Tremor - An in-progress Slizers Fanfiction: Review

Logan McOwen

Review topic for Tremor - An in-progress Slizers Fanfiction.

Ah, Slizers. One of Bionicle's two predecessors from the late 90s. A gaggle of diminutive, poseable robots who could throw disks and combine with each-other, on a world separated into 8 elementally themed factions. Certainly an interesting line, but sadly very short lived - two waves of toys, and it was gone. One other sad fact is that not much is known of the Slizers story. Many older fans have theorised as to the true story, and I'm sure countless kids have figured out their own stories for their Throwbots to engage in... But otherwise, the presence of story material for Slizers is indubitably scant. 

Now, I'm a quite the fan of the Slizers in regards to their design and concept, and have always wondered what a fully fledged Slizers story could look like. I always liked the idea that the Slizers were planted on the planet in an act of experimental panspermia, and the asteroid that came later on was simply a freak of nature that corrupted said scientific endeavour. So, I wanted to tell that story, but from a 1st person perspective. And this is where Tremor comes in.

14806232379_4102dba61a_c.jpg

This humble little 'bot was to be the main focus of an adventure on the world of Slizeron, meeting 'bots both familiar and fresh, trying to discover his identity and place on this new, mysterious world, after crash-landing in a most unfortunate manner. I began writing Tremor's story a couple of years ago on my phone, only to leave it abandoned for quite some time. Eventually, I transferred it to my computer, and it now sits in my Google Drive. Since then, I have added two short chapters, and I intend to in future add more.

If you've read Tremor and would like to leave some feedback, this is the place to do so! Critique is most certainly welcome.

Main story thread can be found here.

Edited by Logan McOwen

• 2 weeks later...