Minifig Scale 3D Printable Tahu Mata!

Kaihanga777

Well, at long last, I have complete my first of my Minifig scale Bionicle 3D printables... Ladies and Gents, I present Tahu Mata, Toa of Fire, now in Minifig form!

Torso, head, and mask:

https://www.shapeways.com/product/EB5YXJPG7/mata-test-body?li=shop-results&optionId=57755364

Legs and arms:

https://www.shapeways.com/product/Q388HA7JW/mata-legs-and-arms-2?li=more-from-shop&optionId=57768436

(Note: These are currently hidden by the way they are to be printed, but I don't know how to upload a picture directly to BZP. Help?)

I will soon add his sword as well, so if you are interested in ordering please wait a day or two. Thank you!

Edited by Kaihanga777
  • Upvote 4

I like the stylish shape you've given Tahu in his mask and body, but I can't say I understand the arms/legs photo, it looks like a weird matrix of mesh to me. Am I just unable to understand the angle, or is there an issue with the photo?

he's placed the arms and legs inside a sintershell which I guess is to lower the cost of printing....somehow.

"I could have been a Protector but then I took a stud to the feet."

I've been hoping that the BIONICLE sets might head this direction at some point in the future, so thanks for giving us a taste of what "Bio-figs" might look like. I like the way you've got the mask attaching to the head via that small pin hole. It really keeps the "mask feel," as opposed to if you had simply used a helmet-type piece instead. It's cool that you also went the extra mile in designing a fully custom body and limbs. I usually imagine minifig-scale Toa just re-using the "Hero-fig" bodies, but I like what you've designed here.

Any chance we will be seeing the other Toa in minifig scale?

• 3 weeks later...