DREAMS

Tarn

I was thinking, "You know what? I like talkin' about dreams." I noticed there was no topic in COT about such a subject, so I decided, "You know what? Doesn't break any rules and it's fun. I'll start one."

​So then--weird dreams, cool dreams, scary dreams. Post 'em and discuss 'em! Obviously, all BZP rules apply so uh, keep some of those weirder dreams to yourself, K?

​I'll start off with one I had the other night: One of Fall Out Boy's guitarists disappeared, and I was asked to replace him. Only problem was that in the dream, I had my real life level of guitar skill, which is nonexistent. Despite this, they were still pretty darn insistent I help them, even though I kept getting sidetracked so I couldn't practice with them. And in the end I still didn't get to play with them because I woke up, so I can only imagine how much of a trainwreck I missed out on seeing.

• Upvote 5

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

I had a dream that I disagreed with someone here on BZP about Superman of all things and lost two proto in-dream. Later in said dream I reported this and lost another two proto... According to the Akaku wearer above me, it is a sign of my body telling me to move, by traumatizing me. THANKS BODY, LOVE YOU TO!

• Upvote 1

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

I've had a few dreams I have remembered.

One of them was a vision I had when I was little. My little brother was but a small child, a toddler, and I was a young child (three years difference between us). We were at what was then my father's house, in the living room. Neither his girlfriend nor her multitude of relatives were not there, he was just sitting in his sports chair, staring at a television screen as it danced in static as his eyes were hidden by the light brown shade of his sunglasses. My brother was on the floor playing with wooden alphabet blocks, and I was on the floor at the base of a couch watching everything. Then from the static of the television crawled out a small black mammal with spikes along it's back, knife-like bony spikes for fingers and toes, dull dark red eyes and a small trunk for a mouth with leech-like teeth at the end of it. It walked over to my brother and attacked him from behind, stabbing the toddler in the back and tearing him up, the child's screams lighting the dead silent house aflame with great decibel. I yelled at my father to help but he did nothing, just staring at the screen like a hypnotized zombie. I proceeded to pounce on the monster, attempting to punch it, but I myself was being cut up by the large spikes on it's back. Soon the monster faded and the dream-vision itself ended. Years later I think I know the meaning of it, but it is more personal stuff and I would rather not detail on said meanings.

Another, this one just being a dream and the spark of imagination: I was a toa running from the Dark Hunters, everyone looking like realistic versions of the depictions of the first three Bionicle movies, exactly as my imaginations had always pictured them. I myself had the colors of Takua from 2003. I was eventually caught by The Shadowed One after a wall in a room i was hiding in was blown open, and once in cuffs I was promised to great amounts of pain and torture for how difficult I made it for him to capture me. The dream then ended.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

One of them was a vision I had when I was little. My little brother was but a small child, a toddler, and I was a young child (three years difference between us). We were at what was then my father's house, in the living room. Neither his girlfriend nor her multitude of relatives were not there, he was just sitting in his sports chair, staring at a television screen as it danced in static as his eyes were hidden by the light brown shade of his sunglasses. My brother was on the floor playing with wooden alphabet blocks, and I was on the floor at the base of a couch watching everything. Then from the static of the television crawled out a small black mammal with spikes along it's back, knife-like bony spikes for fingers and toes, dull dark red eyes and a small trunk for a mouth with leech-like teeth at the end of it. It walked over to my brother and attacked him from behind, stabbing the toddler in the back and tearing him up, the child's screams lighting the dead silent house aflame with great decibel. I yelled at my father to help but he did nothing, just staring at the screen like a hypnotized zombie. I proceeded to pounce on the monster, attempting to punch it, but I myself was being cut up by the large spikes on it's back. Soon the monster faded and the dream-vision itself ended. Years later I think I know the meaning of it, but it is more personal stuff and I would rather not detail on said meanings.

Another, this one just being a dream and the spark of imagination: I was a toa running from the Dark Hunters, everyone looking like realistic versions of the depictions of the first three Bionicle movies, exactly as my imaginations had always pictured them. I myself had the colors of Takua from 2003. I was eventually caught by The Shadowed One after a wall in a room i was hiding in was blown open, and once in cuffs I was promised to great amounts of pain and torture for how difficult I made it for him to capture me. The dream then ended.

Weird how as a small child you can visualize stuff like that.

That Bionicle one just sounds cool.

I had a dream that I disagreed with someone here on BZP about Superman of all things and lost two proto in-dream. Later in said dream I reported this and lost another two proto... According to the Akaku wearer above me, it is a sign of my body telling me to move, by traumatizing me. THANKS BODY, LOVE YOU TO!

I've had similar dreams. In my case it was anxiety over possibly messing up when I didn't, and wasn't always on a forum--some times I have dreams about friends getting ticked at me for no reason.

​And I tried to quote Ghidora's post but BZP won't let me. That sounds interesting. Also "he ded" made me laugh and now I feel terrible.

​OH YEAH, and I just remembered it now for some reason, but when I was like five or something I had a dream that a chupacabra (which looked more like a purple version of the classical depiction of an alien) came into my grandparent's house and menaced me before attempting to find them and biting me in the stomach when I tried to stop it (which I somehow felt).

Yeah, I don't get it either.

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

Weird how as a small child you can visualize stuff like that.

That Bionicle one just sounds cool.

I've had similar dreams. In my case it was anxiety over possibly messing up when I didn't, and wasn't always on a forum--some times I have dreams about friends getting ticked at me for no reason.

​And I tried to quote Ghidora's post but BZP won't let me. That sounds interesting. Also "he ded" made me laugh and now I feel terrible.

​OH YEAH, and I just remembered it now for some reason, but when I was like five or something I had a dream that a chupacabra (which looked more like a purple version of the classical depiction of an alien) came into my grandparent's house and menaced me before attempting to find them and biting me in the stomach when I tried to stop it (which I somehow felt).

Yeah, I don't get it either.

Ay Cariba! (i'm so sorry)

Lets see here... As a small child I had a dream that I was pushed into a volcano I think it was an omen and it seems to be the case that it happened to be one. I shall not speak of such events predicted by said dream. They still scar me to this day.

• Upvote 1

pure_muscle.png

"What about you, Jonas?  Any dreams last night?"

(cookie if you get the reference)

You know, it's weird, I don't dream that often, so I find myself wishing for at least a nightmare instead of just nothing.  Though when I do they usually turn out becoming story ideas.

There's one I had lately... a guy walking through a city built across pools of water, covered in amber fog.  I'm not him, but I'm seeing through his eyes, he's wearing a trenchcoat and glasses.  To me it was like a cross between Ga-Metru and Deus Ex.  The buildings are like power plant smokestacks, he goes into one, and inside there's a guy who tells him to find... someone, in a shelter on the other side of the city.

My cameraman seems to know more about it than I do, he goes running into the now very heavy fog and falls off one of the bridges.  Something grabs him before he hits the water, it's a 4-foot robot.  It shakes a long, spindly arm before wheeling away into the fog again.

He sticks to a walking pace from then on, goes to another smokestack-building, except the entrance here is a few stories up.  A woman rushes past him, saying there's no room.  He walks past her, into another door, another room.  There's a little girl, maybe seven or eight?  Sitting on the floor, against the wall, reading, I think.

I think there's a bit of a conversation, I can't really remember, but finally trenchcoat-man asks her this.  "Do you know where I can find a good Kanohi shop?  My implants were damaged, and I didn't bother to get them repaired before I came."  She gets up, and then the camera cuts out.

Which sucks, because I really wanted to find out what the heck Kanohi and implants had to do with anything.

Avatar by Nicholas Anderson (NickonAquaMagna)

My blog: The Jaga's Nest

"What about you, Jonas?  Any dreams last night?"

(cookie if you get the reference)

You know, it's weird, I don't dream that often, so I find myself wishing for at least a nightmare instead of just nothing.  Though when I do they usually turn out becoming story ideas.

There's one I had lately... a guy walking through a city built across pools of water, covered in amber fog.  I'm not him, but I'm seeing through his eyes, he's wearing a trenchcoat and glasses.  To me it was like a cross between Ga-Metru and Deus Ex.  The buildings are like power plant smokestacks, he goes into one, and inside there's a guy who tells him to find... someone, in a shelter on the other side of the city.

My cameraman seems to know more about it than I do, he goes running into the now very heavy fog and falls off one of the bridges.  Something grabs him before he hits the water, it's a 4-foot robot.  It shakes a long, spindly arm before wheeling away into the fog again.

He sticks to a walking pace from then on, goes to another smokestack-building, except the entrance here is a few stories up.  A woman rushes past him, saying there's no room.  He walks past her, into another door, another room.  There's a little girl, maybe seven or eight?  Sitting on the floor, against the wall, reading, I think.

I think there's a bit of a conversation, I can't really remember, but finally trenchcoat-man asks her this.  "Do you know where I can find a good Kanohi shop?  My implants were damaged, and I didn't bother to get them repaired before I came."  She gets up, and then the camera cuts out.

Which sucks, because I really wanted to find out what the heck Kanohi and implants had to do with anything.

Implants probably allow him to use a kanohi, since only MU folks can use them.

And concerning the quote, only thing that comes to mind is Jonas from The Giver, but that probably isn't it.

Edited by Iaredios the Hip Historian

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

Another strange dream that I've had is when I was in my house late at night and I heard a loud bang like a window was broken or something. The house did not appear as though it was actually mine, rather it was a house I am unfamiliar with. I grabbed a flashlight and proceeded down the hallway hearing a strange sobbing noise. As I kept going along I can see bunches of white fur and a strange shaded blood. Almost as black as my own. I continued on, the sobbing got louder and louder until I finally saw what it was making noise and what broke the window. I didn't really get a great look at it. But, I think. Call me crazy, but I think it was Toriel from Undertale. Yeah I dunno either, weird dreams are weird man. The dream itself represents something I don't fully understand as of yet.

Soooooo, yeeaah.....

Edited by Toa Imrukii

pure_muscle.png

Another dream I once had was that I was Mata Nui in first-person point a view (fallen god form, not true bodied) in a high school gymnasium and there was a rock climbing wall with agori and matoran climbing on it, and I was talking to an elderly Ackar about something, then an elderly small red-clothed agori started yelling 'false god!' from across the gym and approached me while repeating that. When a yard away, he yelled, 'You are a false god! kill him! kill the false god!' then some small green agori yelled 'yeah, lets stone him!' Then a small crowd gathered of both short and tall agori (or 'glatorian') chanting 'stone him! stone him!' and the gym was suddenly replaced by a stone riddled pavement under a cloudy sky and people were approaching with rope. Then the dream ended. I was very glad when it ended, I didn't exactly feel like experiencing what it felt like to be executed Saudi-style.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

• 4 weeks later...

Sometime ago, I had a dream where Australia had become a psychic-totalitarian state, but it was more V for Vendetta; We and Brave New World than 1984 (though there was a strong sense of that). I mean, everything SEEMED normal, but underneath, it was a true nightmare. I saw bodies in the streets, everyone just walking by like they weren't there. I somehow committed an anti-state act of vandalism; and it turned out the guy (a government agent) whose place I'd smashed was a friend. I saw him in the street later, and he looked me and I just had an overwhelming feeling that he ​knew.

I spent the next few dream-days in intense paranoia, hanging around town, keeping out of sight.

I spotted him at a tea & coffeeshop later where I was drinking. He was talking to a relative of mine. I hid in the corner. I was shaking in my boots. The dream went on for a while, and then it ended. 

It's quite possibly the worst dream I've ever had, because it was not until I woke up when I realised it was all just a dream. It felt so real and left me shaken.

Still, it gave me a great idea for a story and there remains the final question: short story, novella or book?

"Mutiny, Booty and Entropy"  - The Three Vices of the Frostelus

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

Sometime ago, I had a dream where Australia had become a psychic-totalitarian state, but it was more V for Vendetta; We and Brave New World than 1984 (though there was a strong sense of that). I mean, everything SEEMED normal, but underneath, it was a true nightmare. I saw bodies in the streets, everyone just walking by like they weren't there. I somehow committed an anti-state act of vandalism; and it turned out the guy (a government agent) whose place I'd smashed was a friend. I saw him in the street later, and he looked me and I just had an overwhelming feeling that he ​knew.

I spent the next few dream-days in intense paranoia, hanging around town, keeping out of sight.

I spotted him at a tea & coffeeshop later where I was drinking. He was talking to a relative of mine. I hid in the corner. I was shaking in my boots. The dream went on for a while, and then it ended. 

It's quite possibly the worst dream I've ever had, because it was not until I woke up when I realised it was all just a dream. It felt so real and left me shaken.

Still, it gave me a great idea for a story and there remains the final question: short story, novella or book?

That's wild. I'm guessing you've read those books quite a few times over or they've stuck with you enough for your subconscious to create such a vivid dream.

​Actually had a dream once where I was apparently a part of a resistance team fighting a totalitarian government-empire-thing. The first half was spent discussing a plan we had to infiltrate an important base and do something. And there was like a girl there who my dream completely made up who was like, my dream-love interest or something?? It was weird. Anyways, we all got in an unassuming white van and then timeskipped to a checkpoint that was surrounded by armed guards in white protective gear. We rushed out (with no weapons, I think? Which made no sense since the guards had rifles) and I had one of those dream moments where I tried to throw a punch and it had no effect. It was like the dream was lagging, because the guard didn't try to do anything. And then I woke up.

​I'm 97% sure the dream was influenced by a sci-fi story I was coming up with at the time, because there are some similarities (the villain's army wore black though, not white; that was the "good guy color"). But like, it was also more realistic? I dunno.

​EDIT: Also, I had this dream when I was like, 12. Now that I think about it, what the heck.

Edited by Tarn of the DJD

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

I had some kind of dream about Power Rangers or something of the like, and I was the "Mentor" of the group, for whatever reason. I think I took some kind of essence from the Yellow Ranger to power something, and I said, "She'll survive without it," and then I did the same, but for a different Yellow Ranger, and I said, "He won't, but we need it more,"

I also use to have this recurring nightmare that was only really scary because I had no idea what was going on. I was a timelord, in a maze, and then every time I found a way out, it led to a different maze, and then, I was walking on the ceiling, leading troops to battle, and I was dizzy because I was on the ceiling, but I was still inside, and I was suddenly Twilight Sparkle.

I also use to have this recurring nightmare that was only really scary because I had no idea what was going on. I was a timelord, in a maze, and then every time I found a way out, it led to a different maze, and then, I was walking on the ceiling, leading troops to battle, and I was dizzy because I was on the ceiling, but I was still inside, and I was suddenly Twilight Sparkle.

That twist ending, though.

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

Was talking about dreams in a streamer's chat the other day and it reminded me that, oh yeah, I experienced sleep paralysis for the first time recently.

Fun.

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

Back in 09, I had a few Glatorians stacked on all 4 corners of my bed. After falling asleep, I had a dream where the glatorians were causing destruction. After that dream, well, let's just say I never displayed those Glatorians around my bed ever again.

BEHOLD.....THE DREAM TEAM! COMING SOON.... :o

~ Oh hi thar, here are some quotes: ~

"Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all" -Toa Mata Tahu, MNOG

"Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villans and come home covered in glory. Sometimes, he has to make a sacrifice so that a lot of people he's never met before and who don't know his name can live."

-Toa Hahli, Downfall

When I was about three or four I had a dream that I was pushed into an active volcano. I was either an older child or pre-teen in the dream, I was not a toddler fortunately. Just try to imagine if I was, just how screwed up that is.

pure_muscle.png

Most of my dreams end up being really weird or downright terrifying.

Like, one time, I dreamt that there were these weird bugs taking over people's minds. So, naturally, I tried to escape. Instead of running down the stairs, I jumped the banister and fell to the first floor. Then, I ran out to the garage, but the garage door was open. There were these huge dogs waiting outside and then they came in and tore me apart.

Fun.

Or, another one, which happened shortly after I saw the Squidward creepypasta. Squidward was standing in front of me, with soulless, dead eyes, laughing insanely for a really long time. As it started to get even more insane I woke up.

Thankfully I haven't been having dreams much lately.

Last night I dreamed that I was with my mom in a giant hotel, and there was this really tall wall covered in golden ,sticky, molasses-ish stuff and we were walking up it.  It was weird but fun.  :)

Something something wall of flesh from Terraria.

Back in 09, I had a few Glatorians stacked on all 4 corners of my bed. After falling asleep, I had a dream where the glatorians were causing destruction. After that dream, well, let's just say I never displayed those Glatorians around my bed ever again.

Spoiler: it wasn't a dream. Your Glatorian sets were attempting to re-enact Small Soldiers.

When I was about three or four I had a dream that I was pushed into an active volcano. I was either an older child or pre-teen in the dream, I was not a toddler fortunately. Just try to imagine if I was, just how screwed up that is.

SHARK BAIT

​OO-HAHA

Most of my dreams end up being really weird or downright terrifying.

Like, one time, I dreamt that there were these weird bugs taking over people's minds. So, naturally, I tried to escape. Instead of running down the stairs, I jumped the banister and fell to the first floor. Then, I ran out to the garage, but the garage door was open. There were these huge dogs waiting outside and then they came in and tore me apart.

Fun.

Or, another one, which happened shortly after I saw the Squidward creepypasta. Squidward was standing in front of me, with soulless, dead eyes, laughing insanely for a really long time. As it started to get even more insane I woke up.

Thankfully I haven't been having dreams much lately.

That first one's the kinda dream weird where when you wake up you wonder just how your "dream storyline" or whatever got so confusing.

​Like, weird bugs taking over people's minds? Oh no, got to--OH GOD I'M BEING MAULED BY DOGS

The second one sounds worse though. I've never been affected enough by a Creepypasta to straight up have a nightmare about them, which is interesting because I've read a few legitimately terrifiying ones. (Anansi's Goatman Story, for one. Bee tee dubya, read Anansi's Goatman Story)

​Also, Terrorsaur's first dream reminded me: when I was like, five? I had  a dream I was on my grandparent's backporch (for reference, it's actually mostly indoors and resembles a greenhouse because there's so many windows, but we just call it the backporch) and it was nighttime, and there were large dogs running back and forth outside barking at me. I was a small child, so large dogs barking at me terrified me. I was afraid they'd get inside, and I THINK the window infront of me was missing or something so that fear was heightened. I think one actually tried to bite me. I remember just shouting at them to stop barking. It was awful, and even now the dream kinda scares me to think about.

​Had a dream today after falling back asleep while watching Ghost Adventures after waking up where they were doing like...a live stream or something for the show's anniversary? And they showed off a special short film thing that they made with fans inspired by the show, but the content of it was confusing and like, lost episode creepypasta levels of gore and weirdness. I forced myself awake and wasn't really scared, just kinda like "what the HECK."

​Also had a dream today before that where I was exploring these castles in a mountainous area surrounded by water. Rev from Vinesauce was there for some reason. At one point me and him got on small rafts and started floating through the water, and then I got bit on the chest by a snake that was in the water and woke up legit worried I was gonna die until I remembered it was a dream.

​Geez that was long.

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

Speaking of Goatmen, I have had as of recent a lot of dreams with the character Toriel in them. Either as a side character, or with me in my activities. My activities in my dreams have tended to be around lore and history, if that makes any sence. In one I dreamt I was riding on horse back through a forest, writing about and drawing what I saw, to better map the landscape. I was not alone however, as she was there also riding on horseback for lookout of bandits. Not that I am unable to fight in my dreams mind you.

Speaking of dreams where I fight, I had a dream that I was on a medieval battlefield, and I drew my Claymor of Fire and charged it head first, and decemated the enemy troops. I again was not alone, as Toriel and Tahu where there, we stormed their walls, and once we broke in we tormented the local leaders until there was nothing left of them and the city was under my rule.

Speaking of castles and knights, I had a dream that I was by drone eye's view of a massive siege/public execution. People being beheaded and torn in two with their oragns the only thing still attaching them. And then said people being used as catapolt ammo. Pyres burning and arrows flying, just chaos.

Also, since you are interested in the paranormal and myth like me, you may want look up the Irish 'Púca'. Reading up on Revenants and Native American myth is also a lot of fun. It just sucks trying to sift through all the wiki pages on other not so notable myths and legends.

pure_muscle.png

Okay, I had the worst possible combination of elements for a dream.

It was around one in the morning, and I was still half-awake. (Didn't go to bed until eleven or so). Having a dream where I'm being chased by some creepy monster. As I said, I was half-awake, and consciously trying to move, when suddenly, sleep paralysis. Which made it one of the most terrifying dreams I've ever had.

Sleep Paralysis is where I've had my two demonic encounters. The one where I was awake felt more like it was a dream then the vision-esque encounter I had in my sleep, that one I know for a fact was real.

The first one, I had a hard time sleeping so I opened my eyes to find a ghastly skull figure with dim red eyes and large spike teeth. It had large black claws come out of it's body, having arms yet not having arms. It did nothing but hover over me as I lay on my bed, it's mouth open and its claws open as well. I stared at it, then trying to ignore it and go back to sleep, but I couldn't ignore its presence. I forced myself to roll out of bed, and I crawled out of my room. I cowered behind the wall and then looked into my room. It just stayed in the same place, over my bed, focused on where I was and not noticing that I had moved. It was frightening, so I decided to play some music from the first Deus Ex game after fetching my MP3 player. To this day I cannot hear the music from the France level without being creeped out. Once I got my music, I peeked into my room and found the thing to still be there, so I went to my mother's room and sat in her chair, just trying to relax. I stared into nothingness for two hours before looking at my room again. I found the thing to be gone, vanished, but I was still creeped out so I spent another hour on the chair before i gained the courage to go back to sleep.

What I feel like was a true demonic encounter was next, years later. My eyes were close but I was awake. The world was white but there were grey outlines, that is how I was able to tell I was in my room, in my bed. It was like I was seeing the world for how it truly was, a sort of spiritual vision. From my pillow I saw a distant figure of complete darkness devoid of any color or form aside from the vague humanoid shape, it's outline malevolent, it's entire being absent of the grace of God that was visible in the world i saw (world all being white). I was scared still, paralyzed from fear. It kept walking closer to me while not moving. I felt helpless, enchanted by this entity of evil before me. I fought to free myself from this horror for what seemed like a couple of hours until I found the strength from every single fiber of my being and broke the mental lock that had been fastened over my brain. My eyes bolted open, and I knew that, though I couldn't see it, that being was out there somewhere, so i commanded it to leave my house and my neighborhood, then I prayed. This experience was the most difficult thing I have ever had to do.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Sleep Paralysis is where I've had my two demonic encounters. The one where I was awake felt more like it was a dream then the vision-esque encounter I had in my sleep, that one I know for a fact was real.

The first one, I had a hard time sleeping so I opened my eyes to find a ghastly skull figure with dim red eyes and large spike teeth. It had large black claws come out of it's body, having arms yet not having arms. It did nothing but hover over me as I lay on my bed, it's mouth open and its claws open as well. I stared at it, then trying to ignore it and go back to sleep, but I couldn't ignore its presence. I forced myself to roll out of bed, and I crawled out of my room. I cowered behind the wall and then looked into my room. It just stayed in the same place, over my bed, focused on where I was and not noticing that I had moved. It was frightening, so I decided to play some music from the first Deus Ex game after fetching my MP3 player. To this day I cannot hear the music from the France level without being creeped out. Once I got my music, I peeked into my room and found the thing to still be there, so I went to my mother's room and sat in her chair, just trying to relax. I stared into nothingness for two hours before looking at my room again. I found the thing to be gone, vanished, but I was still creeped out so I spent another hour on the chair before i gained the courage to go back to sleep.

What I feel like was a true demonic encounter was next, years later. My eyes were close but I was awake. The world was white but there were grey outlines, that is how I was able to tell I was in my room, in my bed. It was like I was seeing the world for how it truly was, a sort of spiritual vision. From my pillow I saw a distant figure of complete darkness devoid of any color or form aside from the vague humanoid shape, it's outline malevolent, it's entire being absent of the grace of God that was visible in the world i saw (world all being white). I was scared still, paralyzed from fear. It kept walking closer to me while not moving. I felt helpless, enchanted by this entity of evil before me. I fought to free myself from this horror for what seemed like a couple of hours until I found the strength from every single fiber of my being and broke the mental lock that had been fastened over my brain. My eyes bolted open, and I knew that, though I couldn't see it, that being was out there somewhere, so i commanded it to leave my house and my neighborhood, then I prayed. This experience was the most difficult thing I have ever had to do.

For the first one, I would have just taken a Picture, for the second, if I were you I wouldn't have run, but instead been in a neutral state towards that things existance, within whatever version of reality I would be in, dream or not. If it was truly malicious, I would see if that were the case. Fear can often cloud one's perception of things. Glowing eyes in the woods to people of the age of the Medieval were seen as malicious and evil, simply because they misunderstood what it was they saw. Fear bends things, time, space, one's perception, one's logical bounderies, yet in it all we are equally as misterious to the unknown, as the unknown is to us. Being curious, seeing your shape may have triggered a sence of curiousness in it, but for you it triggered the often foolish intinctual emotion of fear.

Edited by Toa Imrukii

pure_muscle.png

As for me, what do I have to say on such matters that I've invisioned myself? I had a dream that the witch who broke my heart, somehow found me, cut off my genitals while I was sleeping, knocked the head off of my Toriel figurine and superglued them onto the stump where the head pnce lay. Then forced me to watch objectified material of said game in which said figurine was from. But, even in this I was not scared. In the dream I broke the chain surrounding me and walked up, swatted the display away, and tore her mortal head off. But that wasn't it. A dark clearly and obviously malevolent laugh, a laugh, her laugh. A dark spirit in the shape of her I could see. Summoning all my courage I restored that in which she had destroyed, and summoned my idols, where I assume we faught out in a duel to the death against just her, all be it though, me and my idols united side by side. I would not know the outcome of such a dream, because I awoke right as ot was going to get interesting.

Uh, you might want to edit this out.

As for me, what do I have to say on such matters that I've invisioned myself? I had a dream that the witch who broke my heart, somehow found me, cut off my genitals while I was sleeping, knocked the head off of my Toriel figurine and superglued them onto the stump where the head pnce lay. Then forced me to watch objectified material of said game in which said figurine was from. But, even in this I was not scared. In the dream I broke the chain surrounding me and walked up, swatted the display away, and tore her mortal head off. But that wasn't it. A dark clearly and obviously malevolent laugh, a laugh, her laugh. A dark spirit in the shape of her I could see. Summoning all my courage I restored that in which she had destroyed, and summoned my idols, where I assume we faught out in a duel to the death against just her, all be it though, me and my idols united side by side. I would not know the outcome of such a dream, because I awoke right as ot was going to get interesting.

Uh, you might want to edit this out.

Good point.

pure_muscle.png

For the first one, I would have just taken a Picture, for the second, if I were you I wouldn't have run, but instead been in a neutral state towards that things existance, within whatever version of reality I would be in, dream or not. If it was truly malicious, I would see if that were the case. Fear can often cloud one's perception of things. Glowing eyes in the woods to people of the age of the Medieval were seen as malicious and evil, simply because they misunderstood what it was they saw. Fear bends things, time, space, one's perception, one's logical bounderies, yet in it all we are equally as misterious to the unknown, as the unknown is to us. Being curious, seeing your shape may have triggered a sence of curiousness in it, but for you it triggered the often foolish intinctual emotion of fear.

For the first one, i was too scared and was freaking out.

Second one, you don't know what you are talking about.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

What I am getting at is don't judge a book by it's cover. Fear is a manipulative force that can and often does blow things out of proportion. Regardless of one's theological or philosophical beliefs, just remain neutrally cautious in the face of such a thing. What you saw, everything as white, with that one dark being approaching towards you. Fear is easy to resort to under such circumstances. And, I don't blame you for reacting in such a was in this said case. I commend you for what you did in the first stated case however. Since you simply let it be, to simply fade away. In such situations like the second matter, put your faith in whatever gives you solace, however with such fate use it to give yourself the much needed courage as to stand up to it, regardless of it's intentions. Stand your ground where ever, even if be it metaphorical, or in the state of being which is sleep.

With all this talk said about courage let me see if I have ever had a dream relating to the topic, hmm...

pure_muscle.png

What I am getting at is don't judge a book by it's cover. Fear is a manipulative force that can and often does blow things out of proportion. Regardless of one's theological or philosophical beliefs, just remain neutrally cautious in the face of such a thing. What you saw, everything as white, with that one dark being approaching towards you. Fear is easy to resort to under such circumstances. And, I don't blame you for reacting in such a was in this said case. I commend you for what you did in the first stated case however. Since you simply let it be, to simply fade away. In such situations like the second matter, put your faith in whatever gives you solace, however with such fate use it to give yourself the much needed courage as to stand up to it, regardless of it's intentions. Stand your ground where ever, even if be it metaphorical, or in the state of being which is sleep.

With all this talk said about courage let me see if I have ever had a dream relating to the topic, hmm...

You don't know what I saw and what I felt. It was clear as day. Please do not try to change what I know happened, you weren't there. And like I said, I felt completely awake but my eyes were locked shut. i woke up exhausted, like I hadn't slept. EDIT: IF you wish to continue this (which I do not), then let us please take it to PM.

Edited by Iaredios the Hip Historian

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Had one of those cases where you forget about a dream and then just randomly remember it or bits of it in the middle of the day. Remembered having a dream where I was really anxious about a certain friend joining a PSN party. No idea why. I haven't played with my friends in a couple days (we've been playing different games and I haven't felt inclined to join their parties and speak with them) so it might be that.

​EDIT: OH YEAH, remember that Chupacabra dream I mentioned having when I was little? I realized recently it was influenced by that episode of Billy and Mandy where Billy's obsessed with the cartoon about them. The Chupacabras in it look just like the one that was in my dream.

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

You don't know what I saw and what I felt. It was clear as day. Please do not try to change what I know happened, you weren't there. And like I said, I felt completely awake but my eyes were locked shut. i woke up exhausted, like I hadn't slept. EDIT: IF you wish to continue this (which I do not), then let us please take it to PM.
All I am saying is that if it does happen again, just stand your ground and be neutral. Ever heard of a lucid dream? Or REM sleep? If not let me explain. A lucid dream is where you are in full control and can do anything within the realm of that dream, sort of like a video game if you will. REM sleep is when you are in the deepest state of sleep we do believe, it is also believed to my knowledge that we dream the most during REM sleep. You can tell if someone is in REM sleep if their eye lids are twitching whilst asleep. It is also worth mentioning that you experience sleep paralysis during REM sleep.

I am not saying what you saw wasn't real or that you're crazy, nor was I there to even judge. I am unsure where you got that idea from honestly. Again, all I am saying to you is precaution to the possible next time this happens.

Speaking of lucid dreaming, I once had a dream that I was a Ta-Matoran who woke up on a paved field, no one else was around me, and I remember getting up as an instinct in-dream and said to myself "hm, I must be having a lucid dream." I then walked down the way of the path I was facing, in not to short a time I ran into run into the Skopio XV-1. I asked "where is my friend" then Telluris pointed to a tied-up zesk, just sitting (sitting like a human, yet having tail and everything exactly proportional) and then it pans to me in the scream pose, looking like that one Rau Masked Ta-Matoran from the Miramax films, then I woke up dumbfounded.

pure_muscle.png

I remember way back I had a dream that took place during Day 1 of a zombie apocalypse.

The details are quite fuzzy, but I clearly remember running on a debris ridden bridge with a horde of zombies tailing me. A couple yards ahead of me were another legion of zombies. Seeing as how I had no means of escaping this situation, I decided to jump off the bridge. Better to die as a human than a zombie, right?

The fall cracked my head open. Somehow I had a second wind and I was immediately thrown into a zombie infested mall. But this time, I wasn't alone. I had some sort of posse with me.

And I can't remember anything else after that.

It was an incredibly weird dream. Whenever I'm dreaming, am I truly looking through my eyes or someone else's?

Edited by B0ss Manducus

f495fc6cc0a66dd12aa49fce021072a1.gif

I rarely remember my dreams, but some are vivid enough to let remember the basics. 

Last night's dream was one that I remember having a while back. For some reason, a bunch of people and I were living in a building that was made to be something like a biodome, and was a strange scape of natural locations and indoor areas. If you went in a certain direction, you would find a room that is fashioned exactly like my father's woodworking workshop. Then, if you try to leave the grounds of the building/mini biome thing, you would find yourself in my backyard. 

Now, to the plot of the dream. Somehow, I got myself in a mess to find some dude named Jon Snow's (no relation to that of the Game of Thrones character) lost wineglass. Apparently, it held magical properties much like those of the Holy Grail. After running through forests, meeting strange people and dodging a small horde of dwarves, I found the wineglass in the workshop. Of course, someone's there who seems like he wants it. I took and ran, and he pursued. After a while, we make it outside the walls, and in the backyard. After he catches up, we ready for a climactic confrontation. Actually, that wasn't the case. Instead, he gives me a key and tells me "You dropped this."

I walked back to where I started my adventure, a place which resembles an area in an office building, with a giant plaque with unintelligible script on it. Next to it is a large elevator that was literally just a conference room. I went in the room, and handed "Jon Snow" his wineglass. The last thing I remember is that a third party, who had no real identifying qualities, in the room looks over to me and says, "You know, just like in spirit, we are similar." Then it just cut. Now, all of my dreams are in the first person. But the thing is that the person I am acting out is never really me. It's usually someone in the story of the dream. The way this man spoke, however, was very, very personal, as if he wasn't talking to the protagonist in my dream, but rather directly to me. It was freaky. I don't really know what he meant, but it was enough to wake me up. 

Most of my dreams aren't extravagant adventures or even that memorable (given the fact that I remember very few of them). I do have the off ones just like the one I just described, though. 

It was an incredibly weird dream. Whenever I'm dreaming, am I truly looking through my eyes or someone else's?

*X-Files theme*

The truth is out there.

• Upvote 2

t5pQDlO.jpg

:i:   :n:  :a:   :r:   :y:

Most of my dreams aren't extravagant adventures or even that memorable (given the fact that I remember very few of them). I do have the off ones just like the one I just described, though. 

That was the best Indiana Jones movie I've ever read.

​The build-up to the confrontation between you and the other guy who wanted the wineglass, and the following anti-climax, was great. Like a gag in a parody about adventure movies, or something.

​ALSO, while what the third party said was pretty creepy, it reminded me of that trope in movies and stuff where the villain says, "we're not so different, you and I" to the hero. Maybe that's what was happening there, but the wording makes it sound like something...deeper.

• Upvote 1

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

Yeah, I have no idea what was meant by that. Some deep-rooted psychological thing, probably. They say that dreams are an effect of one's own personal experiences, but this dream doesn't really help that idea.

t5pQDlO.jpg

Yeah, I have no idea what was meant by that. Some deep-rooted psychological thing, probably. They say that dreams are an effect of one's own personal experiences, but this dream doesn't really help that idea.

If dreams are an effect of one's own personal experiences then based off of the ones I've posted about in this topic I've done a lot of stuff I clearly don't remember.

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

It's more of an explanation based on the evolutionary instincts of humans. As a way to prepare ourselves for intense situations, we play back some more intense memories and experiences subconsciously. But it's still up to theories. 

t5pQDlO.jpg

Whelp, I just woke up and had the strangest dream. So what happened was that I had a dream that I was Warned here on BZP, but nothing happened in it, instead it linked to a PM that somehow turned into real life. It was about some sort of Clingy Socially Awkward kid (who for the record I had never seen prior in any capacity) who thought I was the coolest person ever, but had a hard time expressing it. I also record someone saying to me "Don't press Charges Against him", I then responded with saying something like "don't worry, I have thick skin" or "No need to Sweat, I'm not some emotionally (R Word) (B Word) who hasn't seen the sun" which basically is me saying I've been through worse (which I have) and that he wasn't the worst (which he wasn't.) I also remember it revolving around a few school teachers of mine from this past school year and some sort of paper lamp with a thin curving tail made up on of rainbow paint.

What I can recall this clearly enough, I was making the Paint Tail for my Paper Lamp but using paper towels to lay the paint on, and it and I was partially fastened to a plane and yet partially off the ground, basically floating. The sun was out and it all bright and colorful. But, Y'know, minor details that my subconscious mind didn't got into more. Then I remember entering the teachers room, and placing it on the wall, seeing how it would look after I finished the tail. Then, the kid walked in, with a couple of others, introduced us to eachother. He showed me some piece of blue contruction paper with twix glued on, cover with caramel icing. I remember picking one off the paper and eating it, but right before this playing with the bizzare caramel icing. It didn't taste like anything, because I guess my mind didn't account for me being in control there. It then moved on to him reading out a card that he thought was for me, but instead was for PewDiePie. (Yeah, I don't know either) Then he took out the proper card and read that to me. All he read from it was that "Oh, you're such a cool person" then having it all abruply end when I woke up. However, right after I woke I remember saying as if still dreaming "Just as long as he doesn't Crack and try to tear my arm off by his Teeth, he's fine."

So, what do you all think of That?

pure_muscle.png