Fate of The Dark Mirror Dimension

Last time we ever heard from this amazing alternate dimension, Tuyet, its ruler was killed and the matoran were leading a rebellion against the toa empire. What do you think happened? Did a new empire rise and take its place? Was the rebellion successful? Would toa still be guardians like the main universe or perhaps would another species take their place? 

*flips tie*

The rebellion worked, the universe is now ruled by a Matoran Democracy, there are no Toa, instead, Matoran in mech suits defend themselves.

What about Pohatu? Assuming he survived, he was part of the rebellion.

I believe Lesovikk survived too. And I think that any Toa who helped the rebellion would still be on the island helping out those that need them.

As for Tuyet's supporters, I imagine that the rebellion would've gathered up and had them imprisoned or taken off the island somewhere. That would be just my guess though.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

*The following is a paid advertisement sponsored by John McCain my personal explanation*

Metru-Nui is eventually freed by the coalition seen at the end of Dark Mirror and the remnants of the Toa Empire flees when the to elsewhere as the Toa are powerless without the aid of their God-Empress and her super-rock in the face of so many powerful foes. Matoran want to celebrate their victory and live in peace but others want to pursue the Imperial Remnant and finish the fight once and for all before the can regather strength. This creates division among the more aggressive and pacifist members of the Coalition. The two end up being split apart and one goes to battle and the other half stays behind to live peaceful lives. Makuta Teridax opts to stay at Metru-Nui to watch over the Matoran in case there is an attack at Metru-Nui, and he still toys with ideas of taking over the Matoran Universe and wants his eye on this key location. Krika, who has a good heart, goes with the remaining members of the Coalition to ensure the his world has a future and mentally notes that if Teridax tries anything he will use this alliance of powerful people and small army to help destroy Teridax, albeit reluctantly. Or, due to all that has happened, Krika might think teridax has gotten over his 'silly plan of his'. Now these two have gotten close since much of their race has been wiped out and they needed to stick to one another for survival (Teridax may have said otherwise but in the face of someone as powerful as Tuyet with an army of corrupted expert Toa he knows better). They are distant friends, forced to trust one another and have gotten to know one another, but Teridax creates distance by finding Krika's heart to be foolish and weak.

The Coalition finds out from civilian reports that the Toa Imperial Remnant are on Karzahni's Realm and go to hunt them down.They go to the location of where they had heard that the corrupted Toa were located, and the Coaliton member see the bodies of many Order of Mata Nui agents laying dead around the feet of a large figure (not knowing who the bodies were); the Order had gone there to deal with the evil Toa after spies had seen what happened at Metru-Nui's Colosseum  and reported their info. They find that the large figure is a Toa Nui of the remaining corrupted Toa, who fused to ensure their corrupted view of what is right is (keeping peace through tyranny). The presence of a Toa Nui inside of the Matoran Universe has caught the attention of Mata Nui, and decides he will act appropriately after the coming fights are done (because, you know, he's stupid about ruling a universe until his redemption in the prime reality). Try as they might, the Coalition members fall one by one before the might of this godly-powered titan. It ends up being that Krika is the last one surviving (even protagonists Lesovikk and Pohatu dieing), the two demigods putting up a good fight but it isn't enough. Makuta Teridax senses that Makuta Krika is about to die. Krika teleports to Metru-Nui and tells Teridax what he was fighting and that they must stop it. He tells him to absorb him and then absorb the energy supply of Metru-Nui (neither knowing the cranial importance of Metru-Nui in relation to the Matoran Universe and Mata Nui).

Here you can have a couple of possible routes, or time stream rather:

1. Makuta Teridax does as such, destroys Krika's consciousness or Krika allows his mind to fade, and then confronts the Toa Nui, the two having a battle of epic proportions and their places kind of switched around from the prime reality (Makuta kind of good and the Toa being bad). This either ends with Mata Nui teleporting the two out of the Matoran Universe for the damage they were starting to cause in his throat, or after tiring out the fusion demigod, the Master of Shadows absorbs the Toa Nui and realizes that with the power he has he can finally enact his plan. Mata Nui either teleports him out of his body, or somehow the power form the Toa Nui, an elite Makuta, and Metru-Nui's power is too much and he cannot do anything about it (not sure how that would work).
  2. Makuta Teridax does as such, keeps Krika around as a co-pilot and the two in one go to confront the Toa Nui. A battle of epic proportions occurs on the northern shore of Karzanhi. Having two sets of eyes helps in the battle and the battle is won much faster when compared to the long previous one. now, either Teridax concretes his classification as a jerk, crushes Krika's consciousness after the battle is won and absorbs the !oa Nui, leading to the variables of time-stream #1; or the two live together peacefully ina permanent Firestorm-state and Krika slowly turns Teridax back into a good guy and somehow are able to have some amount of light return to their body and over time abolish shadow; or Krika, fearing Makuta Teridax's potent for calculative malevolence, crushes his consciousness (after absorbing Metru-Nui's power) either before or after the battle with the Toa Nui,, where he possibly absorbs Toa Nui, maybe he doesn't, and where he is either praised by Mata Nui or is still either destroyed or teleported outside due to being over powered.
  3. Makuta Teridax, in a surprise redemption, sees that Krika is the one that the Matoran Universe needs to lead into a new dawn after this struggle, and persuades the noble Krika to absorb his lord. Krika does so, and either crushes Teridax's mind, Teridax lets himself fade,, or the two are co-pilots. big epic battle, blah blah blah, and Krika wins, and now Teridax either continues to be his co-pilot, crushes Krika's mind and does stuff from other time streams, or Teridax in a redeemed state lets himself fade away. Krika either kills the Toa Nui, forces the group to un-fuse and be imprisoned, or absorbs them and becomes the great guardian of the Matoran Universe, being a supreme demigod underneath the Great Spirit; or in a surprise twist Krika goes all Terry and tries to rule the world and Mata Nui deals with him.
  4. Toa Nui destroys both Makuta and is either destroyed by Mata Nui, exiled in space, or is too powerful, threatening to allow the fusion to live and do as it please lest it destroy parts of the universe (which due to Mata Nui's reaction might make the corrupt Toa realize that their whole existence is inside of a great tin-man).

So, how about that?

*flips tie*

The rebellion worked, the universe is now ruled by a Matoran Democracy, there are no Toa, instead, Matoran in mech suits defend themselves.

What about Pohatu? Assuming he survived, he was part of the rebellion.

I believe Lesovikk survived too. And I think that any Toa who helped the rebellion would still be on the island helping out those that need them.

As for Tuyet's supporters, I imagine that the rebellion would've gathered up and had them imprisoned or taken off the island somewhere. That would be just my guess though.

Oh yeah, sure: take the boring way! *mysterious fart noise* SNORESVILLE!

Edited by Sir Iaredios

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Just think of it like Star Wars. Emporer killed. Rebels win.

Everyone's happy until Kylo Ren comes along.

The End.

Unless you followed the Star Wars Legends continuity, where the Rebel Alliance had to then assault Coruscant in a giant battle (Galactic Empire fighting allied Rebels and revolutionaries on Coruscant), eventually ousting Imperial forces from the planet and declaring the establishment of the New Republic. Then the New Republic had to keep on fighting warlords who had taken control of imperial forces in certain areas around the galaxy until the Sith reemerged and ugly extra-galactic tree-hugging aliens invaded.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

I reckon that, after Tuyet's death, there's going to be a bit of a problem. Who's going to be ruler of Metru Nui and the universe? Turaga Dume would be an obvious candidate for Metru Nui, but the Makuta would probably have something to say when it comes to 'control of the universe'. After all, Miserix is imprisoned or dead at the hands of his own organisation (Tuyet's takeover presumably happened post-coup), and Teridax is head of the Brotherhood. He'll still be scheming, and doubtless has something up his sleeve when it comes to 'who' rules the universe.

If it was a grim-dark ending, the Makuta or the other rebels take over and (as so often happens in reality, sadly) become a dictatorship.

If it was a happy ending, the Makuta go back to Destral to do whatever super-powered chessmasters and pessimists (only Teridax and Krika left, remember) do in their spare time, and the Matoran establish a democracy.

Anyway, it's in Mata Nui's hands, not ours.     

• Upvote 1

"Mutiny, Booty and Entropy"  - The Three Vices of the Frostelus

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

The oddity of the Toa Empire Universe is that the Makuta never rebelled, and as such, Mata Nui never fell asleep. Now, if that never happened, Mata Nui should have returned to  Bara Magna a millennium ago, ala the alternate universe  in which Vezon met Tarduk. Which begs the question of why Tuyet still rules the MU. I can understand the Great Beings not wanting to release its inhabitants because of the evils of Toa Empire, but it seems odd that they'd stand idly by for a thousand years. You'd think they might send in Marendar or simply switch off all the Toa. Surely the likes of Angonce wouldn't let their innocent creations suffer under Tuyet's yoke?

Perhaps the Nui Stone debacle happened earlier, in that universe.

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

The oddity of the Toa Empire Universe is that the Makuta never rebelled, and as such, Mata Nui never fell asleep. Now, if that never happened, Mata Nui should have returned to  Bara Magna a millennium ago, ala the alternate universe  in which Vezon met Tarduk. Which begs the question of why Tuyet still rules the MU. I can understand the Great Beings not wanting to release its inhabitants because of the evils of Toa Empire, but it seems odd that they'd stand idly by for a thousand years. You'd think they might send in Marendar or simply switch off all the Toa. Surely the likes of Angonce wouldn't let their innocent creations suffer under Tuyet's yoke?

I'm pretty sure that it was established that time flows differently in different dimensions in Bionicle. Takanuva could have simply arrived before Mata Nui got to Bara Magna the second time and fixed everything, in theory. 

I could be mixing it up with the Paracosmos version in my head, however...

I'm pretty sure that it was established that time flows differently in different dimensions in Bionicle. Takanuva could have simply arrived before Mata Nui got to Bara Magna the second time and fixed everything, in theory. 

I could be mixing it up with the Paracosmos version in my head, however...

Nope, it does work that way. The problem is that the DM universe is established as running more or less concurrently with the main one:

"It was about 3,500 years ago now," said Takua, "Toa Tuyet tapped into the power of something called the Nui Stone, which gave her the power of maybe a hundred Toa. When Toa Lhikan tried to stop her, he got killed by her and his traitorous friend, Toa Nidhiki. And that's it. Tuyet took over Metru Nui and convinced the other Toa it was their destiny to smash anyone who posed a threat to the Great Spirit. That meant anyone from the Makuta, to the Dark Hunters, to Toa who didn't seem enthusiastic enough, and Matoran who didn't work quite hard enough."

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

I'd like to think that the Toa empire continued, with another Toa simply taking Tuyet's place after her death, and the rebellion getting imprisoned. I am fond of the idea of a Toa Empire universe still existing out there, leaving it open to a potential sequel if anyone ever wishes to visit that. 

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

I'd like to think that the Toa empire continued, with another Toa simply taking Tuyet's place after her death, and the rebellion getting imprisoned. I am fond of the idea of a Toa Empire universe still existing out there, leaving it open to a potential sequel if anyone ever wishes to visit that. 

Remember that there should be an infinite number of Toa Empires, each with a slight (or perhaps major) difference.  

We don't have to go back to that one.

• Upvote 1