A young Artakha ready for battle

Foolery

I tried to follow Greg's description, but it wasn't working so I did this instead - mostly inspired by the Mask of Creation itself. This is my first MOC since Bionicle's return, and it was fun trying to fuse multiple building systems and still have a coherent outcome. 

It's a fairly straight-forward build, formed around a shadow matoran torso - which I always felt had wasted potential.

Feedback welcome, if you want a closer look at anything let me know and I can take some more pictures.

• Upvote 3

untitled-1hot.png

If you think about it, one of the major themes of BIONICLE is people being mistaken. The Great Beings; the Turaga; all of the inhabitants of the MU who don't realize they are inside a robot; the list is endless. The whole story is about beings who don't know what they really are and have woven a complex myth-based culture in place of the truth. That was one of the things that always appealed to me about the story -- the idea that when there is an information void, intelligent beings naturally rush to fill it with whatever they HOPE is the truth.

-GregF

My one major gripe with this MOC is that Artakha wore gray-green armor, not gold.

Besides that, I think it's an alright MOC, though I don't really think that giant claw fits too well.

Fair. My head-canon for the colour plot-wise is that the grey-green was a product of age - I know other old characters haven't changed like that, but the Great Beings could have made him out of different stuff (like real metal for his armour or some proto-protodermis), he might not wash and be covered in moss and dust, or he might just have changed his armour in the span of 100,000 years. TBH I just couldn't stand to make him grey, the Phantoka ruined me, and neither green nor grey work that well with the gold of the mask IMO. With the claws I was going for a kinda stylised look, but if that doesn't work for you then that's fine - ideally he would have had Hydraxon claws in gold, but I don't have the pieces for that. Thanks  ^_^

untitled-1hot.png

If you think about it, one of the major themes of BIONICLE is people being mistaken. The Great Beings; the Turaga; all of the inhabitants of the MU who don't realize they are inside a robot; the list is endless. The whole story is about beings who don't know what they really are and have woven a complex myth-based culture in place of the truth. That was one of the things that always appealed to me about the story -- the idea that when there is an information void, intelligent beings naturally rush to fill it with whatever they HOPE is the truth.

-GregF