THE MASK OF ULTIMATE POWER 3: THE CHALLENGES OF CONTROL

fishers64

I don't believe this.

You really did that.

Clearly the important thing about this is that you used my title. Props.

Making a spelling mistake while describing me as complaining about spelling mistakes is really just asking for it.

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

"Master of Shadows and Game-running Compliants, Ǝɹsɐʇz Ԁᴉɹɐʞɐ ᴉu qlɐɔʞ' No˙ 999, Vezon of the Twighlight"

END OF ROUND 0

Makuta sat down in the courtyard of the Ancient City, behind a "Find the Mask of Control, $5" sign. The first to arrive was a certain crazytoran named Ghidora that Makuta recognized from previous adventures. When he asked for his name, the Matoran simply scrawled MEE on the sign-up tablet and sat down, babbling something about cute furry animals and pancakes.

Next Makuta felt a cold blade on his black. "You better have a better reward than that, mask maker," ShadowVezon said, shadows curling off his lance.

"I do." Makuta said. "This is just a...disguise...so the Toa don't think this is serious."

Kuan ignored all of that and signed his name in stylistic flourishes before taking a stand far away from Ghidora, a scowl plastered on his face. ShadowVezon followed suit, noticeably avoiding both other parties and continuing to stand behind Makuta, making him uncomfortable.

Next, a being walked up carrying a bunch of shadow traps and snares in a large backpack. Dumerak had arrived, settling in to wait for the show to begin. Shortly after, a muscular soul named Umerlaq barged in, practically pounding his name into the tablet. Makuta sighed - this particular individual was rumored to have a particular grudge against Umerak himself. Not that Makuta cared too much about what happened to that mask-stealing grave robber, but it wasn't necessary.

A few hours, three beings pulled up in a hovercraft that looked like a donut from Star Wars the Phantom Menace. The first being was Galactic Admin Pahrak, who no doubt stole that from that movie, or perhaps the equivalent in the land of Technic Tournament. Next to him was Lucina, holder of the Mask of Time. And the third being was an ugly looking Barraki.

"What are you doing here?" Makuta grumbled. He was getting really tired of the shapeswitcher, who had made his life miserable the previous two games.

"To claim the Mask of Control, of course," said Pahrak, signing his name.

"I'm not signing my name," said Lucina.

"That is not required." Makuta said, turning the tablet around, putting Dumerak's name on the tablet. "I would much prefer if you leave."

"Pridak will win all of the games," said Lucina, gesturing to his Barraki associate.

Pridak grinned and knashed his teeth. "I have arrived."

Makuta sighed and put Pridak on the list. It was then the 

could be heard as a RAHKSHI - not a lowly Rahkshi, but a RAHKSHI - swerved past the hovercraft on an ice ramp, somehow managing to dance while playing a saxophone and ice surfing at the same time. MEE whistled. The rest looked somewhere between amused and incensed at the insanity.

Makuta shrugged. "He's in."

He didn't notice the Huntress slink up behind him to stand opposite ShadowVezon, but that's how both parties likely preferred it, anyway.

BEGIN ROUND 1 PART 1

To proceed, post the two creatures you would like to hunt down for this round below (IN THIS TOPIC).

You have 24 hours to do so. Go!
  • Upvote 1

First of all I am shocked by the implication that you think I would allow a filthy Barraki on any vessel I command.  I blame Lucina using Mask of Time shenanigans to sneak that thing onto my bridge.

Secondly, I shall stock up on Poke Balls and set out to capture the Creatures of Fire and Jungle.

• Upvote 2

I shall attempt to trap KETAR, CREATURE OF STONE and MELUM, CREATURE OF ICE! I shall ensnare them all. Then, they will be... ENSNARED!

I, Dumarak, will prove myself as the TRUE being with the letters 'U-M-A-R-A-K' (in that order) in their name!

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

Creature of ice and creature of Stone

Can't wait for part two.

This should be fun.

I plan on ice surfing while playing my saxophone when I win this thing. Not even 17 dimensions can hold me back.

Edited by ToaTimeLord

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

Happy dance OH happy dance.

Its time to rumble.

Alrighty, folks. Give me a few more minutes to get home, and the scene and the PMs will be sent.

You home yet.Hope everything is ok.

Edit: Double post merged.

-Wind-

Edited by -Windrider-

OOC: Yeah, I goofed up today - forgot to take my spreadsheet with me this morning. On the plus side, scenes won't be delayed on Tuesday as a result of college now. 

END OF ROUND 1 PART 1

Pahrak #0579 the Galactic Admin whistled, and a much bigger ship appeared, lined with the most impressive collection of traps, food bait, arrows, and other creature trapping implements. "All aboard!" Pahrak shouted. The group looked suspiciously at Pahrak, but given that the Labyrinth of Control was a bunch of floating squares and swinging axes, Pahrak's idea seemed like a good one. So they all climbed aboard, going out to man the traps...

Luroka: Fire and Earth creatures: Success

ShadowVezon: Fire and Earth creatures: Success

Pahrak #0579: Fire and Jungle creatures: Success

Pulse: Stone and Ice Creatures: Success

Lucina: Fire and Ice Creatures: Success

The ice RAHKSHI, however, decided to surf past Melum and enchant him with his saxophone playing skills. This turned out to be a good idea, as Melum came up to him and gave him a hug. However, Akida, being underwater, complained that the noise was too loud and was not impressed.

ToaTimeLord: Ice Creature: Success

ToaTimeLord: Water Creature: Failure

Unalaq, however, snuck up on the Water Creature while this was going on and trapped it for himself. He then went to go get his own Ice Creature. 

FF the Forgotten: Water and Ice creatures: Success

"MEE" decided that he didn't care at all about creature trapping, and went to the ship's galley to make pancakes. However, the smells of the crazytoran's delicious cooking attracted an Ice and a Earth creature, who practically woofed down all of his culinary delights. MEE turned to hug his new friends...only to realize that he did not have any more pancakes, and that he would have to start all over again.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"

Ghidora: Ice and Earth creatures: Success

Tekulo found out that while he was very good at swinging through the vines after the Jungle Creature, swimming was just not his thing today. 

Tekulo: Jungle Creature: Success

Tekulo: Water Creature: Failure

Huntress had trouble hunting Terak in the tunnels - she got lost several times before finally finding her way out. Her skis made hunting Ice Creatures much easier by comparison. 

WalkLikeAZombie: Earth Creature: Failure

WalkLikeAZombie: Ice Creature: Success

BEGIN ROUND 1 PART 2

I will be sending PMs out to you as quickly as possible, starting with Mr. ice RAHKSHI who badly wants his for some reason. You will have 24 hours to respond. Do not post attacks in this topic. 

EDIT: All PMs are sent out. You have 24 hours to respond.

Edited by fishers64
  • Upvote 1

END OF ROUND 1 PART 2

On Pahrak's ship, an ugly B-list song by an artist that no one cared about began playing:

We.are.not. forgotten. 
We. are. not. alone. 
He. is. holding. us. 
And he'll never let go. 

Kuan was the first to arrive at Unalaq's door. "Could you please turn that down?" he asked, only to get blasted in the face by a torrent of Water. Unalaq grinned as he took Kuan's Creature of Fire for himself, watching Kuan fail about in the water helplessly.

Tekulo walked in then, trying to send vines at Unalaq, but the water swept them away. Lucina walked past the recovering Kuan, only to shift into Voltex form upon seeing the water and send his Creature of Fire to blast the would-be Umarak murderer. Unfortunately Unalaq's own creature of fire countered that strike, leaving them in a dead heat. Literally.

Meanwhile, MEE approached ShadowVezon. "I have cookies," said MEE. "Cake?" The incensed Skakdi glared at MEE. "I also have this cute little friend here," he said, holding up Melum. "Wanna give him a-" His voice was cut off as ShadowVezon blasted him into a bulkhead and stalked off to go find someone actually worth hitting.

"-hug?" MEE finished. "Cute creature hugs, $5!"

"I'll take you up on that," said Pahrak. MEE handed the creature over...and then promptly took it back. "Hug and release."

It was then that Ghidora felt an arrow in his back. Turning around, he saw Huntress in a dark corner of the room - and promptly ran away, hugging his ice creature friend.

Somewhere else, Ikir broke into MEE's room behind the kitchen, looking for Terak, intending to burn him alive. Fortunately, the ice RAHKSHI entered the room just in time to save Terak from his fiery fate, coating Ikir's mouth with ice. Gleeful, the RAHKSHI took the Earth creature, and him and his two creature friends went back to his room to play Phase 10 Master Edition.

Back in the middle of the flame war, Kuan took advantage of the distraction to slip past Unalaq and snatch his ice creature from his room, heading out of the hallway the other direction behind the would-be murderer's back.

Dumerak the Trapper and his Ice creature waited for Pahrak near his room, the two eagerly plotting Pahrak's demise...but Pahrak never came back to his room. Instead, Pahrak went to go to the bridge, where he found a bunch of RNGs dancing to Not Forgotten by Ryan Stevenson and piping that into the PA system right above Unalaq's room.

ShadowVezon blasted Pahrak with Fire, but the Bohrok rolled out of the way and let the RNGs take the heat. His Jungle Creature was nowhere near him right now, thankfully.

BEGIN ROUND 2 PART 1

Everyone has been PMed to inform them of their gains and losses, as per usual for these games. When you have absorbed that information, post the two creatures that you would like to acquire this round below.

Go!

Edited by fishers64
  • Upvote 1

If we're going to stay on my ship, it requires a name

I hereby dub it the Cahdok Cruiser Model 358/2

After the naming ceremony I will level up my Creatures and then go to catch a Ketar and an Akida

EDIT: You know what, this ship has obviously been refitted for this specific task, so I shall call this Cahdok Cruiser Model 358/2--Configuration 'Unity Jaeger'.  Details matter.

Edited by Pahrak #0579
  • Upvote 1

If we're going to stay on my ship, it requires a name

I hereby dub it the Cahdok Cruiser Model 358/2

After the naming ceremony I will level up my Creatures and then go to catch a Ketar and an Akida

Love the name for the ship name.

OOC: *lamblasts self for being a horrible late person*

END OF ROUND 2 PART 1

Kuan easily found his Fire Creature and Stone Creature in the Labyrinth of Control. One could admire his dedication if he wasn't so horribly over-specialized.

Luroka: Fire and Stone Creatures: Success. 

the ice RAHKSHI spent a long and awful day hunting for his Stone Creature in the Desert Maze. Finally dragging himself home with his prize, he found an unexpected gift waiting for him in his room - a Fire Creature. 

Truly, it was a very lucky day indeed. Now he just needed to get that thing away from him before he died of heatstroke. He went to the kitchen to go get some ice water and ice cream. 

ToaTimeLord: Fire and Stone Creatures: Success

Pahrak for some reason had gotten lazy on the Stone Section, a friend to him in previous games, just leaving a trap for Ketar. He then went swimming for the day, coming back with Akida...only to find his trap empty. 

Pahrak #0579: Stone Creature: Failure

Pahrak #0579: Water Creature: Success

Unalaq and Lucina decided to stay on the ship - FF out of paranoia and Lucina out of laziness. Not that either was going to be an obstacle.

FF the Forgotten: Earth and Ice Creatures: Success

Lucina: Fire and Ice Creatures: Success

"Let's go to the desert today!" Ghidora said randomly. Sir Quackers, Tekulo, and Samantha all looked at the crazytoran like he was, well, crazy. 

"Nah, that's too hot and miserable," said Sir Quackers. "I suggest a much more sensible path." 

"Let's go to the Earth region, with all of the spooky dark tunnels!"

"Sounds like fun." said Tekulo. 

So Tekulo and Ghidora went to the land of the spooky dark tunnels. In there, they found the Earth Creature Terak and his evil twin Ekrak. Ghidora and Tekulo separated the two creatures, and headed home to play Go Fish with Samantha. 

Ghidora: Stone Creature: Failure

Ghidora: Earth Creature: Success

Tekulo: Stone Creature: Failure

Tekulo: Earth Creature: Success

Shortly thereafter, Dumerak emerged from the tunnels to find his water traps empty. 

Pulse: Earth Creature: Success

Pulse: Water Creature: Failure

And ShadowVezon did not find relief from the desert in the jungle. 

ShadowVezon: Stone Creature: Success

ShadowVezon: Jungle Creature: Failure

WalkLikeAZombie: One missed creature finding round. 

BEGIN ROUND 2 PART 2

Your PMs will be updated shortly. When they do, you will have 24 hours to respond. Go!

• Upvote 1

the ice RAHKSHI spent a long and awful day hunting for his Stone Creature in the Desert Maze. Finally dragging himself home with his prize, he found an unexpected gift waiting for him in his room - a Fire Creature.

Truly, it was a very lucky day indeed. Now he just needed to get that thing away from him before he died of heatstroke. He went to the kitchen to go get some ice water and ice cream.

ToaTimeLord: Fire and Stone Creatures: Success

This is funny I was eating Ice cream when I reading this.

• Upvote 1

END OF ROUND 2 PART 2

The evening began with Kuan and Unalaq meeting in the kitchen for some grape juice. "I'll trade your Water Creature for my Stone Creature," Unalaq said, sipping his drink.

"Deal," said Kuan. The two parted ways.

When Unalaq got back to his room, he found his ice creature missing and ShadowVezon standing in the middle of it with Ikir, demanding to know where his creature of ice was.

Unalaq looked really confused. "It was in this room," he said, looking around. Whoever had stolen it, they had done so without a trace. Baffling, since he had left his door locked.

He was rescued from this awful conversation by an ice RAHKSHI and Ghidora, who blasted the shadow Skakdi, trapping him in a pillar of ice and running off laughing. Ikir managed to rescue his master, but not before the crazytoran and the RAHKSHI had stolen his other two creatures.

Lucina and Pulse had a different target in mind - instead of staying in the ship to be attacked, they headed out into the Labyrinth to battle Umarak.

"Who goes first?" hissed Pulse.

"I will, wimp," said Lucina, approaching the throne of Umarak. "I am here to claim the Mask of Control."

Umarak laughed. "You are foolish, coming here with so few weapons. I will easily guard this mask from you, pathetic lady."

Lucina shifted into Voltex form, glaring at him.

Umarak scowled. "So the lady can shapeshift." The Mask of Control glowed, and his six creatures surrounded Lucina's group, pushing them away. Voltex smoothly barked orders to his creatures, but it was no use - the commands weren't anywhere near as fast as the speed the Mask of Control provided. 

Pulse tried to emerge from the shadows to join the battle, but a few shots from Umarak's powerful bow put a swift end to that. 

Tekulo tried to enter the battle to steal a creature from Lucina...but swiftly decided that was a bad idea and fled, Sir Quackers squawking in horror.

BEGIN ROUND 3 PART 1

PMs will be sent...and you have 24 hours to post the two creatures you wish to acquire below. Go!

• Upvote 1