Dozens of 2016 Bionicle Images Added to cache.LEGO.com

i don't know why but i just really do not like tahu. he seems kinda top-heavy to me for some reason, i don't know why. too much gold, to boot.

i like lewa, but there's a bit too much silver on him. wish there was a bit more...other colors

pohatu is meh.

gali is probably going to be the "small" toa i buy, because she's the best looking one to me, and the one with the coolest looking "unity" to boot.

onua is cool just for the hammer alone. it looks so much better than last year's hammer. don't really dig the shoulders, but eh.

kopaka might be my favorite larger set...if not for the gold only in one place thing. i do not like that, he should have either been white/gold or silver/gold all the way, not partly one and the other. mask is awesome, though.

i like how the creatures have gear functions. Akir is probably my favorite because shark.

umarak is...interesting. i like how he looks like he's camouflaged, but beyond that he seems a bit...i dunno. i kinda like him, though. really do like how he combines with all the creatures, too.

shadow traps>skull spiders most certainly. i love all the 2016 masks and how they have the nuva symbols on them, and how all the torsos aren't single-parts any more. looking forwards to 2016 sets, even if some look kinda "meh" i probably will enjoy building the ones i get.

• Upvote 1

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

After looking at these sets as they progressed, I have a good thought of my final opinion. My opinion has definitely changed in a positive motion. I think most of the Toa are pretty nice, and I love the custom torsos, which surprisingly have some back coverage. Most of the masks look pretty nice, or just okay, and the new Swivel Function is going to be really fun.

Tahu has some neat flames swords, a great build, and an good mask. His color scheme has been doused with Trans. Redish Orange and Gold, which is really irritating, to be honest, and I guess Tahu didn't make up his mind on what texture he wanted, or should I say his designer. Gali has a nice build, but her legs are out of proportion, and I like how her asymmetrical armor is placed on the box (lower leg), but in the photos, it looks completely gappy, and a little bad. Her weapon is nice, and her colors are good, but I like the yellow from this year a little better than I like orange for 2016. I will be fixing her lower leg to where it will look like the Vorox Armor will look like it's a skirt, like someone on the TTV Message Boards was going to do for his revamp.

Pohatu is really nice, except for the colorscheme. I don't like the two different shades of green (I'm hoping it's a rendering error, like Anachir metioned), and there needs to be a lot more dark orange. I am happy for the addition of Brick Yellow (or Nougat?) His build's definitely improved, and I like his armoring better, I feel like they could bigger shells on the lower legs and arms. I hope the Vorox Armor is not only connected by one pin, as that would make it loose. His weapon is awesome, but the "Spear" is unnecessary, and I would rather it just be a "Boulder Wrecking Ball". Kopaka is probably my least favorite, as he has some meh armoring, somewhat generic weapons, and I guess he couldn't make up his mind on his color scheme, or should I say his designer. I like his Vorox Armor Build, as well as his new armor build for the lower legs, and I enjoy his recolors. I think his mask is probably the best part about him. It looks nice, and you have the option of changing the scope-eye to a different color (like changing it to Trans. Red, like in the movies). 

Lewa is extremely nice, as he uses some really nice custom lower legs and upper arms, he has a consistent color scheme, and his armoring is done really well. His weapons are really weird, and quite mundane, though, and his color scheme is the same, considering he doesn't have Keetongu Orange any more. Onua has to be my favorite, though. He has a really nice look to him, the skull ribcage and bulky armor making him look muscular, and the colorscheme being extremely consistent and really nice. His big "Shooter Jackhammer Drill" is really cool, and works extremely well with his Swivel Function. I also like his extra ammo on his lower legs, just like Kopaka and Umarak. His mask is nice, but it's not my favorite. Onua is also a great "parts pack" featuring some wonderful recolors, that actually look really good on him. He has a great build, and though I kind of miss the Hulk Chestplate, he still accomplishes the bulky look, in different ways.

Umarak looks really nice and meanicing. His colorscheme is nice, being different from the average villian, and he really has a nice aesthetic that makes him look like a hunter. His legs are a little bare in some areas, but I appreciate the custom build for the lower legs. His bow is nice, and I know I'm going to have a BLAST aiming and shooting the bow when using the swivel function ( Pun intended, HAHAHA). I like how he can unite with the creatures, and I really like that he has an armor piece on his back, though his arms are really low. Overall, Umarak looks really good. 

I won't give my opinion on the creatures right now, but I will say, I like most of them. Overall, I really like the 3rd Wave to the 2nd Generation of Bionicle. The sets look really nice, and I really enjoy the Technic Custom Torsos. I can't wait to get my hands on these sets, and I can't wait to add my own touches and revamp them. 

Vote in the 2016 Set Poll! 3 Votes Maximum. http://strawpoll.me/6685187/r

These are all looking great,though we'll have to see what they will be like in person and reviews.As a TFOL who doesn't have the money to get every set(especially considering other LEGO interests I have) ,Lewa seems to the my best bet for purchasing on account of re-usable parts.

For some other thoughts,Kopaka's mask looks...ugly,and none of the creatures are growing on me quite yet.

edit:My main problem with the look of Kopaka's mask is when it is viewed straight on.They're OK,but I feel all the multi-colored masks/creature heads limit MOCing potential.

Edited by Toa Jaton

Good to see clear official images. 

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

After spending hours poring over the leaked images in the months leading up to this, it's great to see the finalised, official versions. There's still a few things I'm not totally sold on - the three different browns on Pohatu, the weird blue Bohrok eyes on Tahu's feet, the out of place Metru Blue and Gold on Kopaka - but overall they're looking pretty good. 

I'm especially loving that they brought back the Vorox/Skrall shell, and all the creative uses they've found for it. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

...I wonder if we can rework Pohatu's gear function to work on his legs.

Not with the new torso piece. Like with the old torsos, the axle for the hips is molded into the torso beam. The only difference this time is that there's geared torso rotation right above that.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Good heavens the topic hasn't been alive a day and there's already two pages of replies.

Thoughts:

Maybe Ketar's species is what the Scorpios were made from?  They share the scorpion appearance and the lime color scheme.  Anyhow, I love how they're sticking with the desert scorpion theme for stone.  Obvious Nui-Jaga reference is obvious.  And wonderful.

Lewa's linked form is schweet.  I've always imagined him having dragonfly-like wings, now it's official.

Pohatu doesn't keep his boomerangs... ah, well.  Maybe I can pick up an original Pohatu on clearance somewhere.  That mace-flail thing is looking pretty gnarly though, so not a complete loss.

Gali, what on earth did they do to you?

Aw sweet, Tahu gets clockwork blades.

Kopaka's got one nifty chaingun.

Maybe Umarak is a Skull Warrior?  He uses the skeletal pieces and carries a bow.  Maybe he's a Warrior that broke loose of Kulta's control.

AND DO I SEE BIO-FREAKING-MECHANICAL CCBS SHELLS?

(w00t w00t w00t w00t)

Avatar by Nicholas Anderson (NickonAquaMagna)

My blog: The Jaga's Nest

Custom torsos and tons of recolors and new pieces.  As an avid MoC crafter, I am extremely enthused right now.

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

What's up with Ketar? He's got these weird blades that look like they're jutting from the shoulders. I'm also not sure why they made that the play feature instead of the tail, but who knows what the design team was planning. It's also cool to see the mistika find being released in a new color. I honestly find Ikir's talons oversized, I wish they were shrunken down to a smaller size. I don't know why Terak & Melum are designed to be similar to each other, but I do like the earth creature's transparent purple claws.

Unfortunately, all the toa have blended silver masks and they look out of place on some of the toa like Tahu, they could've just kept the masks with just one color. The new torso pieces are also a step down from the 2015 torso builds. Speaking of the toa of fire, he has way too much gold and not enough red. I'm not sure whether or not I like his weapon. I can say that his Hau resembles the Nuva form and I like that. Gali looks better with more blue than the 2016 set, not to mention the orange being the perfect color to use with blue. I have to question the practicality of a spinning wheel blade on end of her staff, but it looks alright. There's not much to say about her mask, it doesn't change anything.

The images don't provide a good enough view, but it looks like her shoulders are the same width as her hips. Lewa's leg design trades boring CCBS pieces for a creative build, creating his massive kneecaps and his weapon design reminds me of spinning tonfas for some reason. His mask doesn't do anything new, it just stretches out his jawline or chin, which is lame. It looks like Lego is slowly introducing shades of brown into the CCBS, we now have burnt orange, tan/brick yellow and sand yellow. I'm kind of peeved that Kopaka only has two dark blue bulky CCBS pieces.

Umarak could use a crimson CCBS on the back of his feet, but I think he looks just fine overall. I also like the dark tan bone pieces.

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

Mata Nui, these are so gorgeous :wub:  I'm gonna end up getting the entire winter 2016 wave it seems, because WOW :D

I love the updated Toa, I love how bulky and filled in and technic their builds are, I love all the colors, I love the diversity of parts, the Nuva symbols, the new masks, everything!

Edited by Pomegranate
  • Upvote 1

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

Mata Nui, these are so gorgeous :wub:  I'm gonna end up getting the entire winter 2016 wave it seems, because WOW :D

I love the updated Toa, I love how bulky and filled in and technic their builds are, I love all the colors, I love the diversity of parts, the Nuva symbols, the new masks, everything!

Yeah, I'm loving them quite a lot, also. My opinion is pretty much the same as yours and Aanchir's. I'd go as far as to say that this is my favorite wave of Bionicle, entirely. My brother also thinks that, as well. It is for these reasons that I'll probably order all twelve sets from the online LEGO shop as soon as they go up for my region, just as I did with this year's winter wave.

• Upvote 1

Does anyne else notice that Onua's mask went from elermental pakari and now has similar features to toa whenua metru's Great Ruru

Ruru

Kanohi_Ruru.png

Onua's new mask

mask http://cache.lego.com/r/dynamic/is/image/LEGO/71309_alt6?op_sharpen=0&resmode=sharp4&wid=4000&fit=constrain,1&fmt=png-alpha

On that note, I can't decide whether the Akaku is meant to homage the Akaku Nuva, or the Great Matatu.

Lego really needs to do more to protect their cache...

It's not private if it doesnt have any "do not redistribute" or "confidential" stamps on them, or aren't blurry, so these are pretty much fair game.

The cache images are what the company uses for Lego Shop@Home and product webpages.

They may not have published them yet, but it just takes skilled online sleuthing. 

Edited by ---Kopaka Nuva---
  • Upvote 1

qs3135.jpg

Onua's mask does look like a cross between the Pakari and the Ruru, further bolstering my probably-flawed belief that the masks are designed with multiple years of Gen 1 in mind.  Gali's mask looks more like the Great Rau now, and Lewa's mask seems to be taking some cues from the Miru Nuva.

Speaking of masks I am greatly disappointed to see no stud-shooting feature on Kopaka's mask.  How is he supposed to express "so surprised that my monocle popped off" without that feature?

• Upvote 9

OpAXNpl.jpg

Pohatu - Awful colour scheme.

Lewa - Simple and effective. Could have done with some yellow in his build. Mask looks great.

Gali - A boring weapon. But the colour scheme is interesting.

Tahu - Bland set really. Not a fan of his weapons.

Onua - Oh god... so ugly

Kopaka - I really like this set. Different coloured lower arm armour would have made this really good.

Umarak - Cool, could be done a little better I feel.

Overall Toa: VOROX ARMOUR IS BACK! I don't like the half-silver masks.

Overall, I'm not too happy with. Hopefully they grow on me.

index.jpg

Twitter: @enkindle_this

Are they going "oldschool" ? They seem to make the ccbs system more like the metru nui building system which is awesome!

I am sorry for all grammar errors.

If i dont response to any important posts pls message me.

My BZPRPG Profiles are:

Izen [Toa] [Pakari] [Iron] [Smith,Wanderer,Warrior & more]

Aum [Rahi] [Bird] [Companion of Izen]

Edan [Toa] [Volitak] [Sonic] [Thief and Asassine]

Koyo [Matoran] [Sanok] [Plasma] [Travelling Merchant/Cook]

Placeholder [Species] [Kanohi] [Element] [Quick Info]

Are they going "oldschool" ? They seem to make the ccbs system more like the metru nui building system which is awesome!

I'm not quite sure.  It looks like they're still using CCBS skeletons and shells, but there's a lot more pipes and pistons decorating them.

Tahu: I... don't like him, he's way too top heavy and his mask looks a but odd, his weapons are also strange. However his unity form does look awesome.

Kopaka: my favourite of the large Toa, his weapons are good and he has a really cool looking build, and while the two gold pieces look out of place, they help balance out the gold distribution when in unity form.

Onua: he's alright, I like him more than I did in previous images and his mask is growing on me, but I don't like his staff, it just looks odd to me.

Gali: started out as my 4th favourite when the first images came out, now she's my favourite of these new Toa. Although I'm generally not one for asymmetry, and it doesn't make sense for a water character, I do like how it looks on her and think the orange looks very good on her. She also has a great mask and interesting weapon.

Pohatu: Pohatu was my favourite, now he's my 4th favourite. His thigh armor looks two short, his mask is a different shade of brown, his shoulder design looks odd and he appears to have two shades of trans lime green. His weapon is cool though and he has a boulder again!

Lewa: I like Lewa, he's probably my 3rd favourite. He has a cool design and his colours are good. His mask is alright and I'm beginning to like his weapons.

Ikir: looks cool, ok build, good colours, odd feet and the wings flap which is nice.

Terak: Terak's alright, looks a bit like a protector with big hands and small legs, they should've done an Ussal Crab for the CoE though. Looks like his function makes his arms move.

Melum: just a smaller Terak, nothing to say really, shame they couldn't make a more unique creature for the largest set.

Akida: this one looks to be the most substantial creature, very technic-y. This is probably my second favourite creature and in some ways has two functions (the stud shooters and ability to move those and the fins for untiy mode)

Ketar: looks alright, tail's a bit odd but other than that it's a good build. From the looks of it the function works by swinging the tail to make the arms move.

Uxar: my favourite of the creatures, I really like the look and design of this one. Some people seem to reckon it's an insect, but I personally see it as a humming bird. Wing flapping function like Ikir, nothing new there, though Uxar's wings look better.

Umarak: looks very cool, I really like the mask and the antlers are a nice touch. The bow and 'hunting knife' arrangement makes a lot of sense. His build and colours look good, asides from the lower legs. The Mask of Control is not as good as I'd hoped, though, I preferred the version in the earlier preliminaries.

Shadow Traps: way better than Skull Spiders, shame there aren't more of them.
Final thoughts: Nuva symbols, G2 Rahi, Unity mode is great, why do the creatures all have the same head? Crystals have some significance, more custom builds, spare ammo holders for stud shooters, return of Skrall/Vorox armour, cool new blade piece, better mask pop-off function.

kIxt3.gif 0xeKp.gif  OFIDc.gif  RbAEL.gif

http://dragcave.net/user/Virid

Wasteland RPG Characters:

Zavarix | Keristary

Has anyone else noticed that all of the Toa's weapons seem to be staff-based?  With the exception of Tahu and Kopaka, all of the team wields pretty long, staff-length blades.  And Tahu and Kopaka have long hilts sticking out of their swords, so they're getting in on the trend too.

EDIT:  With the hilts on Tahu's blades, one of the swords ends with an axle, the other with a connector piece.  Kinda looks like he can put them together for a Darth Maul-style weapon.

Edited by evil_jaga_genius

Has anyone else noticed that all of the Toa's weapons seem to be staff-based?  With the exception of Tahu and Kopaka, all of the team wields pretty long, staff-length blades.  And Tahu and Kopaka have long hilts sticking out of their swords, so they're getting in on the trend too.

EDIT:  With the hilts on Tahu's blades, one of the swords ends with an axle, the other with a connector piece.  Kinda looks like he can put them together for a Darth Maul-style weapon.

that's also why there Toa look so tall and weird, they're all just rahkshi in ill-fitting Toa suits! O:

Edited by Rahkshi Lalonde
  • Upvote 2

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

I'm digging these sets! I didn't like how some of the Toa last year looked a little blocky... (Tahu mainly) and I like how the inclusion of more technic-looking pieces has solved that issue. The combining feature is also wonderful, and also a step-up from the Protector combiners we got. Lewa is my favorite, but I do think his arms look just a little too short. Other than small issues here and there, this is a very strong wave. Can't wait to find these in stores!

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

Summary of thoughts: 

Uxar: This buddy fires up what little sensibilities for the term "cute" I have left in me, which is very little. It appears that he was intended to produce an affectionate response. 

Ketar: This Creature has too many limbs. Or too much limb weapon. 

Akida: 

23289133855_9efe3a809a_z.jpg

Ikir: He looks ferocious. Tahu's going to have a time of it. His head position fits the mask the best. 

Terak: Korgot's oh-so-cute companion. (Plus she has purple and gold combined tastefully, which is more than can be said for some other sets. *cough* 2015 Onua *cough*)

----------------------

Lewa: I like the tasteful combination of green and silver. I'm just not a fan of that mask much, and the torso is a little over-the-top. Still, probably the best of the group.

Pohatu: This set has too many colors. I like the staff and the return of the kohlii ball, however.

Gali: The mask on this set ruins it for me. Probably the best creature combo of the group, because the gold mask gets rid of the ugly mask.

Tahu: This set looks ferocious and aggressive. Combining him with Ikir restores him back to his regal Tahu-ly state.

Onua: I actually like this set - the trans-purple draws me in. I also have an interest in that hammer's construction.

Umerak: Someone gave Tuma a bow.

Kopaka/Melum: I think the gray they used on the top of all of the Toa's standard masks looks ugly...except it doesn't look bad with white. So Kopaka looks really cool. The ice blue on gold looks good too.

Melum is pretty good, if a bit scrawny. He feels like a dupe of Terak in different colors, though.

-------------------------------------

Anyway, I will have to see prices before I make my final decisions.  Mixed bag, but a good one for the mixture.

Ohmygoshilovethis

Highlights
-New builds? Look at Pohatu. There doesn't seem to be the usual CCBS Build
-Nuva Symbols
-New Vorox Armor and Shoulder Armor
-Recolors
-New Gear Functions

That's what I picked out of this. There's probably more

I'm currently in the process of rewriting G2. PM me if interested.

Feel free to follow the blog! (https://spiritofokoto.tumblr.com/)