Gen 1 Bionicle Does Not Exists?

So I was having a talk with my friends and according to them  Gen 1 , was "delete" so it does not existed in the Gen 2 as an parallel universe.

So many things wrong with this that I don't even know how to begin.

• Upvote 8

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

So I was talking to my friends, and according to them, Gen 1 was "deleted" so it does not exist in Gen 2.

Now that it's been grammatically fixed;

1. Gen1 and Gen2 are separate continuities. What happened in G1 doesn't affect G2, and vice-versa.

2. Gen1 still exists, but as a different universe/story. Much like the Star Trek reboot didn't eliminate the original series from being made.

3. Your friends have no idea what a reboot means. Like rebooting a computer, G2 takes the central premise of "robots on tropical island" and goes in a different direction.

Any other questions?

• Upvote 2

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Yeah, thanks for stating the obvious, everyone knew that G1 & G2 are separate stories that are never going to be combined. (Though there are people who still believe the G2 story is a continuation.)

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

In short, yes, Gen 2 is a reboot or reimagining and Gen 2 does not exist within the same universe. Whether it exists as a parallel universe within the same story franchise that characters could hypothetically travel to with an Olmak, I don't know if that's been commented on. Those are two different things, remember. And I doubt they would comment on it, because Gen 1 isn't the point of Gen 2. They're just trying to tell new stories that stand on their own merit. :)

• Upvote 2

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Here's a factoid that'll blow your mind. G2 also doesn't exist. They're both fictional. There's no Toa, no Mata Nui, no Ekimu. It's all just made up stories. :P

But in all seriousness, just because the two stories aren't canonically linked doesn't make either one less legitimate or "real" than the other. G1 still exists in the G1 continuity, G2 still exists in the G2 continuity, and even though those stories are totally independent of one another, neither one has really "ceased to exist".

• Upvote 5

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

they're 100% right, Bionicle G1 doesn't and never has existed, you've been living a lie, gaslighted, bamboozeled. wake up, america.

wake_up_sheeple.png

(Credit to xkcd)

Also, G1 never existed within G2, so it wasn't "deleted" from G2 as an afterthought or something, they're just completely separate things and always have been. (maybe)

• Upvote 5
rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

Here's a factoid that'll blow your mind. G2 also doesn't exist. They're both fictional. There's no Toa, no Mata Nui, no Ekimu. It's all just made up stories. :P

Yep. While Lego is busy telling the stories of G2, my mind creates crazy fandom stories and G1 connections because, well I can. Its fiction! 

But those plastic Bionicle things in your home, yeah those are real, and Lego produced thousands of more like them. But they don't come to life like in Toy Story, sorry...  

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!

Aside from the sudden introduction of existentialism in this thread, I will say that G1 was never really retconned or anything. It would have been retconned if a pre-established and understood consequence of an event is changed abruptly to suit the current story's story, but no solid or undoubtable connections have been made that would link the completely separate universes of G1 and G2. They exist separately and prosper independently. 

Good day.

< -< =<o>= >- >

Ha! I tricked you into reading my signature!

< -< =<o>= >- >

Gen 2 is not connected to Gen 1, but it is Bionicle after all so we can just assume it is an alternate dimension

• Upvote 1

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

In short, yes, Gen 2 is a reboot or reimagining and Gen 2 does not exist within the same universe. Whether it exists as a parallel universe within the same story franchise that characters could hypothetically travel to with an Olmak, I don't know if that's been commented on. Those are two different things, remember. And I doubt they would comment on it, because Gen 1 isn't the point of Gen 2. They're just trying to tell new stories that stand on their own merit. :)

You said it best, unless a dimension hopping mask like the olmak exists in g2 then they are not connected and merely a separate universe like in the lego movie.

Edited by ---Kopaka Nuva---

qs3135.jpg

G1 and G2, though they may or may not be connected in some way (I want to keep my hopes up in that aspect), they aren't the same, but that doesn't mean that G1 is no longer existent if that's what you were getting at, just because LEGO isn't working on the G1 story doesn't mean that is no longer exists! Ever heard of Multiverse theory?

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

You said it best, unless a dimension hopping mask like the olmak exists in g2 then they are not connected and merely a separate universe like in the lego movie.

So wait, on the edge of Okoto is a wall of Lego Bricks that President Lord Business put there to divide Gen 1, Gen 2, Cloud Cuckoo Land, Middle Zealand, and Bricksburg from each other?

• Upvote 2

So wait, on the edge of Okoto is a wall of Lego Bricks that President Lord Business put there to divide Gen 1, Gen 2, Cloud Cuckoo Land, Middle Zealand, and Bricksburg from each other?

In this case, more like an impassible technic forest.

• Upvote 3

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

I'm guessing they're the kind of people who say that the Star Wars EU means nothing to anyone now...

Wait...  the Thrawn trilogy's non-canon now?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

(I blame Disney)

But  still, I don't reckon G1's non-canon. It's probably just a parallel universe.

"Mutiny, Booty and Entropy"  - The Three Vices of the Frostelus

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

I'm guessing they're the kind of people who say that the Star Wars EU means nothing to anyone now...

Wait... the Thrawn trilogy's non-canon now?

(I blame Disney)

But still, I don't reckon G1's non-canon. It's probably just a parallel universe.

It's only non-canon until Thrawn gets a cameo in Star Wars: Rebels someday :)... Heck the purpose of declaring anything non-canon/alternate universe is so that the IP owner can rip-off their older work easily example:

Disney: The Expanded Universe is non-canon, now we put their stories into Rebels...

DC: The previous Batman films are an alternate story, so now we can make a movie of Batman versus Superman...

Lego: Gen 1 is an unrelated universe, so now we can use the six Toa without linking to their former back story...

Wait... the Thrawn trilogy's non-canon now?

(I blame Disney)

But still, I don't reckon G1's non-canon. It's probably just a parallel universe.

It's only non-canon until Thrawn gets a cameo in Star Wars: Rebels someday :)... Heck the purpose of declaring anything non-canon/alternate universe is so that the IP owner can rip-off their older work easily example:

Disney: The Expanded Universe is non-canon, now we put their stories into Rebels...

DC: The previous Batman films are an alternate story, so now we can make a movie of Batman versus Superman...

Lego: Gen 1 is an unrelated universe, so now we can use the six Toa without linking to their former back story...

It's not so much about ripping off their older work so much as being able to use it in new ways. The old Star Wars Expanded Universe, for example, would have SEVERELY limited the creative freedom possible for Episode VII, because so much post-Episode VI content had already been covered (some of it in a less-effective fashion than the movie series deserves). By decanonizing the lot of it, the series is free to go in new directions—some of which could potentially still draw from that old content. So your example (Thrawn appearing in Rebels) would be a possibility, but at the same time it's not a requirement, and if they did bring a character like that in they wouldn't necessarily have to stay true to that character's original context.

The same applies to Bionicle G2. The original Bionicle lore had become excessively dense for an ongoing children's storyline, especially one that had largely faded from the public consciousness after four years of inactivity. So Lego went with a back-to-basics approach that reinterpreted the foundations of the story without requiring an understanding of the original story to follow. Now Lego is free to draw from the "first-draft" G1 provides at their leisure, while still being able change or improve aspects of the classic story as well as being able to take the story in brand-new, unprecedented directions.

Edited by Lyichir
  • Upvote 3

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother