Nexo Knights Costraction?

Owlexander

To start off my return to BZP, I'd like to post a thread of something I've been thinking of recently.

It's been a while since the old Kingdom Knights contraction sets came out (13 years actually, wow, that's a while) and looking at recreating my self-MOC, I was wondering if Nexo Knights could possibly have the potential to get it's own constraction line using CCBS? I'd absolutely love to get some knight masks for my self-MOC and others.

Edited by Owlexander
  • Upvote 3

:smiletakua: :m_o: :w: :l: :e: :x: :a: :n: :m_d: :e: :r: :smiletol:

76561198067723583.pngAddFriend.png

|

"We are the Turaga of the new generation." ~Owlexander

YouTube - Imgur - Flickr - Bionicle RPG Chat

It certainly could happen! I still have all the Knights Kingdom constraction figures from 2006, I think they are pretty cool, but didnt utilize BIONICLE parts so they weren't as exciting to me.

Now Nexo Knights constraction figures would be amazing, I'd love to see that happen!

Go check out our Youtube channel! We review BIONICLE and other LEGO related items!
https://www.youtube.com/user/RandomReviewerBros

To be honest, I feel a little weird about themes which exclusively use minifigures to depict their characters having larger figures with vastly different levels of detail and posability. It's one thing for a licensed theme like Star Wars or Super Heroes, in which the minifigures are obviously a stand-in for realistic characters from movies, comics, or TV. But it was a little weird how in Chima, the action figures suddenly gained lifelike proportions and distinct features like fingers and toes that were absent on their normal minifig forms. And in that case, they at least had the excuse of the action figures representing "supercharged" gigantic forms that had been powered up with Chi. Unless you plan on making the knights into literal giants, I don't see Lego being able to pull that off a second time.

I feel the same way about Ninjago figures, incidentally. But I would love to get "buildable dolls" of the Lego Elves characters, since like Exo-Force, the media for that theme features more realistic character designs rather than the actual mini-doll designs themselves.

Of course, another option that might be neat in those cases would be to try something like the new Giant-Man figure from the Marvel Super Heroes sets this year, that upscales the minifigure proportions themselves with a larger buildable figure. But I have doubts that that could sustain a full constraction subtheme, as opposed to a one-off figure design in a regular System set...

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

One thing that I think would be cool for Nexo Knights constraction sets is if the knights used the Nexo Power shield tiles as the emblems on their chests. Seems like it'd be scaled about right. The proportions of the emblems themselves would be slightly altered, but so would the proportions of the figures as a whole. :P

But I do agree with Lyi that it's uncertain how LEGO would handle minifigure characters as constraction sets. More realistic proportions are not unthinkable, but the faces are my biggest concern. Just scaling up the cylindrical, noseless, bright yellow minifigure faces could look strange, but if you gave them more human-like faces it could be seen as inconsistent with the theme's overall branding.

• Upvote 1

:notsure:But I do agree with Lyi that it's uncertain how LEGO would handle minifigure characters as constraction sets. More realistic proportions are not unthinkable, but the faces are my biggest concern. Just scaling up the cylindrical, noseless, bright yellow minifigure faces could look strange, but if you gave them more human-like faces it could be seen as inconsistent with the theme's overall branding.

Or they could just be helmeted? :shrugs:

I'm just game for more swords and trans parts and all the other cool stuff that'd come with these guys done constraction.

Hand-drawn, bespoke avatar by none other than Mushy the Mushroom.

a body adrift in water, salt, and sky

:notsure:But I do agree with Lyi that it's uncertain how LEGO would handle minifigure characters as constraction sets. More realistic proportions are not unthinkable, but the faces are my biggest concern. Just scaling up the cylindrical, noseless, bright yellow minifigure faces could look strange, but if you gave them more human-like faces it could be seen as inconsistent with the theme's overall branding.

Or they could just be helmeted? :shrugs:

I'm just game for more swords and trans parts and all the other cool stuff that'd come with these guys done constraction.

YES

I'D LOVE TO SEE SOME CCBS KNIGHT HELMETS

• Upvote 1

:smiletakua: :m_o: :w: :l: :e: :x: :a: :n: :m_d: :e: :r: :smiletol:

76561198067723583.pngAddFriend.png

|

"We are the Turaga of the new generation." ~Owlexander

YouTube - Imgur - Flickr - Bionicle RPG Chat

I'd rather see them use the CCBS to make the large monsters and mechs that are already in Nexo Knights, kind of like the one year Hero Factory did mechs vs monsters. I like the brick built monsters but I think CCBS monsters would be better.

At some point you realize that you are but a speck in the Universe.

That you time in this worlds is but a blink.

You see the whole of reality as it unfolds before you.

You try to see how far you can reach, and it’s not that far past your face.

But then you come back from the brink.

You hold them in your arms again.

And you know that you are where their world begins.

You are their rock.

Weow, what a great idea! I remember getting Rascus as a kid and absolutely loving him. Though I'm not really into Nexo Knights (I've unfortunately been going through a slight dark age because of all the difficulties in my life and haven't had the time to keep up) the sets looks really cool and constraction would look awesome.

I don't think the translation is that big of a jump. With the Chima sets they suddenly went from cartoony to realistic, but I think that wouldn't be the case quite as much with these. Knights Kingdom figure sets worked really well for me in that regard and I loved seeing how Rascus was just like the minifigure but just up-scaled with more details.

• 3 weeks later...

Constraction sets could turn what is already my favorite System toyline into my favorite LEGO toyline as a whole, so I am all in favor for that idea.

Although, to offer an alternative, I'd really like to see System-based Constraction figures ala Mixels that could slot into the $10 price-point that the Ultimates currently occupy.

Interesting topic.  I think Lego will try it.  They have been trying to include the CCBS in other themes so it isn't a Bionicle only zone. Chima, Marvel, DC and Star Wars.  I think what we might get are mecha with CCBS elements like Exo-Force and Ninjago.

I don't think we'll get Chi-Axl or Chi-Lance like in the Chima line. But I hope we get the shields from all the previous Castle sub themes.

"Honor those the dragons heed, in thought and favor, word and deed"

"Worlds are lost and worlds are saved, from those dangers dragons brave"

qs3174.jpg