hybrid_s.jpg

So, what do we have here - a sort of cross between a matoran and a Bohrok, with some influences by Protectors. More of a concept-y drawing, mostly due to time reasons.

The idea that the Bohrok actually used to be matoran once has always fascinated me (although it's somewhat disturbing), but what if there were a way back to matoran-esque beings by means of re-evolution?

• Upvote 6

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

i love the face, very creepy. And I see you based this off of the original trilogy-style of matoran: you even put in the little fat abs! :lol:

Interesting idea, though I am not sure if it would be feasible, and if so the matoran may have died in some way so the new being would be like a soulless semi-sentient hominid with half the face of a bohrok. And shoulder turrets, you can't forget about the shoulder turrets.

• Upvote 1

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

I <3 this concept. Creepy, yet effective, I especially love the head- the fusion of the Bohrok headplate and almost Protector-ish mask is a really unique design that grabs my attention.

• Upvote 1

If you found this text, know that Kevin isn't real.

He's a fairy tale to scare children.

30491886943_59e45988bd.jpgKevin. Is. Not. Real.

I like it! The face resembles both a mask and the Bohrok heads, as well as the new "Skull Masks" we got in G2. Maybe the right leg should be a little more rotated to the right but it doesn't take away from the picture. The overall design seems to be halfway between the Matorans from the movies and the Protectors. Ando f course, as always, I love the decorations on the chestpiece. I hope some MOCer gets inspired by this!
It might be some kind of "early experiment" made by the Great Beings - or a Matoran whose transformation was triggered before he died (maybe he was half-dead...). That would be creepy, yet interesting.

• Upvote 1

hidron_nuva_idea.png

i love the face, very creepy. And I see you based this off of the original trilogy-style of matoran: you even put in the little fat abs! :lol:

Interesting idea, though I am not sure if it would be feasible, and if so the matoran may have died in some way so the new being would be like a soulless semi-sentient hominid with half the face of a bohrok. And shoulder turrets, you can't forget about the shoulder turrets.

Thanks! Yes, in a way. I guess any depiction of matoran I come up woth would be influenced by the older movies. ^^

Or semi-soulless. Either way, it would make for an interesting story, IMO.

I <3 this concept. Creepy, yet effective, I especially love the head- the fusion of the Bohrok headplate and almost Protector-ish mask is a really unique design that grabs my attention.

Thanks! :D I was quite surprised how naturally those things blended together when drawing it - glad to hear I'm not the only one who thinks that the design works! ^^

I like it! The face resembles both a mask and the Bohrok heads, as well as the new "Skull Masks" we got in G2. Maybe the right leg should be a little more rotated to the right but it doesn't take away from the picture. The overall design seems to be halfway between the Matorans from the movies and the Protectors. Ando f course, as always, I love the decorations on the chestpiece. I hope some MOCer gets inspired by this!

It might be some kind of "early experiment" made by the Great Beings - or a Matoran whose transformation was triggered before he died (maybe he was half-dead...). That would be creepy, yet interesting.

Thank you! :) As for the leg, I don't quite see it; but that might just be me. Something's definitely up with the legs, though. Ah well. ^^

Oh no, zombie-matoran D: Poor fellow.

Thanks! Yes, in a way. I guess any depiction of matoran I come up woth would be influenced by the older movies. ^^

Or semi-soulless. Either way, it would make for an interesting story nonetheless.

Well the person/thing/noun either has a soul or doesn't, unless you fit it with the concept of having the soul have absent spaces and needs them to be filled in by a special spiritual relationship, be it divine or mortal; or its of a lower class of souls: or you can have it be part of some weird paranormal story where a person has half of their ethereal being and life-energy taken from them and get it back for one reason or another.

Yay, friendly brainstorming!

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Well the person/thing/noun either has a soul or doesn't, unless you fit it with the concept of having the soul have absent spaces and needs them to be filled in by a special spiritual relationship, be it divine or mortal; or its of a lower class of souls: or you can have it be part of some weird paranormal story where a person has half of their ethereal being and life-energy taken from them and get it back for one reason or another.

Yay, friendly brainstorming!

It certainly is debatable whether souls would be treated as a binary or continuous variable, especially since we are dealing with bio-mechanical beings. I'd rather go for a coninuous version, maybe give the Hybrid some restricted capabilities to feel emotions (only some of them), but have them lack the little something that would make them complete.

That poor matoran, though. I never really considered the implications while drawing this. :<

Creepy menacing guy with dual cannons near his head, with possibility of un-death? Reminds me of Revenants from DOOM  :P 

Lovely drawing. A group of these guys chasing you donw would be a thing to see.

... dear me, I really shouldn't have looked them up. There certainly is a reason why I never played Doom, nor generally looked at things from there. :fear: The similarity is only coincidental.

But thanks! That would make for an interesting thing, indeed.

Edited by Taka Nuvia

What I noticed first was the Bohrok faceplate patterns on the head, so that is a nice touch. My only complaint would be that the perspective and angle of the right gun (from our perspective) relative to the left is a bit disorienting. I think it's supposed to be pointed at us, but something feels off. I can't really offer a solution, should it need one. :P

As always, good work!

Edited by -Windrider-
  • Upvote 1