What are you Most Looking Forward Too in Bionicle in 2016?

Toa o Uria

The Toa meeting Makuta

The Toa defeating Makuta

The Toa learning that defeating Makuta actually gave him control over all of Okoto and also got Ekimu banished to an island far, far away, where Toa do not exist and the land is nothing but a barren wasteland.

Cue Bionicle 2017.

• Upvote 4

Does the high quality version of the teased poster count as a leak or...?

I didn't see any confidentiality markings... buuut I also don't know the source. :P

I guess what I'm looking forward to most is the new Phoenix Tahu, he looks pretty sweet, especially that one odd color in his color scheme. That color really pops. 

• 2 weeks later...

An actual story worth paying attention to would be nice. I figure the Netflix series is a good step in that direction, and I hope they have the budget for more than a single voice actor this time around.

Real talk, the Mask of Control is gonna be a great piece to own and I'll proudly put it next to the Mask of Creation. Here's hoping it comes with a similar stand, for the sake of symmetry. 

• Upvote 1

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

I am excited for new Toa!

Also, I believe this image is not a leak:

And it tells that we will have new masks, armor, and weapons for next year!

EDIT: I forgot to mention that this poster is in the background of a LEGO video on Facebook, so I'm pretty sure it is not a leak.

Edit: It's a bit ambiguous, since the high-res version of the poster did not come from the official video - so playing it safe for now.

-Wind-

Edited by -Windrider-

• 2 weeks later...

•the other toa teams or just not the SAME TEAM EVERY WAVE (hero factory's mistake)

•Takanuva

•UM MAKUTA PLEASE THANK YOU

•A building system NOT RECYCLED FOR FOUR WAVES (hero factory again)

•Different color masks , like with the mata and nuva mask packs

•Old antagonist , like brutaka

•Ice elemental female .... ?

•A better design for my Pohatu . Proportional changes arent enough .

•Better themes

It's actually a very long list .

"I gave up a millennium ago; they're just far too simple minded. It's as if they actually require a soul of immoral energy to guide them. They only listen to their false idols and these so called 'geniuses' who claim to have a more complex understanding of life, rather than a man who offers nothing but a chance for amelioration. Everyone's too distracted by the concept of 'freedom' that they forgot what the true purpose of life is.

But when you care too much... and rebuke... and rebuke... and rebuke... yet you fail to mend due to in denial fools, you give up. Give up and watch them crumble."

that's The Khan for ya.

Google Plus

prototype mocs

1st Associative Vegeta

•the other toa teams or just not the SAME TEAM EVERY WAVE (hero factory's mistake)

How is that a mistake? It seems to me like the same thing most successful toy lines (and storylines) do. My Little Pony and LEGO Ninjago have both stuck with the same team of protagonists for five years and five seasons, and yet both those series are still wildly successful — probably more successful than Bionicle has been in over a decade. Do you really think Tahu and his team are too boring to carry the Bionicle theme for more than ONE year? Because if so, you must not think very highly of Bionicle...

•A building system NOT RECYCLED FOR FOUR WAVES (hero factory again)

That could describe... more or less every single LEGO theme ever, excluding utter failures like Znap and Galidor. The entire POINT of a building system is to keep using it over and over again. If you have to introduce a new building system every few years, you've failed at creating a worthwhile building system in the first place. You don't see people complaining about the LEGO brick or Technic pin needing to be replaced, do you?

The creatures! :3

I'm looking forward to the Creaures too. Also looking forward to making some Creatures of my own. ;D

Something about non-humanoid builds appeals to me, hence why my only HF set was Jawblade, probably. But I agree - though, my MOCing days are pretty much over. I'll stick with the instructions they give me.

(I am excited to see your creatures, in any case, given your past MOCs!)

Edited by -Windrider-

Something about non-humanoid builds appeals to me, hence why my only HF set was Jawblade, probably. But I agree - though, my MOCing days are pretty much over. I'll stick with the instructions they give me.

(I am excited to see your creatures, in any case, given your past MOCs!)

I have to agree with you on that (not just with legos though).

Kopaka.png

stone_good.png

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

How is that a mistake? It seems to me like the same thing most successful toy lines (and storylines) do. My Little Pony and LEGO Ninjago have both stuck with the same team of protagonists for five years and five seasons, and yet both those series are still wildly successful — probably more successful than Bionicle has been in over a decade. Do you really think Tahu and his team are too boring to carry the Bionicle theme for more than ONE year? Because if so, you must not think very highly of Bionicle...

Remember when we'd get introduced to a new team every now and then ? Why would you NOT want to see that ? why would you NOT want to see old allies or new coming members ? It'll be an opportunity to create some diversity : get some different genders going on ; make different styles to match different personalities ; have new colors and entirely different mask .Tahu and his group have been present for "ONE year" obviously , but I HOPE Bionicle switches it up every now-and-then . How would that not be exciting ?

Ninjago and MLP are not the same thing as Bionicle . I know it was an example , but it's a different audience focused on an entirely different branch . Hero factoroy did this and i've met a lot of people who have gotten got sick of seeing the same characters over and over ... probably because Hero Factory had less interesting characters ... but still .

That could describe... more or less every single LEGO theme ever, excluding utter failures like Znap and Galidor. The entire POINT of a building system is to keep using it over and over again. If you have to introduce a new building system every few years, you've failed at creating a worthwhile building system in the first place. You don't see people complaining about the LEGO brick or Technic pin needing to be replaced, do you?

The Inika system : people have gotten sick of it after the Mahri build . That sounds completely idiotic , but it's true . Bionicle had a few building systems and styles to offer and that is what made it exciting and tempting for many . One thing a lot of us Bionicle fans looked forward to every wave was something new . maybe not even a new system , but just new parts that'll change a lot , like how the Phantoka wave introduced three new torsos .

now , eventually , CCBS is going to get old (it's been going on for 5 waves and 2016 will make it 6) . There's no arguing this . My boy , it looks like Hero Factory was running low on ideas rather quickly . Same characters , build systems , techniques , and colors is not necessarily what made Bionicle Bionicle . Diversity is the key . I'm not saying create an ENTIRELY NEW SYSTEM , but geez , CCBS needs some spice ... But actually , looking at the new sets, it seems as if Bionicle is in fact adding a lot of changes and new things to CCBS , so I'm not complaining at all unless they plain to use the same stuff over and over and over . Infact , I'm not complaining about anything , actually . I just don't want bionicle to make mistakes .

And again , LEGO created Bionicle and Bionicle is LEGO , sure , but it's still two different things . Bricks are not Limbs ; Blocks are not mask .

"I gave up a millennium ago; they're just far too simple minded. It's as if they actually require a soul of immoral energy to guide them. They only listen to their false idols and these so called 'geniuses' who claim to have a more complex understanding of life, rather than a man who offers nothing but a chance for amelioration. Everyone's too distracted by the concept of 'freedom' that they forgot what the true purpose of life is.

But when you care too much... and rebuke... and rebuke... and rebuke... yet you fail to mend due to in denial fools, you give up. Give up and watch them crumble."

that's The Khan for ya.

Google Plus

prototype mocs

1st Associative Vegeta

Remember when we'd get introduced to a new team every now and then ? Why would you NOT want to see that ? why would you NOT want to see old allies or new coming members ? It'll be an opportunity to create some diversity : get some different genders going on ; make different styles to match different personalities ; have new colors and entirely different mask .Tahu and his group have been present for "ONE year" obviously , but I HOPE Bionicle switches it up every now-and-then . How would that not be exciting ?

Ninjago and MLP are not the same thing as Bionicle . I know it was an example , but it's a different audience focused on an entirely different branch . Hero factoroy did this and i've met a lot of people who have gotten got sick of seeing the same characters over and over ... probably because Hero Factory had less interesting characters ... but still .

I don't have any issue with introducing new characters into the story. Ninjago and My Little Pony do it all the time with characters like Dareth, Misako, the Overlord, Discord, Princess Cadance, and Sunset Shimmer. My issue is with introducing new characters to the story in place of the current lead protagonists. I don't want to spend two or three years getting to know and love Tahu and his team only for them to be demoted to bit-part side characters for the next two or three years. Unfortunately, as we saw with G1 Bionicle, that's what tends to happen in a merchandise-driven series when you introduce a whole new team of protagonists, because there's no sense in having characters from discontinued sets stealing the spotlight from the current sets that are actually keeping the theme alive. And no matter what its audience, Bionicle is just as merchandise-driven as Ninjago or My Little Pony.

The Inika system : people have gotten sick of it after the Mahri build . That sounds completely idiotic , but it's true . Bionicle had a few building systems and styles to offer and that is what made it exciting and tempting for many . One thing a lot of us Bionicle fans looked forward to every wave was something new . maybe not even a new system , but just new parts that'll change a lot , like how the Phantoka wave introduced three new torsos.

The "Inika system" was not a complete building system in its own right. It is literally just a term for sets that used a handful of particular torso pieces (like Toa Inika upper torso beams, Piraka upper torso beams, and Toa Metru lower torso beams). CCBS, on the other hand, is a complete building system. Some sets like Thornraxx do not use conventional CCBS builds at all, but they are still unmistakably CCBS sets.

now , eventually , CCBS is going to get old (it's been going on for 5 waves and 2016 will make it 6) . There's no arguing this . My boy , it looks like Hero Factory was running low on ideas rather quickly . Same characters , build systems , techniques , and colors is not necessarily what made Bionicle Bionicle . Diversity is the key . I'm not saying create an ENTIRELY NEW SYSTEM , but geez , CCBS needs some spice ... But actually , looking at the new sets, it seems as if Bionicle is in fact adding a lot of changes and new things to CCBS , so I'm not complaining at all unless they plain to use the same stuff over and over and over . Infact , I'm not complaining about anything , actually . I just don't want bionicle to make mistakes.

If you've been paying attention, CCBS has been introducing lots of changes since well before the Bionicle reboot. Just look at the 2012 Hero Factory sets which broke away from the "small heroes, big villains" release pattern, resulting in some of the most creative heroes and villains to date, or the 2013 Hero Factory sets, which started to reintroduce non-launcher-based action features to sets, or the 2014 Hero Factory sets, which completely re-imagined the subject matter of the sets, going from conventional humanoid heroes to considerably less humanoid monsters and battle machines. And every year CCBS has been around we've seen brilliant new building techniques, some of which don't even REQUIRE new pieces. Just look at the torso of Toxic Reapa, or the arms and legs of Lewa - Uniter of Jungle. These are brilliantly creative building techniques, yet they generally don't require the use of new pieces.

I don't think Hero Factory was "running out of ideas" one bit as far as sets were concerned, and I don't see that happening with Bionicle either, especially if it continues to use the CCBS.

Edited by Aanchir
  • Upvote 2

me reading everything you just said and possibly everything else in the future , @Aanchir:

186420461000202.jpg?r1024x1024

Edit: Please don't do this again; you need to be respectful.
-Wind-

Edited by -Windrider-

that's The Khan for ya.

Google Plus

prototype mocs

1st Associative Vegeta

CCBS is a building system. It's like asking Lego to replace the brick. Just as there are a bazillion things you can do with a brick, there is a bazillion things you can do with CCBS. Most of which Lego hasn't even tried yet. 

Never said throw CCBS in the garbage . I'm asking to be impressed by CCBS , which LEGO has yet to do . I believe the Hero Factory era ruined my trust in CCBS , or perhaps It's simply because I believe the limbs , torsos , and armor pieces pail in comparision to the amazing sets G1 has sold . I miss the 1000000+ count sets they were actually challenging . Because of what I was previously exposed to , it's like now I'm playing with Duplo bricks .

that's The Khan for ya.

Google Plus

prototype mocs

1st Associative Vegeta

CCBS is a building system. It's like asking Lego to replace the brick. Just as there are a bazillion things you can do with a brick, there is a bazillion things you can do with CCBS. Most of which Lego hasn't even tried yet.

Never said throw CCBS in the garbage . I'm asking to be impressed by CCBS , which LEGO has yet to do . I believe the Hero Factory era ruined my trust in CCBS , or perhaps It's simply because I believe the limbs , torsos , and armor pieces pail in comparision to the amazing sets G1 has sold . I miss the 1000000+ count sets they were actually challenging . Because of what I was previously exposed to , it's like now I'm playing with Duplo bricks .

Witch Doctor, a Hero Factory set from the CCBS's debut year, had 331 pieces, more than the vast majority of Bionicle titans and certainly more than any at or below its price point. Evo XL Machine from 2014, Hero Factory's last year, had 193 parts, just as many as Brutaka and more than Tuma, Umbra, Gadunka, Nidhiki, Hydraxon, or Icarax. Maybe you're not giving Hero Factory enough credit?

Also, while the 2015 and 2016 Bionicle sets have fewer pieces than a lot of older Bionicle titans, they have way more pieces than a typical Bionicle villager or Toa set. The most pieces a canister Toa ever had was 74 (Toa Mahri Kongu), while the 2015 Toa had 89 pieces average and the 2016 Toa have 106 pieces average (not counting Kopaka, since I don't know how many of his set's parts are used for him and how many are used for his creature). I certainly think that's impressive!

Also, while the 2015 and 2016 Bionicle sets have fewer pieces than a lot of older Bionicle titans, they have way more pieces than a typical Bionicle villager or Toa set. The most pieces a canister Toa ever had was 74 (Toa Mahri Kongu), while the 2015 Toa had 89 pieces average and the 2016 Toa have 106 pieces average (not counting Kopaka, since I don't know how many of his set's parts are used for him and how many are used for his creature). I certainly think that's impressive!

Geez, that is impressive. I'd have guessed the G1 Toa had way more pieces than that.

*clears fog from nostalgia goggles*

IetTsFQ.png

Geez, that is impressive. I'd have guessed the G1 Toa had way more pieces than that.

*clears fog from nostalgia goggles*

gotta chime in that the 2015 toa have only six "spare" parts (mask and five-part spider) wheras a good chunk of Kongu Mahri was just his ammo for the launcher.

signed, someone who owns the disappointingly simple Kongu Mahri.

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

Witch Doctor, a Hero Factory set from the CCBS's debut year, had 331 pieces, more than the vast majority of Bionicle titans and certainly more than any at or below its price point. Evo XL Machine from 2014, Hero Factory's last year, had 193 parts, just as many as Brutaka and more than Tuma, Umbra, Gadunka, Nidhiki, Hydraxon, or Icarax. Maybe you're not giving Hero Factory enough credit?

You took that far too literal .

that's The Khan for ya.

Google Plus

prototype mocs

1st Associative Vegeta

You took that far too literal .

i know right

• Upvote 1