Gold Piraka Potluck Mind = Zaktan?

While it has been made the case that the Golden Skakdi Guy is Zaktan. While it would make sense in the creation of the being (green mist= prododites) I'm not particularly sure the personality of the Golden Being really fits Zaktan.Whoever it is doesn’t seem to have a lot of ambition, mostly sitting around his/her fortress enjoying themselves until a disturbance shows up. I’m not sure I read that as Zaktan, exactly, who nursed dreams of conquest. Zaktan was a member of a gang of thieves for years, who weren’t content to sit around sipping tea. I think if Zaktan got power like that, he’d go around clearing his long revenge list, starting with some Toa Mahri and one Order of Mata Nui. Even if he had some lesser power, I’m not sure Zaktan would keep the Toa Mahri as pets – he’d kill them. Zaktan was part of an organization that viewed Toa as expendable: why would he keep them around? Was it his "dream" to have an army of Toa at his command? The Golden Being seems to be charismatic, and Zaktan was hardly a charismatic individual, more like a savage schemer distantly related to the Master of Shadows. I’m still tempted to go with Krahka instead. She sat around under Metru Nui for years, so she would be accustomed to enjoying her fort, and she might be content to fulfill people’s dreams and enjoy herself. The Golden Skakdi’s nature almost fits a contented beast, only when attacked does it pull out his claws. Not knowing who the Toa Mahri were, she probably wouldn’t harm them. She did nurse dreams of conquest, but I think she would be more patient, seeing as she waited for years in the Fikou web for visitors. And she does have the power to assume a mistlike appearance (read Challenge of the Hordika). So, what do you think?

Pretty sure it's all but confirmed that Zaktan was the green mist that flew into the Energized Protodermis. People have asked in the recent year if Zaktan was dead or if he was one of the components of the gold reptilian being, and GregF has said he cannot answer.It's not like the other Piraka share the same personality with the golden being. I don't think it really matters.

Edited by Erebus

jlovfkk.jpg

Considering he was a venom eel at the time, I have to question is Zaktan would have been capable of dispersing into protodites. I'd assumed they'd kind of merged into an amalgum when that happened and could no longer be separated. However, I still place it as reasonably possible that Zaktan really is the driving force behind our new friend Goldie. The green mist is crazy suspicious and there wasn't anything in canon to indicate the protodites had fused when he mutated into a venom eel.I'm still unsure...but if it is Zaktan and we find out :begging: - I'm throwing a giant party. Zaktan was possibly my favorite villain.*sniffsniff* I miss you Zaktan...Yo yo Piraka! :winner:

odyssey1_bannernew.jpg

Review Topic

I AM OFFICIALLY BACK! :D After 18 months on hiatus, I have returned, but I have spent that time well. If you want to see how it was spent, click on the banner to start reading the result or click on the linky-link below to get further information off of the review topic.

All I'm asking is if it WAS Zaktan, why would he want to dive into a pool of EP? I'm sure he knows what it is and how dangerous it is. And I doubt he would want to be horribly mutated into a fusion with the other Piraka and some other random beings he's never met before in his life.

Signature Guidelines: Signature may not exceed the 800x300 limit. For more reference use the box located in your signature editor.

All I'm asking is if it WAS Zaktan, why would he want to dive into a pool of EP? I'm sure he knows what it is and how dangerous it is. And I doubt he would want to be horribly mutated into a fusion with the other Piraka and some other random beings he's never met before in his life.

Better than an unrecognizable mass of aquatic protodites. He felt his will was strong enough to dominate the entity. In Legends #3, wasn't it stated that Zaktan had higher willpower and mental strength than normal in order to hold his protodite body together?

aouROFb.png

I think I saw somewhere that fusions have a new mind. However, if this isn't true, Zaktan would certainly dominate the other Piraka, as well as those unnamed beings. I never did think of Krahka as a possibility here though; it could work, since Zaktan is not really confirmed as living or dead.

Read my comedy, about the Hero Factory villains watching a television channel produced by our Spherus Magnan friends!

The Bionicle Channel

"I expect that when I write my next entry in this chronicle, I will be writing as uncontested ruler of the Brotherhood."

-Certainty, my Memoirs of the Dead entry

I honestly don't think the green mist was Zaktan, simply because when he was mutated into his 'eel' form, he could only breathe in water. And I don't see how he could've made it from the place he died to the Piraka's home island (I forgot its name. Sorry. :P) without suffocating to death.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Uh, Greg's been practically saying it's Zaktan for the past year or whatever, Annona hinted it really obviously with the whole "one thought dead" thing, so, yeah, 99.999% sure it's Zakatn. Of course, now we'll never know...

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

I has idea!!!! Nobody puts all their eggs in one basket, right? So I think... Wait for it... The green mist is Teridax! He knew that there was a danger of dieing and that, so I think he made a 'backup essence' and sent it to that cave in case something went wrong. Even if not, that would be an epic reason to bring Bionicle back.

-L- to the -K-

Sometimes, I look at my desk, and think, "What am I doing with my life?"

Then, I go back to my videogames.

I used to be known as 'Gresh's Thornax...Ouchy!!!', before I realised what a silly name it was.

Other previous names include Lihkan435 and Chip Biscuit.

I has idea!!!! Nobody puts all their eggs in one basket, right? So I think... Wait for it... The green mist is Teridax! He knew that there was a danger of dieing and that, so I think he made a 'backup essence' and sent it to that cave in case something went wrong. Even if not, that would be an epic reason to bring Bionicle back.

TEIRIDAX...IS...DEAD. ARRRGH!! Sorry, its just that Greg said that he was dead and there was no chance, ever, of him coming back. Ever. And that includes this one. As an added thing, Greg said the mist wasn't antidermis.

Zaktan, or any of the other Piraka. I don't recall characters like Thokk or Reidak being dead, but any chance it might be a Dark Hunter? We never know. =/

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

My bet is on Kojol. Kojol or Tridax.

Both of their essences were completely fried, Kojol by a furnace, Tridax by Tobduk. And Tobduk doesn't make mistakes when it comes to that kind of thing...
Hm... Can anyone think of a Makuta whose essence wasn't fried? Icarax maybe?

Both of their essences were completely fried, Kojol by a furnace, Tridax by Tobduk. And Tobduk doesn't make mistakes when it comes to that kind of thing...
When Teridax took over the MU, he eliminated all the other Makuta so that they couldn't overthrow him. So the mist wasn't a Makuta's antidermis. (And as Fishers64 said, Greg comfirmed that it wasn't antidermis.)

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

When Teridax took over the MU, he eliminated all the other Makuta so that they couldn't overthrow him. So the mist wasn't a Makuta's antidermis. (And as Fishers64 said, Greg comfirmed that it wasn't antidermis.)
Oh. I missed that. But I was just thinking maybe someone's antidermis wasn't COMPLETELY destroyed.

Oh. I missed that. But I was just thinking maybe someone's antidermis wasn't COMPLETELY destroyed.
Actually it confirms in Makuta's guide to the universe that Teridax kept a few Makuta around to make kraata. Edited by Toa Zaz

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

If you guys check the Official Greg Dialogue/Discussion Topics, you'll find many answers to your questions, such as this:

You've said that the green cloud recently featured in Reign of Shadows was not Antidermis, correct? Well, was this given in the context that the Antidermis belonged to Teridax? Basically, is it possible to be some other Makuta... like Icarax?

It's not antidermis, period. And Icarax is scattered all over creation, meaning his consciousness has dispersed, so it couldn't be him.
It's not Antidermis at all. All signs point to Zaktan.

jlovfkk.jpg

If you guys check the Official Greg Dialogue/Discussion Topics, you'll find many answers to your questions, such as this:

You've said that the green cloud recently featured in Reign of Shadows was not Antidermis, correct? Well, was this given in the context that the Antidermis belonged to Teridax? Basically, is it possible to be some other Makuta... like Icarax?

It's not antidermis, period. And Icarax is scattered all over creation, meaning his consciousness has dispersed, so it couldn't be him.
It's not Antidermis at all. All signs point to Zaktan.
I would like to hear a defense for the Zaktan theory. How does the Golden Being exhibit the characteristics of Zaktan?

I'll counter-question that by asking if the golden being exhibits the characteristics of the other Skakdi. :P

No. It has been verified that the "green mist" contains the being's mind, or at least I thought it was verified. But I have seen Krahka exhibit a mist-like form before, and I thought the characteristics of the Golden Being would be better attributed to her. If you read the first post in this topic, it doesn't seem that the Golden Being acts like Zaktan. It doesn't act like him. That's my theorum on the matter. In fact, I would hazard that the Golden Being doesn't exactly act like a Skakdi at all.

I don't believe the Golden Being acts like a Skakdi either. In fact, it might have a new personality not belonging to any "ingredient" used for the fusion.

It is a possibility. I just remember a topic back in the days of the archive where nearly everyone posted saying that the case was pretty airtight saying that the Golden Being was Zaktan and I thought "What? That doesn't exactly make sense." I think I actually posted in that topic yelling "Objection!" and I was stomped, so I thought I would post a bit more evidence for a more open debate.

Uh, Greg's been practically saying it's Zaktan for the past year or whatever, Annona hinted it really obviously with the whole "one thought dead" thing, so, yeah, 99.999% sure it's Zakatn. Of course, now we'll never know...

Why will we 'never know'?I myself suspect that it might have been Zaktan. Now, with plenty of evidence pointing to him (despite his 'death'), I might just be right. :PStill, Krakua would seem like a good candidate if it not were for the fact that she supposedly went back to the light side (can someone confirm that for me? I didn't read Challenge of the Hordika).

I don't believe the Golden Being acts like a Skakdi either. In fact, it might have a new personality not belonging to any "ingredient" used for the fusion.

It is a possibility. I just remember a topic back in the days of the archive where nearly everyone posted saying that the case was pretty airtight saying that the Golden Being was Zaktan and I thought "What? That doesn't exactly make sense." I think I actually posted in that topic yelling "Objection!" and I was stomped, so I thought I would post a bit more evidence for a more open debate.
There's actually a site where you can make your own "OBJECTION"s. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post up a link to it, though.

My Comedies: The Krika Show (Season 1)
The Krika Show Season 2 

Still, Krakua would seem like a good candidate if it not were for the fact that she supposedly went back to the light side (can someone confirm that for me? I didn't read Challenge of the Hordika).

There's actually a site where you can make your own "OBJECTION"s. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post up a link to it, though.
"Objection!" is just my way of saying I expressed doubt about that fact that Zaktan was the Golden Being. As for what you're refering to, I have absolutely no idea. I'm not even sure I want to know what you are thinking. As for Krahka, I'm not exactly sure she turned to the side of right - throughout Challenge of the Hordika she was morally ambiguous at best. She does make a brief appearance on Voya Nui after this, and wasn't exactly out to be friendly, as Axonn was fighting her in a side swipe scene before he was called off on Order Business. We also haven't seen her or her friend the Tahtorak since the events of Journey's End, which is suspicious.

Well, we haven't seen Zaktan since 2007, so if it were actually one of the two, it is possible that it could go either way, using just that. However, the amount of evidence pointing towards Zaktan is quite compelling, and I've always felt that if he wasn't a large part of the storyline for more than just one year, why would he have discovered Teridax's plot? Perhaps there was a scrapped story idea. Of course, Greg is all for plot twists away from the expected. This could be Berix all over again.

"Whether that is right or not...I also...as a Rider...have a wish that I want to fulfill."

Zaktan was killed by Teridax while beneath Metru Nui. Their's nothing left of him.Krahka is a "probably not" for me. If I recall, she settled down a bit after coordinating with the Rahaga.

No. Gaaki merely stated that he seemed dead. You can see a guy get shot and he would seem dead to you, possibly. And the whole exploding thing never really works out too well for Zaktan (considering his little protodite problem)I agree with you about Krahka though. We all need to remember that despite her intelligence, she is still a rahi. She still has the instincts and traits of a rahi as well. She was never very power-hungry (except for a while in The Darkness Below after being provoked by matoran invading her territory) and even though many traits of the being are similar to hers, that doesn't mean she is the being.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

Still, Krakua would seem like a good candidate if it not were for the fact that she supposedly went back to the light side (can someone confirm that for me? I didn't read Challenge of the Hordika).

"Objection!" is just my way of saying I expressed doubt about that fact that Zaktan was the Golden Being. As for what you're refering to, I have absolutely no idea. I'm not even sure I want to know what you are thinking.As for Krahka, I'm not exactly sure she turned to the side of right - throughout Challenge of the Hordika she was morally ambiguous at best. She does make a brief appearance on Voya Nui after this, and wasn't exactly out to be friendly, as Axonn was fighting her in a side swipe scene before he was called off on Order Business. We also haven't seen her or her friend the Tahtorak since the events of Journey's End, which is suspicious.
Woah! Hold your horses, child! I was talking about Phoenix Wright!

Zaktan was killed by Teridax while beneath Metru Nui. Their's nothing left of him.Krahka is a "probably not" for me. If I recall, she settled down a bit after coordinating with the Rahaga.

No. Gaaki merely stated that he seemed dead. You can see a guy get shot and he would seem dead to you, possibly. And the whole exploding thing never really works out too well for Zaktan (considering his little protodite problem)I agree with you about Krahka though. We all need to remember that despite her intelligence, she is still a rahi. She still has the instincts and traits of a rahi as well. She was never very power-hungry (except for a while in The Darkness Below after being provoked by matoran invading her territory) and even though many traits of the being are similar to hers, that doesn't mean she is the being.
Hmm. You're right. Although Krakua seems suspicious, she does not have much of a motive. Has anyone asked Greg if the Golden Being's green mist is a character we know? I might whip up a PM.

My Comedies: The Krika Show (Season 1)
The Krika Show Season 2 

I see Zaktan as the kind of smart guy who would fake not being able to breathe air in order to let the Toa think they had him cornered. For all we know, the mutation made him amphibious, or didn't affect his breathing at all because he is protodite-based. In that case, he could have dispersed when Makuta "shattered" him, and then reappear later. He did know Makuta's plan, after all. If Teridax was really the one to orchestrate the creation of the Fusion, then Zaktan could potentially know as well and decide to "jump in".But even so, if Zaktan is part of the fusion, I do not see him (or any of the other beings) as being in control. It is clearly a completely separate entity with its own strange mind and powers. In that case, Zaktan's will may have been strong enough to do what he did with Irnakk: Just "live" somewhere in the back of its head; his mind not fused but still trapped. For all we know he will return along with the others if the Fusion gets reversed.

Better than an unrecognizable mass of aquatic protodites. He felt his will was strong enough to dominate the entity. In Legends #3, wasn't it stated that Zaktan had higher willpower and mental strength than normal in order to hold his protodite body together?
Whoa, guys, take a look at my quoted post, he could dominate the fusion, but the other minds altered his personality so it may not act like Zaktan in some aspects.

aouROFb.png

Remember, at this point in time, Teridax had complete control over the MU. Thanks to his telepathy, there is no way Zaktan could have survived without his knowledge. Therefore, if Zaktan is part of the fusion, Teridax allowed, if not made, this happen. Assuming, of course, that Zaktan didn't get a mental shield somewhere.

Read my comedy, about the Hero Factory villains watching a television channel produced by our Spherus Magnan friends!

The Bionicle Channel

"I expect that when I write my next entry in this chronicle, I will be writing as uncontested ruler of the Brotherhood."

-Certainty, my Memoirs of the Dead entry

Remember, at this point in time, Teridax had complete control over the MU. Thanks to his telepathy, there is no way Zaktan could have survived without his knowledge. Therefore, if Zaktan is part of the fusion, Teridax allowed, if not made, this happen. Assuming, of course, that Zaktan didn't get a mental shield somewhere.

Yes, Teridax wanted this thing created, otherwise he would have stopped it. But it is all but confirmed, as shown here:

Their mission here was as simple as it was perilous. The Order had learned that Nektann, a powerful Skakdi warlord, had allied with Makuta Teridax and led his army on a journey south. Now it was vital to find out if any of the other warlords were going to follow his lead...

And later...

This makes no sense,” said Hahli. “Even if they throw them into the liquid, the three of them might just be destroyed by it … probably will be. So what’s the point?”“None,” said Nuparu. “Unless … unless, somehow they know those three are destined to transform.”“But the only one who could know that would be --”“Teridax,” finished Jaller. “They probably don’t even know he put this idea into their heads. It’s another one of his sick games.”

Edited by fishers64