Pieces you want to see come back or get molded

Naota Takizawa

Lego has plenty of pieces to build with, whether they be involved with the classic bricks, minifigures or even technic pieces, but there are often pieces that some of us would love to see be produced or even brought back. I personally want to see this piece get put back into production, it's very useful and it's a shame its moulds got scrapped. 

What pieces, colors or prints do you want to see get created? 

• Upvote 1

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

Lego has plenty of pieces to build with, whether they be involved with the classic bricks, minifigures or even technic pieces, but there are often pieces that some of us would love to see be produced or even brought back. I personally want to see this piece get put back into production, it's very useful and it's a shame its moulds got scrapped. 

I wish that piece was on LDD.

Kopaka.png

stone_good.png

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Lego could probably design a better, cheaper version of that part these days, considering it was designed for a similar purpose to the Friction Extender, rubber inserts and all. Now that the friction extender exists as a separate piece, the connection points of that older piece are the only things left without a counterpart. Of course, your mileage may vary on whether the connection points alone merit such a piece in the first place—most sets that used that piece attached parts to the axle holes on the sides to "lock" the legs together anyway, meaning that a traditional Y-joint would work similarly in many applications.

I don't know what sorts of parts I'd really like to see back. Maybe one of the Bohrok shields—there are remarkably few similar parts with a 5M diameter. But that comes with the caveat that we probably wouldn't need more than one of them, and definitely not twelve.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

If more of those were made. Custom CCBS bones would be so much easier.

Funny you should create this topic. Just late last night I brought up on my profile comments about a piece I want to see come back/wondering why lego never used it except once.

4610708.jpg

I mean it has such potential, but it was only ever used on Drilldozer back in 2011.

• Upvote 4

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I would like to see this come back.

although this piece hasn't really been used much

• Upvote 1

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

I would love to see the '01 gears again, the yellow G2 propellers leave a bit to be desired.

They're still in production, actually, just not used in Bionicle anymore. Although they are color-locked to black now IIRC.

Not sure that's the case - I thought I saw some in my Cloud Cuckoo Land set in gray or tan.

Funny you should create this topic. Just late last night I brought up on my profile comments about a piece I want to see come back/wondering why lego never used it except once.

4610708.jpg

I mean it has such potential, but it was only ever used on Drilldozer back in 2011.

As someone who thought the same thing when that part came out and proceeded to order a bunch of them... it's not as useful as it seems. That part may be unique and offer a lot of connection points for shell details, but conversely it uses up two of the ball joints on larger torsos and covers up a large number of the Technic axle holes as well. Because of that, it's not nearly as versatile as smaller shells or torso shells that attach from only one side. And I can't see it getting a lot of use in the future thanks to its incompatibility with the new Bionicle gearbox.

I would love to see the '01 gears again, the yellow G2 propellers leave a bit to be desired.

They're still in production, actually, just not used in Bionicle anymore. Although they are color-locked to black now IIRC.

Assuming you mean the double crown gears... they're still in use even in Bionicle! The small ones are used on every one of the Protectors as the part you turn to activate their launchers. That said, they are indeed color locked to black now.

Not sure that's the case - I thought I saw some in my Cloud Cuckoo Land set in gray or tan.

The mid-size double crown gears (like those used on the Toa Mata's backs) are currently color locked to tan.

Personally, I'm a fan of the knob gears. They're easier to align if you need to do so, and provide a great grip—I'm even a fan of the yellow ones for the Toa's backs, since they add a nice splash of color and help to highlight the Toa's functionality. Also, the new gearboxes were designed with them in mind, so double crown gears wouldn't even fit—you'd need a new gearbox design to accommodate them.

Edited by Lyichir

Assuming you mean the double crown gears... they're still in use even in Bionicle! The small ones are used on every one of the Protectors as the part you turn to activate their launchers. That said, they are indeed color locked to black now.

Oh man, I can't believe I'd forgotten that, considering I had two protectors sitting next to me as I typed that. I guess I meant to say they're not used on the Toa anymore... Serious brainfart there.

The mid-size double crown gears (like those used on the Toa Mata's backs) are currently color locked to tan.

Are you sure you aren't thinking of the single-bevel gears? I'm pretty sure 32269s were in black as well, and bricklink seems to list them as coming in both black and tan as of this year... Odd.

Are you sure you aren't thinking of the single-bevel gears? I'm pretty sure 32269s were in black as well, and bricklink seems to list them as coming in both black and tan as of this year... Odd.

Huh. My bad. They have come in black as recently as this year (though technically 32269 was replaced with the similar 18575 a few years back). So that size of gear isn't color locked, at the very least.

I want more Rahaga feet.

Eh, those bohrok feet looked good, but I'm sure they would clash too much with the CCBS.

I want old Bionicle launchers to come back.

I'd rather not have old bionicle launchers, the six stud shooter is perfect, it works with technic and the stud connection means we can come up with customized ammo pieces.

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

I find it annoying that modern antenna pieces have flat ends. What was wrong with the older ones?

You mean these?

There's a lot of reasons the new ones are better. Most significantly, the new ones with the flat ends can attach into open studs on parts like minifigure heads, jumper plates, Mixel joints, and a wide variety of other parts, which is a huge advantage over the old variety.

I'd like to see some weapons come back such as the Chronicler Staff, Staff of Light piece, Lewa Nuva's katana, Mahritoran blades and Hewkii Mahri's shoulder blades. Maybe some more Rahkshi staff pieces like we've seen on Pohatu G2 and Kopaka G2

Yes, they were common as muck in Bionicle G1, but uses as weapons on smaller sets or as secondary weapons/armour pieces would make the new sets look like G1 sets whilst keeping the sets in the CCBS system.

However, I am mostly for recolours, and the throwback pieces are a nice bonus.

index.jpg

Twitter: @enkindle_this

I find it annoying that modern antenna pieces have flat ends. What was wrong with the older ones?

You mean these?

There's a lot of reasons the new ones are better. Most significantly, the new ones with the flat ends can attach into open studs on parts like minifigure heads, jumper plates, Mixel joints, and a wide variety of other parts, which is a huge advantage over the old variety.

Fair point. 

I think the round ended ones are still made actually, the clear one in the Skull grinder set has a round end. 

You mean these?

Fair point. 

I think the round ended ones are still made actually, the clear one in the Skull grinder set has a round end.

Yeah. But that really only applies to the transparent (polycarbonate) variety, which have not yet had their mold replaced. I assume when the time comes to do so they too will be changed to have a flat end.