Vs Arena thread #1 (Voporak vs Accelerator)

dpolaristar

I wanted to start a series of threads where we discuss who we think would win between Bionicle characters and characters from other verses, not which ones you WANT to win, but who you think would win.

To keep the thread interesting give not only who you think would win, but why they would, how the fight might go down, and what trouble the other opponent might give them.

Also I wanted each thread to be it's own match-up (Similar to comic vine.) So please keep it at the two characters introduced on the thread please. (I also prefer the characters to be comparable, so please avoid making match-ups where one is an obvious stomp, I prefer an interesting discussion, not a spite thread/worship thread of your favorite characters.)

Now in corner one we have Bionicle's very own Voporak:

tumblr_o5qqlau3Tu1twd944o1_400.jpg

In the other corner is a guest from a light novel series with various Manga and Anime spin-offs known as A Certain Magical Index or To Aru Majutsu No Index as it's Japanese name....Accelerator:

tumblr_o5qqlau3Tu1twd944o2_500.jpg

For those that don't know the combatants capabilities I'll link to their wiki's and give a brief explanation of each.

Voporak: http://biosector01.com/wiki/index.php/Voporak

Accelerator: http://toarumajutsunoindex.wikia.com/wiki/Accelerator

What they both have in common is a short of Ultimate Defense which has properties outside of convention durability and can defeat many foes normally unbeatable due to the hax nature of their powers.

Voporak was created by the Brotherhood of Makuta to seek out the Mask of Time, should it be created so he could bring it to their leader Teridax. This was done with a combination of Energized Protodermis, various mutagens, and Roodaka's Mutation spinners to transform of member of Sidorak's species. As such he can sense changes in the flow of time, (Like the ones created if the Vahi is used.) At one point he betrays the Brotherhood to work for the Dark Hunters where he appears extremely loyal to them.

Voporak main technique a temporal field that any object that comes near him Ages rapidly. (Basically increase the entropy in the system at a rapid rate then the normal passage of time.) A stone will turn to dust from many "years" of erosion, A laser will fade away, etc. The closer one gets to his body the more drastic the effect. (Physical contact being particularly dangerous.) He also can fire spinners that if they hit their target causes their perception of time to slow and fall behind a few seconds. (Basically causing them to mentally "lag".)

His Feats include along with the Shadowed One destroying Teridax's wings and putting him in Mortal Danger. (One of the few things Teridax had to fight seriously without holding back.) He was only defeated when Teridax created a Vacuum that suffocated him and caused him to pass out. (While at the same time Teridax threw The Shadowed One into him and caused him to Age 3,000 years.)

At one point He eventually got the mask of Time. (Which was the purpose of his creation.)

Accelerator is one of the student's of Accademy cities Esper Development Program, the aim is to used a series of drugs, procedures, Mental Exercises, and conditioning to create human beings with the ability to achieve a person reality. (Basically each esper is a low level reality warper that can causes Macro-universe effects by controlling Micro-universe Quantum interactions, each esper can only do so to a very limited field. (One esper can control Electromagnetism for example, another can alter an object's Byouncy, another Teleport via 11th dimension space, etc) These espers were ranked from 0 to 5. level 0's hold little to no power to be of practical use. While the level 5's are at least a one man army. There are only seven level 5's at the top of the list is Accelerator, known as the One-Way Road and later The One Who Wields the Power of God.

Accelerator's ability it to control the Vector's of any object he comes in contact with. (A Vector in Mathematics is a representation of Euclidean space that represents a Quantity with Direction and Magnitude.) This allows him once he comes in contact to have a sort of precision based Telekinesis and change the value of an objects Vector as long as he can calculate and comprehend it in both a Mathematical and Spatial way. (Espers in the series have super computer intelligence and it's a requirement to use their powers, an electricity based esper needs to for example know about the science of electricity, more powerful espers are ones whose intelligence has increased to the point of a better understanding of their powers.) What makes Accelerator so Dangerous his a subconscious "Ultimate Defense" where he established a filter that any object that makes contact with his skin if it has the potential to harm him. (Such as a certain degree of pressure, temperature, electric charge, radiation level's, etc.) Is automatically reversed in the opposite direction. (Such as gunfire, explosives, and yes even lasers.) This Ultimate Defense is based on a simple subconscious calculations that he can change at any time like Anti-Virus Software so he can reflect an object even if he doesn't consciously react or is even aware it exists. (Such as sniper fire.) It's so effective that he reflects dangerous Ultra violent rays from the Sun which is the cause of his pale skin and albino appearance. (Based on the author's faulty understanding of how hormones work.)  He can do this while asleep.

He also can use his powers offensively, such as moving a high speed, lifting heavy objects through a type of tactile telekinesis, controlling air currents, using the earth's kinetic energy to create earthquakes, compressing the wind to make plasma, and even controlling the Motion of objects in the human body. (Such as blood flow, and Bio-electricity.)

His weakness is like Voporak he can die of suffocation is left in a vacuum. (He cannot create objects, just manipulate existing ones.) In addition his power his based off his ability to cognitively process vast amounts of data and calculations per second, once when reprogramming someone brain. (Said person's brain is a super computer that controls a network of clones.) He was unable to use his ultimate defense as all his metal faculties where needed for the task of manipulated the Bio-electricity in more complex ways. The result is him being shot, and obtaining brain damage in the areas of his brain that process Mathematics.

After this he needed to be connected to an external network known as "The Sisters" (Once he was involved in an experiment that involved him murdering them, before being stopped by the main protagonist.) to be able to use his calculations, the collar runs on a battery, when in "civilian mode" he has just enough brain power to function in society, with a flip of the switch he goes to "esper" setting which allows him the full processing power of the Misaka network, with his ultimate defense and offensive capabilities. The downside is his battery only last 30 minutes before he not only loses his powers but is forced in a mental coma until his battery is recharged or replaced.

When on his last leg he has too other options he can "awaken" where he gains wings made of dark matter which do the calculations for him. (Basically a super transformation.) Where he no longer needs the Misaka network while in this form. His calculated power is immensely increased by described as almost "infinite." The Dark Matter wings themselves can disintegrate matter on contact and he can spawn hundreds of them. He is described as possessing the power of an angel at this stage and being able to overwhelm a saint. (Basically saints are people that have magic power where their bodies resemble that of Christs and this can tap a portion of the power of God to enhance their physical bodies and magical prowess, the average saint is capable of moving at Mach 20, destroying  Mountains in a single sword fight, amongst other abilities depending on the saint.) This is his "berserk state" and is only active when Accelerator is on his last leg and desperate.)

He later gains another winged form with white wings(Still Made of Dark Matter) And a Halo. This form is only active when Accelerator has a moral revelation and he first learns it when he discards his ideals of Good and Evil and thinks only to protect those closest to him. At this point he gains the ability to comprehend Imaginary Vectors, and is described as starting to approach in power Archangel Gabriel (Who is powerful enough to control the motion of planets in the Solar System, control the stars in the sky, And charge up an attack that when fully charged (Takes 30 minutes.) Can turn at least half the earth to ash. It's weaker attacks are Wings made of Ice fused with Telesma (Angel Mana) That can Crush a mountain with ease.

There is no defined time limit to either Angel Form though he can only use them for a temporary time. In addition in order for him to reflect or control an object he must comprehend how it works, (When fighting the #2 ranked level 5 who could create Dark Matter with "Strange laws of physics that does not exist in this universe" he was able to breach Accelerator's reflection until Accel "learned" the new laws of physics. He has other weaknesses as well however I'll let you read the link and do your own research.

So who wins? Why do they win? How does this fight go down? What troubles does the winner have to overcome?

Edited by dpolaristar

I didn't go into much detail about Voporak's abilities but went into a great detail about Accelerator's because I assumed that most Bionicle fans would have a better understanding about a Bionicle characters abilities however it appears that may not be the case since I'm seeing some debate, confusion, and a little misunderstanding on the nature of Voporak thus I'd made this thread:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/22218-setting-the-record-straight-the-nature-of-voporaks-powers/?do=findComment&comment=1063316

I'd recommend checking it out before commenting. If their is some confusion about Accelerator's powers I'll go into more detail but no one is debating it right now.

Bumping....it's been 30 days. Still have 30 days before this thread is dead. (I won't count my own replies as posts that keep thread dead.)

Edited by Makaru

• 1 month later...

There are other forums that do the whole versus thing, but I don't think who can beat who usually comes to the mind of Bionicle fans. Still just so one person has answered your question, my  moneys on Voporak. Accelerator cannot vector redirect accelerated time, so he has no defence against Voporak, while Voporak can defend against any objects thrown at him.

Edited by The Invisible Noob

There are other forums that do the whole versus thing, but I don't think who can beat who usually comes to the mind of Bionicle fans. Still just so one person has answered your question, my  moneys on Voporak. Accelerator cannot vector redirect accelerated time, so he has no defence against Voporak, while Voporak can defend against any objects thrown at him.

Maybe however Voporak has his time dilation like a field and it seems to increase in effect the closer you get to him. Also when the Mask of Time was cracked in Time Trap it was referred to as "time energy" so Whatever Voporak is doing to distort time you could argue it could be using Waves with with direction and Magnitude. (Vectors)

Of course if Voporak's powers work more like Hollywood Voodoo then Accelerator can't defend against that if there is no Vector to return.

However there is also Accel's Black Wing and White Wing mode where he get's wings made of Dark Matter that exponentially increase his calculating ability and he takes on the properties of an angel. And gains the ability to manipulate "imaginary vectors" and "laws unknown to him" whatever that means.

So I guess it's an unstoppable force meets an unmovable object debate.

I'll got with Voporak if no one else has any supporters due to the nature of his power being hard to quantify.