Kopaka Mata 2015

Vakuta

It struck me that Kopaka 2015 looked extremely similar to his Nuva form, so I decided to strip the model down a lot and see what it would look like as a Toa Mata.

HxuxGC.jpeg

J26cJV.jpeg

DwRgmL.jpeg

It's been a really long time since I've posted an MOC, so I hope you like it!

• Upvote 3

Matoro died to save Mata Nui, Lhikan died to save Vakama, Sidorak died... Never mind.

Nice job! :) As someone who prefers the simpler days of 2001, I really appreciate this! I think using a lot of white on his exterior was a good idea, since it helps to balance out the darker colors that Lego is now using in the new Toa. The old Kopaka had less white and more gray, but he didn't have to balance out lots of dark gray on his body, either.

Also, I might as well mention that it's an especially good time of year to photograph Kopaka outside, as long as you can keep him safe from the snow! Someday someone should get a bunch of Ko-McToran together and photograph them in an outdoor snow scene. :P

Anyway, nice work and thanks for posting it! :)

Nice job! :) As someone who prefers the simpler days of 2001, I really appreciate this! I think using a lot of white on his exterior was a good idea, since it helps to balance out the darker colors that Lego is now using in the new Toa. The old Kopaka had less white and more gray, but he didn't have to balance out lots of dark gray on his body, either.

Also, I might as well mention that it's an especially good time of year to photograph Kopaka outside, as long as you can keep him safe from the snow! Someday someone should get a bunch of Ko-McToran together and photograph them in an outdoor snow scene. :P

Anyway, nice work and thanks for posting it! :)

Thank you! Unfortunately we've had no snow, otherwise I would have taken the picture of him in it. I really enjoyed the 2015 set but like you said, it just seemed way too busy, and in my opinion used too many colors. Gray and gunmetal and white and trans-blue and gold and black and wew laddy that's a lot of colors. If I had put a little more time into this MOC it probably would have been a little more light gray, but this was done only using parts from the 2015 model. Thanks!

Matoro died to save Mata Nui, Lhikan died to save Vakama, Sidorak died... Never mind.