Voltex

gallery_96949_76_19339.jpg

For forty years, Spherus-Magna has lived in relative peace following an event known as the 'Reformation'. However, darkness always rises - and four Matoran find themselves hired to stop its shadow from spreading across the planet forevermore. Gathered together by a Mad Great Being, they find themselves in a deadly race to find the Mask of Life... all the while hunting down a mysterious and deadly foe before they succeed in their dark plan to end the newly reformed world.

CHAPTERS

"THE MAD GREAT BEING"

"MEET THE TEAM"

"KEEP YOUR FRIENDS CLOSE..."

"AND YOUR ENEMIES CLOSER"

"SHARE YOUR STORY"

(From the Files of a Stranger)

"IT'S ALL A GAME"

"SPINE EATER"

"BY THE FIRESIDE"

MEET THE TEAM

ARAINA - "The Mad Great Being"

BRONZE - "The Living Mask"

SIRIEN - "The Snarker"

SMOKE MONSTER - "The Mask Maker"

MARAKO - "The Mayor"

SVENTOLA - "The Agori"

OTHER CHARACTERS

- Voltex - Xaeraz - RG - Dina - The Artisan - Makua - Kuan - Dallior - Dai - Phrase -

- VELIKA -

- Iaredios Paerkenon - Driken - Lord of Ice Picks - Pilgrim Shadow - Jalicax - Aerixx - Maltik -

- Shadow Ignited -

Well, everything appears to be in order!

What do you think so far? My apologies about the lack of, well, really anybody except for Araina and Voltex in the prologue; the latter plays next to no role later in the story, but his freeing of the so-called "Mad Great Being" is what ultimately sets the events of this story in motion. :)

Chapter 1 will release on January 16th.

Edited by Lucina
  • Upvote 7

I had a feeling Velika would be a part of this, and if he's the antagonist, I'm looking forward to the inevitable confrontation. xD

I can't wait to see how this goes, Lucina. Thanks again for writing this! ^^

-Inferna

Now that I've devoured your prologue, I'm very excited for next week. 

I had a feeling Velika would be a part of this, and if he's the antagonist, I'm looking forward to the inevitable confrontation. xD

-Inferna

Also, Voltex said that he basically is the villain behind Uprising because of this.

Edited by Rahkshi Guurahk

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

-Inferna

Glad you enjoyed it!

Now that I've devoured your prologue, I'm very excited for next week. 

-Inferna

Also, Voltex said that he basically is the villain behind Uprising because of this.

just a little nugget for those who have read certain other works of mine

Yay for Oblivion! This looks like a very intriguing story so far; I know myself and many others love epics featuring other users. 

You're a rebel; I like you.

Actually, that gives me an idea...

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

I'm digging it thus far. I don't expect my character to have a big role but seeing a mention of some half-skrall history guy would be enough to give me a smile. I wonder where I offed to though...

Anyway, if you ever want any inspiration for the history of Spherus Magna to use in your story, you can look at my A Rude Awakening project (though it's slow at the moment), or you can use some of the stuff as agori legends. Or don't use at all and be totally free to your creativity. Either way, please, give me more, I hunger... more story soup, please sir. :(

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

That was a really enjoyable prologue! I liked the interactions between the Mad Great Being and Voltex. They both had some funny lines. :P

I look forward to seeing the rest of the team show in the next chapter. 

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I'm digging it thus far. I don't expect my character to have a big role but seeing a mention of some half-skrall history guy would be enough to give me a smile. I wonder where I offed to though...

Anyway, if you ever want any inspiration for the history of Spherus Magna to use in your story, you can look at my A Rude Awakening project (though it's slow at the moment), or you can use some of the stuff as agori legends. Or don't use at all and be totally free to your creativity. Either way, please, give me more, I hunger... more story soup, please sir. :(

Everyone listed in that first post up there will make a physical appearance; it is simply a matter of time.

Your character (being one of the few Agori, half-Skrall at that, and a historian in a story where remembering history is going to be something of a focus) will have an interesting role to play.

Excellent start! :D I shall definitely be keeping up on this. Can't wait to see what you've got planned for all of us.

Glad you enjoyed it! I'm looking forward to this too haha

That was a really enjoyable prologue! I liked the interactions between the Mad Great Being and Voltex. They both had some funny lines. :P

Writing the interactions between Araina and Voltex was a treat; I think Araina as a whole is just going to be fun to write.

Everyone listed in that first post up there will make a physical appearance; it is simply a matter of time.

Your character (being one of the few Agori, half-Skrall at that, and a historian in a story where remembering history is going to be something of a focus) will have an interesting role to play.

Writing the interactions between Araina and Voltex was a treat; I think Araina as a whole is just going to be fun to write.

Can't wait.

Yeah, I loved the exchanges between those two, I laughed a few times.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

good job  :D red  :kakama:

hello.png_thumb.jpg

HEY GUYS WELCOME BACK TO ANOTHER NIGHT OF 

MINECRAFT...... GARRY;S MOD... CIVILIZATION... JUST CAUSE....... STRANDED DEEP.... SUBNAUTIC.... CALL OF DUT...... DESTINY THE TAKEN..... HAL....... H1Z..... FIVE NIGHTS AT FRE.... DYING LIG... HANGOVERS AND VIDEOGAMES

"The Tale Of A Murderer's Brother" "The Civil War"

Quote Of The Random Time I Feel Like Changing It:

"What Is Dead May Never Die"

~ Old ZexyZek

Just Now

"I COULD LIVE IF I DON'T DIE" - MITHZAN 2015

Bronze was mad at me for not reading this yet.

Seeing Dai's name on the list is satisfactory enough.

But this is really well writ.

Oh, the Kraata in Bronze's sig is Miffy, a stage four Kraata of electricity that my sidekick keeps as his pet.

And he said this version of Bronze was his favourite because it was the most oblivious.

good job  :D red  :kakama:

Glad you liked it!

Bronze was mad at me for not reading this yet.

Seeing Dai's name on the list is satisfactory enough.

But this is really well writ.

Oh, the Kraata in Bronze's sig is Miffy, a stage four Kraata of electricity that my sidekick keeps as his pet.

And he said this version of Bronze was his favourite because it was the most oblivious.

Bronze is pretty fun to write so far.

• Upvote 2

i am not his sidekick if anything he is mine

hello.png_thumb.jpg

MINECRAFT...... GARRY;S MOD... CIVILIZATION... JUST CAUSE....... STRANDED DEEP.... SUBNAUTIC.... CALL OF DUT...... DESTINY THE TAKEN..... HAL....... H1Z..... FIVE NIGHTS AT FRE.... DYING LIG... HANGOVERS AND VIDEOGAMES

~ Old ZexyZek

Just Now

...Look at yourself, look at every character you interact with. Look at the relations between you and any aforementioned character, you're a sidekick.

He's a sidekick to a Mad Great Being, but I guarantee that everyone else is then sidekick to him

...Look at yourself, look at every character you interact with. Look at the relations between you and any aforementioned character, you're a sidekick.

He's a sidekick to a Mad Great Being, but I guarantee that everyone else is then sidekick to him

Considering her reaction to him in that teaser, I imagine Sirien is wondering what qualifies him as the sidekick. Probably because she loathes the idea of being sidekick to someone who can't read. =P

(I will laugh if a sub-plot is all the major characters squabbling for sidekick-to-Araina status.)

-Inferna

Considering her reaction to him in that teaser, I imagine Sirien is wondering what qualifies him as the sidekick. Probably because she loathes the idea of being sidekick to someone who can't read. =P

(I will laugh if a sub-plot is all the major characters squabbling for sidekick-to-Araina status.)

-Inferna

I can neither confirm nor deny that information

---

By the way, here's a little excerpt from Chapter One - "MEET THE TEAM":

Araina bent over as she entered the forge, smiling at the lone dark blue and gold Matoran working at the forge. As the door swung shut behind her with a clang the Matoran stilled, glancing up at her and wiping soot off their Kanohi Mask – a Kanohi Huna, Mask of Concealment.

“Hello,” Araina said, smiling at them across the room as the various machines in the room slowly shut down one by one. “I’m looking for a Matoran who goes by the moniker of ‘Smoker Monster’. Do you know him?”

“Know him?” the Matoran asked, snorting derisively. “I am him, lady. Who’re you?”

“My name is Araina, although most would call me ‘Lady Araina’, if they did not just dive straight to ‘Mad Great Being’,” the Mad Great Being replied, her tone casual as she approached the long table where the Matoran was standing; a small smile flickered on her face at the sight of the Matoran cringing at her last words. “I’m here to offer Smoke Monster a job offer.”

“No can do, uh, Lady Araina,” the Matoran said, sounding as though he were trying not to stutter. “Perfectly happy where I am, thanks.”

The Mad Great Being leaned over the table so that she towered over the Matoran, who slowly leaned back as she pressed her face up to his.

“Let’s be honest with each other,” she said, speaking quietly. “Point number one – you are not Smoke Monster. Point number two – I am speaking to a hologram. The real you is still standing next to the controls next to the machine, where you helpfully shut everything down so that we could hear each other.”

As she straightened the image of the Matoran below her flickered out of view; as the same time, another Matoran – this one with black and emerald armor, wearing what appeared to be a powerless copy of the Kanohi Rhode – shimmered as he allowed himself to be seen. She smiled widely, although this appeared to only make the Matoran more nervous than he already was.

“I must admit, my dear, that you are sending me very mixed signals,” she said. “Are you attempting to be polite, or is it merely a ruse so that you might make more accurate your lie?”

“I, uh…”

“What is your real name, dear?” Araina asked, before wagging a finger at him. “And don’t you lie to me! I have foreseen how this conversation and the events that follow go. I know who you are already.”

---

MEET THE TEAM will be released January 16th.

• Upvote 3

well he might not be able to read but the fact that he is oblivious makes him one of the best characters in this epic (Mostly because hardly anyone has been introduced yet)

hello.png_thumb.jpg

~ Old ZexyZek

Just Now

and much laughs for the readers

hello.png_thumb.jpg

~ Old ZexyZek

Just Now

c1.jpg

"MEET THE TEAM"

In this chapter, Araina & Bronze hire Sirien & Smoke Monster to join them in their adventure, and have a run-in with the Mayor of New Atero.

---

Unfortunately, Bronze's backstory didn't quite fit into this chapter; as such, it will instead be taking place in Chapter 2: Keep Your Friends Close...

Thoughts?

• Upvote 1

and much laughs for the readers

Yes indeed

Another great chapter. I liked the interactions between Bronze and Sirien. I can see a lot of interesting scenarios occurring with them in the future. :P

I look forward to seeing what happens next.

Glad you enjoyed it! Sirien isn't going to be the most tolerant of Bronze's... well, everything, but she'll get by.

*sighs and shakes head in amusement*

Poor, poor Sirien. Every situation I stick you in seems to end badly for you -- or at least, ends in your pride being tarnished. =P

(And its only the beginning of the story for you. I don't anticipate you ending in a good spot, assuming you live.)

Great chapter, Lucina! =D

-Inferna

*sighs and shakes head in amusement*

Poor, poor Sirien. Every situation I stick you in seems to end badly for you -- or at least, ends in your pride being tarnished. =P

(And its only the beginning of the story for you. I don't anticipate you ending in a good spot, assuming you live.)

Great chapter, Lucina! =D

-Inferna

Things have a habit of going quite poorly for most characters in everything I write. It's a bit of a bad habit. :P

• Upvote 3

hey don't forget his last name is JET and that means he can fly.

also click on my signature it is literally the official backstory for him (For Now) (It's also not completed yet)

actually i think i will write his official backstory myself

Edited by BronzeJet Kanohi Kakama

hello.png_thumb.jpg

~ Old ZexyZek

Just Now

hey don't forget his last name is JET and that means he can fly.

also click on my signature it is literally the official backstory for him (For Now) (It's also not completed yet)

actually i think i will write his official backstory myself

Oblivion is secretly the official backstory for all of BZPower

Whatever happened to Discarded?

I am offended. (not really)

It was lost to Oblivion

no it's just that you the last chapter was posted like at the beginning of last year

i think that i am going to go ahead and write a few different starts for backstories and just let you pick one

hello.png_thumb.jpg

~ Old ZexyZek

Just Now

no it's just that you the last chapter was posted like at the beginning of last year

i think that i am going to go ahead and write a few different starts for backstories and just let you pick one

just keep in mind that there's a very good chance I will render anything you write non-canon the moment Chapter 2 comes out; I already have the details of your character's origins in mind. It simply would have broken the flow of Chapter 1 to include them there.

Edited by Lucina

Ourna'haeole, you were supposed to write the next chapter.

It was lost to Oblivion

Or rather, it was Discarded to the depths of Oblivion.

U NEVR TOLD MI DIZ!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 2

hello.png_thumb.jpg

~ Old ZexyZek

Just Now

Excellent new chapter! Nice to meet the rest of the team. I will admit, I didn't recognize myself at first, since you gave me a Rhode in place of my Kakama (unless I'm due to show up again with the correct mask), but it's nice to see my part in this. :) Or is the Rhode part of a deceptive illusion on my part? The irony of that concept is that an early model of my Self-MOC did indeed wear a Rhode. That would be a fun throwback.

:lookaround:

A challenger, huh? Coincidentally, I'm working on a backstory for it all, myself. Even so, this info makes this story all the more interesting.

Edited by T1Shadow: The Artisan

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Excellent new chapter! Nice to meet the rest of the team. I will admit, I didn't recognize myself at first, since you gave me a Rhode in place of my Kakama (unless I'm due to show up again with the correct mask), but it's nice to see my part in this. :) Or is the Rhode part of a deceptive illusion on my part? The irony of that concept is that an early model of my Self-MOC did indeed wear a Rhode. That would be a fun throwback.

A challenger, huh? Coincidentally, I'm working on a backstory for it all, myself. Even so, this info makes this story all the more interesting.

I gave your character a Rode since he deals in secret truths and such, but accumulates this information by deceiving others. I couldn't help but appreciate the irony. :P

I gave your character a Rode since he deals in secret truths and such, but accumulates this information by deceiving others. I couldn't help but appreciate the irony. :P

Gotcha. While I do prefer the Kakama, I'll agree that this is an acceptable change. :) Very clever, that.

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~