Late to the Party Review Topic

fishers64

20239449326_f2c092dbf8_c.jpg

The Story

If you have an review, go post it. You don't have to read all of my senseless rambling.

FIIIIINAAAAALLLLLYYYYY!!!!!

:P

Welcome, at long last, to my new...epic. I've already done enough whining over the fact that it is an...epic, so trust me, your criticism on that matter cannot match the amount of self-criticism I have already inflicted. For three. Whole. Years. (You have permission to laugh - I think it is funny too.)

It turns out that I was attached to a particular character who was not a comedic character at all for this particular story, and writing a comedy without comedic characters, especially using the Arena Method (I still be doing experiments with that for fun and stuff.) is an enterprise destined for failure. However, my failure in these matters is rather graceful, as I have allowed the character to shine and dictate the lack of comedic-ness rather than trying to force something.

In truth, this epic jumps all over the emotional spectrum, from hilarious to Voltexian levels of dark. But that doesn't make it a bad story - it just makes me bad at predicting the future.

So here it is. Hope you all enjoy. :)

---------------------------------------------------

This epic has about 36 chapters, plus a short epilogue. Each chapter has approximately 1000 words apiece - some chapters are longer, some shorter, but around there. The epic is entirely pre-written as two of my previous epics are, and as such will be posted weekly, on Thursdays. Every effort will be made to post things ON TIME as I hate when things are not posted ON TIME and don't happen ON TIME. (Hey, I can hold myself to my own standards.  :P)

In the event of a forum crash, chapters will be reposted on the hour, and all interested parties will be informed. And you should go back up your stuff right now because both times I posted a lengthy epic on the forum the forum crashed. I guarantee it will happen again.

I may accelerate to a bi-weekly schedule as the epic nears its end and I have more time in which to do so.

And without further further ado, go complain about my bad writing or whatever else you wanted to say already. Comments, criticism, and everything else welcome!

Other than your skittish writing style, you've done a great job so far. :D Keep it up!

Skittish?

skittish

[skit-ish]

adjective

1.apt to start or shy:

a skittish horse.

2.restlessly or excessively lively:

a skittish mood.

3.fickle; uncertain.

4.shy; coy

Definition #3? 

...What? nobody has the definition of skittish anymore?

Alright, imam rephrase it: quick, jittery, and into the action immediately, which makes me think you'll write fight scenes very well.

You'll have to decide that one for yourself, methinks. No one has commented on my fight scenes one way or the other...but that's because for some reason I don't write a lot of them. 

Chapter 4 is up. :shrugs:

Writing a quieter chapter always makes me edgy, but in this case it had to be done.

I'm uh a little confused about the "Part 125" bit. Does it relate to anything in the story or is it something outside of it? Also:

using the Arena Method (I still be doing experiments with that for fun and stuff.)

I'm a little bit interested in this arena method. Think you could explain it?

Part 125 is a joke. I counted up the number of official story sources for Bionicle G1, and they added up to 124. So this is what happens after that, so...

Yarr.

The Arena Method is this. Basically, it's the idea that you define the setting, characters, and the "rules" (i.e. main protagonist, antagonist, mysteries, and POVs) and let the story write itself without controlling the ending, using the rules of logic as a guide for what happens next.

Personally I have as of yet found this method difficult to adopt and use. It does produce high quality work, but it has been time-consuming to use for the first several go-rounds. Your mileage may vary.

----------------------------------------------------

Chapter 6 is up. 

Basically a bunch of character stuff before we get to Chapter 7. I might post that one early, since I'm not so busy right now.

Edited by fishers64

• 4 weeks later...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Nope, nope, not happening, a thousand times no. If anyone parodies chapters 28-31, it will make me sick to my stomach. Please, don't do this to me. I will do your math homework for a week. Just don't do it. 

Nope, nope, not happening, a thousand times no. If anyone parodies chapters 28-31, it will make me sick to my stomach. Please, don't do this to me. I will do your math homework for a week. Just don't do it. 

:C But i liek mah hoamwurk

Too bad. There are some things that are just not meant to be parodied. 

:C

:C

After giving this some thought, I have changed my mind on this. You may proceed. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lack of interest is an allowable excuse. I provided you with an opportunity to do a comedy, not held you to a whip and yelled "YOU MUST MAKE COMEDY!!!" in your face. 

The only person I do that to is myself. 

Not lack of interest, more of a "Is too lazy and only too late realizes he is swamped".

Here's Chapter 17....late... :(

Posting may be late over the holidays. When I get back from all that vacationing and other entanglements, I'm going to post this one a chapter a day to finish it out. It's clear that very few people actually want to read this one, so I'm done messing around - time to move on to Extrenix.

• 4 weeks later...

Is it just me, or are these chapters getting posted at least as fast as I can manage to read them? Loving every bit so far.

They are being posted daily, because I thought nobody was reading them and I want to see this finished. 

Glad that someone is actually enjoying this one, though. :)