Tahu, Uniter of Fire Character Video Appears on Facebook

The official LEGO Bionicle Facebook page has shared a brand-new character video of Tahu, Uniter of Fire. Based on the animation style it would appear to be made up of footage from the upcoming Netflix series LEGO Bionicle: The Journey to One. It's quite impressive to see this style in motion, from the detailed CGI renders of the Toa to the more expressive style of the effects and scenery. Presumably similar videos for the other Toa are coming soon. Follow the link above to watch the video!

View the full article

• Upvote 3

Not going to lie, the voice acting was a little...surprising. But the animation is sweet, look at the little Shadow Trap at 0:10, hiding behind a rock like Vakama in LoMN. I think Journey to One will be a nice show.

Now that we've seen the animation in action, here's a reminder about the promotional poster - you can get a glimpse at how the other Toa will appear in the show.

Also, I love that there are familiar features in the video. We can see the temple thing from the Region of Fire art, and the Fire village...it's kind of sucking me into Okoto. :D

Edited by Nescent
  • Upvote 2

IetTsFQ.png

Woooooorrrrlld building! Finally, I cant wait for this!

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

Strangely, Netflix still hasn't actually given a launch date for the series even though it's slated for next month and they pushed out their formal schedule to press today.  Hope it's not slipping to March for whatever reason.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Wow! I love this video! We can finally see a preview for the Netflix show! The animation looks great! I can see some interesting G1 references, like the lava from MNOG (well, the lava could have needed some work because it looks 2-D instead of 3-D, but okay) and how Tahu touched some kind of door or wall that made his hand glow for some reason (reminds of a scene in Bionicle: The Legend Reborn). Plus, I love how Tahu and Ikir unite. That was epic! Man, I love how I see world building in the video! I am so hyped for the show!:D

Hopefully, more videos about the other Toa will be great like this one.:)

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

I am a huge fan of the very stylized visuals of the first few movies, but this still looks good to me despite sticking close to the sets. I enjoy cell shading, and the few breaks from the set that the model took all looked good. I just wish that they had taken a bit more liberty with the design and gave Tahu a mouth. It looks like his eyes are going to be very expressive though.

I really hope that the fights in this series looks good are are choreographed well. That is one thing that the older movies never did satisfactorily for me.

I really hope that this series is still on track for next month.

PSN ID: darthlego
Gamertag: SPARTAN J46
Steam name: jumpy46

Let me just say: while I'm still pretty undecided on how I feel about the style as a whole, I'm in LOVE Tahu's expressiveness. Particularly that one clip where his eyes widen.

I was pretty incredulous about how a show with set-accurate characters would be (no mouths and such) but I'm pretty hopeful about how they're gonna handle facial expressions.

Also, dunno what everyone's saying about the voice! The voice clip is only a few seconds long so I don't know what's expected here. If that's what Tahu sounds like when he's calm, that's fine by me. Of course, odds are it's just a narrator for this particular clip so it's probably pretty early to jump to any conclusions

Edited by constable-frozen

• 3 weeks later...