Worst character in Bionicle G2?

In your opinion, who is the worst character introduced in G2 by now?

For me, It's Skull Grinder AKA Kulta.I think that he is pretty lame as a villain, even for his purpose in the webisodes.

Of course he looks kinda imitating and do some cool stuff off-screen, But what he actually do on-screen is just doing almost nothing until Ekimu kiss his .

Couldn't he just eliminate everyone including Ekimu before destroy Makuta's mask?

Skull Basher. He was only in the story for thirty seconds before the Toa took him down using the same method as a charging football team. Even Kulta managed to knock the Toa out and destroy their Golden Masks before Ekimu defeated him. 

But at least Skull Basher is still alive, if only so that he could possibly come back and redeem himself in the future story. I doubt it will happen, but at least the possibly of it is there.

• Upvote 2

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Kulta, only because I thought he would have some sort of backstory or depth

• Upvote 1

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

I've fleshed him out 

*insert joke about him being a skeleton and therefore having no flesh*

I'd say the LoSS is the worst "character". We know even less about it and its motivation than about Kulta. I mean, all we know is "big spider under control of Makuta". It even had less story significance than any of the Skull Villains.

:kakama:

• Upvote 1

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

The Toa Unity.

If you haven't seen the the Netflix show go watch it.

(Spoilers!)

The Toa of this year are terrible.

I love the sets but the story is terrible.

They completely disregarded the character traits given in the 2015 web series.

Look at Kopaka in 2015 he was cold; isolated; like the original Kopaka Mata.

Now look at 2016 Kopaka.

He is now more like fun loving G1 Pohatu.

They should of kept the same character traits that were established.

• Upvote 1

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

On the villains side, anyone that's not Makuta or Umarak the Hunter. On the hero's side, Gali, they won't even let her do lame puns anymore...

She never did lame puns & the other toa weren't allowed to be funny. The only funny moment in the animation was Kopaka slipping & even then, he didn't really suffer any misfortune or injure himself, so it wasn't funny. 

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

On the villains side, anyone that's not Makuta or Umarak the Hunter. On the hero's side, Gali, they won't even let her do lame puns anymore...

She never did lame puns & the other toa weren't allowed to be funny. The only funny moment in the animation was Kopaka slipping & even then, he didn't really suffer any misfortune or injure himself, so it wasn't funny. 

I just rewatched espidoe 14 of the web series, she mumbled something about "asking the neighbours for directions" in the graveyard. Not necesarily a pun, but I think is the only bit of that trait we got, sadly.

• Upvote 3

In your opinion, who is the worst character introduced in G2 by now?

For me, It's Skull Grinder AKA Kulta.I think that he is pretty lame as a villain, even for his purpose in the webisodes.

Of course he looks kinda imitating and do some cool stuff off-screen, But what he actually do on-screen is just doing almost nothing until Ekimu kiss his ######.

Couldn't he just eliminate everyone including Ekimu before destroy Makuta's mask?

Interesting question and I would have to agree with you as Kulta was the worst.  He could of been a cool character yet nothing came out of him. I hope this could be changed in the future and the story team reveal more of his past and history. 

Onvermel  :pakari:

• Upvote 1

"I believe in certainties. The strength of my limbs, the power of my mask, the sharp edges of my blades — that is what I build my plans around. Trickery, deception, complex strategies, they are for the weak! If you want power, and another has it, you get it not by outwitting him — you get it by stepping over his corpse." Makuta Icarax

"WHO ATE ALL THE PIES! WHO ATE ALL THE PIES!"

http://onvermelreport.blogspot.ca/ --- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaX7xUwGu9-8kVqQ4BqOxWw               

onvermel_report_logo_24.bmp

The Skull Creatures. They don't have much character development. All they did was acting like evil video game minions to be defeated by the heroes when they just met.

The second worst is Kulta because he is the leader of the Skull Creatures and the main antagonist of the 2015 storyline, but he got his butt kicked by Ekimu after Elimu and the Toa just met him. Plus, Kulta could have possibly destroyed Ekimu's mask to complete his mission.

The worst is Skull Basher because after he just met the Toa alone, the battle lasted seconds when the Toa defeated him in one hit. Kulta should've regretted left Basher alone.:P

I wish that the Skull Creatures could've gotten reinforcements, have more character development, and have their origins explained, rather than just Makuta's super-loyal servants.

• Upvote 1

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Good Guy.

Read the title of the topic with me.

Worst charcter in Bionicle G... Oh....

G2 Good Guy.

Nah but seriously the worst character so far? Harvali. She near got the protectors killed in Revenge of the Skull Spiders, she got herself lost in an outcropping cave system on the outskirts of the anceint city, and worst of all she freaking fainted when she finally met Ekimu!

• Upvote 1

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

• 4 weeks later...

It seems like a lot of these guys are hated more for poor utilization or depiction than anything else.

While I like him visually, I can't say much for Journey to One Umarak. He makes a big deal about not serving Makuta and then does exactly what Makuta wants. The most independent you see him is when he mouths off to Makuta and when he dons the Mask of Control, and the latter was Makuta's plan all along.

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge

The characterization all around could use work but I guess I really don't like what they did with Pohatu. I didn't care enough for them changing his G1 personality but on top of that he wasn't even done well for what he was. He was one of the most annoying parts of Journey to One. He was grumpy and awful for nothing.

But to counter that I actually like some of the villains. Umarak, though he has practically no true characterization is really cool and menacing in JtO and has a great voice. Skull Slicer is also pretty cool for what he is. He isn't really much of a character but I like the subtle idea that he was a warrior like a Glatorian and how he wears a skull spider shell for a mask like his signature. At first it felt cheap, but it helps him stand out and feels oddly inspired. I guess they're not really characters, but I feel like it's healthier to remind myself of something I do like about G2 alongside everything I don't.

• Upvote 1

But to counter that I actually like some of the villains. Umarak, though he has practically no true characterization is really cool and menacing in JtO and has a great voice.

Umarak's voice is actually my only gripe with the guy so far. I always imagined him more like, say, Sovereign or Harbinger from Mass Effect and less like Starscream. Though I guess it is more accurate, since he is the Starscream to Makuta's Megatron, after all.

Either way, I would have preferred something else. 

:kakama:

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

I might actually say the Toa collectively. Sure, some of the minor characters might be worse, technically, but the Toa are the main characters. They're supposed to be so relatively fleshed out and, to some degree, interesting. Since they aren't that, I'd say they're the worst. (If I had to pick a specific Toa, it would be Pohatu.)

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

From my limited exposure to the G2 story (basically just the 2015 web episodes) I would have to say Skull Slicer. The website depicted him as being a skilled warrior and possibly a reluctant villain, but in his one very brief appearance he was defeated about five seconds after appearing and doing a stereotypical cartoon villain laugh.

Edited by ~~Zarkan~~

I have slept for so long. My dreams have been dark ones. But now I am awakened. Now the scattered elements of my being are rejoined. Now I am whole. And the Darkness can not stand before me.

From my limited exposure to the G2 story (basically just the 2015 web episodes) I would have to say Skull Slicer. The website depicted him as being a skilled warrior and possibly a reluctant villain, but in his one very brief appearance he was defeated about five seconds after appearing and doing a stereotypical cartoon villain laugh.

Man, it would have been great to see the "reluctant villain" part factor into the story. Imagine: the Toa enter the underground arena and see Skull Slicer mopping the floor with a dozen other Skull baddies. Tahu is all confused and asks Skull Slicer if he is an ally of the Toa. Skull Slicer's like, "Nope... Just getting a warm-up in." He then proceeds to demolish all six Toa, saying something like, "I take no pleasure in this. But fighting is my entire existence, and my master commands me to fight." Then the Toa wouldn't actually defeat him, but would help find a way to free him from Kulta's control. In gratitude, he would go down fighting off a huge wave of Skull baddies while buying the Toa time to escape.

But I guess a bad guy who just runs around laughing evilly is also pretty memorable. :P

Him slipping isn't what really what was funniest about that scene in the first place — what was funniest was him being such a perfectionist that he immediately denied that he had slipped even though he obviously had. And IMO, there were plenty of other funny moments, like Lewa joking that Onua should be leader because he "knows how to grab attention", Kopaka leading the Toa in a complete circle when he took charge, and the arena collapsing immediately after Lewa had asked Onua if he'd succeeded at defeating Skull Slicer "without breaking anything". There are also some humorous moments in the graphic novels, like Tahu having an utterly one-track mind about him being the Toa's inevitable leader, or the gruff Pohatu begrudgingly befriending a family of wildcats. Obviously humor is subjective, and what's funny to some people isn't always funny to everyone, but I don't get where you get the idea that the other Toa weren't allowed to be funny.

I'm not that good at choosing favorites or least favorites of stuff in general, and honestly the characters who haven't had much in the way of personalities really didn't make much of an impression on me in general (even the non-speaking Skull Creatures tended to have a modicum of personality, such as Skull Slicer being agile and erratic, Skull Basher being a stalwart heavyweight, and Skull Grinder being committed and ruthless). I guess if I have a least favorite it'd probably be one of the protectors. Perhaps Kivoda, because the other Protectors' speaking appearances at least gave me some sense of their individual character traits, while Kivoda feels fairly generic.

It's tempting to give the edge to Lord of Skull Spiders, but all things considered, Lord of Skull Spiders is more of a monster than a character in the traditional sense, and its ability to learn from the Skull Spiders' defeats and mobilize them from afar makes it pretty compelling as monsters go. I'd kind of compare it to the King Root of the Morbuzakh from G1, albeit without the same brute strength or the ability to speak, and with a much stronger visual design.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Based on JtO alone, almost all the characters were really weak. Ekimu didn't have a personality beyond being a short Optimus Prime, Gali and Onua didn't fare any better, Kopaka just felt like he had no identity other than "jerk" and neither did Pohatu, Tahu didn't showcase his traits very much, and Lewa came off more as a kid than anything else. Umarak could have been really cool, but we're never shown his motives and his character is limited to "muahaha, I'm the bad guy!"

Rule #1: Always listen to Kek.

Rule #2: If you break rule #1, kindly don't.

Rule #3: EVERYBODY TYPE IN THE CHAT "AVAK IS A STUPID TRIGGER"

I'm going to have to go with Lord of Skull Spiders. I understand that the short animations of 2015 were meant to tell the story in a quick, digestable format, but for being wave 1's main villain, he was extremely under utilized. I mean he was essentially the Gen 2 equivalent of the bahrag queens and the battle that took place was just kinda lame overall.

The same could be said of Kulta as well.

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

Based on JtO alone, almost all the characters were really weak. Ekimu didn't have a personality beyond being a short Optimus Prime, Gali and Onua didn't fare any better, Kopaka just felt like he had no identity other than "jerk" and neither did Pohatu, Tahu didn't showcase his traits very much, and Lewa came off more as a kid than anything else. Umarak could have been really cool, but we're never shown his motives and his character is limited to "muahaha, I'm the bad guy!"

Really?  Because in the 2015 animations, Kopaka is absolutely savage to everyone for no reason.  Then in Journey to One, he became the comic relief.  And Pohatu probably had more personality in Journey to One than he had in all of Generation 1.  I will agree though that everyone else ended up feeling pretty flat, but I guess this series was meant to be more action-focused than some of the more character-driven stories of Gen 1.

Really?  Because in the 2015 animations, Kopaka is absolutely savage to everyone for no reason.  Then in Journey to One, he became the comic relief.  And Pohatu probably had more personality in Journey to One than he had in all of Generation 1.  I will agree though that everyone else ended up feeling pretty flat, but I guess this series was meant to be more action-focused than some of the more character-driven stories of Gen 1.

If i may though i will take this time to point out that aside from the toa mata and metru (who had somewhat reasonable if not simple characters, metru being deeper and more alive than mata tbh...)

Greg really only knew how to write, at most, four characters, and he just repeated them. a lot. ugh.

• Upvote 1

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

I think it's unfair to judge really any of the bad guys apart from Makuta and Umarak, they existed only to be steamrolled by the Toa. Even Kulta was only there to be defeated by Ekimu.

Worst character for me is Pohatu, who was essentially a different character. Then again none of the Toa really had much to say about themselves either. We just didn't have enough content to properly develop anyone.

There are no bad characters, just underdeveloped ones.

Like seriously, pitifully underdeveloped.  Like six feet underdeveloped.

But to choose one, honestly... Makuta.

His motives were obscure and a bit inconsistent. "He's jealous, he legitimately thought it was a good idea, he's just evil".  And why does he want to destroy Okoto all of a sudden?  Didn't he just want the Okotans to like him?  He never even got to do anything, at least on screen.

I was totally on board with the "Makuta isn't the true villain" idea until CB3, and even now I have my doubts.  Im not sure even Lego knew where they were going with him.

Runner up... 'Narmoto's Son'

• Upvote 1

Kopaka's character was "jerk." He didn't feel like he contributed anything other than salt. Neither did Pohatu.

Rule #1: Always listen to Kek.

Rule #2: If you break rule #1, kindly don't.

Rule #3: EVERYBODY TYPE IN THE CHAT "AVAK IS A STUPID TRIGGER"

Batman, I mean Batman, I mean Batman, I mean Batman, I mean-

...Yeah no I mean Batman.

G1 Pohatu: Fun guy you could totally just hang out with.

G2 Pohatu: Batman except with salt and unlikability.

Nobody outside of the Toa, Umarak, and the Mask Makers really felt important enough to count as a character, at least not outside of the books. (Which I haven't read, so they might not be all that better.)

• Upvote 1

"Whether that is right or not...I also...as a Rider...have a wish that I want to fulfill."