One of a new breed of fully sapient Kraata, Sepulchral is an ambitious Rahkshi of density control whose desire to prove himself has given way to a philosophical quest for a more meaningful identity.
sepulchral_1b.jpg
Alternate angle
Front
Side
Unexpectedly unsettling
Daemonic, yet dignified
En garde!

Sepulchral's page on the Corpus Rahkshi Wiki

I started this MoC around six months ago with the sole purpose of building something to wear my trans-orange Mask of Fire. It wound up temporarily set aside due to a lack of the needed parts, but when I finally decided to join Corpus Rahkshi over the summer the half-finished model served as inspiration for the appearance of my first real RPG character. Eventually it more or less became what Sepulchral looked like in my mind. And now that I've finally Bricklinked the necessary pieces, he can make his proper debut at last.

As always, comments and criticism are appreciated.

Edit: Image linked; please keep embedded images in BBC to 640x640 pixels / 100 kB.
-Wind-

Edit: Image fixed.

Edited by Dark_Stranger
  • Upvote 5

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

Nice! The limbs are fairly standard fare, but the torso (from what I can see) looks marvelous, very armour-like. I really like the HF 3.0 flared claw thing as a chestplate, and the trans-neon-orange saws look pretty flashy. With those six equally spaced claws, the weapon is rather cool too. Still, there are a few things I would change, out-of-place colours mostly - the red/black spines might be better silver, the red shoulder balls black, and it might be nice if some of that light grey in the torso could be black too. Overall though, you strike an appreciable balance between simplicity and complexity, so good job!

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Dang, I've been meaning to reply to this forever...

Thanks; coming from someone as good as this as you are, that really means a lot. I'm glad you like the torso, it's the only custom one I've ever managed to perfect to my satisfaction. And I definitely see what you mean about those out-of-place colors. Most of them are there because of oversights while I was making Bricklink orders (though I'll admit I never considered making his spines solid silver...) Hopefully I can fix them the next time I order some parts; I'll definitely post an updated portrait if I do.

Saw the 'weird' tag and I was in. Anyway, this is a pretty good MOC. It's Rahkshi, but is different and unique enough to be something more. I can see remnants of the sets' figure in this guy, but there's just something that makes him a little more different than just adding CCBS to a set. Overall, this is what a Rahkshi should resemble if you crank up the intimidation meter by a lot. Nice job on this!

mindeth the cobwebs

• 3 weeks later...

@Shia: Thanks! In terms of story, Sepulchral is basically an ordinary Rahkshi (aside from being sapient) who altered his suit in an attempt to make himself more intimidating, so I'm very glad that comes across in the MoC.

@Jerris: I'm glad you like him! You have some good ideas, but I think multiple schools would be beyond the scope of a single RPG, unless it was a multi-topic game like the BZPRPG.