OFFICIAL 2016 Bionicle Topic

Makaru

I just made a little connection I'd like to share.

So, in the puzzle from the LEGO Magazine, we got this snippet of information:

Ekimu the Mask Maker revealed this stone carving to Tahu.

It's trivial, but the puzzle seems to be the same thing from the wall in Episode 18.

There, we can see Tahu, combined with his Creature, and below, five spaces to spell out the word "UNITY."

So yeah, there you have it - 2016 will probably start with Ekimu going over that tablet, and how the Toa are prophesied to find and Unite with their Creatures. Then fitting them with new armor and such, I guess.

IetTsFQ.png

Is the general consensus that aside from Umarak and Onua, the 2016 sets are generally worse than their 2015 sets until you add their respective Creatures?

• Upvote 1

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

So... will we be able to preorder these sets on Amazon relatively soon or...?

I remember preordering Tahu, Pohatu, and Onua last year on Amazon and they arrived only one day after the official release date. I'd kind of like to get them that quick again.

Edited by Tarvaxx

So... will we be able to preorder these sets on Amazon relatively soon or...?

I remember preordering Tahu, Pohatu, and Onua last year on Amazon and they arrived only one day after the official release date. I'd kind of like to get them that quick again.

I myself got Tahu and Kopaka on Boxing Day 2014 at Target. No such luck in my area this time.

Edited by Spiffy247

A fish wielding vampire. That's Spiffy.

Is the general consensus that aside from Umarak and Onua, the 2016 sets are generally worse than their 2015 sets until you add their respective Creatures?

Given the widely varying opinions I've heard so far, I think calling for a general consensus is a bit premature.

I don't exactly agree with that statement. Tahu, Gali, and Kopaka, yes. Pohatu's uniting makes him look worse, and Lewa and Onua look fine on their own.

I like 2015 Onua better than 2016 Onua, just in terms of having a more original physique, but I'm not so sure about which version of Lewa I like better, and probably won't be able to come to a firm decision until I have the new Lewa in-hand.

I have to say, while Tahu is pretty mediocre by himself, when he's in his United form he's one of my favorite things about all of gen 2. So awesome. Yeah he's a little over designed but i kind of like that. Only think I'd like is for the creature head to 'clip' onto tahus mask so it doesn't flop around. 

Edited by hiddenderek

Only think I'd like is for the creature head to 'clip' onto tahus mask so it doesn't flop around. 

Frankly, why and how they didn't think to add something like this for all the other Toa is beyond me.

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

Probably because making a system of connection that looks good when disconnected, functions easily, and doesn't limit the motion of the head (without stressing the pieces as well) isn't an easy task.

A single something like these maybe?

$_35.JPG

A small pin hole in the top of the mask, and a small pin on the bottom of the creatures head. That way the piece isn't too strained and the movement isn't too limited. grant it, the pin may have to be modified in some way to reduce the amount of strain on it. Perhaps even have it be slightly unique structure to it, but be the same basic concept.

or maybe even have an elongated stud piece at the bottom of the creatures head instead, and have a stud hole in the top of the Toa's mask as well. Maybe?

Edited by Toa Imrukii

pure_muscle.png

Who wants a connection system for the creatures and toa? Using rods, axles or studs will just look ugly on the masks.

Not ON the masks, but IN the masks.

pure_muscle.png

Who wants a connection system for the creatures and toa? Using rods, axles or studs will just look ugly on the masks.

Not ON the masks, but IN the masks.

I fail to see the difference. How do you mean in the mask?

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Yesterday, I visited LEGOLAND California and I found something awesome (other than the usual). I found the 2016 sets! :D for some reason, the post editor isn't allowing me to add pictures. I'll put them in the set sightings thread.

Edited by Daler99

~Daler

I'll have to wait for the 2nd january to get my sets. I wanna get Umarak and two other sets, preferrably a Toa and a creature. Any suggestions?

Lewa and Uxar. Not only are they among the best Toa and creatures, but Uxar seems to pair with Umarak better than most of the other creatures as well.

Edited by Lyichir

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I checked over the past few days, nothing here in the Metro-Atlanta area...checked a Target, a BAM, a B&N, and 2 WalMarts. May search again tomorrow since I need to fill up my tank anyways. Probably won't check on New Year's...if I don't check tomorrow, I will on Saturday. Between Bionicle, Black Ops 3 Zombies,various films, and turning 21 in April, 2016 is looking to be something to be remembered. 

I got all of the sets, except terak, from toys r us today. Honestly, I love all of them except ketar. His function literally has zero friction and he's just a hot mess.

All of the toa sets are pretty awesome though. They all just feel much more solid than the 2015 sets. The torso don't feel open and gappy, what with the open ball joints and weirdly set back arms. Don't get me wrong, I love the 2015 toa, but I frankly like their 2016 iterations even more. Even the whacky ones like pohatu.

The creatures, except obviously for ketar, are absolutely amazing. I didn't realize how big they were going to be. Ikir and uxar are just stunning. Absolutely beautiful. Even Akida looks pretty wonderful.

I'm definitely stoked to clear a shelf and pose these guys up. I'm also gonna have fun pretending I'm a kid and playing with them. This week has been an awesome week. RoSS rules, the uniters rule, bionicles rules.

• Upvote 1

:y::m_o::l::m_o:

I got all of the sets, except terak, from toys r us today. Honestly, I love all of them except ketar. His function literally has zero friction and he's just a hot mess.

All of the toa sets are pretty awesome though. They all just feel much more solid than the 2015 sets. The torso don't feel open and gappy, what with the open ball joints and weirdly set back arms. Don't get me wrong, I love the 2015 toa, but I frankly like their 2016 iterations even more. Even the whacky ones like pohatu.

The creatures, except obviously for ketar, are absolutely amazing. I didn't realize how big they were going to be. Ikir and uxar are just stunning. Absolutely beautiful. Even Akida looks pretty wonderful.

I'm definitely stoked to clear a shelf and pose these guys up. I'm also gonna have fun pretending I'm a kid and playing with them. This week has been an awesome week. RoSS rules, the uniters rule, bionicles rules.

How do you even?!?!?!?

pure_muscle.png

Do we know when will LEGO stores get stocked with the new sets?

Like, maybe already tomorrow or the 2nd?

My local Lego Store will start selling them on the 2nd, since they're closed on the first.

Lewa and Uxar. Not only are they among the best Toa and creatures, but Uxar seems to pair with Umarak better than most of the other creatures as well.

Yeah, Lewa and Uxar seemed like the coolest combo to me, though Lewa's short arms and the excessive amount of silver kind of put me off.

Hail Denmark

I built Kopaka/Melum and Umarak.

Kopaka is good. I like his 2015 set better, but I'm definitely not disappointed with the new set. His mask is AWESOME, and I like the silver blend a lot. I even like his chestplate. Pretty much a good set all around.

Umarak is extremely impressive. Buy Umarak. Seriously.

I will say that while the waist-swivel isn't bad, I don't really care about it on the Toa. It's really cool on Umarak, though, when he's holding his bow.

IetTsFQ.png

I just got Umarak and Uxar. On his own, Umarak is already great, but when you add those wings... goodness, he's spectacular. He pulls off that "fallen forest deity"/"evil fairy" feel perfectly. It's something we've never seen before in Bionicle, making him feel very fresh.

the_toa_sig_by_nickinamerica-dbn0wau.png

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

I just got Umarak and Uxar. On his own, Umarak is already great, but when you add those wings... goodness, he's spectacular. He pulls off that "fallen forest deity"/"evil fairy" feel perfectly. It's something we've never seen before in Bionicle, making him feel very fresh.

Because of this, I'm buying two Uxar.

A fish wielding vampire. That's Spiffy.