LEGO BIONICLE: The Journey to One on Netflix

Hapori Tohu

A mysterious listing has appeared on Netflix: Titled LEGO BIONICLE: The Journey to One, there isn't much to see yet apart from the description: "Six legendary heroes find themselves on an epic quest as they harness the power of nature's elements to defeat the forces of evil." My guess is that this is going to be relevant for next year (the page seems to be of rather preliminary character) so it's going to be a few months before we get to see actual content but the fact that the listing exists at all is already great news and raises a lot of questions. Looks like BIONICLE is proving to be successful enough for LEGO to make its first venture into modern streaming channels. Stay tuned for updates.

View the full article

• Upvote 8

Wow! That's amazing! I can't believe this is happening! I wanna get my Netflex subscription!:D

Anyway, I don't know what it would be about spefically, but I think it is going to be a combination of the webisodes that we've seen, but more extended to turn into some kind of special. If that happens, then I'll saw "I knew it". Just like the Mixels webisodes, when there are webisodes, that means specials. Just my theory.

Or maybe, it could be a TV series from the 2016 storyline. Thank about how Ninjago been.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

I'm guessing it's a compilation of the web videos we've seen, that seems on par for LEGO and Netflix. (Because, you know, all those people claimed the short episodes, when added together, equals a longer episode. I wonder if they keep all the title sequences in there too![/sarcasm])

:music:

Edited by xccj

Rather interesting that this is the "journey to one" when the Prophecy of Heroes says the Toa must be "united, but not one."

• Upvote 6

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

A... BIONICLE... TV (well netflix, but it could be on tv for all we know as of late) SHOW..... AAAAND, there goes my internal organs.

*dies*

• Upvote 1

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

Maybe they are supposed to find the One - that is, Makuta. Lame. 

Maybe, or maybe not. Who knows.

pure_muscle.png

They should also remake the 2015 animations because those are really really REALLY bad

Never gonna happen.

pure_muscle.png

I'm pretty sure the Gen 1 Bionicle movies are still on Netflix. This would actually be really cool- modern kids searching for Bionicle might run into the old Bionicle when searching for the new series. I for one am extremely happy about this. My hype is higher than the Coliseum!

• Upvote 1

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

Mask of Light and Legends of Metru Nui recently expired their contracts on Netflix, but for the time being Web of Shadows and The Legend Reborn are still up.

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

Haha, scrubs, all you just now getting Netflix in order to see this.

I've been using it to watch MoL nonstop for the past year.

You're the "scrub" because you need Netflix to watch Bionicle: Mask of Light while some other fans have had it on disc for a long time.  ;)

Joking aside, I'll gladly use Netflix to watch this. Never thought I'd have to, though.  

Ninjago got a TV show and now it is so successful that LEGO talk about it "becoming an evergreen theme".

Is it too much to hope for that BIONICLE could do the same?

Both themes have the elemental heroes thing going on (right down to the "Master of Water" being the only female in both teams), so there are similar pull factors. But I worry that Ninjago succeeds because its storyline resists gaining depth (the show's writers don't seem to care about viewers having watched prior episodes, seeing how much core mechanics like the elements have been retconned since the beginning), whereas BIONICLE G1 succeeded precisely because of its detailed and consistent narrative...

:v: :m_o: :t: :u: :k: :m_o:

Ninjago got a TV show and now it is so successful that LEGO talk about it "becoming an evergreen theme".

Is it too much to hope for that BIONICLE could do the same?

Both themes have the elemental heroes thing going on (right down to the "Master of Water" being the only female in both teams), so there are similar pull factors. But I worry that Ninjago succeeds because its storyline resists gaining depth (the show's writers don't seem to care about viewers having watched prior episodes, seeing how much core mechanics like the elements have been retconned since the beginning), whereas BIONICLE G1 succeeded precisely because of its detailed and consistent narrative...

Remember that Bionicle was probably considered by many in its original run to be basically an "evergreen." It did last ten years. Will the new one achieve the same level of success or longetivity? It's impossible to say, probably not necessarily too much to hope for, though. Constraction is a bit different from other Lego themes, and to be a success it doesn't need to necessarily pull the same kinds of numbers or audience, since it's acknowledged that it's more of a niche thing. I mean, Hero Factory lasted around as much as Ninjago has and it definitely wasn't a success of the same magnitude. If Bionicle does better than HF did (thanks to whatever this turns out to be, or not) it may still last quite a while.

Though I mean, HF also had sort of a tv show, so ymmv whether this is a good thing or not.

If you're expecting that the new one will start at any point to reach the original's level of complexity I don't think you'll ever be satisfied though. The "detailed and consistent narrative" arguably played a bigger role in ending the line than in prolonging its length.

Edited by dotcom

AXKP5KC.png

I need this, and wish this happened when I was a kid with bionicle in 01. Please give it the same devotion the HF line got in terms of media and show.

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

This goes to show that great things come to those who are patient.

YES!

• Upvote 1

pure_muscle.png

Haha, scrubs, all you just now getting Netflix in order to see this.

I've been using it to watch MoL nonstop for the past year.

You're the "scrub" because you need Netflix to watch Bionicle: Mask of Light while some other fans have had it on disc for a long time.  ;)

Joking aside, I'll gladly use Netflix to watch this. Never thought I'd have to, though.  

I've had it on VHS, scrub.

Worst case scenario, it is just a repackage of the webisodes (though the new name would be strange). Best case, it is the Bionicle TV show I have always wanted. I am fine with any result on this scale.

PSN ID: darthlego
Gamertag: SPARTAN J46
Steam name: jumpy46

Obviously this is the tale of how Tahu and friends make the harrowing trip across the sea to One Island.  It's the crossover no one asked for, but everyone deep down knows they would absolutely watch in a heartbeat if it were real.

BIONICLE the Movie 2016: The Power of Journey to One?

Losing 2016 U.S. Presidential Nominee: "I believe this song is from the Bionicle movie"

• Upvote 2

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother