Volver a comenzar

Dogbert

Volver a comenzar

Toa of Earth

Onua woke up in a dich without any recollection of how he got there. The Toa got up and picked up his hammer. Despite its size it felt light in his right hand. Somewhat surprised he wasn’t hurt he started walking towards a golden glimmer in the distance. The sunset’s light reflected on his black armor, not so much in his golden one. Looking around Onua realized he had landed on the side of a mountain. He was walking on a well-crafted road, although the right side abruptly ended in a steep fall. Looking up and to the left revealed the ruins of a once formidable fortress. He made a mental note to explore them once he figured out what was that glimmer that almost seem to be calling him. Reaching his destination, he found the source of the attraction: A golden mask with the same shape as the one he was wearing lay on the ground; Looking closely revealed that the soil in contact with it shifted ever so slightly. Intrigued, Onua leaned to pick up the mask, but a yellowish green flash landed on his face, knocking him on his back and popping his Mask of Earth off his face.

Overtaken by the strange creature, he received a terrifying vision of himself and other eleven figures being consumed by spiders and scorpions whose bodies resembled a skull. However, he was faced by a gigantic, jet black arachnoid that lunged onto him and crushed him with brute strength rendering him unconscious. He woke up again in the middle of the night. His body was covered in bruises and he felt weak, for he was mask-less. Luckily for Onua, his Mask of Earth lay next to him. He put it on, and while the pain still remained, he now was able to stand up. Discovering that the night had no adverse effect on his vision, he read some words written on the earth: ‘Skull Spiders’ and ‘Our Lord’. There was no sign of the Golden Mask. Managing to connect the names with the creatures from his vision and the ones who attacked him, he wondered why they would need a mask. Feeling uneasy about the whole situation, he decided to find some place to think and sleep. Just as he made his way to the ruins on top of the mountain, he heard a female scream tearing the night. Unaware that he was taking his first step towards becoming a hero, Onua split his hammer into the Turbo Shovels and began digging downhill.

Toa of Air

Lewa closed her eyes and relaxed. Despite being in the middle of a battle, she needed calm to sense any changes in the air. Soon enough, a blue scorpion that looked like a skull with legs launched towards her. She blocked him somewhat easily, but it felt like it was becoming stronger every time… or she was getting weaker? Unwilling to think about it in the middle of a fight, and with her only desire being getting that Golden Mask, she flew directly to the shiny object that radiated power. However, she was too distracted to notice that the scorpion had climbed up a tree and ambushed her just as she was touching the mask. It lunged to her head, trying to take off the mask she was already wearing and it would have succeeded if it wasn’t for a black and purple figure with claws that threw the scorpion away:

“Thanks” said the Toa of Air “I don’t know you… but thanks. Look, see that shiny mask over there? I want it, but that crazy skull with legs won’t let me take it”. Onua just nodded and slammed his claws together. The blue scorpion came back and looked to the two Toa. It looked like it had some doubts, but it quickly prepared for battle: “Ok, you distract it and I’ll get the mask” Lewa whispered. Their plan would have worked, but the green scorpion that the Toa of Earth fought in the evening returned and ambushed Lewa. The Toa of Air retreated "More of those things" muttered Lewa "Why do they want the masks?"

"Evil" said Onua grimly

"Well, then I won't feel bad when we beat them" said the green Toa. The two tried to attack at the same time, but they weren't synchronized and they ended up getting in the way of each other. As they became more tired, the scorpions changed their strategy: They grabbed the Golden Mask and fled. Without enough energy to chase them, the Toa sat down "What a strange day" said Lewa and lay down. She looked to the black Toa. She could barely make out his silhouette in the dark, but she still felt safe by his side: "I know we didn't beat them, but... Thanks for saving me" said with a smile. Onua didn't answer, still, Lewa imagined him smiling: "You have a name, big guy?"

"Onua" said the Toa of Earth, unsure of how to speak to her new companion

"I'm Lewa" said the green Toa. She put her hand on his broad shoulder "Maybe today we lost the mask, but I gained a friend. I will stay with you Onua" She hugged him "And maybe then we will have a good team strategy" she joked. Onua laughed deeply and stood up:

"I found some ruins" he said "We need to sleep"

"Ok, but try to find a place with a roof" she said. They climbed slowly, still hurt from the fight, but once they reached the road it became much easier. "Fancy place" said Lewa seeing the ruins "A small garden, some curtains and it will feel like home" She jumped high in the air, looking at the full size of the site. She felt her body give away and she plummeted from the sky, but luckily Onua cached her: "It's big, nearly all of the mountain top. Feel like exploring tomorrow?" She yawned and fell asleep.

"Such a curious person" thought Onua. He looked around the ruins for a while. The darkness didn't affect his sight. He soon found a small room that seemed to once have been some guard’s quarters. He placed Lewa on the only rock bed bunk, sat beside her and doze off.

Toa of Ice

Onua and Lewa woke up to the sound of a fight. They grabbed their weapons and headed outside. The rising sun threw its shine on strange ice fragments that littered the side of the mountain:

“If I had to guess, we’re not the only ones with a rough start” the Toa of Air joked. Onua nodded with a smile and pointed to a series of ice blocks that went into the jungle. The two followed the trail for a while, somewhat hopeful that they would find a new friend: “Ok, so you control earth and I control air. Whomever we find will use ice… so, how many of us will be?” Lewa wondered aloud:

“Six” answered Onua. “One for each element” the green Toa looked at him curious “I saw it on a dream” added the black Toa.  Further ahead the trail split in two. Onua stopped for a moment, suspecting something strange, but Lewa simply carried on to the left path jumping on the trees’ branches. A bit annoyed, Onua followed the right path. It didn’t take long for him to confirm his fears: A white mask lay at the end of the trail. Just as he picked it up he heard Lewa screaming in pain. He split his hammer in two, put on his claws and dug with such skill it appeared as he was swimming in the ground. He quickly reached the Toa of Air’s position, she was barely standing. On front of her was a white and blue being with golden armor. However, her mask was replaced with a silver skull scorpion that clung firmly to her face. Next to her were the familiar blue and green scorpions, guarding a golden mask with the same shape of the white one Onua found:

“I know, I know, I was reckless” said Lewa reading her weapons “You can give me a lecture once we free this fella”

“Free me?” replied the possessed Toa with a grim voice “You are the ones that will join my sister. With your Toa powers finding the rest of the Golden Masks will be no problem”

“We will not let evil hold such power!” answered Onua, He thrusted his Turbo Shovelers into the ground, causing a big fissure that headed towards the white Toa. She dodged with a jump and with blinding speed threw her spear to the black Toa and barely missed. She quickly launched herself to Onua, who blocked her

“The silver Skull Spiders have amazing speed. Combined with the power of this Toa, you’ll be no match for me… as your friend will find out”. Lewa had flew to grab the Golden Mask before the other scorpions made a run with it, but the possessed Toa appeared in front of her and froze her solid. She put her foot over the frozen one: “A single hit and your green companion…” Where are you?!” Onua had disappeared, digging silently below the ground. His surprise hit to the white Toa’s face knocked away the silver scorpion. Knowing they couldn’t face three Toa at a time, the silver one grabbed the Golden Mask and fled with its companions in hot pursuit. The Toa of Ice nearly passed out, but Onua kept shaking her, yelling

“Save Lewa!” He put the white mask on her face, hoping that it would give her strength. Surely enough, the Toa instantly felt reenergized and with a simple hand gesture freed the green Toa from her icy prison. The black one rushed to help her on her feet:

“I’m fine, I’m fine… Thank you” she said with a smile and hugged Onua. The white Toa picked up her spear and prepared to leave, but Lewa interrupted her “Wait! Who are you? Are you okay?”

“My name is Kopaka” said the Toa “I’m hurt, but I will be okay” she turned her back, but the green Toa put a hand on her shoulder:

“Let me guess: You landed here and found a shiny mask, but a skull with legs attacked you” Kopaka didn’t answer “He went through the same… Onua here saved me from the blue one”

“That makes two of us” she turned to Onua “Thank you, Onua, but I’ll be on my way”

“Oh come on” replied Lewa and jumped in front of her: “Look, I’m sorry for what happened to you. I can’t imagine what is like to be controlled by those things…”

“Horrible” said the Toa of Ice

“I bet. Thing is, I don’t think that any of us can make it alone”

“The spiders use unity for their evil deeds, but we can use it as a force of good” said Onua. Kopaka remained silent for a moment

“Fine. I’ll travel with you. But first I need a place to heal, and you too, Lewa. Being frozen is not good for a body not used to the cold”

“I’ll be fine” said the Toa of Air and immediately collapsed from her wounds “If someone carries me back to our base… Onua?” The Toa of Earth smiled and picked her up. With Kopaka now on their side, they began climbing the mountain as the sun shone through the leaves.