Angelic Archery

Reier

Hey all you out there in TV land. Drew this a while ago.akii_fin_nn_bright.pngLoosely based on a MOC I did ages ago, which had red instead of purple. However, I couldn't find a red pencil and there's not enough purple in Bionicle.Comments welcome, the usual jazz.

reverse the tachyon field polarity modulation, dax!!!

I remember this from the previous forums. :DYou seemed to have changed it a bit, the colors look brighter, and I love the depth it adds to the green eyes and heartlight. They really pop out.Again, I love the pose, not enough Bionicle characters have bows. :PLove this pic, and can't wait to see more from you!

jlovfkk.jpg

Oh, hey, good see this one again. I'm still in love with it. I really do love how all those lego pieces come together so 'organically', and generally stand together making the figure believeable. I hope there is more where this came from. :DAlso, pruple for the win!

bio_sig02_lores_by_oyee-d77i3td.jpg

New pages are up! Click to see latest! \(°u°)/

Gallery & conceptart topic - Current: Pre-mut & pre-ev Makuta: Krika | Antroz | Vamprah | Miserix | Bitil | .. 

Older pics: Helryx's Fury | Makuta Sethuldur | Order's Call (no necro k? C8)

I remember seeing something like this on the old forums. Looks like you gave it an upgrade. The purple and green really stand out. Very detailed, though I think it could use a bit more shading, particularly on the torso. But otherwise, magnificent job!signoffffff.png

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

i really like this. the style is good--i think this is my favourite look for bionicle. mostly mechanical, but definitely movie-like. you seem to know what you're doing in terms of composition and concept, and the proportions are very believable; double points with the nicely styled action pose. i love the colour scheme and all the details,the design you made for this character is really good, you took a lot of time working it out i assume. that bright purple works wonders on the character. i love seeing when people create new species or creatures. i like the vague neutrality of this person; can't tell if they are evil or good. i also approve of the bionicle bow. throw guns out the window, i love this bow, great design.i really have no critique. maybe one thing to consider is line variation, that can really help a drawing stand out. instead of just plain straight lines, try to make lines thinner/bigger determining what is closer, details, how shadows are cast, etc. it can be challenging to do sometimes but it does help a lot

I knew that pose looked familiar.linked insteadAs cool as it is, yours is quite stiff. For launching in the air, only to twist severely, the back is completely straight, and the neck is turned a perfect 90 degrees. The colors are a bit odd, especially the different shades of gray, as well as red and green bits [unless it was just supposed to be for the arrow, and in that case I can understand] when one color might look better. Also, the bent leg is twisted in a funny direction, and the wings are a bit messy compared to the rest.But, the style of armor is always enjoyable, and I can see a lot of mechanical patterns I used to do all the time as well :)

Edited by Uncle K.

I have never seen than picture before ever. (I could replicate it much better than this if it was intentional :P) But yeah, when I did this, the pose wasn't the focus. Just had an urge to wham out a biomechanical archer.Also being nitpicky, the colors really don't look like the real picture, due to the scanner. Seeing as I almost never use colored pencils, it didn't turn out all too bad for my standards, i.e. the wings (large surfaces are a bear to color with pencils).

Edited by Reier

reverse the tachyon field polarity modulation, dax!!!