Koli Ball Shortage

Onuki

Koli Ball Shortage

Fans Blown Away

koliballbanner.png

Sources close to Hewkii’s dominant foot have reported a devastating Koli ball shortage in the nominally athletic village of Po-Koro.  Following the recent discovery and condemnation of local resident Ahkmou’s infected sports wares, the aftermath of banning the only Koli ball vendor on Mata Nui has resulted in a crisis that one particularly well-informed source declared “no one saw coming.”

“We have only half a Koli ball left,” explained a sullen Turaga Onewa shortly before passing out from boredom.  When questioned regarding the other half, he replied, “We think someone ate it.”

Less pressing than Onu-Koro’s shortage of lightstones and less trivial than Le-Koro’s shortage of miniature Lewa statues, Po-Koro’s dearth nonetheless continues to leave its inhabitants inhibited.  “It’s been awful,” sighed a defeated Hewkii.  “I’ve had to spend every weekend with Macku.”

In response, a ragtag collection of would-be entrepreneurs has stepped up to solve the stonewalled situation.  Ta-Koronans led by Guard Captain Jaller have already shipped a handful of dried lava chunks the first ever floating Koli balls to the serendipitous city, while an earnest Taipu of Onu-Koro is reported to be struggling through the desert just to bring them a large, round rock.  A well-meaning Ko-Koro mailed an enormous package of ice cubes last week, unfortunately unaware that they were destined to melt into the Po-Koronans’ least favorite substance upon arrival.

However, the favorite so far to deliver Po-Koro from its plight remains the hearty Hafu.  Initially crushed both by the lack of championship trophies to carve and by one of his own statues, the crafty carver has nevertheless since dared to dream of a Mata Nui in which his own custom Koli balls reign supreme.  Fashioned from the sturdiest stone with a dash of solidified protodermis, several of his “ProtoType” prototypes are already available on the market.

Meanwhile, restless Po-Matoran are inching ever closer to the brink of insanity.  One distraught resident has been running laps around the Koli field attempting to locate one or more unspecified pastries, while another reportedly purchased an entire herd of Husi birds for no clear reason.  Onlookers are beginning to wonder if the Koli crowd can last much longer.

After fending off several dazed neighbors who apparently believed they were insurance agents, star athlete Hewkii at last grumbled, “I think it’s time to find Ahkmou.”

• Upvote 6

“It’s been awful,” sighed a defeated Hewkii.  “I’ve had to spend every weekend with Macku.”

Well, considering what Macku's been up to in the other stories...

Another fine job.  Of course, the lack of Koli means a lack of Koli games to sell hot dogs at, too.

• Upvote 2

Another good comedy short, really enjoyed reading  it. :)

Following the recent discovery and condemnation of local resident Ahkmou’s infected sports wares, the aftermath of banning the only Koli ball vendor on Mata Nui has resulted in a crisis that one particularly well-informed source declared “no one saw coming.”

This one cracked me up. :P I guess we can conclude that Po-Matoran aren't very good at forethought...

• Upvote 1

Thanks, everyone! :) I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Of course, the lack of Koli means a lack of Koli games to sell hot dogs at, too.

That's a good point.  I think maybe we underestimate how much the economy of Mata Nui depends on Koli! :P