Twitch Tuesday

Black Six

16 hours ago, Chronicler06 said:

Oh, and I just remembered that you needed 1,000,000 studs to purchase the x2 studs "Dwarf's Bounty" red brick you got from the Lord of the Rings hub world, and I think you've likely surpassed that by now, so the next time you return to Lego Dimensions, the very first thing you should do is finally purchase that red brick, which will make it easier to reach "Rule Breaker" in all of the levels.

Good call, I'm pretty sure I was around 1.2 million studs, so that seems like a good buy.

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty good progress this week. The last of the (unlocked) Rexplorer worlds completed and some significant progress done in Apocalypseburg. Not to mention, everything there is to be found in the blue relics are now unlocked, so that just leaves a few more characters to be found with those purple relics, then you won't need to bother with opening anymore relics (though you should still continue opening chests to collect those special building bricks that I mentioned in the chat).

So for the total amount of progress left to go, there are (including Apocalypseburg) six worlds in the main system (each with 50 master bricks to collect in total), plus Syspocalypsestar for all those big builds, and finally that last bonus world in the Rexplorer system. I think you might be able to have this game fully completed by late December or early January, depending on how quickly you can get through each world (unless if it turns out you needed to scan all those objects for 100% completion, in which case it could take quite a while longer).

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.

Finished one world and had just barely enough time to complete another world, both of which were the larger main system worlds. At this rate, I estimate it'll take probably three more sessions to complete this game, so I guess there will be another poll sometime next month for the next Lego game (besides Dimensions) to play. I already have an idea for that, but I'll wait to explain it later, as there's quite a bit on the subject I've thought about and would like to mention.

Anyway, with the last remaining characters unlocked (except the ones that must be purchased in a shop), there is now no need to bother collecting or opening any more relics (from my experience, the number of each relics you can collect max out at 99). Of course, you should still make sure you open chests to collect the special build bricks offered in each world. I don't know how many of each kind you'll need for all of the big builds, so just make sure you collect as many as you can.

As for the upcoming poll on Lego Dimensions, I mentioned that with all the Year 1 Level Packs now done, I suppose it makes sense to next move on to the Year 1 Team Packs (consisting of two characters and their respective vehicles). From what I've looked up, there are a total of four such packs among the Year 1 content (DC Comics, Ninjago, Scooby Doo, and Jurassic World), and I'll reveal my choice among those after I vote in next week's poll.

Well, aside from that one excessively frustrating quest to just take a picture of something, progress in this week's steam went rather well. I don't recall ever having a problem like that back when I played this game, so hopefully you won't encounter anything like it ever again.

As for next week's Lego Dimensions stream, I decided to vote for Jurassic World. With all of the Year 1 Level Packs now completed, I think moving on to the Team Packs next might be a good idea, and among the four I had listed in the previous post, Jurassic World has the most new stuff to offer in just one pack. Among the new abilities you'll get is Owen Grady who can follow tracks and cut through vines, the ACU Trooper who can use electrical switches without needing to use an Elemental Keystone, and the Gyrosphere vehicle that can use ball switches. Of course, since there's no more special levels to play, you'll have to select and travel to the correct hub world after you've summoned the characters (and built their vehicles as well).

Also, since Jurassic World consists of just one pack, it might be a good idea to have some various other packs set aside if you have time to spare for additional things. Some possible options might be the Doctor Who Cyberman from Wave 3, the Ghostbusters Slimer from Wave 5, or simply arrange to have your current saved game finally recognize the vehicles built for the Wave 4 characters (Aquaman, Superman, and Ghsotbusters Marshmallow Man).

16 hours ago, Chronicler06 said:

Well, aside from that one excessively frustrating quest to just take a picture of something, progress in this week's steam went rather well. I don't recall ever having a problem like that back when I played this game, so hopefully you won't encounter anything like it ever again.

As for next week's Lego Dimensions stream, I decided to vote for Jurassic World. With all of the Year 1 Level Packs now completed, I think moving on to the Team Packs next might be a good idea, and among the four I had listed in the previous post, Jurassic World has the most new stuff to offer in just one pack. Among the new abilities you'll get is Owen Grady who can follow tracks and cut through vines, the ACU Trooper who can use electrical switches without needing to use an Elemental Keystone, and the Gyrosphere vehicle that can use ball switches. Of course, since there's no more special levels to play, you'll have to select and travel to the correct hub world after you've summoned the characters (and built their vehicles as well).

Also, since Jurassic World consists of just one pack, it might be a good idea to have some various other packs set aside if you have time to spare for additional things. Some possible options might be the Doctor Who Cyberman from Wave 3, the Ghostbusters Slimer from Wave 5, or simply arrange to have your current saved game finally recognize the vehicles built for the Wave 4 characters (Aquaman, Superman, and Ghsotbusters Marshmallow Man).

Jurassic World it is! One of these days I'll get back to work on my Dimensions display so I can keep track of having a variety of abilities on-hand, but I appreciate your tips in the meantime!

I guess time really flies when you're exploring a hub world rather than progressing through a level. I honestly thought you'd have time to spare for maybe opening one or two other packs, but I guess I should probably not expect that. At least you finally got your current game to recognize Superman's vehicle, so that just leaves Ghostbusters Marshmallow Man left to go before you've fully covered all of your old progress. I guess I shouldn't complain about you not getting certain things, since you'll inevitably have to return to each and every hub world after you've collected all the minikits in all the levels, but I'm sure you shouldn't be too concerned about spending studs on renovation builds (according to the guide, the one you did choose to build just so happened to be the most expensive one for that world at 70,000). At this rate, it might be quite a while before you finally have all of the Year 1 packs opened and could then go back through all the levels to unlock minikits and other things. Well, at least there aren't any achievements for full completion of that game or collecting all of everything, but certainly at least a bit of progress in each thing would be worth it. Anyway, nice to see Jurassic World in Lego Dimensions, and I'll look forward to whatever else there is to see.

15 minutes ago, Chronicler06 said:

I guess time really flies when you're exploring a hub world rather than progressing through a level. I honestly thought you'd have time to spare for maybe opening one or two other packs, but I guess I should probably not expect that. At least you finally got your current game to recognize Superman's vehicle, so that just leaves Ghostbusters Marshmallow Man left to go before you've fully covered all of your old progress. I guess I shouldn't complain about you not getting certain things, since you'll inevitably have to return to each and every hub world after you've collected all the minikits in all the levels, but I'm sure you shouldn't be too concerned about spending studs on renovation builds (according to the guide, the one you did choose to build just so happened to be the most expensive one for that world at 70,000). At this rate, it might be quite a while before you finally have all of the Year 1 packs opened and could then go back through all the levels to unlock minikits and other things. Well, at least there aren't any achievements for full completion of that game or collecting all of everything, but certainly at least a bit of progress in each thing would be worth it. Anyway, nice to see Jurassic World in Lego Dimensions, and I'll look forward to whatever else there is to see.

As I just posted this episode I realized it was our 20th in Dimensions, making it far and away the most time we've spent in any of the games, and I feel like we've barely scratched the surface. Honestly we could probably do a weekly Dimensions stream in addition to our normal Twitch Tuesdays and still not be done in a year, but I don't have the time or a good place to make a more permanent setup for that anyway. I really need to get back to working on a database of the characters and vehicles so I can make a 'dream team' to know who's best to have on hand.

Maybe we should just focus on doing the level packs from the later waves, then one day I could do a stream where I'm literally just opening the fun and team packs and building the vehicles for two or three hours, just to have them available. Certainly lots of options and possibilities, with so much content in that game.

That sure went by pretty quickly. Just one more story world to collect everything, then finally onto Syspocalysestar for all those big builds (each of which will provide either a brick to collect or a quest to earn a brick), and finishing off with the last ten bricks to collect on that bonus world. Personally, I doubt you'll get through all of that in a single session, but just in case, I'll take the time now to share with you my thoughts on which Lego games to try next (and which ones to save fore later).

I would recommend that the very last Lego games to try completing would be the Star Wars games, not only because there are three (and soon to be four) of them, but they also include timed challenges (not just races) that I have a feeling you might find almost impossible to complete. Second-to-last I'd recommend would be the Batman/DC games, mostly because there's four of them to complete, which will obviously take a while to get through. Third-to-last of my recommendations would be the Marvel games because there's three of them, although I've found them to be among the most time-consuming of all Lego games, so definitely better to save those for later. Prior to all of that, I would suggest the themes featured in two games, which would be Lord of the Rings and Indiana Jones (and Harry Potter, though I'm sure you're tired of me begging for you to acknowledge that it even exists). With all of that out of the way, that leaves just the one-off games to be among the ones I recommend you play next, which would be Pirates of the Caribbean, Jurassic World, the Incredibles, and Lego City Undercover (there's also Lego Worlds, but since that's such an open-ended game, my suggestion there might be to have that become the monthly stream if you ever manage to fully complete Lego Dimensions).

Of those four one-off games, I think I would suggest Pirates of the Caribbean to be the next game to play, mostly because you already made some progress on it during that 24-hour stream last year, so you might as well get around to fully completing it. The only problem for me is that since it's one of the older games (for which Steam did not provide any achievements for), I can't be that helpful with unlocking any of the achievements. (Sure, I'll look them up to see what they are and try to offer suggestions, but I won't have any of that experience to be of any real definitive assistance.)

So, what do you think of my suggestions?

Based on your thought process, I decided to crunch the numbers to see how things are currently shaping up on my game progress:

Bionicle Heroes - 100.00%

LEGO Movie Series (3) - 95.03%

Pirates of the Caribbean - 71.20%

Incredibles - 40.50%

Star Wars Series (3) - 39.57%

Indiana Jones Series (2) - 35.25%

Jurassic World - 34.90%

DC Series (4) - 30.23%

Middle Earth Series (2) - 30.05%

Marvel Series (3) - 26.43%

City Undercover - 24.50%

So the numbers would seem to agree with doing Pirates next, followed by Incredibles. While Star Wars is next on the list, with soon-to-be-four games, I'd probably go with Indy or Jurassic World afterwards.

On 12/7/2021 at 9:14 PM, Black Six said:

As I just posted this episode I realized it was our 20th in Dimensions, making it far and away the most time we've spent in any of the games, and I feel like we've barely scratched the surface. Honestly we could probably do a weekly Dimensions stream in addition to our normal Twitch Tuesdays and still not be done in a year, but I don't have the time or a good place to make a more permanent setup for that anyway. I really need to get back to working on a database of the characters and vehicles so I can make a 'dream team' to know who's best to have on hand.

Maybe we should just focus on doing the level packs from the later waves, then one day I could do a stream where I'm literally just opening the fun and team packs and building the vehicles for two or three hours, just to have them available. Certainly lots of options and possibilities, with so much content in that game.

I just realized that I never really responded to this.

Now that you got me thinking about it, my initial plan for Dimensions (go for 100% completion of all Year 1 content before even touching any Year 2 content) might not be the preferred approach for your livestream. I think what my new suggestions will be is to at least visit all of the remaining themed worlds not yet visited among the Year 1 content (I will count even the brief visits after completing the Level Packs, so we don't really need to revisit those worlds just yet), and after all 14 of the Year 1 worlds have been accessed, then feel free to start trying some levels from the Year 2 content (there are Level Packs for Adventure Time, Mission Impossible, Sonic, and Goonies, in addition to Story Packs for Lego Batman Movie, Ghostbusters 2016, and Fantastic Beasts (though you'll probably prefer to ignore that last one, despite how much my completionist desire would argue otherwise)). Not to mention, your suggestion of doing a stream dedicated to just opening packs and building the characters and vehicles sounds like a great idea, but only after all 14 worlds have already been accessed so that it'll feel more like you're just catching up on the additional stuff rather than being distracted by accessing and exploring new places (themes like DC and Ninjago will definitely have quite a lot to go through, even after their respective Team Packs have already been done).

For the immediate future, that means going through the remaining Year 1 Team Packs (Scooby Doo, Ninjago, and DC Comics), which will then leave only three more worlds to visit through some Fun Packs (Lego Movie, Legends of Chima, and Wizard of Oz). At the rate of one per month, it'll probably be next summer by the time I'll be okay with making suggestions for Year 2 content.

Also, I'm not sure if I mentioned it before, but since you're trying to figure out which characters and vehicles would be ideal to keep handy, I can provide a link to the Lego Dimensions Wiki site so you can quickly find out which abilities each character and vehicle has to make it easier for you to eventually determine your "dream team". (Though, as the most recent stream showed, I think it's fair to say the three Starter Pack characters (Batman, Gandalf, and Wyldsyle) should definitely be among that team, while the Batmobile is generic enough that you could probably swap it out for some other wheeled vehicle.)

https://lego-dimensions.fandom.com/wiki/LEGO_Dimensions_Wiki

Edited by Chronicler06

While I correctly assumed you would not quite finish the game this week, I am impressed by just how much you were able to complete. Just seven more of those "Super Builds" (which is apparently what builds from the gold instruction page are actually called), then just collect the ten Master Pieces from the bonus world to reach 100% game completion. Seems quite fitting that this game will be completed at the very end of the year and you'll start the next game at the beginning of next year.

Since we seem to be in agreement on moving on to Pirates of the Caribbean for the next game, I'll wait until next week share some advice on what to do first when you get to that game.

I had a feeling it wouldn't take long to collect the last few Master Pieces to fully complete The Lego Movie 2 Videogame, but at least it came with great timing at the very last week of the year. I'm definitely looking forward to Pirates of the Caribbean next month, and I've already got a good idea on the first few things you could do (I'll save that explanation for next week).

For Lego Dimensions next week, seeing as we're no longer voting, I'll just go ahead and say that I think the next pack should be the Scooby Doo Team Pack. Much like with Jurassic World last time, it's the only pack to access its respective world to explore, and there will be new abilities provided by the new characters (though after all the previous packs you've already opened, the only really new ability you'll get this time will be the digging ability from Scooby, to dig up various things from piles of dirt). I've already explained last week my thoughts on which remaining packs to go through in the near future, so I'll wait until the stream next week to talk more about what you can expect from this next pack.

Edited by Chronicler06

Not bad progress this week. Interesting to see some of the quests and renovation builds in the Scooby Doo hub world and which characters from the other worlds had to be brought in to complete those various tasks. As always I'll look forward to what's next.

As much as I'd love to talk about my advice on resuming Pirates of the Caribbean (as well as my suggestion for the next Dimensions pack to open), I'm afraid I'm a little short on available time this week, so I'll have to wait until next week to explain everything (thank goodness you're taking the next two weeks off).

Man, I'm looking through the achievements I need to get for PotC and there's a few that look like they're going to be a lot of 'fun':

• "Complete Port Royal in Story without dying"
  • "Complete Port Royal in Story with zero studs"
  • "In any level use only the compass to find all it's secrets in one go, alone."

And then there's a bunch of others that look like they'll be a bit time intensive, like riding all of the animals and stuff like that. I have my work cut out for me!

Yeah, some of those achievements look like quite a grind that even I might find challenging to accomplish myself (and since Steam doesn't offer achievements for those older Lego games, I have no way of knowing if I ever managed to actually pull it off), but some others look pretty simple, such as purchasing all of certain groups of characters.

In fact, the very first thing that I recommend you do when you return to Lego Pirates of the Caribbean is to purchase all of the remaining characters, since you've already got more than enough studs for it. To save time, I suggest that you enter the two large buildings in the left section of the hub area; the right building is where all the friendly characters will show up, and the left building is where all the opposing characters (which means you'll need to sword fight them before you can purchase them) will show up. (Only two characters will not appear in either building, and that's the two tribal guys, who you'll find wandering around on the beach in front of the main pier.)

Also, I recall from the 24-hour stream that you struggled to obtain the last few Red Bricks because you couldn't figure out how to destroy silver objects underwater. The solution is actually rather simple (even without any characters that could both walk underwater and blow up silver objects). Use Jack's compass to find a box of bombs on the beach, dig up that box, then use any underwater character to carry those bombs over to the underwater silver objects.

By obtaining all of the characters and red bricks, I'm sure you'll unlock a few achievements before you even start your first attempt on any of the levels.

Just in case if I end up with little time to spare after next week's stream, I think I'll take this opportunity to talk about what I would like to see in the next Lego Dimensions stream (which will be two weeks from today). Of the two remaining Year 1 Team Packs, I would prefer to go with Ninjago next. While there's obviously quite a lot of additional Fun Packs for the Ninjago theme, I would recommend at the very least to open the Team Pack, which features Kai and Cole. While each Ninjago character will certainly have their own unique range of abilities, the one ability that nearly all of them will have is the Spinjitsu ability (not quite sure how that will work, but it does at least somehow involve the use of those red and gold round platforms that have occasionally appeared in some places throughout the game). As for what kind of content to expect while exploring the Ninjago hub world, keep in mind that this game came out in 2015, so the TV series was only up to Season 4 at the time.

• Like 1

Going over the list of achievements, I think you managed to get a total of nine from this week's stream, though I've also noticed three more that are also relatively easy to unlock with what you currently have available, so perhaps next time before starting the next level, it might be a good idea to get those out of the way. Also, I think it might be reasonable to accept that you might not obtain every single achievement for this game, especially since one of them is for completing a level in 2-player co-op mode (believe me, from my experience in other Lego games, getting that kind of achievement on your own, while doable, can be quite awkward and tricky, and I'd rather not force you to rapidly fumble between two controllers).

As for the Extra Toggle characters, I just looked up this game's guide on Steam (my preferred reference) and it seems that while some of these characters do appear in multiple levels, others appear in only one level (in fact, it seems at least four of them are found only in the very next level you'll be playing). Keeping track of them through all twenty levels might get confusing, so it's probably better to just quickly swap between all given characters as you did recently in the first level (after all, you only need to be playing as each character, even if only for one second for each of them, for the achievement to count). And for that final locked character, it's apparently a variant of Jack Sparrow that can only be unlocked by a entering a code in the Extras menu (I'll share it with you in the game's chat next time if you're interested, or you could just look it up yourself).

Anyway, excellent progress this week, and I'll be looking forward to exploring Ninjago in Lego Dimensions with its Team Pack next week.

Edited by Chronicler06

21 hours ago, Chronicler06 said:

Also, I think it might be reasonable to accept that you might not obtain every single achievement for this game, especially since one of them is for completing a level in 2-player co-op mode

Maybe that'll be a bonus episode, or if we end up having some time before Skywalker Saga comes out we'll get it done. If I get every other achievement, I might as well go all the way, lol.

As for the Extra Toggle characters, I just looked up this game's guide on Steam (my preferred reference) and it seems that while some of these characters do appear in multiple levels, others appear in only one level (in fact, it seems at least four of them are found only in the very next level you'll be playing). Keeping track of them through all twenty levels might get confusing, so it's probably better to just quickly swap between all given characters as you did recently in the first level (after all, you only need to be playing as each character, even if only for one second for each of them, for the achievement to count).

Just switching through them sounds easy enough, as long as I don't forget one level and then have to play back through them all, lol.

And for that final locked character, it's apparently a variant of Jack Sparrow that can only be unlocked by a entering a code in the Extras menu (I'll share it with you in the game's chat next time if you're interested, or you could just look it up yourself).

Interesting, we'll definitely have to do that in February.

The Ninjago world was fun to explore. Even though you can now access Spinjitsu switches, there are obviously still a few more abilities that will require further additional characters (such as Emmet, Unikitty, and one of the Chima characters). Not to mention, there's a bunch more Ninjago characters yet to bring in from all those separate Fun Packs, but that'll obviously have to wait until sometime later.

I've already mentioned last week some various things for next's week's Pirates of the Caribbean stream, so instead, I'll mention here my thoughts for the next Dimensions stream, next month. Since you mentioned next month will very likely be the last Lego Dimensions stream for a while, I think it would be best to open the last remaining Team Pack among the Year 1 content, and that would be the DC Comics pack featuring Joker and Harley Quinn. Of course, the DC world has always been available to explore since you already have Batman (as well as Superman and Aquaman), but since you have not yet visited it at all, opening that final Team Pack would be a good reason to do so next time.

Edited by Chronicler06

I don't have much to say this week, as I had attempted to explain everything relevant in the chat, because I assumed the forums would still be down at this time.

Anyway, good to see two more levels fully completed, along with a few more achievements unlocked. And yes, I agree that saving the 2-player achievement for last would be a good idea, especially since some of the achievements for game completion seem to specify that they must be done in single player mode. Oh, and if you did happen to collect everything in some of the upcoming levels, then at the very least you could just start those levels and toggle through all of the characters to be sure you're getting all of the Extra Toggle characters, then you could simply quit the level since there would be no need to go through the whole thing if you already have everything there is to find.

Okay, now with the forums back, time to get a little caught up with recent progress and what's coming up.

For Pirates of the Caribbean, while you do already have everything done on that last level of movie 2, I would recommend at least starting up that level and cycling through all of the available characters, just to be sure you've covered everyone for the extra toggle characters achievement. I recall that the last level you went through during that 24-hour stream was the first level of movie 3, and if you had also collected everything in that level, I would again recommend at least starting up that level, cycling through the available characters, then quit the level since you wouldn't need to go through the whole level for that particular achievement, just need to play as each extra character. As for the riding all animals achievement, aside from some crabs in the very next level you'll be going through (second to last of movie 2), there will be only two more animals remaining, one will be necessary to complete a level in movie 3, and the other will be necessary to collect a minikit in the final level of movie 4, so at this point, I think you'll be all set for that achievement.

For Lego Dimensions, at least bringing in the Cyberman means you'll now be able to destroy silver objects underwater. And after you get through that final Year 1 Team Pack (Joker and Harley Quinn) and visit the DC Comics world, that'll leave just three more worlds to visit among the Year 1 content; the Lego Movie with the Fun Packs of Emmet and Unikitty (there's also Fun Packs for Benny and Bad Cop, but their abilities are covered by other characters you've already unlocked, so those can be set aside for later); Wizard of Oz with the Fun Pack for Wicked Witch of the West (literally the only pack for that theme); and Legends of Chima with Fun Packs for Laval, Eris, and Cragger (aside from the Chima ability those three have, Eris can fly and Cragger and dive underwater, so I'll let you decide which of those three to open (or perhaps simply open all three at once)). After all of that is done, there's a few options on what to do next (open the rest of the Year 1 packs all at once, playing through all the story levels again to collect all of the minikits, or trying some of the levels with some of the Year 2 packs), so I'll wait until we get to that point before discussing what to do later.

Not to mention, I'll also be looking forward to Lego Star Wars Skywalker Saga. Of course, with that being a newly released game by the time you start play it, there will obviously be no guides available to help out, so I'll be figuring things out alongside you.

• 3 weeks later...

Some rather good progress this week on Lego Pirates of the Caribbean.

Yes, there is that achievement for high-diving into the maelstrom, and from what I've read, it must be specifically from the highest possible place to jump off from, which is basically the very last platform you need to reach in the swordfight against Davy Jones (in other words, it'll have to be done in the same location where you would take out the last heart to end the level, so pretty much just be careful to not get too eager to finish the level so you don't miss that achievement).

Also, for that achievement of riding all animals, it seems the giant crabs on the last beach of that first level you played today might not be necessary, so if that's true, then the only animal you have left to ride would be the giant spider on the final level of the fourth movie, and that'll be necessary for collecting a minikit, so at this point, you might be all set for that one.

Lastly, I would highly suggest that you go right in the hub area towards the dock past the lighthouse where the minikit ships are located. Not only will riding all of those ships be necessary for another achievement, but also a gold brick will appear after you complete all five minikit ships for each movie (so two should be available by now, and a third will be unlocked if you manage to complete the last two levels of movie three next week), so make sure you don't forget to check that out.

As always, I'll be looking forward to see how well you do next week.

Good progress this week, and an excellent stopping point ahead of switching to the newly released game next week. Also good to see you got the achievement for that high dive from the ship. (What I remember from that specific location when I had played this game is that, in my efforts to obtain the True Pirate rank without using any stud multiplier red bricks, I got to True Pirate on that level when I collected the purple stud at the end of that high walkway, so it was literally the last thing I did before making the final strike against Davey Jones that ended the level).

Just five more levels left to go through in freeplay mode, along with the bonus level and whatever few remaining achievements are left. (And hopefully, you won't need too many reminders of how this game works by the time you return to it after several weeks of Lego Star Wars Skywalker Saga.)

Definitely excited for next week to see what that new Lego game will be like. (Of course, with it being a newly released game, there will be no guides available to help, so I'll be trying to figure things out alongside you as you play, at least for the very first day.)

Edited by Chronicler06
  • Like 1

That sure was fun to see. So many new gameplay aspects, and yet there's plenty of familiar things to remind us that it's still a Lego video game. I'm definitely looking forward to when I'll have an opportunity to play this game, myself.

For now, I look forward to next week's stream (and since some gamers will inevitably be playing this game for several days in a row, perhaps it won't be long before we start seeing some early guides show up that might help out a bit).

Okay, so not only do we now have a better idea of how the game is structured, but also Episode IV: A New Hope is already completed. Five levels for each movie, and each level has five minikits and three challenges. While some levels seem to go by rather quickly, others seem to take a little bit longer, though still short enough to get through, I'm guessing, three on average for each stream. At that rate, I'm anticipating it'll be July or August by the time you finish Story Mode for all nine parts of this game (assuming you don't take any weeks off, of course).

Nice to see you also unlocked a few more achievements, though I wouldn't be surprised if they were simply the relatively easy ones. Also, it's a good thing I intend to play this game myself sometime later, because I'll learn from these streams when I should be patient so I can listen to the entire dialogue. :lol:

• Like 1

Interesting to see some other new mechanics in action. There were some things I would've liked to point out, but the two-minute delay I had with the chat made it impractical for me to provide any quick advice.

As for those special bricks (I can't remember what it is you're calling them), there's certainly quite a lot of them to find (especially since six for each level would total only 270), but considering the vast amount of upgrades there are to purchase and how progressively more expensive they become, it's no wonder there's over a thousand of those bricks to collect.

Not much else for me to mention that I didn't already talk about, so I'll look forward to next week's stream with the last level of Empire Strikes Back and the first level or two of Return of the Jedi.

19 hours ago, Chronicler06 said:

As for those special bricks (I can't remember what it is you're calling them), there's certainly quite a lot of them to find (especially since six for each level would total only 270), but considering the vast amount of upgrades there are to purchase and how progressively more expensive they become, it's no wonder there's over a thousand of those bricks to collect.

I believe they're called Kyber Bricks, after the Kyber Crystals that power lightsabers. And there are definitely a lot of them!

Finished with Empire Strikes Back and two levels done with Return of the Jedi, so it may be possible to complete the three remaining levels of that movie within the next stream, next week (especially if there's one vehicle level like with the two previous movies).

For all your success with collecting studs, you don't seem to be getting many challenges done at all, and only slightly better at collecting minikits. Hopefully, it won't be much longer before some people start writing guides that I can check out to perhaps help you out a little with that.

Personally, I prefer to stick with the intended characters while going through story mode, but you're the one playing this game and not me, so I'll try not to ruin your fun by my silly insistence on waiting until after completing all story levels before checking out any additional stuff.

Edited by Chronicler06

And now the original trilogy is fully completed. Interesting to see the abilities of the scavenger class of characters, so that's something to look forward to for the sequel trilogy. For now, it's onto the prequel trilogy.

The interesting thing about the guide I found is that progress on it was done in chronological order, so its contents of the prequel trilogy will be more complete than the original trilogy, so hopefully that'll mean you'll soon have a potential opportunity to complete all three challenges in a single level.

I guess one notable flaw with this new Lego Star Wars game is that you need to be standing in just the right spot to be able to utilize certain abilities, often with no specific indicators on the ground or otherwise to help out.

Well, at least you finally got the achievement for completing all three challenges in a single level. (And I guess I shouldn't bother with checking the guide for every single challenge, if you're going to spend so much time trying to figure out games mechanics that I'm sure had been explained sometime earlier.)

Anyway, two more levels left to go to complete Episode I, then it'll be on to Episode II.

Well, at least things seemed to mostly go a lot smoother this week. Not much else I can say, other than that I now have a better idea of which challenges to suggest as higher priority. Anyway, Episode I is completed, and three more levels left to go to finish Episode II (and from what I've seen in the guide, there apparently won't be much else to do between those upcoming levels to complete that episode, so we'll see if that means another quick finish next week).

Sometimes, the three challenges are simple enough that I can list them all just before you start the level, but other challenges are so complicated that I don't even bother mentioning them, and some apparently even require using other characters that can only be used in freeplay mode.

Anyway, Episode II is completed, and Episode III has now been started with the first level completed. (To be honest, I don't think I ever actually saw all of Episode III, just bits and pieces of it.)

I had been hoping for the stream to end a little before 8:30 for something else I wanted to do, which is why I said I might leave early, but I decided I could put that off for a few more minutes to watch the last level, especially since much of what I could've helped you with was at the beginning of that level.

Anyway, it seems you got through two thirds of the entire story in two months, so perhaps you'll have the sequel trilogy completed by late June or early July. I'll certainly be looking forward to that, especially since the last two movies have not been part of any of the previous Lego Star Wars games.

Always interesting to see how these Star Wars movies are adapted differently between different Lego games.

Not much else to say this week, expect perhaps that while it should be possible to collect all five minikits in some levels in Story Mode (especially vehicle levels like the one most recently completed), I understand how unlikely it is for me to get all of them typed in the chat and for you to read all of them while you're busy actually playing the level, so I decided to prioritize the three challenges instead. I'm sure once you get to these levels again in Freeplay Mode, you'll be checking a guide yourself and I won't have to worry too much about using the chat to help you fully complete everything.

Yikes! I fell way behind in replying to these, didn't I?

On 4/26/2022 at 8:45 PM, Chronicler06 said:

Finished with Empire Strikes Back and two levels done with Return of the Jedi, so it may be possible to complete the three remaining levels of that movie within the next stream, next week (especially if there's one vehicle level like with the two previous movies).

For all your success with collecting studs, you don't seem to be getting many challenges done at all, and only slightly better at collecting minikits. Hopefully, it won't be much longer before some people start writing guides that I can check out to perhaps help you out a little with that.

Personally, I prefer to stick with the intended characters while going through story mode, but you're the one playing this game and not me, so I'll try not to ruin your fun by my silly insistence on waiting until after completing all story levels before checking out any additional stuff.

If my experience with past LEGO games is any indication, I really don't expect to get all the minikits in any level without doing it in free-play mode. The challenges are another story, and it's awesome when you can help point me in the right direction so I can get those done!

On 5/3/2022 at 8:38 PM, Chronicler06 said:

And now the original trilogy is fully completed. Interesting to see the abilities of the scavenger class of characters, so that's something to look forward to for the sequel trilogy. For now, it's onto the prequel trilogy.

The interesting thing about the guide I found is that progress on it was done in chronological order, so its contents of the prequel trilogy will be more complete than the original trilogy, so hopefully that'll mean you'll soon have a potential opportunity to complete all three challenges in a single level.

I like that the game gives you the option of starting any trilogy you want, so you have the choice of which to play through. I can definitely see the appeal of doing chronological order versus release order, it's just a personal preference.

On 5/10/2022 at 8:45 PM, Chronicler06 said:

I guess one notable flaw with this new Lego Star Wars game is that you need to be standing in just the right spot to be able to utilize certain abilities, often with no specific indicators on the ground or otherwise to help out.

Well, at least you finally got the achievement for completing all three challenges in a single level. (And I guess I shouldn't bother with checking the guide for every single challenge, if you're going to spend so much time trying to figure out games mechanics that I'm sure had been explained sometime earlier.)

Anyway, two more levels left to go to complete Episode I, then it'll be on to Episode II.

Man, that part was super-frustrating - nuff said!

On 5/24/2022 at 8:45 PM, Chronicler06 said:

Sometimes, the three challenges are simple enough that I can list them all just before you start the level, but other challenges are so complicated that I don't even bother mentioning them, and some apparently even require using other characters that can only be used in freeplay mode.

Anyway, Episode II is completed, and Episode III has now been started with the first level completed. (To be honest, I don't think I ever actually saw all of Episode III, just bits and pieces of it.)

Episode III is probably the best of the prequels, so it's interesting to me that you never saw the whole thing. It does have some parts that are tough to swallow though, like Anakin's sudden flip-flop.

On 5/31/2022 at 8:55 PM, Chronicler06 said:

I had been hoping for the stream to end a little before 8:30 for something else I wanted to do, which is why I said I might leave early, but I decided I could put that off for a few more minutes to watch the last level, especially since much of what I could've helped you with was at the beginning of that level.

Anyway, it seems you got through two thirds of the entire story in two months, so perhaps you'll have the sequel trilogy completed by late June or early July. I'll certainly be looking forward to that, especially since the last two movies have not been part of any of the previous Lego Star Wars games.

It's crazy to think how far we are already! We'll have to figure out what to do next, if it's back to Pirates or something else.

On 6/7/2022 at 8:08 PM, Chronicler06 said:

Always interesting to see how these Star Wars movies are adapted differently between different Lego games.

Not much else to say this week, expect perhaps that while it should be possible to collect all five minikits in some levels in Story Mode (especially vehicle levels like the one most recently completed), I understand how unlikely it is for me to get all of them typed in the chat and for you to read all of them while you're busy actually playing the level, so I decided to prioritize the three challenges instead. I'm sure once you get to these levels again in Freeplay Mode, you'll be checking a guide yourself and I won't have to worry too much about using the chat to help you fully complete everything.

Yes, I'm sure by the time we get around to playing the game again in free-play mode, the guides will be much more fleshed out and it will be easy to find the mini-kits, and also the ever-important data cards!

That sure was a fun demo to watch. To be honest, I had been reluctant about trying Lego Brawls because I typically avoid multiplayer games, but now that I see how that game works and the kinds of progress that can be made, I'm now more interested in trying it out, and I will definitely purchase it with the other Lego games currently on my Steam wishlist, once they're available (and preferably when they go on sale). In fact, I would actually enjoy seeing more of Lego Brawls on these streams, mostly because it's just so different from most other Lego games we've seen before.

Onto other subjects, I think the "data cards" in Star Wars Skywalker Saga are that game's version of red bricks (much there's kyber bricks instead of gold bricks), so I think you'll probably find them from wandering around in the hub areas (in which case, a guide would be helpful if you want to know exactly which world to visit to obtain which particular data card, and most likely you'll have to wait until freeplay mode before you can really go out to find them). And yes, after story mode of Skywalker Saga is finished, I would prefer returning to Pirates of the Caribbean since there's only the five levels of the fourth movie left to fully complete, along with the bonus level and a few achievements. I'll wait until we get back to that game before I share my thoughts on which game to play after Pirates is 100% completed.

Edited by Chronicler06

On 6/14/2022 at 8:40 PM, Chronicler06 said:

In fact, I would actually enjoy seeing more of Lego Brawls on these streams, mostly because it's just so different from most other Lego games we've seen before.

Good to know! Between that and LEGO Dimensions, we certainly have some good potential recurring content.

On 6/14/2022 at 8:40 PM, Chronicler06 said:

And yes, after story mode of Skywalker Saga is finished, I would prefer returning to Pirates of the Caribbean since there's only the five levels of the fourth movie left to fully complete, along with the bonus level and a few achievements.

Sounds like a plan! But of course that's still a few more weeks away.

Interesting that we got to see a demo of the other Lego game coming out later this year. I recall that a news page on this site just over a week ago had provided a link to a playthrough video of the Bricktales demo, but that video did a lot of skipping around, so at least this stream allowed me to see a complete run through the demo. Either way, I'm still eager to eventually purchase both Lego Brawls and Lego Bricktales once they're available later this year (along with Star Wars Skywalker Saga).

Edited by Chronicler06

Not bad progress this week. Just one more level left to go to finish Episode VII, then it's on to Episode VIII. Since you mentioned there will be four weeks before you have to take a break from streaming, I think it might be possible to complete the game's Story Mode by that point, considering there are only two more movies left to go.

(By the way, I've seen only the first half of Episode VIII and none of Episode IX, so we'll soon reach the point where everything becomes unfamiliar to me.)

Episode VII completed, and two levels completed in Episode VIII. At this rate, I think it will probably be possible to fully complete this game's story mode just before you have to take that two week break.

By the way, I think I've mentioned this before, but I saw only part of Episode VIII, and I will say that I remember many of the events shown in tonight's stream, but I didn't have an opportunity to watch past the part where Finn and Rose escape from that planet, so aside from whatever stuff you'll do with Luke early in the next stream, the entire remainder of the story will be completely unknown to me.