"Most impressive is the AT-RT, yes?"

-Yoda

No deeplink, because I couldn't get the filesize below 100KB whilst still keeping the picture at a respectable quality. Anyway. As you may have guessed, this is for BBC 72. I was kind of stumped for ideas, having decided against doing any actual characters early on, then having rejected the possibility of doing lightsabers because I couldn't be bothered to Bricklink all the coloured pieces I'd need for the blades since Christmas is coming up and I still need to buy the overwhelming majority of my presents. (Oops) Then I came up with the idea of building an AT-ST. Again, I quickly decided against that as I couldn't be bothered to build the entire cockpit- which is where the AT-RT came in. As a light walker, I knew it would be easy to build. Plus, I couldn't help but see the resemblance between the plate on the front and this piece.

Comment, criticise, and may the Force be with you, always.

Gallery

Edited by Kylo Ren
  • Upvote 5

VBWj75sh.png

Nice work! :) It's cool to see not just a vehicle but a vehicle from the prequels! Bionicle and Technic pieces work really well for this. You did a great job constructing the AT-RT accurately, from the big open cockpit to the small legs and bigger feet. The combination of new and old pieces also works very well; things like the wing pieces on the sides of the cockpit work well to cover the interior, while things like the Toa Mata arms in the back of the cockpit work well to give the model its shape. The several splashes of red, blue, and green color are also well-suited for a Lego Star Wars MOC; Star Wars vehicles and Lego Star Wars sets themselves often have bits of color that make the vehicle or MOC more visually interesting.

Good work and thanks for posting it! :)