Snappy Metaljaw

He may look cute, but one wrong move and he'll trap you with his trap-jaw mouth...

24434407506_95738dbd61_z.jpg

snappy_metaljaw_front_view_150px.jpgsnappy_metaljaw_side_view_150px.jpgsnappy_metaljaw_back_view_150px.jpg

(Click on the pictures to see full resolutions. Sorry about the quality at full res, my camera really isn't suited to taking photos of LEGO in the dark English days we've been having recently)

Not much to this really. I was just playing around with some of the new 2016 Bionicle pieces and I came up with this little Shadow Trap mouthed beast. I imagine this to be some sort of Rahi-style beast, with crystalline armour, sharp crystal tail blade and deadly snapping jaws. The Creature head/Shadow trap combo I found turned out better than I'd expected. And I'm beginning to wonder if this should have been my entry to the January Flickr contest instead of my second Dragonborn MOC  :???: But never mind that now, I'm still proud of how this little tearaway beast came out  :D 

Comments, upvotes and constructive criticism appreciated  :) 

• Upvote 7

My Flickr - My Brickshelf - My DeviantART

Latest MOC: Draphim the Dragonborn - Latest artwork: Mazzie Rati

MOC Accolades: Mechan'Rex, Steel Guardian (BFTGM 2nd place on EB) - Skeletal Dragon (Featured on BZP) - Skull Imitator Corphos (Featured on Creator's Corner) - CCBS Chess (Featured on BZP) - Draphim the Dragonborn (Most faved MOC of mine on Flickr) - BOB WIP (featured on Flickr's Explore page - don't ask me why)

If you see a creative topic from me, I'd appreciate a comment on it - it's how I learn and become better at what I do!

It was bound to happen. Those shadow traps just screamed 'I wanna be a mouth of sorts!'. And who better than you to turn their plastic dreams into reality? Green and tan look lovely. I'd like to see a full shot of the underbelly. I don't really understand the purpose of that Hero factory armor add-on on the stomach, or is it...? Oh, I get it now. That's genius.

It was bound to happen. Those shadow traps just screamed 'I wanna be a mouth of sorts!'. And who better than you to turn their plastic dreams into reality? Green and tan look lovely. I'd like to see a full shot of the underbelly. I don't really understand the purpose of that Hero factory armor add-on on the stomach, or is it...? Oh, I get it now. That's genius.

Aw, thanks!  :D Unfortunately, the model's been disassembled as I had to return the parts I borrowed from it back to Uniter Lewa and Uxar. I was actually amazed at how easy it was to connect a Shadow Trap to a Creature head, which ultimately resulted in this little beast. Most of my MOC's normally stem from one NPU or fiddling with parts and finding an interesting technique and me thinking "I need to use that somewhere"  :)

The Hero Factory armour is just some underbelly armour to hide a gap... nothing to see here  :P

My Flickr - My Brickshelf - My DeviantART

Latest MOC: Draphim the Dragonborn - Latest artwork: Mazzie Rati

MOC Accolades: Mechan'Rex, Steel Guardian (BFTGM 2nd place on EB) - Skeletal Dragon (Featured on BZP) - Skull Imitator Corphos (Featured on Creator's Corner) - CCBS Chess (Featured on BZP) - Draphim the Dragonborn (Most faved MOC of mine on Flickr) - BOB WIP (featured on Flickr's Explore page - don't ask me why)

If you see a creative topic from me, I'd appreciate a comment on it - it's how I learn and become better at what I do!