Who is your favourite Glatorian?

Toasty_One

So, who is your favourite Glatorian?

I think my personal favourite is Gelu. Mostly because I'm a big softie for the mercenary/caravan guard archetype, mostly thanks to "Berserk" haha. He's also the most aesthetically pleasing Glatorian set-wise to me. I love his head-piece and snowflake arm-guard thingys.

Anyway, discuss!

Edited by Toasty_One

Kenji_sigs.png

Malum all the way. I like his set a lot, especially the fire-claw things.

I remember completely jacking up his strength in Glatorian Arena so I could kill my opponent with like one "secondary attack" or whatever. Ah, it was great.

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

Vorox, skrall, Malum, and Ackar, as characters and people.

As sets, I really liked the sets that year so i liked all of them. :P

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

If we're talking character design, I'm probably stuck between Malum, Gelu, and Ackar. For all its overuse, I still like the way the Inika build looks.

If we're talking personalities, I'd probably say Malum or Strakk. They both went rogue, but for different reasons. I find them intriguing.

How well will you die?

I don't really have a favourite Glatorian. I never got to like any of them and their personalities. Doesn't mean I don't like Sahmad, though. In fact, I enjoy the Agori much, much more than the Glatorian themselves. One could say that Metus was a discount Ahkmou, but Metus comes across as a significantly more cynical character than the comparatively more innocent Ahkmou. 

< -< =<o>= >- >

Ha! I tricked you into reading my signature!

< -< =<o>= >- >

I don't really have a favourite Glatorian. I never got to like any of them and their personalities. Doesn't mean I don't like Sahmad, though. In fact, I enjoy the Agori much, much more than the Glatorian themselves. One could say that Metus was a discount Ahkmou, but Metus comes across as a significantly more cynical character than the comparatively more innocent Ahkmou. 

I wouldn't say Metus is a discount Ahkmou, but i would say he'd probably try to sell you a discount Ahkmou. o:

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

I'm attached to Ackar and Gelu, great designs and characters

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

I cant believe that i'm the 1st one to say that Mata Nui was my favorite set. I still wished his movie sword had existed as a official piece(not counting his 4-bladed shield), i felt the thornax blaster was a poor substitute for a shield with big gaps.

But his colorscheme was terrific, i wonder how people had reacted if he was warm gold instead of keetongu orange. 

Edited by ---Kopaka Nuva---
  • Upvote 1

qs3135.jpg

My favorite Glatorian was Mata Nui.  My first bionicle was a stone Bionicle, so I have a huge soft spot for the stone bionicle, and Mata Nui was the last good guy for stone (even though his element wasn't actually stone).  My only problem with him is that the Kanohi Ignika comes as a helmet and not a mask, so it doesn't work for the older bionicle with mask connectors on their mouth.  I do love the scarabax shield, though, because its design hearkens back to the old Three Virtues symbol.

glatorians that weren't actually glatorians:

- malum

- vorox

- stronius

- mata nui

- gelu

That's five out of twelve! In retrospect it was really weird of them to insist on the distinction between species-member and particular employment. Like, you can call someone an 'arena fighter' or whatever just fine. But for some reason we got 'glatorian' specifically for that and whenever talking about the species there was nothing to say like 'agori' or 'toa' or 'human.' Weird stuff.

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

Personality-wise, Kiina, Malum, or Mata Nui. Hard to decide which—all three showed potential but the story didn't last long enough to really deliver on that.

Set-wise? Strakk. He expertly changed up the then-trite Inika build to allow for a uniquely-satisfying posture and look.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Personality-wise, Kiina, Malum, or Mata Nui. Hard to decide which—all three showed potential but the story didn't last long enough to really deliver on that.

Set-wise? Strakk. He expertly changed up the then-trite Inika build to allow for a uniquely-satisfying posture and look.

Awh yeah, I loved that body build...

*annnnnnnd, cue awkward looks*

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Hmm. This is a hard one. I loved all of the characters of Bara Magna, so naming my most favourite ones isn't exactly easy. 

For Legends: Stronius (my first Bara Magna set) and Gelu (love his personality, and Raid on Vulcanus is an absolute classic).

For Regular Glatorian: Gresh, Malum and Strakk. They're pretty interesting guys all of them. Though the Vorox have a great design.

For Agori: Metus (another great character, with a vicious streak of self-serving cynicism and a sharp wit that Ahkmou [though Ahkmou's great] lacked), Raanu (he's a flawed but good man struggling against the odds), and Tarduk (Indiana Jones wannabe who got his own podcast).

For Titans: Tuma, because in the books he was a great villain with a great design, cunning and an excellent tactician but not a genius - I always found him the most realistic of the big bads. Toa Mata Nui was just a bigger, cooler, remake of Legends Mata Nui.

Vehicles: Well, I liked all of them, but I like Telluris and the Kaxium Duo (those two had a hilarious backstory) just a little more than the rest of them. Admittedly, Sahmad was the most well-rounded and engaging of all of the drivers.   

Anyway, all characters of the Bara Magna Arc were great. Maybe because the good guys were a bunch of picaresque (not picturesque) villagers and a far more suspicious and tougher race than the Matoran (though some did have notions of honour), while the bad guys were a lean and mean fighting force who made the more unpleasant good guys look like Toa Lhikan in comparison.

Edited by Erasmus Graves
  • Upvote 1

"Mutiny, Booty and Entropy"  - The Three Vices of the Frostelus

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

Malum. I have a soft spot for twisted characters who redeem themselves eventually. 

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

• 2 weeks later...

So, who is your favourite Glatorian?

I think my personal favourite is Gelu. Mostly because I'm a big softie for the mercenary/caravan guard archetype, mostly thanks to "Berserk" haha. He's also the most aesthetically pleasing Glatorian set-wise to me. I love his head-piece and snowflake arm-guard thingys.

Anyway, discuss!

gresh he was my first glatorion and i like the color green