Ekimu Makuta and Protectors are Dwarves

To quote Wikipedia:

...dwarf is a being that dwells in mountains and in the earth, and is variously associated with wisdom, smithing, mining, and crafting. Dwarfs are often also described as short and ugly, although some scholars have questioned whether this is a later development stemming from comical portrayals of the beings.

So I guess by this definition, one could call them dwarfs. Though I wouldn't call Ekimu and Makuta ugly. :P

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

They have dwarven traits, certainly, but technically speaking they're only "short" compared to the Toa and similarly-sized characters. Otherwise they're about the same height as the Protectors and Villagers, albeit slightly burlier.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Small giants? They're twice the size of everyone else. That's not small, that's huge. Of course, that could be anthropic reasoning, since the Toa are canonically six foot; around average human height.

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

[...] since the Toa are canonically six foot; around average human height.

Actually, in G1 at least, they were around 7' 2". They are approximately 1.6 bio tall, and each bio is 4.5 feet, so 1.6 * 4.5 = 7.2, which works out to 7 feet, 2 and 13/32 inches.

Still, that was G1, as far as I know we don't have a canon height for the G2 Toa.

-L- to the -K-

Sometimes, I look at my desk, and think, "What am I doing with my life?"

Then, I go back to my videogames.

I used to be known as 'Gresh's Thornax...Ouchy!!!', before I realised what a silly name it was.

Other previous names include Lihkan435 and Chip Biscuit.

When I said "small giants" I meant they were not the size of a titan set that would be a giant. If the protectors are average sized 5'8" then the Toa are above average 7'8"

As a titan set would be considerd a giant 12'8'

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

[...] since the Toa are canonically six foot; around average human height.

Actually, in G1 at least, they were around 7' 2". They are approximately 1.6 bio tall, and each bio is 4.5 feet, so 1.6 * 4.5 = 7.2, which works out to 7 feet, 2 and 13/32 inches.

Still, that was G1, as far as I know we don't have a canon height for the G2 Toa.

Ouch... I assumed the Toa were slightly shorter than a human based on the scale of Bionicle vs the Star Wars figures. But if they are supposed to be taller than a human, that means the scale we have is way off.

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!

When I said "small giants" I meant they were not the size of a titan set that would be a giant. If the protectors are average sized 5'8" then the Toa are above average 7'8"

I have a bionicle MoC that's a giant: twice the size of the Masters. The Protectors are half the size of the Masters. If you were including the titans in your comparison, you should've said so, but we haven't seen any large sets taller than the toa.

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

I have a bionicle MoC that's a giant: twice the size of the Masters. The Protectors are half the size of the Masters. If you were including the titans in your comparison, you should've said so, but we haven't seen any large sets taller than the toa.

Technically speaking Umarak the Destroyer would probably qualify. Even though he hasn't been released yet, we have "seen" him.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Well, the Stars sets basically confirmed that there is no real scale consistency between sets (as appealing as the idea of a tiny angry Tahu is).

I assume Protectors are only slightly shorter than the average human, maybe averaging around 5'2", which is still consistent with some interpretations of dwarves.

I used to think G1 Matoran might have been loosely based on certain fantasy races. Onu-Matoran were like dwarves, Ga-Matoran were Naiads (They even had one called Nixie), Le-Matoran were sort of like elves but also had things in common with leshies and lesoviks (heh), etc. 

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

Yarr, but I'm pretty sure that differences in set sizes aren't representative of in-canon story Toa height. 

That's why I was going with established lore heights. I just hadn't heard that the villagers were considered 'short human' as opposed to 'hobbit' sized.