Favourite Bionicle Book, Serial and Biocast?

What is your favourite Bionicle Book? (Novels, Encyclopaedias, Guides etc.)

What is your favourite serial? (Eg. Federation of FearBrothers in Arms ,Empire of the Skrall, etc.) 

What is your favourite Biocast? (E.g. Dark Mirror, Sahmad's Tale, etc.)

"Mutiny, Booty and Entropy"  - The Three Vices of the Frostelus

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

Book: Maze of Shadows or Time Trap (best writing and characterization, in my opinion)

Serial: Dreams of Destruction (the only serial with an actual red thread and a story that began and came to a conclusion within the serial itself)

Biocast: Riddle of the Great Beings (works quite well as a standalone story, and isn't as convoluted as many of the other podcasts and serials were)

Edited by Toatapio Nuva

1. For books, it would be either Time Trap or Downfall. Time Trap was an amazing end to the Metru Nui arc of the story. It gave closure to Vakama, hints about the OoMN, and showed us what Makuta could truly be capable of for the first time. It also gave us a closer look into the Dark Hunters, especially with the introduction to The Shadowed One. But probably my favorite part of it is the showdown between Vakama and Makuta at the end. Seeing Vakama become the Toa he is throughout this arc in the previous novels made this standoff so much better IMO. He truly feels like a developed character in this book, which is a reason why its one of my favorites.

As for Downfall, it was probably the heartbreaking novels out of the entire Gen 1 series, particularly towards the end. Everything from Matoro saying goodbye to his fellow Toa Mahri for the last time to him putting on the Ignika to give his life to safe the universe, it was all really well written IMO. Those last few pages about Matoro before he died are still some of my favorites out of any of the novels. Nuju giving his own thoughts at the end about him, eventually calling Matoro his friend, added to this scene even more. The Ignika series had showed Matoro becoming a great over the course of its run, and Downfall brought to a great conclusion. 

2. Federation of Fear, hands down. Seeing Brutaka, Vezon, Roodaka, Spiriah, Takadox, and Carapar (and later Lariska) all on one team was a brilliant setup IMO. Just seeing Brutaka back to being a good guy alone was a great reason to read this. But we also see the interactions between the different characters, characters that would probably never interact under normal circumstances. Like Roodaka and Vezon, for example. Where else would you see them working together, willingly or not? Another reason I love this serial is that you can read it on its own without having to be caught up on another serial to understand what's going on. There really weren't any crossovers in this serial, and while those were sort of cool in the serials that did have them, it also kind of made it difficult to follow said serials. FoF didn't have this. It stands on its own, storywise, and that makes me love it even more.

3. Dark Mirror. While alternate universe stories aren't my favorite, this biocast had the best Bionicle one IMO. Having only one character we know, Takanuva, go into this different Metru Nui, ruled by an alternate Tuyet, was really cool. Actually, it was really neat seeing how Metru Nui could be run by Toa who used a different set or rules to enforce their laws. Plus, like FoF, it stood on its own as its own story. Though with it being in an alternate dimension, that would be a given. :P The showdown between Takanuva and Tuyet was also a fitting end for the series. Having one of the darkest deaths in the history of Bionicle at its conclusion probably persuades me to think that though. :P

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

1. Time Trap without a question. I think both it and Vakama benefited greatly from him being the central character of the book, and isolating him gave us some fascinating confrontations with some of the most powerful entities in the Bionicle universe.

2. Federation of Fear was pretty good.

3. Dark Mirror. Again, I think it and Takanuva both benefited a lot from him being the central character; his isolation in a dark, twisted version of the universe we had come to know (before the alternate dimensions immediately became an overused trope within the Bionicle series) was fascinating.

Book: Raid on Vulcanus or Time Trap. You see, Raid was a traditional Seven Samurai/Magnificent Seven style story but was well-written, had strong characterisation, gave an in-depth look at the Bara Magnan culture, and gave many of the Glatorian, Bone Hunters and Skrall their finest portrayals. You all know why Time Trap is here as well. In the end, I'd probably have to say Raid on Vulcanus  because I don't own a copy of Time Trap and haven't read it for a long time.

Guide Book: Bionicle: World. The indispensable guide to the MU (though I wish they'd included Stelt as well. And it's the only one of the guides I own.

Serial: That's a tough one. It comes down between Federation of Fear (a true classic, a bunch of misfits, malevolent maniacs and madmen all band up to free a Makuta) or Empire of the Skrall (gave a fascinating look into the Skrall, their past and their modus operandi. Also, it had Tuma, Stronius and Branar in it, and they're all interesting characters). I think... Federation of Fear. Yep, that's a good 'un.

Biocast: Hmmm. There are a lot of good ones. Into The Darkness, though not great, tells us what Matoro and Teridax are up to in the Pit. Dark Mirror is the best alternate universe story, and poses a lot of moral questions for Takanuva. Destiny War is a massive epic that informed us on the happenings outside Karda Nui, and it did it with style. Sahmad's Tale is a vengeful lament to the fallen dead. Riddle of the Great Beings comes closest of all to solving the questions that those and Bara Magna and the MU are asking, being standalone and full of snappy dialogue and interesting characters. I'd have to say... Dark Mirror, Destiny War, or Riddle of the Great Beings. All great stories.

"Mutiny, Booty and Entropy"  - The Three Vices of the Frostelus

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf