, that's it," She stated, "Why is that?"
The Trader gave a half-grin, "Would you care to find out?"
"I wouldn't've asked if I didn't," Kailani replied plainly.
"Then into darkness we venture," Vohon stated, trying to hide his excitement, randomly pressing buttons on the console.
"What do you mean by that?" She asked, slightly worried.
"It's fun, trust me," Vohon exclaimed, pulling the Demat and listening to the sound of the TARDIS whir as it traveled to whatever random location he'd inputted.

**Five hours later**

The two were running from some monster, they hopped back into the TARDIS, and Vohon attempted to make sense of the controls, all the while, the beast was banging at the door, "Is this what it's like every day for you?" Kailani asked, bewildered, "Simply put, yes," Vohon uttered before pulling the Demat lever once more. The banging stopped, and Vohon announced, "This is where the fun begins," before exiting the doors, holding a loudspeaker, "Simply put, tell your troops to stand down, or I will use this detonator to blow you to bits, this entire building has been packed full of explosives since before you got here," The Trader bluffed, hoping it would work.

The queen of those villains inquired, "What is to insure us that if we do back down, you will not destroy us anyway,?"
"I'm really not giving you much of a choice here," Vohon stated.
"Stand down," the queen begrudgingly stated.
"Good choice," Vohon stated. He walked down the stairs and said to the queen, "Now, now is when you leave, and never come back, and you spread the message to the stars, that they who come to this world with the intent to harm its people, will face a fate far worse than offered to you," he then smiled, "Got it?"
The queen hesitantly obeyed, and her troops left the world.

"Come along, Kailani," the Trader stated, heading back into the TARDIS once more, and eating the 'detonator', which was in fact simply a small pastry.

**elsewhere**

A Kualsi wearing Matoran was hiding, desparately hoping not to be noticed, when nearly all else on his home island had been destroyed, he was left, the forgotten chronicler of Kaita Nui. Edited by Petewa
  • Upvote 1

It's interesting to see this get going!

**Five hours later**

The two were running from some monster, they hopped back into the TARDIS, and Vohon attempted to make sense of the controls...

... heading back into the TARDIS once more, and eating the 'detonator', which was in fact simply a small pastry.

I like how Vohon still doesn't really know what he's doing with the time machine yet. I don't know much about Doctor Who, but I'm guessing that he starts to figure out how to use it safely. :P

• Upvote 2

It's interesting to see this get going!

**Five hours later**

The two were running from some monster, they hopped back into the TARDIS, and Vohon attempted to make sense of the controls...

... heading back into the TARDIS once more, and eating the 'detonator', which was in fact simply a small pastry.

I like how Vohon still doesn't really know what he's doing with the time machine yet. I don't know much about Doctor Who, but I'm guessing that he starts to figure out how to use it safely. :P

More or less.

• Upvote 1

The Trader was wearing one of those all-black burglar costumes, complete with a ski mask (which he had difficulty fitting over his bright yellow Kakama) He slowly, stealthily, snuck up one the guards...but, one of them spotted him.

"Thanks, Agni," the Trader continued sneaking in, unseen, unheard, he approached the Vahi, and out of his backpack, pulled an adaptive armor Kakama he'd bought off Bricklink. He slowly, carefully, replaced the Vahi with the Kakama, and ran off, thanking Agni once more.

"AGGGGGGGGGGNNNNNNNNNNNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!"

"Yes Turaga?"

"WHY. IS. THE. CROWNING. ACHIEVEMENT. OF. MY. LIFE. GONE?!"

"The Trader said he needed to borrow it."

"...Jaller, prepare Agni's tombstone for me."

Seriously though, excellent job.

• Upvote 1

"AGGGGGGGGGGNNNNNNNNNNNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!"

"Yes Turaga?"

"WHY. IS. THE. CROWNING. ACHIEVEMENT. OF. MY. LIFE. GONE?!"

"The Trader said he needed to borrow it."

"...Jaller, prepare Agni's tombstone for me."

Seriously though, excellent job.

Thanks, and to you as well.

• Upvote 1

Promo Art:

(Meh, give me a day)

The Forgotten Chronicler was hiding, hoping not to be found. He was breathing heavily. He heard footsteps. He looked around...begrudgingly. He took the mask off of the Toa Vahi, laying dead at his feet, and placed it atop his own, hoping to leave the place.

**Elsewhere**

Kailani woke up, stretched, put on her Ruru, and walked downstairs, she poured herself a bowl of cereal. No sooner did she finish her breakfast than did she hear a familiar, and exciting sound. The Trader opened his TARDIS doors, and was hanging awkwardly half-way out of them, he then said, with a smile on his face, "Come along," she smiled back and ran in the TARDIS, before asking where they'd go now. "Back," was The Trader's simple response, though confused she was, Kailaini went along with it.

When they rematerialized, they were in Metru Nui, but still under construction, Vohon introduced it as, "The Beginning," and offered to take her on a tour, she instead decided to look for what would eventually become her shop. So they parted ways for the time being, and decided to meet eachother back in an hour. Kailani found her shop with relative ease, but noticed that at the time, it wasn't a shop, it was a cozy, one story home, she entered through the unlocked door, nonetheless. She looked around, it was nice, albeit small. She soon left the place, unsure of how right it was to be in someone else's home. But as she left, she noticed a Ga-Matoran, similar to herself in appearance, albeit taller and shinier, entering the home, and laughed at herself. She decided to wander the city, waiting for the hour to end. At one point, Kailani walked past a restaurant's window, and saw The Trader, he looked like he was on a date with a Miru-wearing Ta-Matoran. She ignored this observation and went back to wandering.

At the end of the hour, they met back by the TARDIS, before deciding that there was definitely something wrong, due to the fact that there's always something wrong. So they sat around for the next three hours trying to figure out what it was, at which time, Vohon suddenly shouted, "HELRYX!!!"

"What?" Kailani questioned.

"Helryx, the first Toa, should've been there somewhere, that's what's wrong,"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

And so, the two ventured out of the TARDIS, once more, and, apon being greeted by Helryx, they realized that The Trader was wrong. They then walked back into the TARDIS, in an attempt to figure out what could be wrong that they could be missing. As they wondered, they heard the sound of Timelord technology, and suddenly, a Vahi-wearing Matoran fell on top of Vohon's head.

------------------------------------------------------

Can't help but feel this isn't long enough, so I'm gonna update it over the weekend as well.

• Upvote 1

It was funny to read about Kailani seeing herself at her own house! I think I might not be reading it right, though.  My limited knowledge of the post-Mata Nui storyline reminds me that the Metru Nui story takes place in the past, so she really could be seeing herself as a Metru Nui Matoran.  And if their memories were wiped after leaving that island, she really wouldn't remember her life there! :P Or was that really supposed to be someone else?

That seems to be a funny, uniquely Bionicle twist to time travel: they go back in time and can see themselves doing things they don't remember doing! :P

• Upvote 2

It was funny to read about Kailani seeing herself at her own house! I think I might not be reading it right, though.  My limited knowledge of the post-Mata Nui storyline reminds me that the Metru Nui story takes place in the past, so she really could be seeing herself as a Metru Nui Matoran.  And if their memories were wiped after leaving that island, she really wouldn't remember her life there! :P Or was that really supposed to be someone else?

That seems to be a funny, uniquely Bionicle twist to time travel: they go back in time and can see themselves doing things they don't remember doing! :P

Well, she's clever enough to realize that she had no memories before waking up on the beach, and there must've been something before that, seeing herself from the past confirmed her theory.

• Upvote 1

Promo Art:

(I'm getting lazy, aren't I?)

"Ow..." Vohon stated, pulling himself back up, and turning to look at the Matoran who'd fell on him, "This is starting to feel repetitive, who are you?"

"Geha," the newcomer stuttered, pulling the Vahi off from on top of his Kualsi, "And you are?"

"Kailani," the Ga-matoran stated, helping Geha up, "And this is the Trader," she introduced Vohon.

"Hello," Vohon greeted, awkwardly. Now that introductions were out of the way, shenanigans could begin.

"Where am I?" Geha asked.

"The TARDIS, a device which travels through all of time and space at my beck and call," the Trader answered, leaning on the console. The TARDIS responded by spitefully slamming her doors and sending herself and her contents to a supernova, "I'M SORRY, PLEASE FORGIVE ME!!!" Vohon shouted his apology at the TARDIS, the doors shut again, and they left once more, to an unknown destination.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seriously? this long a wait for such a short episode?

I'm sick and have writers block, so I'm holding a contest of sorts, anyone but me can decide how the episode ends, Allons-y.

• Upvote 1

They enter a dark and shadow filled room, where a tall black figure with glowing red eyes silhouetted against a glowing green computer screen is plotting to take over the universe.

"OOH... I TOLD ELIMINATOR TO LOCK THE DOOR WHEN HE LEFT..."

Edited by Toru Nui

• 2 weeks later...

Promo Art:

(Man, it takes a while for me to take pictures of these things)

The motley crew has just had a rather...absurd series of adventures...among which include having to fend off against an army of spineless Skakdi, and having to sit through a tea party with Teridax. Luckily, the TARDIS had laughed enough at the sight of her crew's mishaps that she would finally forgive Vohon, and actually take them somewhere helpful.

The TARDIS doors shut, once more, this time reopening to reveal a room, dark and empty. The crew stepped out into it, the TARDIS doors slammed shut, the TARDIS dematerialized, leaving an eerie feel in the room. A door slammed open, the light from the other side was blinding, when they could finally see again, they saw, that in the doorway, was a kitten.

"Well this was anticlimactic," Kailani complained. The kitten then grew giant fangs and chased the crew out of the room.

"DON'T YOU EVER COMPLAIN AGAIN!" the Trader yeeled at Kailani, trying to duck the kitten's giant, terrible claws as they swiped at him. Eventually, the crew made it to relative safety behind a locked door. After catching his breath, Vohon realized Geha wasn't with them, and sighed, "Seriously Petewa? This is supposed to be a comedy," he muttered under his breath.

Elsewhere:

Geha had hidden from the kitten through a different door than the Trader and Kailani had. He wasn't alone in this room, that much was obvious, there was someone else in the room, sitting in a chair, facing towards the window. "Hello?" he asked the window person. No response. A kitten then jumped out of the chair, "Great Scott,"

Back with elsewhere somewhere else:

Vohon had left the "safety" of the room, there was another kitten, he was now being chased through the hallway by three. While he was distracted, Kailani noticed an open door, facing towards the wall opposite of the door, there was a chair, on said wall, there were hundreds of computer screens, in said chair, there was a Matoran pushing buttons, controlling the kittens. Kailani unplugged the computer. The danger was no more. She opened a window, the computer Matoran hissed, she threw him out the window, he tried to get back inside.

Later:

"Well, the world is safe from a kitty apocalypse," The Trader stated, matter of factly, "I think we've done our job here,"

He, Kailani, and Geha then walked back into the TARDIS again. The doors slammed shut behind them.

• Upvote 1

The motley crew has just had a rather...absurd series of adventures...among which include having to fend off against an army of spineless Skakdi, and having to sit through a tea party with Teridax.

"ANITDERMIS TEA, MY GOOD FELLOW. NOW I CAN USE THE ANTIDERMIS THOUGHT STREAM TO OBSERVE THEIR ADVENTURES THROUGH TIME AND SPACE!... IS THAT A GIANT KITTEN?"

• Upvote 1

Thanks for somehow knowing I love Back to the Future :P (Such a great friend right?)

Also, what happened to the little puffballs (kitties)? Can I keep one if they are not going to claw my face off?

Well...you can keep one...but it will still claw your face off anyways.

Little does he know... I'm the kitty master! All kitties obey me!

• Upvote 2

72197956-EB80-4CAF-BB5C-D0D318A40095.jpeg.06500b6004773171b423d2a9714c6833.jpeg

In loving memory of our hero

• 3 weeks later...

**Five hours later**

The two were running from some monster, they hopped back into the TARDIS, and Vohon attempted to make sense of the controls, all the while, the beast was banging at the door, "Is this what it's like every day for you?" Kailani asked, bewildered, "Simply put, yes," Vohon uttered before pulling the Demat lever once more. The banging stopped, and Vohon announced, "This is where the fun begins," before exiting the doors, holding a loudspeaker, "Simply put, tell your troops to stand down, or I will use this detonator to blow you to bits, this entire building has been packed full of explosives since before you got here," The Trader bluffed, hoping it would work.

The queen of those villains inquired, "What is to insure us that if we do back down, you will not destroy us anyway,?"

"Good choice," Vohon stated. He walked down the stairs and said to the queen, "Now, now is when you leave, and never come back, and you spread the message to the stars, that they who come to this world with the intent to harm its people, will face a fate far worse than offered to you," he then smiled, "Got it?"

"Come along, Kailani," the Trader stated, heading back into the TARDIS once more, and eating the 'detonator', which was in fact simply a small pastry.

Wait: let me guess, a Hero Factory: Invasion from Below reference? Edited by Xboxtravis
  • Upvote 1

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!

**Five hours later**

Wait: let me guess, a Hero Factory: Invasion from Below reference?

Nope, a Doctor Who reference.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

So, what happened to updating this every Thursday?

I realized I was taking three honours classes simultaneously, don't worry, I'll try to get back on schedule with this soon.

And there will be a Thursday update this week.

Believe me, keeping a steady update flow is hard. Especially daily. *cough* Bionicle 2001 Abridged *cough*

THIS EPISOTE'S SPECIAL!

(it has intro duck chin)

Kailani was celebrating with the rest of the Ga-Matoran in the (recently rebuilt) Great Temple. Vohon didn't feel like bothering Geha this time around, and so, rather, he picked up his old friend Agni, because he saw no viable reason not to. The Miru wearing Ta-Matoran was picked up just outside the coliseum, it had looked like the Turaga was yelling at him, Vohon decided for him that he'd much rather be time traveling than being ridiculed. Agni was, as can be expected, taken aback at the sight of his Kakama wearing comrade piloting some strange hexahedral console that appeared to be placed in the center of a near entirely black and white room. He was also confused as to how he’d wound up in said black and white room.

"I'll explain everything, but first, pick a random nine digit number, and location," Vohon blurted.

"What?" Agni asked, and with good reason to do so.

"Oh, you're boring, I'll just slam my fingers into the controls and see where we end up," as he said so, he began to do so.

"What!?!" The Tardis then shook, as if its center of gravity was suddenly offset towards the door, Agni slipped, and bonkled the back of his head against a round thing whilst Vohon took hold of the some handles conveniently placed on the side of the console controls in order to prevent himself from sustaining head damage.

"Ow," Agni muttered.

"Oh, quit whining, this is the fun part," Vohon said, making his way towards the doors, and swinging them open, "Care to see where we've wound up?" Agni stood up, rubbing his head, and walked out of the TARDIS doors, muttering, "Fine,"

Just then, the last thing you'd expect happened, THE SPANISH INQUISITION! Oh, and I finished the episode only two days late, it's a two-parter.

3600371.jpg

You're supposed to be an occasional GS, meaning you're not supposed to show up every episode.

Kinda like River, except not a love interest. And plus, I kind of noticed that Agni has gotten a lot of attention as a character ever since his cameo at the start of this, so I figured why not give him a bit more than a cameo faster than planned?

• 1 month later...