What unusual colors would you like to see in Bionicle sets?

Nescent

Pretty much what the title says - what rare or bizarre colors would you like to see used in Bionicle sets?

I really like the yellow-brown blend that Carapar used. Another good one was the white-red blend from Krika. Glow-in-the-dark pieces, as seen on Takadox, would also be really cool, even though the glow effect wore off over time.

• Upvote 2

IetTsFQ.png

I'm just gonna speak for almost everybody ever.

TEAL-PURPLE BLEND.

Green-blue blend would be cool on the Plantlife element if they're taking some of the element's info from G1. I'd also like to see bronze used in a BIONICLE set. We've seen gold and silver, so it's time to complete the color trio.

• Upvote 13

mindeth the cobwebs

Magenta, dark blue, that one reddish-sandy color, all sorts of stuff really.

(I'd include purple, but we've been getting more of that lately with the Onua and Earth Creature sets, so my need for glorious purple has been satisfied. For now...)

"Whether that is right or not...I also...as a Rider...have a wish that I want to fulfill."

Don't know about Bionicle specifically... but I'd love to see more constraction parts in "girlier" colors, including but not limited to:

Also, more parts in flesh tones (including Light Nougat, Nougat, and Medium Nougat) would be much appreciated. And White Glow parts would be amazing.

• Upvote 3

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I'd like to get some more brown, dark brown, dark tan, and tan bits. The SW sets have been fantastic for this, but the selection is still lacking and difficult to obtain. Also, trans-yellow, trans-red, trans-dark blue (limbs), and trans-clear would be awesome. I'd say teal, but honestly I like the current azure selection better, and I would like to see more parts in those colors. Sand colors (red, purple, blue) are always appreciated (thank you Jango Fett). And I'd have to agree with Lyichir about all those Friends and Princess set colors. I would have so much fun with those...

Turquoise/Teal (from Kongu)

Trans-Yellow (I could've sworn Pohatu had trans-yellow in the first 2015 photos, not trans-lime!  And it'd look so much better)

Keetongu Orange

Lots and lots of metallic.  Dusky gold from the Sir Rascus set.  Gunmetal.  Blue metal from Santis.  Those metallic colors the Krana-Kal and Kraata used.  Orange gold from Jayko.

Glow in the dark, on... something.

Avatar by Nicholas Anderson (NickonAquaMagna)

My blog: The Jaga's Nest

Don't know about Bionicle specifically... but I'd love to see more constraction parts in "girlier" colors, including but not limited to:

Also, more parts in flesh tones (including Light Nougat, Nougat, and Medium Nougat) would be much appreciated. And White Glow parts would be amazing.

The first time I read your post, I thought you said you wanted "grittier" colors and then saw the list and started chuckling.

But some of those would be really nice. It kind of reminds me of the early Mata Nui era years where every set had a softer secondary color (tan for brown, orange for red, etc.). It would be nice to see some of that color scheme return. Those colors you listed would make great secondary colors in that style.

Even though it made a major appearance on Umarak, translucent green barely ever appears outside of eyestalk colors. I am also not a big fan of the ubiquitous trans-yellow-green, and would prefer if regular translucent green would become the more common trans-green color.

Also, getting CCBS bones in more colors than greys and translucent colors would be nice. 

PSN ID: darthlego
Gamertag: SPARTAN J46
Steam name: jumpy46

I'll have to second Nescent's Idea of Glow-in-the-dark pieces. Back in '07, it gave Takadox/Nocturn a very mysterious, ghostly vibe, and It also worked in last year's Ninjago sets (Not that I got any, mind you), so I'd bet that 2017's Bionicle sets would have at least one Glow-in-the-dark element in a set.

I'd like to see Metallic and Translucent parts in uncommon colours, especially Purple eyes and CCBS Shells. Then again, doesn't everyone want more trans.purple parts?

• Upvote 1

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon

I'll have to second Nescent's Idea of Glow-in-the-dark pieces. Back in '07, it gave Takadox/Nocturn a very mysterious, ghostly vibe, and It also worked in last year's Ninjago sets (Not that I got any, mind you), so I'd bet that 2017's Bionicle sets would have at least one Glow-in-the-dark element in a set.

I'd like to see Metallic and Translucent parts in uncommon colours, especially Purple eyes and CCBS Shells. Then again, doesn't everyone want more trans.purple parts?

We'd be guaranteed at keast one Glow-part if the piraka came back. :b

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

Lots and lots of metallic.  Dusky gold from the Sir Rascus set.  Gunmetal.  Blue metal from Santis.  Those metallic colors the Krana-Kal and Kraata used.  Orange gold from Jayko.

Pretty much all of those metallic colors were discontinued in 2006 as part of the LEGO Group's efforts to simplify their color palette. I recognize that this is a wish list topic and you don't have to think realistically, but I figured I'd let you know just so you aren't waiting with bated breath to see those colors again.

Also, you could have just said "those metallic colors the Krana-Kal used", since those basically included all the other colors you mentioned. :P

In my case, I mostly agree with the ones Lyi mentioned. More Earth Blue, Reddish Brown, and Dark Brown CCBS parts could also be nice. Glitter colors would be pretty new and different — the Disney Princess sets still use quite a few of those.

Last year's Ninjago sets actually included barely any glow-in-the-dark parts, apart from a few 1x1 studs and cones on weapons and lanterns (which, being the new White Glow color, appear more white than green in normal lighting). The parts used for most of the ghost vehicles were Trans. Neon Green and Spring Yellowish Green. Bionicle already has plenty of the former, but the latter has only appeared in Tahu, Onua, and their Protectors' respective Skull Spiders, and it'd be nice to see more of it. And of course, some actual glow-in-the-dark parts wouldn't hurt either!

Edited by Lyichir

I think I'll say teal. And not the cyan sets like Thornraxx used, that's not teal, and being the closest colour to teal today does not make it teal, either. It's not greenish enough to pass for teal. 

More blueish-green colours in general would be nice.

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

Transparent Brown or clear in constraction limbs or shells (maybe even mixed with wisps/streaks of color in them HF Breakout Surge's Electric weapon cable)

More of translucent blue in constraction... Preferrably the trans-blue matoro inika had, not the current watery blue color we've seen on Kopaka and Protector of Ice.

Old eye piece colors from for eyestalks, like Orkahm's transparent red and Gali/Takanuva 2002-03 transparent yellow (not bohrok eye lime green) and tahus old 2001 transparent pink or what its called.

qs3135.jpg

More of translucent blue in constraction... Preferrably the trans-blue matoro inika had, not the current watery blue color we've seen on Kopaka and Protector of Ice.

Oh right, how could I not mention this? Transparent Fluorescent Blue is a color I'd like to see a lot more in constraction. It's still on the LEGO color palette, but frustratingly it feels like in all constraction sets Tr. Light Blue has completely taken its place. Due to not being fluorescent, Tr. Light Blue doesn't work nearly as well as an eye color as Tr. Fluorescent Blue does, which results in problems like with the current batch of Toa where their eyes sometimes don't show up well behind their masks unless you light them directly from behind.

Old eye piece colors from for eyestalks, like Orkahm's transparent red and Gali/Takanuva 2002-03 transparent yellow (not bohrok eye lime green) and tahus old 2001 transparent pink or what its called.

Transparent Red is still available, though again it gets into the problem I mentioned above with non-fluorescent eye colors not showing up as well as fluorescent ones. It might be cool to see this color in other sorts of parts like shells though.

Transparent Fluorescent Yellow (Gali's original eye color) and Transparent Fluorescent Red (Tahu's original eye color) are both really cool colors, but unfortunately, they've both been discontinued for many years. They're just some of those colors LEGO introduced back when their color palette was expanding out of control, then hardly used and ended up discontinuing when they tried to get their color palette back under control.

Presumably, besides them being so scarcely used, LEGO might have considered them too similar to the much more common Tr. Yellow and Tr. Medium Reddish Violet. Now THOSE two colors could be interesting to see more in constraction, especially the latter.

• Upvote 5

It's clear that transparent colors are here to stay as a sub-dominant color in most Bionicle sets, I would like to see the transparent color range expanded greatly. I know that eye colors were simplified down to only fluorescent colors (though that trend was broken with trans light blue eyes) but I feel for actual bones/shells colors like trans dark green and trans red would work quite well, as the trans purple on Onua looks great in it's use as armor. Since the colors are being used in ways other than for eyes, I feel many of those colors could be brought back successfully. 

EDIT: Oh, hey, Hapori is my new spinny. 10 years, wow!

Edited by VBBN
  • Upvote 2

Trans-Pink

Trans-Yellow

More Pure Transparent (Clear)

Turquoise-Teal

Copper

Metallic Sand Yellow

Metallic Green

Pearl Gold

Metallic Sand Red

Metallic Sand Blue

Sand Blue

Sand Red

Dark Red

Dark Blue

Dark Green

Very Light Grey/Off White

Dark Silver

Pearl Silver

Phosphorus White (Bone Color)

• Upvote 2

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

You know what color I just realized we need? Just regular, classic Mata Green. We have lime, bright green, dark green, and trans-green shells, but none in plain old green. That would be really nice.

• Upvote 4

You know what color I just realized we need? Just regular, classic Mata Green. We have lime, bright green, dark green, and trans-green shells, but none in plain old green. That would be really nice.

On the one hand, you're right that that's a color that's pretty much non-existent in CCBS aside from the heads and Hero Cores of Nex 2.0 and Nex 3.0. On the other hand, I kind of like that green G2 Bionicle sets have taken to using Bright Green. For many years it was a woefully underused color despite basically being the green equivalent of Mata Red (Bright Red) and Mata Blue (Bright Blue). Instead, Dark Green (Mata Green) was used as the default green color for most LEGO sets. When LEGO City garbage trucks and the Green Lantern buildable figure started using Bright Green to a greater extent in 2012, a lot of people mistook it for a brand-new color even though it's been on the LEGO Group's color palette since at least 1994!

On the one hand, you're right that that's a color that's pretty much non-existent in CCBS aside from the heads and Hero Cores of Nex 2.0 and Nex 3.0. On the other hand, I kind of like that green G2 Bionicle sets have taken to using Bright Green. For many years it was a woefully underused color despite basically being the green equivalent of Mata Red (Bright Red) and Mata Blue (Bright Blue). Instead, Dark Green (Mata Green) was used as the default green color for most LEGO sets. When LEGO City garbage trucks and the Green Lantern buildable figure started using Bright Green to a greater extent in 2012, a lot of people mistook it for a brand-new color even though it's been on the LEGO Group's color palette since at least 1994!

Screw Bright Green, I wanna see Light and Medium Green.

Are we still trying to bring back purple? Or is teal the new thing now?

To be honest, by now there are more parts in Medium Lilac (Dark Purple) than we ever really had in the classic purple. And if you wanted a lighter shade, I'd much rather stick to current colors like Bright Reddish Violet, Lavender, or Medium Lavender that have yet to appear in constraction but ARE already used in a wide variety of System parts.

And considering that Bright Bluish Green (Teal) seems like it actually HAS come back (albeit just for print colors and fabric elements so far), bringing it back for constraction honestly makes more sense than it might have several years back...

• Upvote 1