what do you think of the netflix animation

bohrokman

I actually quite like the interplay between the detailed character designs and the more expressive backgrounds and effects. The backgrounds are reminiscent of the ones from last year's webisodes, which adds a nice feeling of consistency from year to year, but now with more dimension to them so the 3D Toa don't feel totally out of place.

I definitely like that the Toa are set-like, but just stylized enough to feel more lifelike. For instance, Tahu's Bright Red and Tr. Flu. Reddish Orange parts are basically treated as the same color in the animated version, and his hips and thighs are a lot less bony. It is a bit frustrating though that subtler details like the runes on the Toa's masks aren't as noticeable in this style.

I do kind of wonder whether the Toa's masks will be able to convey emotion as well as the more stylized 2D designs used in last year's webisodes. So far we've mostly just seen action scenes that don't really do a good job showing that, but if we see the Toa having an actual conversation, I would want to be able to see what they're feeling.

I've enjoyed what I've seen so far. Tahu and Lewa look great in what has been shown, and from what I can tell the environments look good too. I don't have any problems with it at all. At least for now, anyways.

• Upvote 1

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I actually quite like the interplay between the detailed character designs and the more expressive backgrounds and effects. The backgrounds are reminiscent of the ones from last year's webisodes, which adds a nice feeling of consistency from year to year, but now with more dimension to them so the 3D Toa don't feel totally out of place.

I definitely like that the Toa are set-like, but just stylized enough to feel more lifelike. For instance, Tahu's Bright Red and Tr. Flu. Reddish Orange parts are basically treated as the same color in the animated version, and his hips and thighs are a lot less bony. It is a bit frustrating though that subtler details like the runes on the Toa's masks aren't as noticeable in this style.

I do kind of wonder whether the Toa's masks will be able to convey emotion as well as the more stylized 2D designs used in last year's webisodes. So far we've mostly just seen action scenes that don't really do a good job showing that, but if we see the Toa having an actual conversation, I would want to be able to see what they're feeling.

I kinda agree with you but still have to see the actual show to fully base my opinions, btw totally off topic but you rock Aanchir!

• Upvote 1

Here came the bride all dressed in white I wish it was red then you all be deadlandscape_xlarge.jpg

I like it. :)

It's the quality of the story I'm worried about...

Agreed. The animation is definitely a work of art and a treat for the eyes. 

Although the animation sequences cut from scene to scene too fast in my opinion, and the slow music didn't reflect the action-like nature of the clips or the animation speed. 

They handled it much better than the movies did in my opinion. Keeping the look the toys have while slightly updating them to be more appealing and expressive, instead of radically redesigning them with a weird asthetic and giving them mouths.

Aanchir, on 26 Jan 2016 - 1:01 PM, said:

At least for me i'd rather have them convey their emotions mostly through body language and voice acting rather than having the masks move around. It just doesn't look right when their masks move like that, one of my least favorite parts of the movies. 
Edited by hiddenderek
  • Upvote 1

after seeing all character videos I now have changed my opinion  this style looks so amazing (or maybe I'm just a biased lewa lover) I can not wait for the animations, like so much so that I bribed the doctor to come and bring me to Feburay blank.

Here came the bride all dressed in white I wish it was red then you all be deadlandscape_xlarge.jpg

I like the stylistic interplay. Gives a fantasy vibe and I am looking forward to the adventures!

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

It's a long serialized commercial that you need to pay for.

Minus the "serialized" part, that description could describe any of the Bionicle movies! Although it's a considerably less expensive commercial than those were. Those each cost $15–30 new, whereas watching The Journey to One will cost just $8 unless Netflix decides to hike up their prices.

Minus the "serialized" part, that description could describe any of the Bionicle movies! Although it's a considerably less expensive commercial than those were. Those each cost $15–30 new, whereas watching The Journey to One will cost just $8 unless Netflix decides to hike up their prices.

Also, considering that Netflix is a service that features substantially more media than just these Bionicle episodes, the price comparison is even more uneven. That $8 doesn't just get you these episodes—it gets you that, plus all four original Bionicle movies, plus the entire Netflix movie and TV library, for a full month. And that's assuming that you're a new customer—existing Netflix subscribers are essentially getting these webisodes for no more than they're already paying.

Still, it would be nice to know if these episodes will ever be released on home media. From what I can tell from a quick Google search, it's not unheard of for Netflix original series to see DVD or Blu-Ray releases. But at the same time, the release of Journey to One as a Netflix series would presumably have been done because it's preferable to the costs and inconvenience of a physical release. And unlike other series where the series itself is the chief source of profit, I don't know if Lego would see any benefit to releasing this year's Bionicle story on home media after this year is up...

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Also, considering that Netflix is a service that features substantially more media than just these Bionicle episodes, the price comparison is even more uneven. That $8 doesn't just get you these episodes—it gets you that, plus all four original Bionicle movies, plus the entire Netflix movie and TV library, for a full month. And that's assuming that you're a new customer—existing Netflix subscribers are essentially getting these webisodes for no more than they're already paying.

Still, it would be nice to know if these episodes will ever be released on home media. From what I can tell from a quick Google search, it's not unheard of for Netflix original series to see DVD or Blu-Ray releases. But at the same time, the release of Journey to One as a Netflix series would presumably have been done because it's preferable to the costs and inconvenience of a physical release. And unlike other series where the series itself is the chief source of profit, I don't know if Lego would see any benefit to releasing this year's Bionicle story on home media after this year is up...

Actually I'm pretty sure the first two Bionicle movies at least got taken off of Netflix. I might be wrong though.

A home media release for the new series would be awesome!

Using Netflix to binge watch Agents of Shield already... Four episodes of Bionicle: Journey to One will be an easy addition. I just hope its decent enough to be aproved by my critical 21 year old opinions and spark nostalgia in me the same way the 2015 sets sparked nostslgia.

Edited by Xboxtravis
  • Upvote 1

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!