Favorite Cartoons Topic

Grungemeister

Seeing as how the favorite cartoons topic's last post was last March, I figure there should be a new one. Discuss cartoons in general!

I'll start with a revelation I had the other day. Someone told me I should Gravity Falls, so I did. Something was bugging me though, and that was that a character sounded very similar to a character from an older cartoon. It stuck with me, until I realized Gideon and Flapjack have the same voice actor, Thurop van Orman,

• Upvote 1

OqAhaVh.gif   qIprtVB.png     

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  
special thx to Inary the Gunhaver for my new username. 

Speaking of Gravity Falls...that is definitely my favorite cartoon right now. The ending was great.

That and Star VS. The Forces of Evil are the only cartoons I watch at all right now. Er, watched, in the case of the former, since...yeah. ALSO I KNEW GIDEON SOUNDED FAMILIAR. Whaddya know.

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

Hey! Glad to see this is back. Thanks Vanson for reviving it.

Favorite Western cartoon series are (in no particular order): Amazing World of Gumball (post season one and forward), half of Spongebob Squarepants, Samurai Jack Ren and Stimpy (original series, not the SpikeTV abomination), half of Robot Chicken, Mad, The Misadventures of Flapjack, half of Uncle Grandpa (guilty pleasure), Space Ghost: Coast to Coast, much of Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Ed Edd 'n Eddy, DC Animated Universe, Invader Zim, King of the Hill, Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, and American Dad. Probably missed a few, but most of those are the ones that have influenced me and I still reference today. If you can't tell, Cartoon Network is my mcschintzel.

So, has anyone heard that Cartoon Network is going to try and revive/reboot The Powerpuff Girls, again? Man, those guys sure are persistent.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

My favourite cartoons are "Teen Titans", "Transformers: Animated", "Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu", "Avatar, the Last Airbender", "Samurai Jack", "Thundercats", "Young Justice", "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic", "Steven Universe", and a bunch of others I'm probably forgetting about because I don't really care to remember what the carp I'm thinking of.

EDIT: I mean the original Thundercats, although the reboot was decent as well.

Perhaps they should both be on my list.

Edited by Petewa the Swift-Footed

Futurama, Steven Universe, Archer, Gravity Falls, Adventure Time, The Powerpuff Girls, Over the Garden Wall, Ben 10...there are likely more. Dunno.

That's just speaking western toons though. If we start getting into anime my list of favorites is ridiculous, as I have watched quite a ridiculous amount. Some I've watched recently that have become favorites include Princess Tutu, the Monogatari series, Hidamari Sketch, Shimoseka, WIXOSS, Gatchaman Crowds, Tesagure! Bukatsumono...bunch others really. I guess I'd count School-Live? I watched too many this past year...Oh yeah! Heartcatch Precure is perfection. Go! Princess is pretty great too. And...meh, yeah. Don't even really get me started.

AXKP5KC.png

Currently, Gravity Falls and Steven Universe are some of my faves. Of course, I'd also include Ninjago, Nexo Knights, Elves, and other Lego cartoons.

There's a lot of shows I'd like to watch but haven't found a reliable way to, like Adventure Time, Star vs. the Forces of Evil and Over the Garden Wall. I've been considering getting a Hulu account just because it seems to offer significantly more current cartoons than Netflix does...

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Currently, Gravity Falls and Steven Universe are some of my faves. Of course, I'd also include Ninjago, Nexo Knights, Elves, and other non-Chima Lego cartoons.

There's a lot of shows I'd like to watch but haven't found a reliable way to, like Adventure Time, Star vs. the Forces of Evil and Over the Garden Wall. I've been considering getting a Hulu account just because it seems to offer significantly more current cartoons than Netflix does...

What does Netflix offer?

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Currently, Gravity Falls and Steven Universe are some of my faves. Of course, I'd also include Ninjago, Nexo Knights, Elves, and other non-Chima Lego cartoons.

What does Netflix offer?

As far as the kinds of cartoons I'm interested in getting into, not a whole lot. From what I remember last I checked It's got a decent variety of older shows (I'm thinking of binge-watching Young Justice soon, particularly since I've heard good things about it and the creators have apparently been hinting that Netflix is considering reviving it), and they also have a fair number of Lego shows including Ninjago, Chima, and various other specials (not to mention the upcoming Lego Friends and Bionicle series which Netflix are producing). But otherwise, from my experience its selection of ongoing series is rather sparse—I know they had Adventure Time at one point, but not anymore.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

• 2 weeks later...

Last week Lyi and I started watching Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir. Fantastic show! A bit formulaic at times, as is to be expected with a "monster of the week" storyline, but the beautiful animation, scenic Parisian setting, and incredibly charming characters make it all worthwhile!

It's on hiatus right now but the creators promise on social media that it's not cancelled and is coming back soon. :)

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

I recently finished watching Gravity Falls, and that was a feels roller coaster if I've ever felt one. It's also one of the most genuinely funny shows I've watched in a long time.

Um, the section for unfashionable grandma clothes is over there.

​Yeah? Well, the section for people who lose at mini golf is OUT THERE! *exit sign*

​WHOA! Did someone call an ambulance? Because we heard a little girl just got BURNED!

High school, where girls become women and we learn stuff about...you know what.

Trigonometry?

Oh yeah, baby!

• Upvote 1

OqAhaVh.gif   qIprtVB.png     

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  
special thx to Inary the Gunhaver for my new username.