The Unsung Colors Of Purple And Teal

fishers64

Bionicle and Hero Factory. And any of the pieces would be great in those colors, honestly.

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

Hero Factory. Maybe some purple on the armor pieces.

Well, The Joker set is going to have several different sizes of purple armor, but I have to admit it would be cool to get an actual purple Hero.Though I'd be happy to see purple anywhere, I was thrilled to see it cropping up in some of next years Ninjago (the snake vehicles) and Super Heroes (the Superman / Wonder Woman / Lex Luthor set, and the aforementioned Joker), as those are the only two current themes I'm really interested in besides HF."That is not dead which can eternal lie, / And with strange aeons even death may die."

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

To a degree, the new constraction figures will include those two colors of which you speak; the catch being that they're different from their previous, Technic-based incarnations.The problem is that teal and purple were never really "unsung"; people loved these colors, at least AFOL's did. Now, when we get purple and dark azure (which, to the naked eye, resembles teal), they will more than likely be decried as "different" or "not purple/teal". However, they are returning in a fashion, so it's something to look forward to for sure.

The Joker of the Ultrabuild series has purple parts, and Thornraxx in Hero Factory has a color that is very similar to Teal, though not the exact color by any means. Makes me happy.-MesonakEDIT: aagh dorek

Edited by Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

I really dig the new teal we'll be seeing in Hero Factory. Sure, it's not exactly the teal some of us love, but purple was the same way when they came out with the updated, easier-to-get-the-color-right new purple. And I, like other MOCists, didn't particularly like the change - I felt the old purple was a little more robust in hue - but different purple is better than no purple.And that's just the fan base we're a part of. Change is always hated, no matter what. :P

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Purple and Teal are very interesting cases because they were used so prolifically prior to BIONICLE (namely in the Cyber Slam/Competition and Throwbots themes), and even in several themes in the early years of BIONICLE. However, these versions of the colors (officially called Bright Violet and Bright Bluish Green) did not stay in production for too much longer. There have been a lot of LEGO colors discontinued over the years-- I know some AFOLs particularly miss Sand Red-- but because of this heavy use in sets prior to their discontinuation, purple and teal are the subjects of a lot of nostalgia.Anyway, as of next year there will be three "purple" colors and three "teal" colors on LEGO's color palette. Of the three purple colors, one has already been appearing for years: Medium Lilac, often called "dark purple", which has been in lots of sets since at least 2004. There was a big scare a few years back about this color possibly being discontinued, but it was later discovered that this was just a miscommunication. The other two purple colors are relatively new: Lavender and Medium Lavender, which are both making their biggest appearances in next year's Friends theme targeted towards girls.All of the teal colors are new, but two have already made appearances. The first of these is Aqua, which appeared on the characters Flo and Fillmore in the Cars set Flo's V8 Cafe. Some sites call this Light Aqua to distinguish it from an older color (Light Bluish Green) which is also often called Aqua. The second of these teal colors is Dark Azur, which appeared as the uniform color of the ADU minifigures from the Alien Conquest theme. It also appeared prominently in the Spongebob Squarepants set "Heroic Heroes of the Deep". The third new teal color is called Medium Azur, which will be making its main debut in the Friends theme. It's a bit unclear whether Medium Azur or Dark Azur is the color that will be appearing in the Hero Factory set Thornraxx next year.Naturally, I'd welcome more purple and teal in a lot of themes, particularly those like Hero Factory that already have a diverse color palette which is only lacking in a few areas. And I'm glad that the color palette has begun increasing a bit to fill gaps left by so many discontinued colors over the years.

Well, there has been some purple recently, but I haven't seen teal in a VERY long time. I would say some teal in Bionicle or Hero Factory (I think Hero Factory could pull it off quite well, with there not being "Elemental Powers" or stuff like that, if that makes sense).

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

Well, there has been some purple recently, but I haven't seen teal in a VERY long time. I would say some teal in Bionicle or Hero Factory (I think Hero Factory could pull it off quite well, with there not being "Elemental Powers" or stuff like that, if that makes sense).

That's because there hasn't been a teal color on the palette since they streamlined it. There's now a bright blue color that some have mistaken for teal, however. It's used in the Alien Conquest sets for the ADU, the Spongebob "Heroic Heroes of the Deep" set, and next year, in the Hero Factory villain "Thornraxx" and the girl's theme "Friends".

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Purple has been actually surging in popularity. I´d like to see more of the sand colors, personally, and not only sand green. Sand red seems to me to be horribly underrepresented and would be great for mechs and such.

Sand Blue, Sand Green, and Sand Yellow (Dark Tan) are the only three Sand colors still on the current palette. Sand Red was discontinued many years ago (it was in sets for less than five years, if I remember correctly), along with Sand Violet.

But a teal hero? Might be too similar to Breez, but a teal villain might be nice. Joker has already given enough purple.

I don't know about that. Is Joker HF parts or System?And they don't need to make a teal set, just put the teal parts in the Hero Recon team where I can grab them.

But a teal hero? Might be too similar to Breez, but a teal villain might be nice. Joker has already given enough purple.

I don't know about that. Is Joker HF parts or System?And they don't need to make a teal set, just put the teal parts in the Hero Recon team where I can grab them.
The Joker set he's referring to (4527 The Joker) uses Hero Factory parts. I would like to see more purple within the HF theme, though, especially now that Evo has lost the purple in his color scheme. It's a stylish color.

Which of the various Lego lines' sets (Ninjago, Hero Factory, Bionicle, etc) would benefit from the inclusion of the colors purple and teal? What parts, specifically, would you want to see in these colors?

Ninjago, and HF are the only purple-embracing lines I can think of.

SpecOperations9.jpg

Feel free to friend me!