What do you want to see in The Lego Movie sequels/spinoffs?

Alyska

So, The Lego Movie is getting a sequel, a Batman spinoff, and there's also Ninjago, which may or may not be in the same universe (multiverse?).

What would you want to see in any of these films?

My wishlist for Lego 2 so far...

• Bionicle anything.
  • Olivia from Friends as a Master Builder (she would build giant pink battle mechs and be best friends with Unikitty, and be animated with a silly hopping movement due to the lack of leg articulation)
  • Dumbledore and Gandalf being adorable wizard husbands. (That's right, I ship it.)
  • More musical numbers- especially Batman's, though Gandalf or Unikitty doing one could be great.
  • Finn playing with his dad and sister.
  • The appearance of a certain elf from Lord of the rings, in minifigure form, who is at some point separated from the lower half of his body. Introducing... Legless Lego Legolas!
  • The Twelfth Doctor annoying Batman. Preferably with electric guitars involved.

What would you like to see?

• Upvote 3

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

Hoo boy... lemme see if I can put together a list. I've thought about this a LOT, but never bothered to compile it all.

• The Lego Movie Sequel: Deals with Finn's "Dark Ages". If the Master Builders' creativity is an allegory/avatar for his own, what happens if he just stops playing with Lego? Lego Friends (and possibly Lego Elves?) is a natural inclusion, since Finn's sister will be getting up toward that age. So is Bionicle—which for many serves as a theme they get into as they're "growing out" of traditional Lego. It'd be nice to see Unikitty and Wyldstyle's relationship fleshed out, since it really only got one line in the previous movie. I'd also hope that maybe some of the Disney licenses unrepresented in the first movie (like Marvel Super Heroes, Disney Princess, Indiana Jones, Pirates of the Caribbean, etc.) could find their way into this—while obviously the Disney ownership could be a barrier, I'd hope that Disney would see the success of the first movie and the advertising potential that even a cameo could entail. Set-wise, I'd appreciate MetalBeard getting a redesign just so he's not the same figure as in the first movie's sets—perhaps he could get an upgrade to sky pirate?
  • The Lego Batman Movie: I really want this movie to deal with Batman getting his life together. While The Lego Movie ended on a happy note, it left Batman in particular in a very dark place—just starting to realize what a callous jerk he had been and how it had cost him his relationship with Wyldstyle. A return to Lego Gotham City is the perfect chance for him to pick up the pieces and learn to be a better hero.
  • Lego Ninjago: I mean, I'm up for just about anything (reboot, continuation, independent side-story, whatever)—but ideally I'd like them to try to maintain the characterization, musical themes, and voice cast from the TV show. I'd love to see the movie open with the Hollywood-ified Ninjago movie described in the "Enter the Ninjago" short, only for it to be revealed that the Ninjago characters themselves are watching it and have them leave disappointed that the movie totally missed the point of being a ninja.
  • A Bionicle movie could be cool, but I don't know whether they could make a whole movie that fit in the same universe (especially since it'd be hard to provide the requisite level of characterization with static, stop-motion-esque masks on all the characters).
  • I'd flip for a Lego Elves movie, but I don't know how likely that'd be. A Lego Friends movie might be more likely—I could see Lord and Miller putting together a hilarious one in the style of teen comedies like Mean Girls or High School Musical.
  • How about a theatrical Lego Star Wars movie? Yeah, I know the licensing could be a barrier, but with Disney trying to have new Star Wars movie every year going forward, I could see them trying to fit a humor-filled Lego movie into the rotation.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Lego Movie Sequel: A Bionicle mention that lasts more than a split second. :P

Batman Lego Movie: I would love to see two or three different Batmans get into an argument over something and then possibly get into a fight. That could lead into some funny scenes. :)

• Upvote 1

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Further exploration of the worlds and themes. For example, Middle Zealand will offer up all of it's different phases and interpretations such as the Fantasy Era, Knights Kingdom, Fright Knights, Wolfpack and maybe even a sprinkling of Nexo Knights. I'd be up for the inclusion of entirely different subthemes as well. Think Agents, more Ninjago and, yes, Bionicle.

< -< =<o>= >- >

Ha! I tricked you into reading my signature!

< -< =<o>= >- >

I'd like to see them visit Lego Island. Also Alpha Team.

And while we're at it, they ought to include Johnny Thunder and the Adventurers also. Between those three themes and BIONICLE, it would have everything I loved about LEGO when I was younger.

How well will you die?

• 2 weeks later...

For The Lego Movie 2, I would go with these ideas:

1. The Master Builders fighting against evil counterparts, who are their villainous enemies from their respective themes (perhaps called the Master Destoyers). For example, Joker=Batman, Saurman=Gandalf, The Shredder=Michelangelo

2. Have constraction figures appear physically. Including Bionicle and Hero Factory (Imagine Tahu and Stormer fighting immaturely to see who's better? LOL.:P).

3. Mixels to appear.

4. Having the Marvel characters to appear. Imagine Batman from DC and Iron Man from Marvel fighting each other to see who's better at using technology? LOL.:P

5. Having Clutch Powers and Chase McCain from Lego Coty Undercover video game to appear.

6. Characters from Legends of Chima and Nexo Knights to appear as more Master Builders (modernization)

If these are too much for #2, perhaps put some of them in #2 and save these ideas for #3, if #2 would be successful.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)