Most unintelligent BIONICLE character?

That living mountain on Xia.

Yeah, it failed to eat Roodaka when it had the chance.

I think thats was to show how much of a she was because she sacrificed her friend to the mountain for political power. But on a larger scale the whole Vortixx race for making people climb a lethal omnicidal mountain for political influence, when there is only a limited population that can only decrease and the red star just isn't working any more, so any death is effectively perma-death.

That living mountain on Xia.

Yeah, it failed to eat Roodaka when it had the chance.

I think thats was to show how much of a ###### she was because she sacrificed her friend to the mountain for political power. But on a larger scale the whole Vortixx race for making people climb a lethal omnicidal mountain for political influence, when there is only a limited population that can only decrease and the red star just isn't working any more, so any death is effectively perma-death.

I'm pretty sure there were machines to make new people. Not sure why the Vortixx wouldn't have any.

I don't remember any mention of machines that made new people, although I know Artakha can make Matoran if given the right resources by the Great Beings. The Red Star was supposed to keep the population stable by ensuring nobody dies, so that counters that idea.

In fact, this does lead to the point that the Great Beings were possibly the most foolish creators in any setting, with their plan to fix a broken planet being a giant robot that would take 100000 years, was inhabited only my mechanical races that had no way to repopulate themselves and having the most laborious emergency reboot system imaginable encase the central intelligence got broken.

• Upvote 4

I don't remember any mention of machines that made new people, although I know Artakha can make Matoran if given the right resources by the Great Beings. The Red Star was supposed to keep the population stable by ensuring nobody dies, so that counters that idea.

In fact, this does lead to the point that the Great Beings were possibly the most foolish creators in any setting, with their plan to fix a broken planet being a giant robot that would take 100000 years, was inhabited only my mechanical races that had no way to repopulate themselves and having the most laborious emergency reboot system imaginable encase the central intelligence got broken.

The Matoran reproduce via factories.

Here's the absolute truth in my opinion: The Great Beings were the most unintelligent. They were caught up in their experiments that they were unaware of the world around them until it's too late. However, if they weren't like that, the original G1 story wouldn't exist.

-Tomdroidser

Featuring: Arkham Firefly/The LEGO Movie Quiz

Now Entering: The Rise of DarkSaber
Two personal thanks to Black Six for Proto Boost.
(Expired) Topics: HF MOC BBC #69 Entry: Jaller Inika Rebuilt 

There is no such thing as perfection, except in being yourself.kanohi_avkama.gif

Here's the absolute truth in my opinion: The Great Beings were the most unintelligent. They were caught up in their experiments that they were unaware of the world around them until it's too late. However, if they weren't like that, the original G1 story wouldn't exist.

-Tomdroidser

The Great Beings were dangerous know-it-alls, and the stuff they were messing with was even worse.

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

Why is it so fashionable to hate on the Great Beings?

This thread is asking who the most unintelligent character is, not which highly intelligent characters made really clever things which themselves did something silly of their own accord. ;)

It's a bit unfair to blame some people for running a planet badly when they didn't even want to run a planet. Either the fault lies with the Element Lords for starting the Core War, or it lies with the general Spherus Magna population for being so poor at self-governance that they had to force a bunch of uninterested scientists to do it. :P

:v: :m_o: :t: :u: :k: :m_o:

Dirt? Air? Airweed? Gadunka?

Well if the subject is about sentients, then I think Krekka and Reidak take the cake (not sure about Carapar).

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Well if the subject is about sentients, then I think Krekka and Reidak take the cake (not sure about Carapar).

The problem with your Reidak theory is that the Shadowed One flat out stated that Reidak is actually quite intelligent.

My friend went to Po-Wahi and all I got was this lousy rock.

logowithbackgrounnd100.png

Blue sea...a Ruki leaps...the sound of water

The problem with your Reidak theory is that the Shadowed One flat out stated that Reidak is actually quite intelligent.

It's been a while since I've read a Bionicle book dude. :lol:  I was just going off of memory (which apparently is hazy).

Is it possible that he was being sarcastic?

Edited by Iaredios Paerkenon

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

It's been a while since I've read a Bionicle book dude. :lol:  I was just going off of memory (which apparently is hazy).

No, Reidak was actually quite capable. Not as sharp as Zaktan or Thok, for sure, but still far better than Krekka.

On the subject of Carapar, he used to be far more intelligent, but after years of being hypnotized by Takadox, his psyche deteriorated a bit, leaving him just a bit slower than he once was. I wouldn't necessarily say he was unintelligent, all things considered. 

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

No, Reidak was actually quite capable. Not as sharp as Zaktan or Thok, for sure, but still far better than Krekka.

On the subject of Carapar, he used to be far more intelligent, but after years of being hypnotized by Takadox, his psyche deteriorated a bit, leaving him just a bit slower than he once was. I wouldn't necessarily say he was unintelligent, all things considered. 

I knew about Carapar, just not how slow he became prior to his demise. Thanks for the clarification.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Us, the answer is all of us, we're the fools.

Every last one of us, but admitting it is the first step in becoming a fool no longer.

-Tomdroidser

The Great Beings were dangerous know-it-alls, and the stuff they were messing with was even worse.

Hey! like, The Thre.. "covers mouth"  Nope! Not gonna say it!!

No but seriously, they HAD to be dumb frankly, it's almost like some high entity gave them great power, and they just abused it!

What if?   ;)

Edited by Toa Imrukii

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

Although, Greg said somewhere in his LEGO Message Boards topic that Carapar was basically "dumb muscle" and that's the main reason he decided to kill him off, rather than the other characters present, who Greg thought were more interesting.

My friend went to Po-Wahi and all I got was this lousy rock.

logowithbackgrounnd100.png

Blue sea...a Ruki leaps...the sound of water

Although, Greg said somewhere in his LEGO Message Boards topic that Carapar was basically "dumb muscle" and that's the main reason he decided to kill him off, rather than the other characters present, who Greg thought were more interesting.

"Dumb" as compared to the scholar Brutaka; the criminal genius Roodaka; the brilliant, yet insane, Spiriah; and the cunning, manipulative Takadox, whose powers had rotted Carapar's brain over the years.

Basically, Carapar had been hypnotized so much, so often, that he had had very few opportunities to do much thinking for himself. That disuse caused him to lose his edge. Separate him from Takadox for long enough, and he would have reverted back to normal, in theory. However, Greg decided to kill him off before that could happen.

• Upvote 2

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Ignoring the fact that he could've become smarter again, doesn't that make Carapar (as he was just as he died) more or less one of the most unintelligent characters in the MU? I don't think anyone really proved themselves to be as dumb as he became - after his thousand years of being stared at by Takadox, I mean. He didn't seem all that smart compared to most of the other Barraki when they were fighting the Mahri.

Edited by The Editor

wake_up_sheeple.png

Homestly i feel carapar is less flat-out "dumb muscle" and more of "muscle that has been hypnotically puppeted so many itmes for so long, his grip on his own mind has laxed a bit"

and tbh, i still feel his death was unjustified, as Carapar had done nothing to make the death hold any meaning in the context it was given.

as much as i love Takadox, his death really would have had more weight on that part of the story than Carapar's.

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

I'm on mobile and can't really quote stuff, but... @T1 Shadow, saying that he was intelligent and could be intelligent again doesn't rule out how unintelligent he became and stayed for most of the story we witnessed. It's like saying professor X in the X-men films didn't count as a paraplegic because he wasn't one at first, and because he hypothetically could have gotten the use of his legs back.

Also, in retrospect? I suppose he wasn't as dumb as Krekka was. At least Carapar didn't forget about his own capabilities.

Edited by The Editor

wake_up_sheeple.png

The question was how have you not heard of him, not "have you not heard of him"

He's so hardcore he doesn't need a Kanohi. AND he uses the limbs of others as his torso.

He's so hardcore that he isn't even a matoran! He's a midget great being!

• Upvote 1

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

The question was how have you not heard of him, not "have you not heard of him"

He's so hardcore he doesn't need a Kanohi. AND he uses the limbs of others as his torso.

He's so hardcore that he isn't even a matoran! He's a midget great being!

He's so hardcore he killed a Rahkshi for its staff..then only took one end for himself!

• Upvote 1

OqAhaVh.gif   qIprtVB.png     

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  
special thx to Inary the Gunhaver for my new username. 

• 2 weeks later...