Misprint Takadox Box?

Hi there BZP forums!

I haven't posted on here for over a year but recently have been coming back into reading the forums, but I had to post this!

(If this is in the wrong place Admin please move it to the correct place, thanks!)

Anyways I was scanning Ebay looking up Bionicle kanohi misprint and such and came across this listing: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Lego-Bionicle-Barraki-Takadox-8916-Brand-New-Factory-Sealed-Misprint-/251751939783?hash=item3a9d95bec7:g:Hb0AAOSwQJhUiImC

The owner claims its a misprint Takadox box and is brand new, the blue base is instead black which is from Mantax's box, he does have 100% positive feedback but I saw this and had to post it here. 

What do all of you think of this, legit or just replaced the blue lid with Mantax's black lid???

I wasn't ever thinking of purchasing this just thought it was interesting and hadnt seen this happen before to an official LEGO box of any kind.

Here is his quote on the listing: 

"Up for sale is a brand new factory sealed Takadox (8916) but has a factory mistake, it has a Black cap instead of a Blue one. Had this for ages my mom purchased it thinking I needed it at the time but we found out I already had it and that it was misprinted. We never returned it just kept it locked up with some other sealed things I had. I've tried researching it but found absolutely nothing about it but misprinted masks. In the pictures I put side-by-side one of my old used Takadox, just a normal one, to show the difference between a new and used copy and to show how the new one had the wrong cap. (mind the dust it will be cleaned before being shipped also the used Takadox is not for sale with the item it is just for a reference)"
Edited by randomreviewerbros
  • Upvote 1

Go check out our Youtube channel! We review BIONICLE and other LEGO related items!
https://www.youtube.com/user/RandomReviewerBros

Interesting. I don't think I've seen a Bionicle set with a misprint, if that is what this is, on its canister or box before. I guess if the sets themselves can have them, their canisters or boxes can too. :P

This one looks cool, but I personally don't know would pay $200 for it though.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

That listing has been there for over a year, that ought to tell you something.  :guilty:

It's just not an interesting piece, and is absolutely not worth $200. It's not a misprint, they just put the wrong lid on the canister. And for something like this to be valuable, it should at least look cool.

• Upvote 2

IetTsFQ.png

Wow thanks for the feedback, I absolutely had no idea that LEGO could do that with their boxes, the pieces I understand because there are so much more then boxes to manufacture but I didnt know this could happen, definitely definitely not worth $200 tho like youve all been saying lol

I've seen this in stores before back in 2007. They either mixed up the caps in the factory or ran out of blues and went with black. I might say the latter, since the ones I saw also used black instead of red or yellow or some other vibrant color--black fits better with blue. Not sure if it's worth $200 tho.

So you saw this happen quite a few times when the Barraki were actually out on store shelves? 

Go check out our Youtube channel! We review BIONICLE and other LEGO related items!

Wow thanks for the feedback, I absolutely had no idea that LEGO could do that with their boxes, the pieces I understand because there are so much more then boxes to manufacture but I didnt know this could happen, definitely definitely not worth $200 tho like youve all been saying lol

I've seen this in stores before back in 2007. They either mixed up the caps in the factory or ran out of blues and went with black. I might say the latter, since the ones I saw also used black instead of red or yellow or some other vibrant color--black fits better with blue. Not sure if it's worth $200 tho.

So you saw this happen quite a few times when the Barraki were actually out on store shelves? 

Yeah, I remember going to Walmart when the Barraki first came out and they had a hundred of them in all colors, and I noticed that some of the blue ones had black lids. I just assumed it was a factory error. If I'd received one as a gift, I'd probably go exchange it for a correct one, and would most certainly not pay $200 for it :o.

I also vaguely remember seeing Pridak with a black lid at some point. Perhaps black was just the universal replacement if there was a shortage or something.

Edited by bioniclepluslotr
  • Upvote 1

Yeah, I remember going to Walmart when the Barraki first came out and they had a hundred of them in all colors, and I noticed that some of the blue ones had black lids. I just assumed it was a factory error. If I'd received one as a gift, I'd probably go exchange it for a correct one, and would most certainly not pay $200 for it :o.

I also vaguely remember seeing Pridak with a black lid at some point. Perhaps black was just the universal replacement if there was a shortage or something.

wow thats very very interesting, ive never heard of that happening before!

Honestly since Takadox is a 9 year old canister set i wouldn't even rate it worth more than 5 dollars extra (20 in total) for a mere misprint lid that doesnt have much use. $200 is just overkill for a small canister set.

None of the Barraki were considered rare either. The only instances of rare canister sets nowadays are, Bohrok Kal sets being sold with the hyper rare White Metal or Sterling Silver Krana Kal, Rahkshi with a Shadow Kraata and Toa Hagah Norik since he was only in the 2 pack sets usually instead of alone.  

Honorable mentions go to 2007 Ehlek and Hahli Mahri, but only if the set is not affected by the Fragile Lime Green Joints batch incident.

Edited by necross hordika
  • Upvote 1

qs3135.jpg