I saw a topic about Skrall and reproduction recently and that led me to wonder:If Matoran can't reproduce very easily, aren't they prone to extinction? I mean, they were all created around the same time, so won't they all die at the same time? Unless more are being created, the Matoran will go extinct.

1) Matoran live a very long time, so they don't have to worry about constantly reproducing like Earth creatures do.2) Matoran are "built" and do not reproduce biologically. Some powerful, or at least Great, Being ;) could probably build more matoran if the need were to arise.-don't touch my pocket protector

Three great comedies at one low, low price....NOTHING!

Three late-middle age matoran think of something they want to do before they kick the bucket.

Choose Your Own Bionicle Adventure (archived)

Navigate your way through a myriad of meaningless choices as you try to not make a fool of yourself in perhaps the only comedy ever written almost entirely in spoiler tags.

Useless BZP Junk that you Must Have!!!

Get to your phone, whip out your credit card, and prepare to buy some useless BZPower related junk that has no benefit on society except that you want it!!!

joehalobanner.jpg

Remember, it was once said that the Turaga of Metru Nui/Mata Nui could create more Matoran using the materials found on Metru Nui. So if they needed more Matoran, they can still create them.They don't look like they are facing extinction at the moment, though.

jlovfkk.jpg

I believe Artahka makes new Matoran, as he is still alive the matoran could live on. Seemed like a bit of a rash decision by Teridax to try and have him killed though, as the Mata Nui robot would eventually need new ones to continue running.

Then again, the MU robot is no more, so I guess the turaga would have to rely on the material used to make new matoran.

A Toa eh? What kind of Toa am I?

Ever wanted to read a manga styled retelling of the early years of Bionicle? Here ya go!

http://www.bzpower.c...?showtopic=1384

I believe Artahka makes new Matoran, as he is still alive the matoran could live on. Seemed like a bit of a rash decision by Teridax to try and have him killed though, as the Mata Nui robot would eventually need new ones to continue running.

Then again, the MU robot is no more, so I guess the turaga would have to rely on the material used to make new matoran.
If the MU robot is no more, aren't Matoran not needed anymore then? So if Matoran weren't needed outside the MU, wouldn't materials needed to make more Matoran be really hard to find?

(disclaimer: none of this banner art is original, I just smooshed it together in gimp. Torchic, Matau)
ThosePeskyFirespitters.png.3dbdb65e6a28cbbc5957d81c09a685b6.png
Those pesky firespitters... 
Library | The Sculptors and the Smelters | The Ternion Review Topic 

If the MU robot is no more, aren't Matoran not needed anymore then? So if Matoran weren't needed outside the MU, wouldn't materials needed to make more Matoran be really hard to find?
The Matoran are no longer needed, but since they gained sentience, it would be cruel to just kill them off.

Well, equipment or not, we still don't know exactly how long it would take to make a Matoran, so there might be a period of time where they're still trying to make new Matoran, but it's taking so long that they might go into extinction before another is made. This is, of course, assuming numerous factors, and is far from a solid theory.

"Whether that is right or not...I also...as a Rider...have a wish that I want to fulfill."

Well, I'd say they'd be able to make new Matoran with the machines they've been using all these years. They could probably move the equipment out of the MU and wheel it to a Matoran factory on Spherus Magna or something, if need be.

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

I'm pretty sure that the Matoran may have really, really long life-spans, probably so they could still work if Mata Nui got sidetracked, which means unless there's some sort of apocalypse, they'd probably survive as a species much longer than natural organisms. If they die, I'm pretty sure they can make more. I think of them as red blood cells, with whatever that is making them as the marrow.

Err, I'm betting that the Great Beings could probably make some more matoran if the need arose.-don't touch my pocket protector

Three great comedies at one low, low price....NOTHING!

Three late-middle age matoran think of something they want to do before they kick the bucket.

Choose Your Own Bionicle Adventure (archived)

Navigate your way through a myriad of meaningless choices as you try to not make a fool of yourself in perhaps the only comedy ever written almost entirely in spoiler tags.

Useless BZP Junk that you Must Have!!!

Get to your phone, whip out your credit card, and prepare to buy some useless BZPower related junk that has no benefit on society except that you want it!!!

joehalobanner.jpg

What, nobody remembers the Matoran Factories scattered throughout Metru Nui? :PIn all seriousness, I'm pretty sure Turaga are able to create more Matoran. Don't remember where I heard this, though.:mirunu: Lewa0111 Nuva :mirunu:

My Script Comedies: | The Nuva Inn Remake | Ask Matau! Remake (ACCEPTING QUESTIONS!) |

My Prose Comedies: | The BZ-Nui Hack Wars | Mata Nova |

ANNOUNCEMENT: The Nuva Inn is BACK IN BUSINESS!! (See my blog for more info on my writing projects)

ANNOUNCEMENT 2: Looking for voice actors and artists/animators for an upcoming video project! PM me if interested!

Perhaps there are some Matoran who know how to make Matoran Factories or whatever they're called. Not necessarily on Metru Nui; in fact, perhaps the Nyrnah Ghosts have some knowledge on the matter.

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

No, Artahka sucks at making living things, remember? His first and last try was the crystal serpents.

aouROFb.png

Err, I'm betting that the Great Beings could probably make some more matoran if the need arose.-don't touch my pocket protector

But why would they want to? Mata Nui's body's purpose was fulfilled.
Angonce seems like a decent bloke. He'd probably whip up a few more Matoran if he felt the need arose.