The story of Toa Imrukii

Toa Imrukii

Before I begin, this is the story of the character who is my self-moc, this story I've been concocting for many years, just through thought alone.

Imrukii, that is the name of that whom challenged the Makuta Teridax, explored the unexplored, and saved Bota Magna from certain disaster. The hero to save all from total war, the one to challenge and ultimately defeat the Great Beings, the one to defeat the Zyglak race, and the one who sacrificed himself to stop the return of Makuta Teridax, and inspired the formation of the reformed Makutine and the eventual unification of Spherus Magna.

Chapter One: His Origins, and Discoveries on the Southern Continent.

A dark cloud lay over his conscious core, sensing a great deal of heat and warmth, yet seeing nothing but darkness, and feeling a strange mix of dread and comfort, he barely opened his eyes to the world, before the light faltered his new senses. He closed his eyes once more, feeling his arms, legs, body, and the mask on his face. He was born, to a world of mystery and greatness, little did he know about himself, he knew nothing of the world around him, who he was, or what he could do. Hearing his first words "Hello, Imrukii." his conscious entered the realm of the living, he was free from the limbo of unknowing, of fear, of dread. Imrukii rose from his position, opened his eyes to see a strange figure before him, this figure looked small and staunch, yet wise and somewhat caring. The figure held a strange staff, with a glowing red flame at the top of it. His mask was orange, with a tint of silver, and red. His body was draped in a strange cloak, with symbols so strange, yet so familiar.

A Ta-Matoran, he was built to work as a mask maker in Metru Nui, Not remembering how he got to this transport vessel, he dropped his head, and put his hands to it, a headache...? Arriving to his place of work, he found great sorrow in slaving away at the forge, for his work though slow and laboring, came out to be fantastic feats of craftsmanship, it was some of the best work seen in his time, in fact. However, though he enjoyed concocting up new mask designs, and the concept of creating such masks. He loved creating, it made him wish to make more, however the extreme conditions that he was exposed to were nothing short of terrible. He greatly disliked mask making for this one reason, and one reason alone. This made him want, no, need to be free, to explore the world. Not knowing much, he slaved away for months, perhaps even years, he didn't know, he knew nothing more that, how to make masks. Long, long, and longer time passed him by, day by day, thoughts raced through his head "Why was I born?" "When will it all end?" "will I ever be free?" He slaved away each day everyday to make new masks for more Matoran to come, and ones who already were alive. He would keep this grueling task going for years, as it were. On the day when he would have finally lost it, broken down, that day was the day where he finally was granted the chance to be free. The Turaga of Metru Nui at the time granted it to Imrukii. Imrukii helped so very much for everyone in Metru Nui. At his most open moment of freedom, he set out on the task to explore the newly discovered Southern Continent, he accepted this duty.

Carried via Air Ship courtesy of the then Turaga of Metru Nui, he arrived to the land of the south. Finally he thought, this would be his chance to do something meaningful with himself, with his life. He would come to discover much in the way of rich fertile lands, plant life of great variety, and great opportunity here, for all Matoran. His first day to this new land, he and his assigned a team of four other matoran from different walks of life form Metru Nui. One of these Matoran would come to be a dear friend of his. His name was Corsune, seemingly a Matoran of Fire, Corsune had a red body, dark red legs, black hands and feet, and a noble orange Kanohi Ruru. Two of the other three were less notable, a Le-Matoran who imrukii never got to know the name of due to their separate work on the land, this Matoran was all green with a teal Kanohi Kakama, the third one was a Matoran of stone who had dark brown limbs, a dark brown body, tan feet and hands, and a tan Kanohi Rau. The fourth one of the group was already a dear friend to Imrukii, This Matoran was named Talleth, he wore a noble green Kanohi Hau, had dark green limbs, grey hands and feet, and silver highlights. They set up camp in a small enclave close to the northern shores. On his second day, Imrukii and his team went out into the thick brush, for months they collected new plants, took soil samples, and made detailed observations of what they saw. "We saw the vast peaks to the south of us, looking as though they where chipped away from a vast expanse of volcanic stone, appearing to the east of us, we could spot a vast jungle of tall trees. looking as though it were a blanket of green. We could hear loud high pitched screeching from some Rahi, currently unknown to us". Exploring westward on the shores they could see two great volcanoes far from each other, but seeming equally as vast from where they were standing. Discovering a great expanse of wet rich heritable land, with vast marshes, a region of arid stone to the east of it, and a valley of cool dry air.

On his return to Metru Nui, he thought much of his life, what he wanted to do in life beyond just being a Matoran worker, he thought of the people he met. His thoughts raced back to the two other friends of his from Metru Nui, Kira (Keir-rah) a rebellious, yet lawful Matoran of Water who had a blue body, dark blue limbs, grey feet and black hands, wore a dark blue Kanohi Kaukau, and donned a trident and shield combo set, made by a skilled Protosteel-smith named Charaeu (Char-rou), a Matoran, who Imrukii didn't personally know, but an honorable one at his work, that much he knew. Then there was Zoark (Zo-Oark), seemingly a Matoran of Ice, Zoark held his true Elemental nature a secret for years, you see his kind, De-Matoran were going missing, believing either a Virus, or something else was to blame, he hid himself away from most. Living as a hermit for many years of his life, he decided to take up carving, it wasn't for him though. He enjoyed hiking quite a lot, but on Metru Nui he couldn't do this, due to it's blatant lack of any mountains and or hills. So he would often sneak away on cargo boats to other lands, lands that he didn't know of by heart to escape his life of isolation and cold.

It was then, Imrukii remembered, it was his place in this world, to do good, make others happy, and to rebel against all forms of Evil. On his return home, he found himself at a ceremony dedicated to him. Confused by this at first, he asked what was happening. He was told that he was to show the things he found, carefully he brought out each of the plants that he found, he taught of what he found with these new plants, though he didn't know much about the things he had found (they would have to be analyzed later), he moved on to the Rahi that he found, first starting off with the small ones, than moving on to the large and larger ones, He discover a miniature species of Muaka, three new species of Rat, twenty new insect species, thirteen of which were small, and the rest of which were larger species, one of these species being the Nui-Rama, another one being a species of non-electric lightning bug. on and on time passed until he was finally done with the ceremony, from there on many were inspired to explore on and to discover other lands. From there he was declared a great hero, he was granted the opportunity to live out the rest of his life on the island of Artakha. After much thought, he eventually accepted the offer.

The day he arrived, he was shown his new home, shown the local markets, he was given a new mask by Artakha himself, it was a copper Mask of Victory, a Huna specifically. He would don this mask later on in his life, during his great resistance against the Makuta Teridax years later. Prior to this, Imrukii wore a Black unpowered Mask of Conjuring.

Edited by Toa Imrukii

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

• 4 months later...

Chapter Two: The Others

The sound of rushing wind disturbed his senses, a strange light lay upon him, he found himself in the mouth of a cave high above the floor of the land below, the mountain, whom he did not know the name of. Zoark set up here for the night, he was to traverse towards the shores in sight of any cargo boats, or trade vessels to return him home. Hiking down the mountain, with his limited supplies, he focused on the think brush to his left on the way down the path of the mountain. He spotted a large fall of water, several kio away from him. In the air walking down the mountain he could here the sound of chattering birds and the soft sound of the wind brushing against his then Kanohi Ruru. Approaching down the hillside, he could see a vast path of plains and jungle before him, he walked with stride across the land, singing of the birds above, the insects below. The harmony of sound around him, for it was his element. He could feel a strange presence near him though. Stopping dead, he stood his ground, ready to strike down any attacker, there Zoark stand. But not to worry for his sake, for it was just a brakes monkey striding across the jungle floor. It gave him one good glance, a look of confusion lay on it's face, than it ran off again. Zoark thought of what a creature was thinking of him, seeing this white and black being, with silver as his accent. He brushed it off soon enough, such thoughts were trivial and pointless. Walking some distance away from the mountain, he stood on the shores of this strange land. He sat down and looked to the skies above, seeing birds flying in the wind and hearing the sound of water hitting the shores like an endless army of battering rams against the walls of a grand fortress. There he sat, just wandering through the thoughts in his humble mind. Alone, yet not alone, having the sounds of the wild around him filled him with happiness, to be in his element, such details most would overlook for other less divine things he thought. There he lay, on the shores of a land alien to him, yet so strongly familiar, there the lone De-Matoran sit.

Jumping down a long and large crevasse, Kira found herself balanced on a long pole of stone, in the lowest part of the Archives of Metru Nui. She saw the activity below her, unfazed by her height, she look upon the activity below. With astonishment, she saw the activities of the Onu-Matoran below her, and thought them to be humble, yet foolish. Foolish to strain their work for such a rather meaningless debt, she thought. Though her close friend Imrukii had risked his life for such a cause, she thought of not of what he found, but of the adventures he had there, with this it filled her with excitement, wanting to leave this place, to do something worthwhile. She wanted to burst out with these thoughts, that filled her with happiness. But, she kept herself silent, despite how hard it truly was for her. These thoughts filled her with the want and desire to do so much more than her meaningless duty to studying Protodermis. What more is there to learn about the very material that makes up everything around her? Even herself? She thought. She stand balanced upon the pole, her willpower greater than others before her, she thought. And others since. Sitting there, she thought of these vast walls, seeing manuscripts for rather trivial things, she thought. Meaningless, but with cause, she thought. She thought of Zoark, how she hadn't seen him for days. A thought raced in her head. Did he get himself lost again? The foolish naive guy, what a goof. She thought. Suddenly, she realized that the long pole she sit upon was lowering itself. Poised to strike, she for a second was. Realizing that it was clearly a worker below. As she was lowered down, the Matoran look to her with astonishment. The Matoran asked "H-How long where you up there for?" Kira responding by saying "Longer than you could endure." With a chuckle she looked on to the Matoran, who had a looked or worry on his face. Kira asked him what the matter was, he just sighed and walked off. Kira followed behind him. He looked really sad, and lonelier than any other Matoran she had know prior, even Zoark. This Matoran was physically weaker than his Onu-Matoran Brethren, he tried to lift a small crate of what she could only think of where tools. He dropped the crate, and whilst trying to return it's contents back which happened to be stones and metallic rock samples, he sobbed. With a bleat of pain. Kira for the first time saw true dread, and felt a strong sense of empathy fall over her. Though not wanting to get the attention of the other workers, she stayed quiet. She was, as he with all his strength lifted the crate again, before faltering, another worker took it from him and delivered it to it's destination.

Kira after some time of waiting, saw the Matoran fall on to his legs and sit down, with an heir of failure, and disappointment over himself. Kira approached him again. Sat beside him and said to him that something was up, he almost didn't flinch by her presence. He turned his head slightly towards her direction, then dropped it again, and let out a loud, painful sigh, almost a scream. She wrapped one arm around him, but he resisted for a moment, then realizing that it was the Ga-Matoran he met prior he asked her barely "were you studding me this whole time?" She responded with a yes, she had never felt such a feeling before, not quite love. But rather empathy. But in a way, is that not love? Absent to the emotion of Love, never being around it prior, she could only feel empathy for the Matoran who lay in her arms. She asked him for his name, in a brash yet non-offensive way he replied "Tu.." "Is that all?" Kira asked. The Matoran responded with a soft reply. "Yes" he said. Tu lifted his head to the ceiling of the caverns, and proclaimed "I have to get back to by work, thank you. Erm... But I didn't get your name? Um... W-What i-is it..?" Tu looked to her with a nervous look, and a feeling of intense dread. Kira replied with a soft smile. "Kira. That is my name". Tu looked to her and finished his thank you "Thank you... K-Kira. I hope we meet again, s-someday." Kira replied "Yeah, I hope so too. Erm, Tu.' She gave a soft chuckle, realizing the similarities between to two words she said in sequence. Tu replied with a soft chuckle, and said 'Whelp, see you around." Kira saluted him with a friendly smile and he walked off, with a weak grin across his face.

Corsune looked over his work desk, just thinking, pondering what he would be capable of doing that day, before he could think of an answer, an agitated voice shout his name. "CORSUNE!" Corsune jumped up from his post and faced his would be aggressor. It was an another Ta-Matoran, whose name he did not know truly. Everyone around him simply called him Bigs. Yes, Bigs. What can I do for you? "Don't you sass me you Rahi-Roach! You were supposed to have been moving those crates of Protodermis! WHO SAID YOU COULD LAZE AROUND HERE ALL DAY!!?! NOT ME, DREAD IT!" fletching the slobber off his mask, Corsune replied. "And, what got your Rahi all stuck up in a knot now? Nothing? DO you simply have an itch you can't scratch? I think they make a powder for that now. You should look into it" Corsune stood there in contemptment and strength over bigs. And replied "You know that I do have the high ground. Both literally and metaphorically, right?" Bigs face scrunched into an obtuse fixture, looking as though he had just eaten an extremely sour fruit, or as if he had just been struck in his gut. He let out a loud whale, jumped up and proceeded to try and fist fight Corsune. Though Corsune, who was defending himself, did not flinch. And in fact was only fighting off Bigs with one arm, pretty much having the other one tied behind his back. Bigs's movements were clumsy and awkward. Bigs soon found himself on the ground with his arms in a self made knot, corsune put one foot to Bigs' back, looked down and said quaintly "Are you quite done?" Bigs replied with a defeated yes. Corsune lifted his foot and Bigs lifted himself up. Defeated he stepped away silently. Corsune then asked "So, Bigs? Is that really your name? Or are you hiding your true name to sound strong or something? Compensating for something? Bigs?" Bigs responded with a soft reply. My name is Tiribomba. "Ah, Tiribomba." Replied Corsune. Now, is that really much to be compensating for really? Tiribomba turned away, and walked off. And whispered to Corsune. Just get back to your thoughts. And with that, Corsune sat back down and contemplated what he was to do that day. But, he couldn't shake the strange feeling that, what ever was Bothering, Tiri' was it something he could help? Then it came to him, he would monitor Tiri' for some time that day, in secret, as to not get detected. It was the perfect plan he thought. Look into what was causing him so much stress, and try to remedy his issue.

Edited by Toa Imrukii

pure_muscle.png

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter 3:

Sitting on the Shores, Zoark felt Isolation on this land, He lay his head down in the sand and rested. Not to long after, he heard a loud thumping sound coming from the forest. Worried he was in danger his got up, and decided to circle around the shores to map out this lonesome island. Hours, Days went by, and he started to feel like he really messed up, that he had gotten himself in such a stick as to need help coming home, fortunately he spotted a Cargo ship, less than half a kip away from him. He ran as quickly as he could, towards it, not to be detected. He found this ship to be an explorer vessel, or Steltian Origin. It was a trade ship, in search of new resources to grow and trade back home. Yes, Zoark thought, here he would board the ship, and travel on the next back to Metru Nui. After a few days of hiding and boarding, he made it back to Metru Nui, unscaved. He remembered the thumping sound, and wondered for a Monment what it was, he didn't dwell on it for too long though, as he returned back to his quarters, he noted a letter on his desk. Opening it up, it was a notice that read from that day forward there would be no more trade merchant ships to come to Metru Nui for a year, due to a trade conflict that arose between two groups. This worried Zoark, and he panicked, believing he was to blame, he hid away in his quarters for two days, until he could take it. His bizarre behavior did not go unnoticed, when he traveled to Ta-Metru, his presence was rather strange. He was eventually rounded up, and sent to Karzanhi to be confronted.

(more to come)

pure_muscle.png