Eyru

IC Dessimus

All his effort thus far had only uncovered what seemed like half of the massive goldmine. He collapsed, only shooting back up with a snarl straight afterwards, realizing the ground was sand.

Off in the distance, someone else (Mina) was slowly climbing down... If they saw his treasure, they might try to swipe it from him. He'd have to work quieter.

IC

Maru made it to the edge of the Wastes and carefully began to descend the short cliffs. He was pleased to see that most of the strangers were already hard at work -although some of them were venturing farther into the desert than he would prefer. But that was their choice.

Reaching the bottom, he began walk, poking his spear into the sand every few steps. He nodded to Nix as he passed her; she was already sweating hard from her work.

IC

Her knock seemed to echo long after her fist hit the door, sounding deep into the bowels of the Tower. Elara did her best to shake off the vague sense of unease that seemed to permeate this area. Nobody trusted the Tower or its Queen, and for good reason. Though she had only heard stories of the Queen's more... energetic fits of madness, those stories were enough to keep her on her guard.

A silence followed the knock, long enough to make one wonder whether knocking again was a good idea. But then the muffled sound of an unlocking latch came through the iron. The right-hand door began to grind open, slowly revealing the darkened interior of the Tower.

A pair of narrow yellow eyes shone out of the shadows, glaring down at the Matoran. They belonged to a tall, slender figure, with armour the colour of bleached bone. Its body was skeletal but laced with lean muscle: one had the sense that this being could move faster and strike harder than its appearance suggested. It carried a broken staff in one hand that ended in a long, dangerously sharp blade.

"Well, well, well," Takava said impersonally. "Look at you. Here to see Her Majesty, I suppose?"

IC: Elara - The Tower.

She swallowed nervously, resisting the urge to run straight back the way she'd come. She'd done this before, she could do it again. "Yes," she finally forced herself to say. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC:Hanari

Hanari nodded, thinking for a moment as she looked out at the wastes. Dunes, dunes, and a whole lot of nothing. She knew from common sense that digging sand with hands was generally futile, and digging through thick dirt with said hands would only do you harm. But dunes...maybe...

She looked around briefly, from one dune to the next. She had an idea. Drawing her sword, she focused hard. Which one? Most of them looked rather unbroken, like they were freshly blown by the winds. You could say they had the best chance of loot in them, but they were also newer over territory that might not have much in it, unless you look in it right. There were a couple lower, older ones. No, not quite...

There. Just behind an angled Boulder, near the cliffs. The rock had mostly shielded it from the wind, so this dune could be ages old. Looked like it had been barely touched, too.

Bingo.

Hurrying over as fast as Matoran feet could on sand, she scrambled to the top, sword in hand. When she reached the top, looking down over the flatter side, she placed her sword against the dune, digging the blade in just a bit. Placing her hand around halfway along the sword, she...sorta ran? Using the sword almost like some kind of snowshield remade for sand, tearing off the sand on the surface as she moved along, careful not to let too much sand spill back over lest she cover something valuable up again.

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

IC Mina - Edge of Canus:

Finally reaching the bottom, Mina stepped aside to give the others some space. While they climbed down after her, she briefly turned her attention to the little orange-and-white shape of Dessimus in the distance, wondering what he'd found. She didn't really feel like talking to him, however, and wasn't sure how he'd treat Fulmen and Hekua anyway.

Once her companions were down, Mina began to lead them towards the Wastes, all the while keeping an eye out for anything interesting in the sand. "Let me know if you see anything," she said over her shoulder.

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

IC: Zavarix - the Wastes

I can probably carry it if you'll take my rail, he wrote, gesturing afterwards to the rusting piece of metal he had discovered the previous day. Zavarix frowned as he tried to work out where the scraps they'd found, where the scraps everyone found, had come from. The multitude of materials just lying around made no sense; they could be what remains of a civilisation that once lived here, but Zavarix could not imagine this wasteland ever having supported life. He thought about Canus and its people, wondering if they knew more than they were letting on... Then again, they didn't seem to have anything to gain by keeping secrets. At any rate, these thoughts were not important right now, they should probably head back and hope that what they'd found would be enough.

I'm ready to go if you are, he wrote, brushing some sand of his armour as he stood up. His legs ached from kneeling for so long, but complaining would get him nowhere, so he ignored it as best he could.

kIxt3.gif 0xeKp.gif  OFIDc.gif  RbAEL.gif

http://dragcave.net/user/Virid

Wasteland RPG Characters:

Zavarix | Keristary

IC (Jasisu-The Wasteland):

"The sun is still up, I'd like to stay and get as much as scrap as possible so we can trade them in for a few drops of water. As soon as the sun begins to set, that's when we can return home."

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

Zavarix - the Wastes

Zavarix thought about this, then nodded. Jasisu was right, they should probably make as much of the daylight as they could if they were going to survive. In that case, maybe we should see if we have better luck elsewhere? He wrote, taking another look around, hoping to spot something worthwhile lying on the surface, waiting to be found. Unfortunately, he had no such luck...

Zavarix | Keristary

"Well, all we've found is scrap metal & rags & without a shovel, trying to dig anymore would be inefficient. "Let's move on." The Fa-Matoran agreed as she stood up & pointed to the rail. "If you can hold onto the scrap metal & my canteen, I'll take the rags & rail. When we stop to dig, we can trade the stuff we found back to each other. How does that sound?"

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

IC Mina - The Wastes:

Slowing her pace to check her bag without tripping, Mina pulled out a piece of curved metal roughly twice the size of her own hand. "Close enough?" she joked with an apologetic smile. She held it out for either of them to take while she simultaneously dug around in her satchel for one of the glorified cups she had collected. This she also offered to Hekua and Fulmen as she squinted at the horizon. "We could try that dune over there," she suggested, indicating a small lump of land to her right.

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

IC: (Hekua)

She took the piece of metal.
​"Good enough for me."
​The Onu-Matoran walked over to the dune, got to her knees, and began digging.
Oh, and she also grabbed a cup.

Edited by Tarn of the DJD

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC Dessimus

Collapsing on the exposed treasure, Dessimus started breathing normally now that his massive haul had been collected. The roots had been mostly torn straight off, leaving only the stubs. Any branches were seen as tiny stubs on the log, and the top of the tree must have been high up, for the other point ended in a jagged series of points, from which the smaller piece had broken off.

After five minutes of panting, Dessimus slid to the other end of it and decided to measure his prize.

IC (Fulmen-The Wasteland):

The Vo-Matoran took the cup from Mina & nodded in agreement. "Let's get digging." Said the Matoran of lightning as he walked to the dune with his companions & began digging.

IC

Takava grinned, although the leer looked more grotesque than happy. "Nervous, eh? Poor thing. Come along then."

He beckoned Elara inside, and pulled the door closed as she stepped into the Tower. The interior was dark, lit only by strange, dim little lights that hung from the walls by some unseen mechanism. The inside was all metal, just like the outside; their steps rang on the cool iron as they walked into the bowels of the fortress.

Reaching the foot of a set of stairs, her host extended a hand, gesturing for his guest to ascend first.

"So," he said as they began to climb. "Something special today, sweetheart? Or just dusty old steel?"

IC

"Whoa there," Uri said as he came up behind Hanari, clutching his makeshift spade. "Don't move too fast."

He looked around nervously, then began to dig with her. "A little far for me. But we should be okay."

IC

The fossilized tree that Dessimus had uncovered was roughly six feet long. Many of its branches had broken off in the excavation, but it seemed to be mostly intact.

IC

The clouds hung low over the sands as HekuaFulmen, and Mina began their excavation. The sand was easy enough to move,  but didn't seem to be hiding anything special. After a quarter of an hour, they had only turned up a few thin iron spikes.

This wasn't the first time she'd been to the Tower, of course, but as always the place managed to be simultaneously intimidating and intriguing. Only a fool wouldn't be wary in the presence of Toa. "Metal scrap, mostly," she answered, the end of her spear tapping against the metal floor as she climbed, "And a few other bits and pieces." 

She stopped, digging out the lump of stone and holding it out for Takava to see, "Does this mean anything to you?" 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Dessimus

Massive.

Of course, petrified trees were at least as heavy as solid rock, so getting it back was going to be tricky. As if he could lift it over his shoulder. Pushing it might drive it under, so he'd have to his least favorite way of transporting: pulling. Stomping over to the root end, he hefted it up and began walking backwards towards the small pile of tents that was his supposed home.

Zavarix nodded, handing his rusting iron rail to Jasisu in exchange for the scraps of metal and her canteen. Being unable to write while holding their possessions, he let Jasisu lead the way this time.

IC: Keristary - the Wastes

Keristary angrily sifted through the endless sand, her search yielding no reward. She sat back and sighed, looking up at the sun and estimating how much long she had before she needed to head back. She didn't like scavenging. Unless you were lucky enough to spot something the wind had dug up for you, it was a guessing game. Not only that, but as she dug the sand would find its way into every crevice in her armour, gritty particles getting stuck between her fingers and refusing to come out. It was to be expected in a desert, but as long as she didn't have to dig it wasn't too bad. She would much prefer to remain in Canus, trading her vast well of information for water. Unfortunately, her well had run dry. There was no information in Canus, at least, none of value. If anything of importance came up, the locals would be the first to know and they gave out their information for free!

So, she was out in the Wastes once more, clawing at the sand that kept trickling back into the hole she'd dug it out of. Eventually, she uncovered the corner of a piece of canvas. She grabbed it and pulled, but something beneath the surface was holding it back, probably a rock. Refusing to dig anymore, she pulled even harder, until the canvas ripped and she fell over backwards with only a tiny scrap of canvas in her hand. Grunting, she got up, ignoring the pain. At least nobody saw that, she though as she staggered of, deciding to continue her search elsewhere.

OOC: Keristary open for interaction.

Edited by Virid

Zavarix | Keristary

"Don't worry, I remember which way you want to go." The Fa-Matoran said with a smile as she began walking towards the spot that Zavarix wanted to examine. Within a few minutes, they had reached their destination.

IC: Skoll

There was really nothing more here. While others may have discovered things that were at least minorly interesting, he had only uncovered some incomplete pieces of metal, along with a great deal of boring old rocks, but nothing worthy of note. He'd need to move elsewhere, but perhaps he should return his current collection to his shelter first.

Since there wasn't a lot, the trip wouldn't be too long or exerting. He made it back to his shelter in fifteen minutes, left the scraps in a pile against the wall (which didn't really change the appearance of the hovel) and set back towards the wasteland. He'd be glad to find anything new or exciting, whether it was metal or not.

Open for Interaction

BZPRPG:

Vergissmeinnicht

Active Characters

Inactive Characters

Mercure

Gida

Zel'Sai - Naberius

Skoll

Brickshelf

IC:Hanari

She nodded, before looking back at the dune to see if she had uncovered anything.

Nope. Zilcho

Grumbling under her breath, she scrabbled back up the steeper side of the dune, running down it with her sword's edge dug in to scrape yet another layer off the dune's longer side to try and uncover something.

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

They arrived and Zavarix set down the bits of iron and Jasisu's canteen, taking his one belonging back in return. Already tired of looking at the unchanging sandy landscape, he knelt down, trying to decide where to start digging.

Keristary crested a dune, gasping for breath with an already dry mouth. Her black armour absorbed was absorbing so much heat that the Av-Matoran was tempted to turn it white. From her vantage point she could see a few other Matoran scavenging nearby, some having better luck than others. But without anything to give in return, she doubted they'd be willing to trade with her. So, Ignoring the Matoran, she instead searched for clues as to where something valuable may be hidden. Spotting a slight mound in the sand she set of, knowing that it was probably nothing.

Zavarix | Keristary

IC Mina - The Wastes:

Mina stood up after a time and sighed. The metal spikes weren't much, but it was more than she expected to find in the first hour. The two she held were moved to the edge of their little excavation site and stuck into the ground vertically so they wouldn't roll away. Mina sat down next to them and watched as Dessimus hauled some charred hunk of... something, back to the village. She would have offered to help, but she knew he'd refuse, and she didn't want to leave the others behind anyway.

Spotting a Su-Matoran named Skoll a short distance away, she gave a small wave in greeting, then turned her attention back to Fulmen and Hekua. "Do you guys want to try elsewhere...?" she asked, fairly certain that they weren't going to find anything else buried with the iron spikes.

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

IC Dessimus

The Matoran huffed and puffed as he tugged his prize through the sand, which felt like it was trying its best to suck his prize back under the sweeping dunes. Moving this to the tower would be a hassle, but... Did fossilized trees come in groups? And if so, was there a whole forest waiting to be discovered?

Disregarding the chip of mask entirely, he shoved his prize into his tent- Wait. If I go around parading my find through the camp, It might get stolen.

After a long pause, he leaned against the front of his tent somewhat and decided to act bored and grumpy about not finding anything. Hopelfully, Skoll wouldn't notice.

Seeing something reflective in the sand, he stood and went over to it. Crouching down, he began to sift through the sand, searching for whatever it was. It could've been a scrap of metal, or just some sand. As he dug deeper it seemed it was probably the latter, as his search revealed nothing. However, the chance that there was something buried here made him continue digging. His mouth was so dry he doubted he'd be able to speak even if he weren't mute. He needed something to trade. They had the rags and small bits of metal, but he doubted those would be worth enough water for one them, let alone both of them. He looked over at Jasisu, thinking perhaps he should've gone alone...

Seeing the sun's position in the sky, she dug more frantically, doing her best to ignore the unpleasant sensation of sand in her armour. So far her efforts had gone unrewarded, but this mound she'd found seemed promising. It had not been created by the wind, so surely there was something buried here. If she could just find something of value then she could return to Canus with the confidence that she may not have to go scavenging again for a day or two. She needed to find something if she didn't want to resort to begging.

Zavarix | Keristary

IC: Agonos

Agonos tied a couple of pieces of leather together, however moldy they were, and made himself a nice strap to carry his new weapon with. It was a little tight, but it held it good against his back. "Alright." He said with a grin. "I'll be able to smack those frigging new leeches if they try and take what is mine..."

He decided to go mill about town and see what was happening. He was pleased with his haul for the day, no need to return out to the wastes.

OOC: Agonos OFI leaving his hut on the edge of town.

IC: Aurelius - The Wastes.

Off to the east of Canus, the burly Fe-Matoran crested a dune and gazed out upon the sands. Every day he made the journey out here, and every day he hauled back whatever meagre handful of scrap he'd managed to find. 

Shrugging an empty threadbare sack over his shoulder, he began his descent.

OOC: Open for interaction. 

IC: Kuur - Outskirts of Canus

Kuur did not know where he was.

Kuur did not know who he was.

All Kuur knew that he was Kuur, and that he was scared.

The wind nipped at his flesh through the tatters of his cloak and the metal beneath.  It smelled of poison and pain, whistling as it cut through him.  Every step through the sands embedded tingly stone grains deeper into his feet and sent shuddering spasms up his legs and into his spine.  With one hand he clutched the hood of his cloak tight; with his other, he clutched at empty air at his side, as if his fingers remembered something his mind could not, remembered that something ought to have been hanging at his hip, yet was not.

Kuur did not know where he was, but he was fairly certain that it was not a place where he wished to stay.

The village in the distant was faint amidst the gray sands and gray skies, and settled land meant people, and people meant noise, and noise was bad.  But settled land also meant rooms, and dark places to hide inside and huddle down and pretend the world wasn't there, and that was an invitation Kuur could not refuse.

Kuur carried on further.  Sanctuary was not far.

OOC: Open for interaction.  Took me long enough!

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

IC Dessimus

Good. It seemed nobody cared about his situation. Now, maybe he could talk to...

Wait, someone on the horizon... Approaching quickly. He poured a little water into his dry canteen and headed towards the newcomer, trying not to gulp the water down his own throat as he did so. By the time he reached them, they were almost to the village.

"From where do you come?" He asked bitterly. Same routine, same fear...

IC

Takava leaned in uncomfortably close to Elara, eyes widening as if he was trying to take in more light by which to see. His eyes lingered over the stone carving, memorizing the crude, blunt features of its face; then his eyes seemed to widen even more, if that were possible, and he drew in a sharp breath.

"Nope," he said nonchalantly, suddenly standing straight again. "Never seen it before."

IC
Uri followed Hanari, clutching his makeshift spade. "Find anything?" he asked hopefully.

IC

As Zavarix looked over at Jasisu, he could've sworn he saw something move out of the corner of his eye. If he turned to look, however, he would see only empty sand.

IC

The sand was rough beneath Keristary's fingers, but the sensation was suddenly replaced by something hard and smooth. There was something that was most definitely not sand buried under this little mound.

IC

The thick, menacing clouds hung low over the desert, trapping heat against the sand. Maru and Nix were both sweating as they worked silently to uncover whatever items that might buy another day's worth of water.

OOC Maru and Nix open for interaction, if you're looking for someone.

"Alright," she shrugged, beginning to ascend once more, "I guess I'll ask the Queen if she has any use for it." 

IC 

"That's the spirit," Takava said, sounding bored. "On we go."

The stairs circled themselves as the pair climbed, before opening up into  what Elara recognized as the throne room (at least, that's what the Queen called it). The metallic walls were decorated with old masks and other scavenged artifacts that the Queen had found particularly worthwhile. Under her feet, a scarlet carpet made of canvas led straight to the other side of the room. She tried not to think about how they'd dyed the canvas red.

The red carpet let to a chair cobbled together from various pieces of metal. It was taller than a Toa, and spread across the wall like a organism made of steel, with various tendrils composed of bits of old armour and broken weapons. In the seat itself sat a Toa.

The Queen's armour was dark blue, but she had accumulated enough pieces of silver metal to cover much of her body; evidently, she considered silver to be a more regal colour. She wore a golden Hau was looked as though it did not quite fit her, but its colour made it as good as a crown. She reclined on the throne, idly inspecting her nails and muttering inaudibly to herself, then sat up as she realized her visitor had arrived.

"Look, little one, and be amazed," Takava said, still sounding bored. "All hail the Blue Queen of the Tower."

• Upvote 2

"Your majesty," she gave a curt bow, resisting the urge to crack a joke or make some kind of snarky remark. She knew better than to disrespect the Queen in her own home, "I come bearing scrap and salvage, which I hope to exchange for water rations."