Your combiner dreams

Lenny7092

Hi, guys!:) Ever love combiners? Well, let's talk about them. You ever thought of new combiners from the Bionicle sets that you love? I know we can combine them, but do you wish that Lego could've published more new combiners? Here's my examples to see what I mean:

G1:

1. The Toa Mata Nui (all six Toa)

2. The Toa Nuva Nui

3. The Toa Metru Kaita (one for Vakama, Onewa, and Whenua, and another for Nokama, Matau, and Nuju)

4. The Toa Metru Nui

5. The Toa Hordika Kaita and Nui

6. The Piraka Kaita (one for Hakann, Avak, and Reidak, and another for Vezok, Zaktan, and Thok)

7. The Piraka Nui

8. The Toa Inika Kaita (one for Jaller, Hewkii, and Nuparu, and another for Hahli, Kongu, and Matoro)

9. The Toa Inika Nui

10. Ehlek+Takadox+Nocturn=some giant and spiky glow-in-the-dark creature

11. Carapar+Mantax=some giant carb-or-lobster-like creature

12. The Toa Mahri Kaita and Nui

13. Sidorak+Roodaka=some Dark Hunter

14. Krekka+Nihdiki=some Rahi creature

15. Krekka+Dume+Niwark=some Rahi creature

16. Gadunka+Hydraxon+Maxilos & Spinax=some giant Rahi creature similar to a Titan combiner set (like Takutanuva, Ultimate Dume, Voporak, and Vezon & Kardas). It would be like 2007's own Titan combiner set (I was surprised and disappointed that 2007 didn't get one. :( )

17. A combiner that is made of all six Vahki (similar to Krahka)

18. A combiner that is made of all the Toa Hordika similar to Krahka and Vizon

19. The Metru Nui Matoran Nui - made of all six 2004 Matoran as shown in the Bionicle Adventures books (too bad it never came as a set combiner :( )

20. Toa Inika Jaller+Kongu+Matoro=their own combiner (the others got theirs called Toa Jovan)

21. 2008 Kopaka+Lewa+Pohatu=some Order of Mata Nui being (the other Toa Nuva got theirs called Trinuma)

22. Makuta Antroz+Vamprah+Chirox=some Rahi creature (the Mistika Makuta, Krika, Gorast, and Bitil got their called the Swamp Stalker)

23. Makuta+Mutran (and perhaps Vican)=some Makuta

24. Vamprah+Gavla+Kopaka+Solek=some Makuta (Antroz, Raidak, Lewa, and Tamna got theirs called Spirah)

25. Chirox+Kirop+Pohatu+Photok=some Makuta

26. The 2008 Toa Nuva Kaita

27. The 2008 Toa Nuva Nui

28. The 2008 Makuta Kaita (one for Antroz, Vamprah, and Chirox, and another for Krika, Gorast, and Bitil)

29. Toa Ignika+2008 Takanuva=some Toa or Order of Mata Nui member

30. The 2008 Makuta Nui (Antroz, Vamprah, Chirox, Krika, Gorast, and Bitil)

31. The 2006 Matoran Nui (made of the 2006 Matoran)

32. Mulam+Raanu+Ackar=the Element Lord of Fire or a Fire Glatorian

33. Tarix+Berix+Kiina=the Element Lord of Water or a Water Glatorian

34. Gresh+Tarduk+Vastus=the Element Lord of Jungle or a Jungle Glatoran

35. Strakk+Metus+Gelu=the Element Lord of Ice or a Ice Glatoran

36. Vorox+Zesk=the Element Lord of Sand

37. A warrior class Skrall+Atakus+Stronius+Tuma=the Element Lord of Rock

38. Antroz+Raidak+2008 Tahu=Tren Krom

G2:

1. Lewa+Vizuna=a combiner similar to Tahu+Narmoto, Kopaka+Izotor, and Onua+Korgot (too bad that never came with instructions :( )

2. Gali+Kivoda=a combiner similar to #1

3. Pohatu+Nilkuu=a combiner similar to #1

4. All the Skull Creatures (Kulta the Skull Grinder+Skull Warrior+Skull Slicer+Skull Scorpio+Skull Basher+Lord of Skull Spiders+Skull Spiders)=Skull Behemoth

5. A Uniter Lewa+Onua combiner similar to the Tahu+Pohatu and Gali+Kopaka+Melum combiner

6. G2 Toa Kaita (Toa Masters)

7. G2 Toa Kaita (Toa Uniters)

7. G2 Toa Nui (all six Masters)

8. G2 Toa Nui (all six Toa Uniters)

9. Protector Nui (all six Protectors)

10. Ikir+Ketar=some wildlife animal in Okoto

11. Akida+Uxar+Terak=some wildlife animal in Okoto

12. The 2016 Beasts=a bigger Beast similar to that Skull Warrior/Slicer/Basher combiner

13. 2016 Ekimu+Umarak=A combiner similar to that 2015 Ekimu/Kulta/Skull Scorpio combiner

There. You see what I mean? I know many of them are repetitive, but that's how I would like them to be when Lego would have published them. What about your combiners in mind?:)

Edited by Lenny7092
  • Upvote 2

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

I don't really see the point in wishing Lego had designed more combi models when all of those are only opportunities to come up with your own versions. In some of those cases, a combi model might be somewhat impractical in the first place, given the parts selection—but either way, the standardized parts selection required for a model like that provides an even playing field. There's no design Lego could come up with for that sort of model that a truly resourceful fan couldn't come up with as well. In a lot of cases I actually prefer it when Lego doesn't fill in all the "gaps" for the fans. Combi models like those can be a great starting point for MOCists, and "official" versions would only serve to discourage those fans from coming up with their own ideas.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

As a fellow lover of combiner models, I've had many of these same ideas myself. I get why LEGO never got around to doing this (trying to make a combiner for everything you listed would be exhausting), but as Lyichir mentioned, the concepts are still good fodder for the imagination and for MOCing.

13. Sidorak+Roodaka=some Dark Hunter

How about Lariska? (Had this idea before they decided she was blue/green).

20. Toa Inika Jaller+Kongu+Matoro=their own combiner (the others got theirs called Toa Jovan)

Back in 2006, I thought it would be cool if this combiner had been the first Toa who wore the Mask of Life. But then I tried to design him, and trust me-- it looks horrible. Too many clashing colors. The only way to get a decent color scheme out of this would be to stick to one or two colors and have 90% of the other parts left over. Unless you really want a red/orange/gold/green/silver/white/blue Toa. No idea what element that would be. :P

21. 2008 Kopaka+Lewa+Pohatu=some Order of Mata Nui being (the other Toa Nuva got theirs called Trinuma)

Had the same idea. Can't remember who I wanted it to be, I'm sure there's some OoMN agent out there who could use a physical representation.

22. Makuta Antroz+Vamprah+Chirox=some Rahi creature (the Mistika Makuta, Krika, Gorast, and Bitil got their called the Swamp Stalker)

The idea of another Rahi is interesting, but I would have liked this combiner to be Makuta Tridax. (I think he's purple in the story, but as you may remember, purple was seriously lacking in BIONICLE back in 2008).

38. Antroz+Raidak+2008 Tahu=Tren Krom

Gotta say, this one's kinda puzzling. I get that Antroz/Radiak have some good parts for it, but wouldn't this combiner be a bit small for Tren Krom?

I think my favorite part was your idea for the Element Lord combiners. It's too bad that joints were so brittle back in 2009. I would never have taken my sets apart to build them. Oh well, guess there's always LDD.

Anyway, cool ideas. Hope to see you come up with more.

• Upvote 1

Disciple, thanks!:) I always try to use my imagination to fill in the gaps. Some sets aren't equal to others where they have their own certain combiners, so I would like to give them their combiners because, to be honest, I am a perfectionist on equality and groups.

Anyway,

13. Maybe Sidorak and Roodaka combine into the Recorder or Phantom.

As for Lariska, how about combining Nokama Hordika, Matau Hordika, and Roodaka into her?

20. You could be right about the colors, Disciple. I don't they are good for a Toa. Maybe combining Toa Inika Jaller, Matau, and Matoro into an Order of Mata Nui member? Three colors are okay in that guy, right? If not, how about Jaller+Kongu=OoMN member, Jaller+Matoro=another one, and Kongu+Matoro=a third one?

21. Again, colors. But, maybe Kopaka+Lewa+Pohatu=Jerbraz when not invisible.

22. If Antroz, Vamprah, and Chirox were to combine into a Makuta, I think that would be the Makuta of Stelt (a Makuta who got eaten by Miserix).

38. You're right about Tren Krom. How about Antroz+Raidak+Makuta Icarax+2008 Tahu=Tren Krom? Would these make him bigger?

For more, I'm thinking:

1. Toa Helryx - 2008 Gali + Vamprah

2. Umarak+Shadow Traps=some big spiky wildlife creature in Okoto

From how I analyzed the combiners. There seems to be a pattern. Usually, in 2001-winter 2007, the canister set combines with one or two more in each wave. All six canisters in one wave is rare. A Titan set combines with one to two more. However, in summer 2007-2010, the pattern is broken, as you can combine a certain set with any other set(s). So, Lego wouldn't do a few of the combinations that I mentioned above in 2001-winter 2007, You see what I mean? Just saying.

Anyway,

13. Maybe Sidorak and Roodaka combine into the Recorder or Phantom.

Don't know about Phantom, but I used to picture the Recorder as being a Matoran-sized being. Don't remember if it was ever explicitly stated, but it makes sense in my mind. He only appeared once so I think he can get away without a combiner model, but if anything, I could see him being a third Rahaga combiner.

As for Lariska, how about combining Nokama Hordika, Matau Hordika, and Roodaka into her?

This could be cool (I think Matau Hordika's Fang Blades would work well as her poison-tipped daggers), but I think I still prefer her being a Sidorak/Roodaka combo. Red/black is a pretty awesome color scheme for a Dark Hunter, and I think some of those blue/green Hordika pieces would have looked a bit too wonky on a Titan-size combiner. Besides, this hypothetical combiner would have existed in 2005, way before they decided she was blue/green. I guess we could just MOC both and see which is cooler. :P

20. You could be right about the colors, Disciple. I don't they are good for a Toa. Maybe combining Toa Inika Jaller, Matau, and Matoro into an Order of Mata Nui member? Three colors are okay in that guy, right? If not, how about Jaller+Kongu=OoMN member, Jaller+Matoro=another one, and Kongu+Matoro=a third one?

I tend to prefer 3-set combiners because there's more parts to work with. Anything less and I find you usually end up with a color-swap at best (like the "Twotoa" from this year... kinda boring). Who knows, there might be some way to make a decent-looking OoMN member out of Jaller/Kongu/Matoro. I think it would at least be cooler than trying to combine three Toa into a single Toa, which is what Jovan was. And I don't recall him being a very popular combiner...

21. Again, colors. But, maybe Kopaka+Lewa+Pohatu=Jerbraz when not invisible.

That works for me. I thought the "always-invisible" gimmick was kind of strange anyway. Let's just say it finally wore off.

22. If Antroz, Vamprah, and Chirox were to combine into a Makuta, I think that would be the Makuta of Stelt (a Makuta who got eaten by Miserix).

I'm sticking with Tridax 'cause it's been in my headcanon so long, but I do think Icarax/Mutran could have been a great Makuta of Stelt combiner. He would just need a name and a description. And maybe a slightly bigger role than just "guy who got eaten." I also think Gorast/Krika/Bitil could have made a much better Spiriah than the one we we got, but I understand the set designers were working with certain constraints when they designed him out of Lewa/Tanma + Antroz/Radiak.

38. You're right about Tren Krom. How about Antroz+Raidak+Makuta Icarax+2008 Tahu=Tren Krom? Would these make him bigger?

I always thought of Tren Krom as a weird, organic, non-MOCable blob. But ditch Tahu and I think this would serve as a decent representation of him. You would just have to make a big, crimson blob with lots of tentacles and spikes. Maybe a Tridax pod could serve as one of his big, glowing eyeballs.

For more, I'm thinking:

1. Toa Helryx - 2008 Gali + Vamprah

2. Umarak+Shadow Traps=some big spiky wildlife creature in Okoto

The Helryx sounds interesting. You could always throw Gavla in and use her mask, since it was never assigned any name/power. 

From how I analyzed the combiners. There seems to be a pattern. Usually, in 2001-winter 2007, the canister set combines with one or two more in each wave. All six canisters in one wave is rare. A Titan set combines with one to two more. However, in summer 2007-2010, the pattern is broken, as you can combine a certain set with any other set(s). So, Lego wouldn't do a few of the combinations that I mentioned above in 2001-winter 2007, You see what I mean? Just saying.

I'm not sure what their reasoning behind that was, but yes, I have noticed that there were less of the 3-canister combiners in later years. Those "cross-set" combiners  from 2007-2010 (Manutri, Niazesk, Sand Stalker) never stood out as much to me. Didn't really feel like taking apart my cool Toa/Glatorian sets to build some random animal. Good for world-building, though.

As for G2 combiners, I'll try and think of some good ones

Edited by Disciple
  • Upvote 1

Hm...

Gavla + Nokama Metru  = Tuyet.

Matau Metru + Nuparu Mahri + Lesovikk = Nidhiki (pre-mutation). 

Hahli Mahri + Nokama Metru + Iruini Hagah (armor only) = Helryx. I dunno how the mace would go together, however. 

Thin Air = Jerbraz. :P

• Upvote 1

96DIFYm.png

A big thank you to Toucan Sam for the Okotian name.

[topic=gallery_115994_378_11223.jpg][/topic]

:vahi: [ON HIATUS]  :vahi: 

Disciple, you got some good points here and there.

For the Makuta combiners, Icarax+Mutran=the Makuta of Stelt is a good idea, I would agree. How about Antroz+Vamprah+Chirox=Kojol?

About Helryx, I agree with putting Galva in the combiner. There would be more pieces to work with.

Masks on the 2008 Toa could make good ideas in describing other masks that don't have official descriptions, like Tahu's mask being used for Trinuma's Mask of Charisma.

As for the Tren Krom combiner, using Tridax Pods for eyes would make him look creepy.:P

As for the G2 combiners, hard to make more in my opinion because there aren't any significant characters who don't have descriptions in G2. Just everyone who got descriptions because the story in there is supposed to be simple (but slowly expanding), but I can think about creating animals.

Anyway, I'm thinking:

1. Combining Kopaka 2008+Pohatu 2008=a Toa of Plasma. I know this isn't significant, but it would be interesting to show what would that kind of Toa look like.

2. Nokama Metru+Matau, Hahli Inika+Kongu Inika, Hahli Mahri+Kongu Mahri or Lesovikk, or Lewa 2008+Gali 2008=a Toa of Plant Life in G1. Same reason as above.

3. Nokama Metru+Norik or Iruni Hagah=Gaaki Hagah

4. Nuju Metru+Norik or Iruni Hagah=Kualus Hagah

5. Onewa Metru+Norik or Iruni Hagah=Pouks Hagah

6. Whenua Metru+Norik or Iruni Hagah=Bomonga Hagah (I am not sure about these Hagah combinations because of the masks.)

7. Vakama Metru or Norik Hagah+Turaga Dume+Whenua Metru=Toa Dume

8. 2015 Gali and/or Protector of WaterSkull Warrior=a Skull Creature that is Gali's counterpart and could drain her Golden Mask of Power

9. 2015 Tahu and/or Protector of Fire+Kulta the Skull Grinder=a Skull Creature that is Tahu's counterpart and could drain his Golden Mask of Power

10. 2016 Gali+Akida+Storm Beast= a Beast counterpart for Gali

FrozenPancake_, I am not sure if Lego could combine sets from different years because of their selling conditions, such as being sold out from regular stores after a long time being there, but I like your creativity. I did the same thing above.:)

Edited by Lenny7092
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Lenny, what's your opinion on Gaardus? I always thought he was a pretty strange combiner, and maybe should've been split into two separate ones. Maybe Tahu + Takanuva + Gresh could have been an OoMN agent, and Skrall + Rahkshi + Nektann could have been some kind of Makuta minion?

How about Antroz+Vamprah+Chirox=Kojol?

Totally forgot about him! I'm fine with that.

1. Combining Kopaka 2008+Pohatu 2008=a Toa of Plasma. I know this isn't significant, but it would be interesting to show what would that kind of Toa look like.
2. Nokama Metru+Matau, Hahli Inika+Kongu Inika, Hahli Mahri+Kongu Mahri or Lesovikk, or Lewa 2008+Gali 2008=a Toa of Plant Life in G1. Same reason as above.
6. Whenua Metru+Norik or Iruni Hagah=Bomonga Hagah (I am not sure about these Hagah combinations because of the masks.)
8. 2015 Gali and/or Protector of WaterSkull Warrior=a Skull Creature that is Gali's counterpart and could drain her Golden Mask of Power
9. 2015 Tahu and/or Protector of Fire+Kulta the Skull Grinder=a Skull Creature that is Tahu's counterpart and could drain his Golden Mask of Power

I like the idea of Hahli + Kongu as a potential Toa of Plant Life.

Not sure about those Hagah combiners either. I think the popular opinion would be that they should all have unique masks like every other Toa team. Although I guess they could have just worn those shapes to honor the same Toa that Norik/Iruini did. :shrugs:

I like the idea of the Tahu/PoF/Kulta combiner, too. In that case, I suppose the "counterpart" match-ups would be:

Tahu vs Skull Grinder

Pohatu vs Skull Scorpio

Onua vs Skull Basher

Lewa vs Skull Slicer

Kopaka vs Skull Warrior

Gali vs Lord of Skull Spiders

Poor Gali has to face the baddie it took all six to defeat. :P

Edited by Disciple
  • Upvote 1

Lenny, what's your opinion on Gaardus? I always thought he was a pretty strange combiner, and maybe should've been split into two separate ones. Maybe Tahu + Takanuva + Gresh could have been an OoMN agent, and Skrall + Rahkshi + Nektann could have been some kind of Makuta minion?

Not sure about those Hagah combiners either. I think the popular opinion would be that they should all have unique masks like every other Toa team. Although I guess they could have just worn those shapes to honor the same Toa that Norik/Iruini did. :shrugs:

I like the idea of the Tahu/PoF/Kulta combiner, too. In that case, I suppose the "counterpart" match-ups would be:

Tahu vs Skull Grinder

Pohatu vs Skull Scorpio

Onua vs Skull Basher

Lewa vs Skull Slicer

Kopaka vs Skull Warrior

About Gaardus, I think he looks a bit too weird. I like that he is a combiner of six Bionicle Stars, has four arms, four legs, many blades, and pointy wings, but how he is built is strange. I mean, how can he sit on a chair? He would break it if he tries!:P Anyway, I think that it's a good idea to have Tahu+Takanuva+Gresh=an Order of Mata Nui and Rahkshi+Skrall+Nektann=some Makuta minion.

To be honest about the Hagah combiners, I am not sure about them either because of their masks. It could be possible that their masks may look like others to honor their Toa wearers, like how Norik's mask look like a Toa's Kiril mask to honor him.

About the Skull Creatures, I get that Skull Grinder has the same red colors as Tahu's while Gali could "wash the spider out" (lol :P ), but Skull Grinder is so powerful that the power of the six Toa can defeat him. The same may go to the other Skull Creatures, like Skull Basher, even though that he is Ouna's counterpart. Kulta can also absorb the energy that the Creatures could steal from all six Toa's Golden Masks, so it wouldn't be fair for Tahu to take on Kulta like this. I believe there are some Skull Creatures that a Toa could take on alone, however. For example, Kopaka could take on a Skull Warrior when having his mask drained.

Anyway, I thought of some new combiners.:)

1. Uniter Lewa+Akida+Umarak the Hunter+Quake Beast (green parts only)=Lewa's Beast counterpart.

2. Uniter Pohatu+Ketar+Umarak the Destroyer+Lava Beast=Pohatu's Beast counterpart.

3. (This is going to be crazy) Kane-Ra+Muaka+Tarakava+Nui-Rama+Nui-Juju=Rahi Nui. I know this is crazy, but that thing is like Frankenstein, being composed with parts of other Rahi animals, so it would be easier to work with.:)

Edited by Lenny7092
  • Upvote 1

Tahu vs Skull Grinder

Pohatu vs Skull Scorpio

Onua vs Skull Basher

Lewa vs Skull Slicer

Kopaka vs Skull Warrior

About Gaardus, I think he looks a bit too weird. I like that he is a combiner of six Bionicle Stars, has four arms, four legs, many blades, and pointy wings, but how he is built is strange. I mean, how can he sit on a chair? He would break it if he tries! :P Anyway, I think that it's a good idea to have Tahu+Takanuva+Gresh=an Order of Mata Nui and Rahkshi+Skrall+Nektann=some Makuta minion.

To be honest about the Hagah combiners, I am not sure about them either because of their masks. It could be possible that their masks may look like others to honor their Toa wearers, like how Norik's mask look like a Toa's Kiril mask to honor him.

About the Skull Creatures, I get that Skull Grinder has the same red colors as Tahu's while Gali could "wash the spider out" (lol :P ), but Skull Grinder is so powerful that the power of the six Toa can defeat him. The same may go to the other Skull Creatures, like Skull Basher, even though that he is Ouna's counterpart. Kulta can also absorb the energy that the Creatures could steal from all six Toa's Golden Masks, so it wouldn't be fair for Tahu to take on Kulta like this. I believe there are some Skull Creatures that a Toa could take on alone, however. For example, Kopaka could take on a Skull Warrior when having his mask drained.

Anyway, I thought of some new combiners. :)

1. Uniter Lewa+Akida+Umarak the Hunter+Quake Beast (green parts only)=Lewa's Beast counterpart.

2. Uniter Pohatu+Ketar+Umarak the Destroyer+Lava Beast=Pohatu's Beast counterpart.

3. (This is going to be crazy) Kane-Ra+Muaka+Tarakava+Nui-Rama+Nui-Juju=Rahi Nui. I know this is crazy, but that thing is like Frankenstein, being composed with parts of other Rahi animals, so it would be easier to work with. :)

I think you mean Nui-Jaga. XD

Joking aside, I love those ideas. I'll definitely try to make a Lewa enemy like you suggested, as well as a Pohatu enemy. Welp, there goes my wallet. :P

I also really like the Rahi-Nui idea. That could have and should have been a thing. :)

• Upvote 1

96DIFYm.png

A big thank you to Toucan Sam for the Okotian name.

[topic=gallery_115994_378_11223.jpg][/topic]

:vahi: [ON HIATUS]  :vahi: 

Tahu vs Skull Grinder

Pohatu vs Skull Scorpio

Onua vs Skull Basher

Lewa vs Skull Slicer

Kopaka vs Skull Warrior

About Gaardus, I think he looks a bit too weird. I like that he is a combiner of six Bionicle Stars, has four arms, four legs, many blades, and pointy wings, but how he is built is strange. I mean, how can he sit on a chair? He would break it if he tries! :P Anyway, I think that it's a good idea to have Tahu+Takanuva+Gresh=an Order of Mata Nui and Rahkshi+Skrall+Nektann=some Makuta minion.

Anyway, I thought of some new combiners. :)

3. (This is going to be crazy) Kane-Ra+Muaka+Tarakava+Nui-Rama+Nui-Juju=Rahi Nui. I know this is crazy, but that thing is like Frankenstein, being composed with parts of other Rahi animals, so it would be easier to work with. :)

I think you mean Nui-Jaga. XD

Joking aside, I love those ideas. I'll definitely try to make a Lewa enemy like you suggested, as well as a Pohatu enemy. Welp, there goes my wallet. :P

I also really like the Rahi-Nui idea. That could have and should have been a thing. :)

Yes, I meant Nui-Jaja. Lol.:P

Anyway, don't forget there that I made up for Gali's enemy, which is Uniter Gali+Akida+Storm Beast.

You know, Rahi Nui may be a great idea, but it would have been complex in 2001 if anyone would try make a crazy-large Franken-Rahi.:P

Anyway, I just though of new ones:

1. Rockoh T3+Jetrax T6+2008 Tahu=Pilot Tahu and his own vehicle

2. Rockoh T3+Axalara T9+2008 Gali=Pilot Gali and her own vehicle

3. Jetrax T6+Axalara T9+2008 Onua=Pilot Onua and his own vehicle

4. Jetrax T6+2008 Kopaka=Pilot Kopaka and Jetrax

I know these combos are crazy, but it's a shame that Tahu, Gali, and Onua to not have vehicles of their own (unless Artahka made their own vehicles).:(

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

In 2006 and early 2007, I was taking apart all the sets I had to make every possible combiner model. Summer 2007, I was disappointed in the lack of being able to combine my sets into official models. So, I made a series of six, combining each Barraki with the Toa Mahri of the same color. They weren't the greatest, but I still think I did good for what I was working with. The weirdest thing for me is that for some reason, I decided that the Neparu/Mantax combiner was the Red Star.

The weirdest thing for me is that for some reason, I decided that the Neparu/Mantax combiner was the Red Star.

That is pretty weird, considering he would be mostly black/gray. :P

Maybe you MOC'd it in response to the Toa Nuva Blog revelation that the Red Star appeared to be "alive?" That happened in 2007 around the time the Mahri were released.

I'm intrigued by the Toa Mahri/Barraki combiners also. If by some chance you have any pictures or could MOC them again, I'd love to see 'em.

You reminded me of yet another combiner project I undertook back in 2006 (ten years ago, sheesh!). I had an idea that the Matoran from the Voya Nui Resistance Team would have become Toa via a lava eruption from Mount Valmai. Seemingly dead, they would instead emerge from the lava as Toa and it would be revealed that the lava was really white-hot Energized Protodermis. But rather than turning them into Toa Nuva, it instead would have given them fire-based powers (kinda like the Inika had lightning) and glowing red eyes. The result would have been the "Toa Valmai."

Each would have been MOC'd from the corresponding color of Toa/Piraka/Matoran sets (for example, Balta + Hakann + Toa Jaller = Toa Balta). Never got around to this because I didn't want to take all my 2006 sets apart (and risk cracking all the joints), plus there was the roadblock of the Kazi set lacking a typical Toa Metru head to hold the glowing Piraka eyes. But maybe I'll take a stab at this idea some time, provided I can dig up all my old BIONICLE stuff. :)