OFFICIAL 2016 Bionicle Topic

Makaru

The animation in this looks really good IMO. It makes me excited to see how the other environments will look in the show. 

As for their being two Umarak sets this year, if it means that Umarak will be the villain throughout this year's storyline and possibly getting some development as a character, I'm all for it. Especially if his Destroyer set is just as cool as his Hunter set.

Edited by Toa Smoke Monster
  • Upvote 2

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I'm putting my thoughts in spoiler tags in case anyone doesn't want to be spoiled.

Ekimu having a trans-light blue Mask of Creation sounds really interesting. In fact, the majority of his set with pieces in this color sounds great. I love that color on sets, so I just might get this set when it comes out.

Umarak looks to be an interesting set too. I wonder if he will come with a trans-colored Mask of Control, and it just wasn't shown at the event. That would really neat IMO. :)

The Beasts sound interesting too, and I look forward to seeing pictures of them in the future.

pc0lX6T.png

I think that looks fantastic, considering I didn't have high hopes for the animation and overall look of the show. Pretty excited it's coming out next month.

TAK

I feel the same way - didn't expect anything from the show, but it's really looking quite nice. I really like the animation style.

IetTsFQ.png

Hurrah! I'm still reading through it, but does anyone know what those prices will convert to in USD? They seem way cheaper than I expected.

Based on the prices for the sets from the first half of the year, the three beasts and Ekimu will all be $15 sets.

Hard to judge with Umarak the Destroyer, because his price is smack in the middle of Umarak the Hunter and Kopaka & Melum Unity Set's prices, but in the U.S. those sets are priced $20 and $25 respectively, and U.S. prices are usually at $5 increments except for the smallest (<$10) sets.

Entirely transblue? Ehh... I like solid gold as the 'power colour' with trans being the energy beneath. Entirely trans feels like they're trying to hard. It has to look better in person.

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

*headscratch* I'm not really impressed, but I will have to see pictures before I judge. Kinda disappointed that a Makuta set was not included.

Seconded. A trans-purple Ekimu-sized Makuta would be a great little set.

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Entirely transblue? Ehh... I like solid gold as the 'power colour' with trans being the energy beneath. Entirely trans feels like they're trying to hard. It has to look better in person.

Brickset's report mentioned some of the sets looked like they were supposed to have printing in the final design but didn't in the models on display. Maybe some of Ekimu's Transparent Light Blue parts will have gold printing. :shrugs:

I'm definitely curious about whether Ekimu's transformation is a permanent one like most Toa transformations, or a temporary one like Rocka XL or the LEGO Ninjago "NRG" forms. The amount of transparent blue being described definitely gives me an "supercharged" vibe, kind of like the NRG ninja or Korra's giant spirit form from The Legend of Korra season two finale. But making this his permanent form might make more sense from a toy perspective so that if he shows up again in the 2017 story it won't be as a two-year-old set. I also wonder whether the transparent color of the Mask of Creation signifies anything special.

Brickset's report mentioned some of the sets looked like they were supposed to have printing in the final design but didn't in the models on display. Maybe some of Ekimu's Transparent Light Blue parts will have gold printing. :shrugs:

I'm definitely curious about whether Ekimu's transformation is a permanent one like most Toa transformations, or a temporary one like Rocka XL or the LEGO Ninjago "NRG" forms. The amount of transparent blue being described definitely gives me an "supercharged" vibe, kind of like the NRG ninja or Korra's giant spirit form from The Legend of Korra season two finale. But making this his permanent form might make more sense from a toy perspective so that if he shows up again in the 2017 story it won't be as a two-year-old set. I also wonder whether the transparent color of the Mask of Creation signifies anything special.

From a story perspective I imagine it's simply him upgrading his mask to make it more powerful. Thankfully we should have images of the new sets within the next few hours so then we can talk about these in more detail. 

Edited by masterchirox580

It's time to move on.

Brickset's report mentioned some of the sets looked like they were supposed to have printing in the final design but didn't in the models on

I'm not sure whether printing makes me more or less interested... A giant, glowing blue Ekimu against an Upgraded (Possessed?) Umarak makes me wonder if we're not going to see another finale where the Toa take on the Mooks while Ekimu does the actual hero work. I liked last year's ending, but pulling the same thing twice would really devalue it.

So...the commenting on the Brickset thing is over, and now I can't find the set descriptions anywhere.

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge

I sure do hope there's some printing on the final set, because all of that transparent blue on Ekimu isn't that appealing to me.

Umarak the Destroyer looks fantastic though.

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

*sees tr-ne-green*

Boo, (i mean i expected it but still, boo.)

Also that. There's too much of that across all of them in my opinion. Would it hurt to use, say, transparent yellow? :P

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

*sees tr-ne-green*

Also that. There's too much of that across all of them in my opinion. Would it hurt to use, say, transparent yellow? :P

~|ET|~

As much as I'd been hoping for Transparent Yellow on Umarak, I've gotta say Tr. Fluor. Green is probably a better choice as a unifying color across all the villains. It feels more evil, more... septic. Like the Trans. Fluor. Reddish Orange on last year's Skull Villains, Trans. Fluor. Green gives off an eerie glow that contrasts strongly with the other colors in the Beast sets' color schemes. Trans. Yellow might work well on Umarak (since it's such a core part of the color scheme, and is harmonious with the Warm Gold of his mask), but it's just too dull to work quite as well as a contrasting accent color on the others.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Thoughts on Bionicle 2016 Summer wave:

Ekimu: I love the look of his trans-light blue Mask of Creation. And I'm also glad he is titan-sized. However, I think he is too much trans-light blue on him. I think that a few more gold pieces would even him out.

Umarak: Once again, Umarak looks the best out of this wave of Bionicle sets. (IMO, anyways.) I like his bulky look and his Skull Basher-like horns. His clawed hands look really cool too. I'll probably get him so that he can have showdown with his Hunter counterpart in my house. :P

The Beasts: They look interesting. I like their color schemes, and it looks like they could have some neat pieces. But I'm not sold on them yet.

pc0lX6T.png

*sees tr-ne-green*

~|ET|~

As much as I'd been hoping for Transparent Yellow on Umarak, I've gotta say Tr. Fluor. Green is probably a better choice as a unifying color across all the villains. It feels more evil, more... septic. Like the Trans. Fluor. Reddish Orange on last year's Skull Villains, Trans. Fluor. Green gives off an eerie glow that contrasts strongly with the other colors in the Beast sets' color schemes. Trans. Yellow might work well on Umarak (since it's such a core part of the color scheme, and is harmonious with the Warm Gold of his mask), but it's just too dull to work quite as well as a contrasting accent color on the others.

I prefer Trans. Neon-Green for him because it's closer to his previous green, which gives off a better sense of transition from his previous form.

I think Umarak would've been cooler had the mask of control been different from the one we already have. 

Also, can we talk about the new drained masks that the beasts and Ekimu come with?

It looks like Ekimu comes with a red version of Umarak's regular mask. Lava with a Red and Trans-yellow(?) Tahu mask, ect.

Edited by Kid Icarus

I think Umarak would've been cooler had the mask of control been different from the one we already have. 

Also, can we talk about the new drained masks that the beasts and Ekimu come with?

It looks like Ekimu comes with a red version of Umarak's regular mask. Lava with a Red and Trans-yellow(?) Tahu mask, ect.

I think Umarak's mask is different from the Mask of Control. It's hard to tell in the pic, but this one looks like instead of horns, it's blended with trans-light green.

The drained masks look nice, although I reckon they will be trans-light green, not trans-yellow.

IetTsFQ.png

From the one image, it looks to me like Umarak's Mask of Control is a different mold, as the horns are now the TECHNIC and tail assemblies attached to the side of his head instead of being part of the mask.

Also, I am really looking forward to these sets.  Now I just want to see more images.

OpAXNpl.jpg

The Netflix animations aren't garnering enough interest from me, but I will say that they look good, I like the look of Tahu & Lewa & I hope someone can create similar looking 3D models of them to use, along with the other toa.

Edited by DJ Khaled

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

Gotta say, I love the job they've done on the Destroyer. It's an epic contrast to the slender hunter lurking in the shadows to the massive super powered annihilation machine. While Lyichir's point makes sense on the trans. neon green for him... I still would have liked yellow. He has enough parts in the debated color to deck out someone's collection with them. :P

Ekimu's color scheme looks completely off balance... for a mere Toa. But Ekimu is not a mere Toa, he looks like he's a Toa on steroids, so as far as looks are concerned, I'm fine with him. :P However, since he's in two of the colors I care least about getting more and he doesn't hold the same nostalgic appeal as Kopaka ( :P ), I'll probably wind up passing. That and whatever budget I have would be spent on characters that have parts I want more, you know. :P

Storm Beast looks interesting, I must say the dark blue parts are a sight for sore eyes. But, you know, budget. :P

Lava Beast is quite peculiar in my opinion. His legs are horribly short, his head's built like a Minotaur, which feel like a kind of old gimmick, I don't see the shadow trap thing anywhere on him (he may have one, I can't tell), and he has these weird blade/wing things on his hands, which have gun-metal (or black, can't tell) instead of silver. In short, this guy has my attention, whether for better or worse. :P

...I don't have an opinion on Quake Beast yet. :P

"All magic comes with a price, dearie!" -The Dark One

I'm known on the LMB's as Brickobotface, Teh Dark One is merely a fad. :P

I prefer Trans. Neon-Green for him because it's closer to his previous green, which gives off a better sense of transition from his previous form.

It also nicely resembles the green energy that surrounds the Mask of Control on this year's packaging. :)

Very much so. 

I think Ekimu is kinda like the reboot's seventh Toa, which I was suspecting would happen. 

Edited by Spiffy247

A fish wielding vampire. That's Spiffy.

It also nicely resembles the green energy that surrounds the Mask of Control on this year's packaging. :)

Perhaps the color of energy for each year resembles a major character for each year. Mask of Creation energy = Trans. Light Blue of Ekimu, Mask of Control energy = Trans. Neon Green for Umarak the Destroyer.